It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea masses 50,000 troops on border

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It says in the article that this deployment has been going on for the last 3-4 years....I'd be more worried if they all of a sudden massed these troops on the border.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
And of course it's not on Korean MSM... What a surprise...

Maybe Kim just wants to dance!

And remember that according to the new nuclear doctrine, the only ones that would be subjected to being nuked by the US first are : North Korea and Iran...

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I think if he saw that he'd enjoy it.

Maybe i'll send it him

[edit on 5-5-2010 by thecrow001]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And of course it's not on Korean MSM... What a surprise...

Maybe Kim just wants to dance!

LOL............loved the vid

To me they are playing a game of chess but with real peeps....

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

So NK attacks SK alone, China takes over NK so NATO ain't on their border.

sense this no make.

Unless you mean they take over NK and but still keep it under their NK rule?..
If not, then NK will become China.. SK will become just "Korea" and U.S will still be on their border?..

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
NK would be a buffer zone... like the soviet union eastern europe puppets were ``buffer zone`` against NATO...

Eastern europe was part of the soviet union but was considered a buffer zone by the Soviets. Mainland Russia ain't the same thing as Soviet Land..

NK would be either run by another chinese puppet... or be taken over. Still it would be a buffer zone.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamiethegreat
It says in the article that this deployment has been going on for the last 3-4 years....I'd be more worried if they all of a sudden massed these troops on the border.

I think we should be focusing on this information. This significantly decreases the S about to HTF scenario for the time being.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

At first I thought it was going to be NK propaganda of Kim doing ballroom or a hoax, what a surprise to see it was neither, no hoax I recognised his face, the guy can dance. Could recent weight loss be a result of dancing rather than Illness not just dancing there were some clips of some pretty good martial art with a bo.

Maybe he did do a round of golf in 21 anyone else thinking Maitreya?

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Thepreye]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
When north korea attacks the south you would hear about it when you wake up in the morning. Like when germany attacked poland on 1st of September, no warning, nothing, just increase in tensions.

south korea will fall in a few weeks, maybe 2 months max... by then things in the middle east would have already boiled up, and ww3 is just on the horizon. hostory repeats itself and i've learnt to accept that.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I dont have much to add to this thread just reading along
as for the vid LMAO

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I read an article about a year ago about
NK's heavy long range artillery. Hundreds of them!!!
And hey could hit SK cities in a matter of minutes.
That is without using nukes at all.
It would be like a siege of SK.
Anybody else read that ??

edit to add video

[edit on 5-5-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

It's a well known FACT. In fact, they have THOUSANDS of them. Around 12.000-13.000 of them. Estimates say that they would kill around half a million people in the first 30 minutes of a bombardment of Seoul with those.

And most of those are buried in the mountains, so it would be impossible to wipe them out fast and easy.

That's why NK has not been invaded by the US/SK. Because it would cost too much lives.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Our hand is so weak right now what could we possibly do? North Korea takes South Korea, emboldens China to move on Japan and you can guess where Russia is heading. We have never been more ripe for the picking.

just my .02

And no we do not desperately need a new war. We quite have our hands full at the moment.

Oh and I suppose Iran might make a play for Israel, but I digress that would just be "fear mongering".

Yeah the South Koreans were just shooting at gulls...

[edit on 5-5-2010 by WWJFKD]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Yup, they had at that time 12000 artillery pieces or rocket sites within range of Seoul, the 50000 troop move in its self is nothing to worry about when 2 mill reservists move up to the front and another 2 mill hang near Pyongyang is when to worry.

Think of the destruction that many guns could rain down on Seoul even if loads were taken out by counter battery fire or air attack, in minutes they could still fire 250000 shells and missiles.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

(Link)

seven 7,000-strong divisions are now in place,

7 x 7000 = 49,000

Rev: 12:3

[---]and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads

A red dragon with seven heads. Could Kim have 10 nukes? Or seven?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Holy shabadoudi! This is getting intense! I really hope no wars goes off tho.. it's not needed

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Yep-looks like everyone is ignoring the information that THIS TROOP AMASSING HAS BEEN OCURRING OVER THE LAST 3-4 YEARS.

Their is nothing breaking about this and nothing on the MSM. Why? Because it really sint anything to worry about RIGHT NOW like the thread title implicates.

I wish folks would actually read the articles they post instead of just the headlines. It would cut down on a lot of BS on this site. But then again, what would this site be wqithout BS?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well why do they place their special troops on the border?

Because their aim is not to destroy Seoul anymore... IT'S TO TAKE IT.

So if NK wanted to start war, they would do exactly that, they would invade Seoul with their special forces... while destroying SK military bases with their artillery and stop the counter offensive with their other mainline troops.

It's not for nothing that the SK president has set up a task force to change the military posture and strategy of SK... it's because NK has changed is.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Three ways IMO war can start :
- China thinks the US won't intervene
- SK attacks North Korea
- Kim goes rogue and attacks SK by himself (China would invade NK if that happened)

This just keeps bugging me. First, China knows that the US will definitely intervene. In case you didn't know, America has troops in South Korea, there is no option BUT to react, if they were to attack.

Secondly, why would China invade the North? They're allies, if anything, Chine would choose not to get involved, or wait for the perfect opportunistic time to jump in and try to rush a quick defeat of the South Korean/American forces.

It just bugs me when people talk about how a country would react as if they were a person that they studied for years and their actions are all written out beforehand. The art of war, in the end, does amount to the art of deception, after all.

But great find anyway, I'm glad you brought this to our attention. There is a high probability that WWIII is going to start eventually, and this could be the potential starting point. With many countries in the world suffering from depressions and recessions, this would actually be a huge economic boost. The metal shipments, the laborers that will be needed, the resources that would be burned through within the first month, there will be money to be made.

But as I think about it, North Korea has allies, but doesn't really have any friends (publicly visible), they may attack and have no one come to their aid, militarily wise. So this could quickly amount to the defeat of the North, and the rebirth of a single Koreas, which wouldn't be such a bad thing (Not counting the loss of life and resources, both artificial and natural).

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Santh

Dude read the thread. I've explained why China could invade North Korea and why China would give the go ahead to NK to attack the South.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join