It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS a govt site?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I got this in a u2u from a lil bird... I wont say names, but I found it disturbing and thought Id share... Anyone with any info on this?

(i didnt know where to post this really)

(and to the person who sent it, I wont name you so dont worry)

IP Address 213.206.128 213.206.129 213.206.130

Node Name Gov-bb21-lan-14 Gov-bb22-lan-15 Gov-bb23-lan-16

Location Langley, Virginia

MS 60

Network Used whois.nic.mil (for military network information)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Goethe

very interesting indeed, unless someone has played it out to you a bit.

mods any answers?

anyways who cares if it is they're busy filtering the possible nuts of the world by now with a big suspect list

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Goethe

I knew it !!

I knew it!!

I always thought Springer was really Ollie North.

Good Find.

Seriously now, if it is a Gov Site, that would make it about the only

good thing this Gov is doing.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Sean48]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Expect this thread to be closed in 10 seconds.

I have heard similar things as well

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Goethe

I come up with different results when I do my own traceroute. Doesn't look to be military.

You can't expect anything you say on the internet to be private anyway. If it is run by feds... Screw 'em.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by FalselyFlagged]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Goethe

lol ... your little friend is so current.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Someone's been hanging around naughty forumz and believing everything they say ...

[edit on 5 May 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I would not be surprised lol, just because of the videos... and I like this site. Also it prolly isn't... but just in case. Who cares in a relative terms, I hope it is actually, if they are running it for security of some sorts then "all the power to em!!!"

Personally I would rather be watched as I poo then not have the Governament, they are there to protect in these times of bull#.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Thats weird I got the same u2u a day or two ago...
I will try to find it and post.

OKAY here is what I got:

[[Subject:
sent: 4/5/2010 at 03:18 PM
I did a trace route on ATS. the Node Name is listed and maintained by the government.

IP Address 213.206.128 213.206.129 213.206.130

Node Name Gov-bb21-lan-14 Gov-bb22-lan-15 Gov-bb23-lan-16

Location Langley, Virginia

MS 60

Network Used whois.nic.mil (for military network information)

It was difficult to get the IP Address, It was spoofed and looped over 9 times. Anyway Langley, Virginia is where the CIA headquarters is. I'm more than concerned.]]

[edit on 5/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I think you've been had, looks like someone may be trying to spook you into posting just such a public inquiry. You know, injecting doubt and fear into the ATS community.

I think that if ATS was a "gubbmint" site, many ATS members — including myself — would have received a knock at the door from the MIBs by now, and particularly since Obama's team of Anti-Free-Speech operatives have gone to work in an effort to SILENCE us.

If your mystery U2U friend wants to send me any missive, tell him to feel free. I fear nobody and no agency in the Federal Gubbmint.

— Doc Velocity

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It's an old April Fools' joke that still gets passed around as fact by disgruntled ex members or anti-ATS websites.

It's been explained before in threads and is one of the reasons ATS quit doing AFD jokes for a while.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderinghows
Personally I would rather be watched as I poo then not have the Governament, they are there to protect in these times of bull#.

Frankly, the gubbmint has been producing more bullshît than anyone in the last year, and it's not about "protecting" America. The gubbmint payroll is suddenly expanding at a greater rate than our national employment rate, and the scumbags in DC seem hell-bent on demonizing any American who dares dissent.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 5/5/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I could care less one way or another, but I still like to know whos who and whats what.

And if Im paying for this site with my tax dollars, Id like to know.

And, if the IP addy is legit, and it goes back to Langley... I HAVE NO DOUBT ABOUT ATS BEING A GUBBMINT SITE THEN

If this thread is kicked, oh well. Just proves a point I guess.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Originally posted by wonderinghows

Frankly, the gubbmint has been producing more bullshît than anyone in the last year, and it's not about "protecting" America. The gubbmint payroll is suddenly expanding at a greater rate than our national employment rate, and the scumbags in DC seem hell-bent on punishing any American who dares dissent.

— Doc Velocity

Really? Just in the last year man? How about the last 10 or so?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'm sort of wondering if I should post the members name that sent that u2u to me. It looks like at one time he was complaining about a thread of his being closed and getting fined 1300 points.

Maybe some of you would know if this person has hoaxed before.....

It was sent to me by starwarp2000. Shows he is still a member...

[edit on 5/5/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
lol Membership up. U2Us going out to say "pssst watch what you say!" Sounds to me like the OFAs aren't quite pleased with the response they've gotten & are switching to Plan B.
I haven't seen anything so much as approaching seditious here. And people don't "hate" this president any more than anyone ever hated Bush/Cheney.

Never be silenced.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Oh yes. And we know where you live, and what you are doing, and who you really are. *MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!*

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Sheesh people ... those aren't even properly formatted IP addresses.

Here's the source of this madness: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Man, that April fool's joke is the gift that keeps on giving.

(btw, I'm pretty sure kinglizard used to be staff when he posted that)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goethe
Really? Just in the last year man? How about the last 10 or so?

Nobody put me on an official Hate Speech list until this year.

No, I know the Libs out there are still puking their pablum about The Patriot Act, as if the Bush Administration was somehow the Great Satan of domestic spying in America.

Which is pure bullcrap.

If you want to go back and examine the historical perpetrators of domestic spying in America, you're going to find the names Kennedy and Clinton at the top of the list. And Obama is fast on the way to the top, I'm sure.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 5/5/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'm just wondering, but if ATS was run by the CIA, do you really think they would have government IP address and the servers located in Langley?

Unless you know ATS is actually a CIA recruiting site that is looking to hire more operatives.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Yeah, there we go. All I have to do is slam Kennedy and Clinton and Obama for domestic spying, and I immediately receive more "Respected Foe" U2Us...

However, if I didn't have a steady stream of "Respected Foes," I wouldn't be doing my job. The TRUTH always meets opposition.

— Doc Velocity

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join