It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea masses 50,000 troops on border

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Kim Jong is a heavily armed psychopath with a bad case of cabin fever, how can anyone try to predict what he'll do? The entire country is suffering from mass psychosis induced by an all encompassing fear-based totalitarian brainwashing propaganda regime of mega-cult proportions.

For all we know the lunatic will order his troops to be loaded into catapults and flung across the border followed by him and a marching band all dressed as penguins.

He is a fricking nutcase... and he wears ladies sunglasses.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funk bunyip
He is a fricking nutcase... and he wears ladies sunglasses.

That made me laugh. Of all the things to say about him, you had to pick on his ladies sunglasses.

Off-topic I know, my apologies. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The idea that China might attack North korea if they committed a rogue attack on South Korea is SCARY.

Simply because there arent many countries that ANYONE could asskick and not be bashed by the international community,China is trying to look better to the world and distance themselves from there questionable past,what better way to leap away from their communist evil reputation.

And any gain in territory,no matter the initial cause of the invasion is A MAJOR VICTORY FOR CHINA as their population dictates the immediate need for growth and the thirty million single Chineese men of marrying age dont care if their wives are Chineese or Korean.

Hows about that perspective?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This came out 25min ago

SEOUL, May 6 (AFP) - Traces of explosive from a torpedo have been found on debris from a sunken South Korean warship, fuelling suspicions that North Korea sank the vessel, a report said Thursday.

Aluminium fragments from a torpedo casing have also been found, Dong-A Ilbo newspaper quoted a member of a team investigating the blast as saying.

President Lee Myung-Bak hinted Tuesday that North Korea was involved in the sinking, which cost 46 lives. He promised a "resolute" response when the cause is established following the multinational probe.

The unidentified team member was quoted as saying the explosive traces were found on a funnel that was torn off the Cheonan by the blast on March 26 near the disputed border with North Korea.

www.mysinchew.com...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
geez talking about time differences

we catch a suspected NYC terrorist in 53 hrs
from bang to bubble gum

yet it takes over a month to distinguish
torpedo fragments and gun powder
on a ships hull.

Something doesn't sound right.
it took too long to come
forward with that info.
I still think it's staged.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

Exactly my thoughts. China could do this and appear as a big world hero... way better than the US spreading democracy to Iraq that's for sure.

The love for China could rival the 70s love for Mao... well at least here lots of people loved Mao...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Who is doing the analyzing though. If it's being done somewhere that doesn't have the latest most up-to-date equipment it'll take longer than it might somewhere else.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The original "police action" had nothing to do with NATO. It was a UN mandate to restore south korea to it's original border at the 38th parallel. Now what happened was instead of stopping at that parallel, soldiers went all the way up to the Yuan river, which is chinese territory. That's why they got involved in the first place. They chased American ass all the way back down to the 38th parallel. MacArthur lost his mind and demanded nukes. This is of course simplified but that is the gist of what went down. China has supported efforts to unify the Korean peninsula.

This troop build up has been over 3 to 4 years. The last I knew, Kim was dying. That's the consensus in the west anyway. Do you kno what this is tied to? Aid. I bet you they've been asking for more money. Have we considered that the sinking of that ship may have been some kind of terrible accident on their part?

The Chinese are not going to tell the U.S. not to intervene because the U.N. is simply not going to let N.K. slide on this one. None of the Asian sphere is. Even Russia isn't going to put up with it.

I think too many of you are itching for war.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Whether it be from miscalculation or manipulation, the threat of a stone being thrown is a bit frightening with all this tension.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Did you catch the thirty million sngle men of marrying age WITH NO WOMEN TO MARRY,china has artificially created this imbalance in order that they have a massive and willing male only fighting force AVAILABLE AT A SPECIFIC POINT IN TIME ,,and that time is now or very soon ,the only question is where FIRST.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If lots of American troops die in an invasion type scenario, imagine the American response. Iraq and Afghanistan never even attacked America and looked what happened to them.

Then again wouldn't be surprised if some sort of false flag event happens.
Even that ship sinking could have been.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamspark

Originally posted by Vitchilo will China give the go ahead to go South because they think that the US wouldn't intervene because Obama is too weak? They could think that... since a lot of americans think that of Obama...

I actually think it is the US who needs a war desperately. Wondering whether the SK warship was sunken by US

Stranger things have happened
wouldnt put it past the scum running this country

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Just look at the human NEEDS in the countries with the biggest populations and the biggest armies and you have your OBVIOUS ANSWER AS TO WHERE AND WHY THE NEXT MAJOR WAR WILL BE AND WHY IT STARTS.

Both Koreas are making a mistake for not joining each other and just picking one big friend,now they are like the hatfields and Mccoys and they dont know what to do,they should probably both start international mail order bride exchanges with China.And conquor them from within,ha ha.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the OP.

I suspect it's possibly a diversion. Keep one eye on the Middle East.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamspark

A bold statement indeed. I would highly doubt The United States would do something so trivial to begin a war. They would do something big.... like blowing up some buildings.. LARGE buildings.

-sarcasm, I don't actually believe The United States would ever try to bring war upon themselves, we value our soldiers lives far too much to wish for war. (Comparing numbers to that of WWII and today in Iraq.)

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Informativeme

-sarcasm, I don't actually believe The United States would ever try to bring war upon themselves, we value our soldiers lives far too much to wish for war. (Comparing numbers to that of WWII and today in Iraq.)

Twice as many people died on Iwo Jima than in Afghanistan/Iraq...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
You guys are fooling yourselves if you think that China would invade either half of Korea, and tenfold that to attacking US forces.

China is a changing country, the changes are vast in the last decade. Now i'm not calling China a saint of a country in any respect, don't misunderstand. But in the long haul of things, that would be a vast mistake for them, and they know it. The modern China is a brighter, more positive country and we give credit for. Not that it certainly doesn't have it's problems, which are vast as any large nation, but China is indeed a different country than that one the news reels used to play propaganda against.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

I'm not sure this is a threat per se. My opinion sinking a a warship and getting 50,000 troops on the border(in the course of years), it seems like slieght of hand. In other words look to the right while the left is doing the "magic".

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

For YEARS Sung asked Stalin to let him invade the South... and every time he said no. But that time he said yes because of new information that came to light indicating that the US wouldn't intervene...

of course the US was going to allow it... poor guy was hung out to dry..

Letter to President Harry Truman, February 16, 1945. The letter was never answered and was not declassified until 1972

DEAR MR. PRESIDENT: Our VIETNAM people, as early as 1941, stood by the Allies' side and fought against the Japanese and their associates, the French colonialists. From 1941 to 1945 we fought bitterly, sustained by the patriotism, of our fellow-countrymen and by the promises made by the Allies at YALTA, SAN FRANCISCO and POTSDAM. When the Japanese were defeated in August 1945, the whole Vietnam territory was united under a Provisional Republican Government, which immediately set out to work. In five months, peace and order were restored, a democratic republic was established on legal bases, and adequate help was given to the Allies in the carrying out of their disarmament mission. But the French Colonialists, who betrayed in wartime both the Allies and the Vietnamese, have come back, and are waging on us a murderous and pitiless war in order reestablish their domination. Their invasion has extended to South Vietnam and is menacing us in North Vietnam. It would take volumes to give even an abbreviated report of the crisis and assassinations they are committing everyday in this fighting area. This aggression is contrary to all principles of international law and the pledge made by the Allies during World War II. It is a challenge to the noble attitude shown before, during, and after the war by the United States Government and People. It violently contrasts with the firm stand you have taken in your twelve point declaration, and with the idealistic loftiness and generosity expressed by your delegates to the United Nations Assembly, MM. BYRNES, STETTINIUS, AND J.F. DULLES. The French aggression on a peace-loving people is a direct menace to world security. It implies the complicity, or at least the connivance of the Great Democracies. The United Nations ought to keep their words. They ought to interfere to stop this unjust war, and to show that they mean to carry out in peacetime the principles for which they fought in wartime. Our Vietnamese people, after so many years of spoliation and devastation, is just beginning its building-up work. It needs security and freedom, first to achieve internal prosperity and welfare, and later to bring its small contribution to world-reconstruction. These security and freedom can only be guaranteed by our independence from any colonial power, and our free cooperation with all other powers. It is with this firm conviction that we request of the United Sates as guardians and champions of World Justice to take a decisive step in support of our independence. What we ask has been graciously granted to the Philippines. Like the Philippines our goal is full independence and full cooperation with the UNITED STATES. We will do our best to make this independence and cooperation profitable to the whole world. I am Dear Mr. PRESIDENT, Respectfully Yours, (Signed) Ho Chi Minh

[edit on 6-5-2010 by reeferman]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I can see how far China has come ,I suppose you believe that 30,000,000 single ,unmarried men of fighting age and mentality due to lack of available female partners all maturing at the same time is a FLUKE?

Just start there ,the baby boomers are all ageing and they didnt have as many kids as they were supposed to AND THAT WASNT supposed to happen,the BOOMERS were supposed to give their culture a HUGE BOOST in the population growth department,but instead they were sabatoged from within the family unit by some very well timed propoganda,pushed down the throats of our women.

Now our available fighting force is one quarter of what IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE,and our current available force is BEING FORCED TO RETIRE DUE TO AGE.

We have never been more vulnerable,,JUST WHEN CHINA HAS A COINCIDENTAL SURPLUS OF THIRTY MILLION FIGHTING MEN?

I highly bloody doubt that this situation was NOT ENGINEERED,this has been a trojan horse and we better all wake up.

People should have become alarmed when the divorce rate began to climb and the birthrate began to drop,but nobody had time,a mistake of youth as the Chineese OLD culture would say.

For gods sakes ,what are we going to send out,the wheelchair,cotton-top brigade to defend our country?

Its a little late for that,our parents are going to start a fight in the schoolyard soon ,I can feel it,they have no choice and are pissed off because they are beginning to see what was done to them,and the boomers are a vengeful bunch,look for a fight to start somewhere and soon,the kind that will hurt us to,but will AT LEAST LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD NUMBERS WISE.

I would be a good little country if I was China especially knowing what our culture is facing in the future as far as population dynamics on a global scale go.A lot of people would love to see China get thinned down a little,not myself,but a lot of people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join