It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You owe me and you are going to pay!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Under the current administration you will have to give up 34% of your fish to the guys who don't have lakes.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

how about adjusting the wages/welfare benefits so that when people get jobs....
umm...they don't lose so much that they aren't making it???

if you had a choice between not working, having a roof over your head, a meal or two every day, healthcare when you need it or working and living on a meal every couple of days (I've been there!!), not having the healthcare, or living with no electricity, or something else that is considered a necessity, I suppose you would chose to give up all those luxuries and go flip hamburgs for minimum wage???

and by the way, the single largest group of welfare recipients are the single moms I believe....
I've raised three boys, and believe me, IT'S WORK!!!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Mam, I believe you and again you are a Hero in my book deserving great respect. I don't know your situation nor do I need to. And when I started this thread I wasn't speaking about you or others in the same or similar situation.

The ones I'm talking about are the quacks like my scum bag brother in law that searches until he finds a doc to say he's got head problems so he don't have to work and sit home and draw disability. Also he and his wife lie to the department of family an children service's so she can get $650.00 a month in food stamps so they can sell them to buy drugs and alcohol. They lie also by telling them they are separated and she get's welfare. Then on top of all that she has low income so she gets a free cell phone....lol
I think someone said it didn't work earlier.

Again Thanks for the input...u get a star

Here's the web site for low income free cell phones. fro some reason links will not work. www.safelinkwireless.com

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Loken68]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

And I want a free Pony.

That would be soooo awesome!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

The lazy ones ARE in the cars waiting in traffic.

I am the one you are so angered by on a bicycle,passing you all by.

And I slept an hour later than you just to save time getting past YOUR gridlock,and to recharge for the next days ride.

Most of you don't work as hard as you think you do.

Freedom is sweating your way through this life,and I'm not talking about a health club.

America is lost.

You are slaves.

Obama has nothing to do with it,it has been this way for a long time.

Oh Yeah,and I won't slander another group,or complain about footing part of the bill for my existence,or anyone else's.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Welfare as a portion of income over time:

This has been going on for a very long time.

Anyone know where I can find that picture of some celebrity serving soup at a soup kitchen, and there are people waiting in line for free soup and taking pictures of them with their iPhone.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by scwizard]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

It isn't so much the little people who abuse the system,as it is the people who are the administrators of it.

The system is the problem,before the FED,there were no income taxes collected,and the united states hummed along just fine.

The systems are broken,all of them,they were designed to be.

This is what happens when you become complacent,and rely on others to make important decisions on your behalf.

I'm beginning to understand what Ronnie Raygun was saying now,when he referred to something called.... "Trickle Down Economics"....

[edit on 6-5-2010 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
What is wrong with these things being given to each person? We all deserve an education and food. We all deserve to have our health, unless it is our fault that we are sick (Obesity, smoking, etc.). We all deserve food. We all deserve a home.

According to your own ideals that is. But who pays for these things that should be given to everyone? More specifically, how do you fund these things for people that cannot afford to provide them on their own?

We do not deserve a phone, an x-box, a dog, a cat, an ipod, unless we work for it. If you want the fun stuff, you have to work, that is my philosophy.

I agree. But isn't the act of buying these things (by people that can afford to) help those working at these companies put food on their tables?

It is not as clear-cut as you are suggesting.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68

A free Birth.
A free elementary school education with lunches.
A free high school education with lunches.
A free College education
A free Medical system.
A free food stamp package.
A free home.
And a free death and burial.

What is wrong with these things being given to each person? We all deserve an education and food. We all deserve to have our health, unless it is our fault that we are sick (Obesity, smoking, etc.). We all deserve food. We all deserve a home.

We do not deserve a phone, an x-box, a dog, a cat, an ipod, unless we work for it. If you want the fun stuff, you have to work, that is my philosophy.

Well that depends.....how many people these days actually give anything to their country? Military service is looked down upon by spoiled kids who think they are too special to join because their parents told them so. How many people actually do volunteer work such as community service unless forced to by a judge? What have Americans these days DONE to deserve an education and food? What happened was that past generations of Americans paid their dues so that we today can have the freedoms and liberties which we enjoy. Problem is, most everyone has forgotten this and now everyone just expects something for nothing. God Bless America......

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
how about adjusting the wages/welfare benefits so that when people get jobs....
umm...they don't lose so much that they aren't making it???

if you had a choice between not working, having a roof over your head, a meal or two every day, healthcare when you need it or working and living on a meal every couple of days (I've been there!!), not having the healthcare, or living with no electricity, or something else that is considered a necessity, I suppose you would chose to give up all those luxuries and go flip hamburgs for minimum wage???

and by the way, the single largest group of welfare recipients are the single moms I believe....
I've raised three boys, and believe me, IT'S WORK!!!

Which is strange when you consider that many of those brave, independent Single Moms receive child support payments in addition to their welfare cheques. Oh and yes raising kids properly is a difficult task indeed.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I see a gripe session over who will be forced to foot the bill here.

Equality means that everyone gets a fair shake,regardless of their background or upbringing or skin color or religion.

A lot of you sound kinda like insurance adjusters,trying to determine the disbursement to the victim of an accident,to determine what he deserves for compensation.

If you wanna be responsible,stop relying on others to protect you from yourself and others,it goes way further than just your household,whether you wanna admit it or not.

YOU are not the benchmark for others to live by,if you think you are,you are an arrogant ^%#$@%^,and deserve no consideration.

Once we get past this superior "American Butt-head" attitude,then we may make some progress.

Extremists are everywhere,but in the way most people have their extreme beliefs to guide them,they see nothing in between those belief systems.

There is something in between,if you tell me your daddy taught you everything you needed to know,I will reply to that with "He was trying to save you the time of learning it the hard way",but that does not mean you stop learning from that point.

Compliment the effort of those who took the time to teach you,go on and learn more.

The good student always surpasses a good teacher.

This is the "Great American Experiment".

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Who the frack says, YOU??? YOU, nor anyone else, deserves ANYTHING!!! If you are not capable of providing for yourself, you may rely on your family and friends - if they are willing to help. Sorry, but it is NOT my responsibility to provide you with with sh*t!!!
I'm busting my azz to provide for my OWN family so that I don't have to LEECH off of some other hardworking folks trying to provide for THEIR families!!!

I'm VERY curious though, since you believe in these entitlements... What percentage much of your income did you donate to help those in need? What percentage of your time did you donate to help those in need? How many indigent people have you taken into your home and provided them with food and shelter?

You see, it is one thing to make the claims that you support all of these handouts... when it is someone else's money!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a change of attitude is always welcome,no more soldiers as slaves.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The arguement about whether or not someone should provide for others is pointless. Self-focused people will see it as being forced to do it, while those more likely to help do it because it is the right thing to do. It's a pointless argument.

I pity anyone who is willing to let others starve or die of illness just because they don't think they are 'entitled' to it. IF you can help others you should do it. But I agree no one should be forced to do it.

Whenever I hear 'survival of the fittest' it makes me sad. Humans are more intelligent than to have to rely on that type of thinking. And the rant 'that's how we survived in the past' is not completely accurate. Many civilizations survived through cooperation and sharing. Those cultures that didn't sometimes killed themselves off through war, because that mindset ultimately leads to those who are stronger taking everything from those who are weaker.

To be human is to have compassion. If that is lost, we are no longer human.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The mindset that for some reason at birth, you're supposed to work and earn a wage to live, is pure indoctrination.

No one should be born into a life of servitude or slavery.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

I'm on board with you, the Op is being too broad and vague in judgement. I too served in the military. I've also held over 50 plus jobs. Mainly construction, ditch digging, and industrial labor. No cushy hoity toity jobs for me. I worked around alot of chemicals and eventually suffered acute schizophrenia. I can't work and the psychiatrists won't let me. They are worried I may snap and kill someone as I almost did once before, so OP be glad I'm not in your place of work. What's more is there's a risk I may stick my hand in a moving machine seeing and believing it to be off. All around me and work right now is a bad mix. Hopefully I can return later. I get free meds and counselling. But, is it really free? No. As I worked I paid into what is called FICA on your US pay statements. I am entitled to recieve as much cash as I have paid into FICA (which in my case is 10's of thousands) and not a penny more. When the well runs dry, that's it. Over. No more FREE money. So how free is the money I get really. Even my food stamps come out of a fund that my working taxes paid into. True they don't properly screen the bulk of the applicants. But, the funds have to be in their system for you to qualify in the first place. So lying to them isn't always an option. For women, there are way more services and you can get away with more lying on your app's. For men, you have to jump through hoops to get what they will give you. As for obesity, I am not fat, but, I have family and friends who are. and their health is not always a direct result of their diets. For instance, Mexicans have a fat cell in their genes so that around age 30 many of them begin to balloon out. For a site that wants to deny ignorance, there sure is a ton of work to do.
Taxes do not pay for construction, roads, highways, healthcare, the operating budget of the US, etc. They go to pay the Federal Reserve. The money government uses comes in the form of a loan. Just because you pay your tax, which was hypothecated along with the people of the US and their resources by FDR to the Fed in the 30's, does not mean that the money loaned to the US to pay for the budget came from your taxes. It could have come from any other country and just converted to US dollars and doled out with interest. So, the idea that our taxes pay for anything is fallacious. It is all digitized to replace cash and check and it is a fraud. Too bad so many people buy into it.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by PhyberDragon]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Original Poster, please go get your bible, brush all the dust off and return it to the nearest church, that is if you have a bible and know what a church looks like.

I interpret your post as someone who is older, have a little money, perhaps losing it in the market, never had to really work hard at anything, probably never produced a worthwhile good or service.

Maybe you had some semblance of control in your life, but you've lost it, maybe a divorce, or a retirement.

You've been really sheltered, lived in the same area more most of your life in a small to mid size town, and have known the same people for a very long time, which means that you have absolutely no idea how 99% of the people in the world, live/think/act/feel.

But hey, I understand your post, generalizing about people you cant understand and will never meet because your cranky is kinda fun!

Or if i can quote something that I'm sure you've said in your life more than once... "This is America, and if you don't like it, you can get out."

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Castellan]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Reply to post by Phlynx

It's sad to see people like you. Just saying and implying that people should only work if they eant things like ipods is sad and you have no sense of economics. If less people work and expect free homes, health, etc where does all the tax money come from? More taxes means less disposable income, which means less jobs which in return means even less taxes collected which starts the cycle over. It's vicious.

Sure maybe people are entitled to homes and etc... But people are surely not entitled to homes built by others for them. That might as well be slave labor. If you want a home and you do not work, go out collect wood and build it yourself. That's what your entitled to. If you want free health care study medicine and provide it for free to yourself. If you want free education, educate yourself for free.

Just pure ignorance. People want free stuff(especially liberals), but expect others to do the work for them. What did people do thousands of years ago when liberals did not exist... Actually have to work and survive for themselves... That's terrible how did they ever survive...? O wait a second we are their descendants.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

First of all, there is no such thing as free when it comes to the government. Our government is funded by OUR TAXES, OUR MONEY for which we are legally obligated to pay under penalty of law. Why should I have to pay for someones "free" whatever that you think we are entitled to, if they are unwilling to do it for themselves? I have no problem contributing to charities and help my fellow American when he is down, but I shouldn't be forced by law to do so, which is what our tax system is basically doing.

Another thing, why must we believe that obesity is solely the problem of the individual? There are numerous studies that show the dangers of government sanctioned food additives, MSG for one, and other toxic substances, farming practices, and disinformation that they allow to permeate our food supply and culture.

I believe that we are being manipulated into believing that we need our government to do everything for us, to take care of us, to provide for us, while they continually work to subvert and control us in the process. Whatever happened to hard work, self determination, self reliance, personal responsibility?

ESV

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
How about this. If so many democrats want stuff for "free" then how many of you are willing to pay 65-70+ percent of your income to the feds? That's a low ball on that for the middle class. Then you get free housing, free education, energy, healthcare, etc... A quote all my econ teachers used to pound in our heads was "theirs no such thing as a free lunch." Someones paying for it.

And say people are paying 80 perecnt of their income for free everything? Ok so 20 percent is left over as disposable... How many people are going to feel ok spending that? America relies on spending. People will start saving and cutting back on vacations, cut their cable packages down, stop going to the movies, less eating out,etc... Great now we have a huge loss of jobs due to decreased spending and now we have to cut military because taxes aren't there. So we have all these military men without jobs and a paycheck. We will have to cut government jobs. People are going to stop going to the banks for loans so now we have all those people added to the unemployed. It won't stop.

Free everything as the idiots on here have suggested(just look at their posts) would destroy this country.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join