It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate: Should We Fear or Welcome Alien Contact?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
For all the none-believers that are out there: start reading the channeled messages on: www.galacticmessages.com... and you know enough.

My opinion is that if other civilizations wanted us dead/enslaved/harvest us or whatever bad things they can do to us, they would have done it already a long time ago. These people are here to help us with the years which are ahead of us.

Start thinking 'Galactic' for a change. What have we got to loose ?
With al little help from the mossad or CIA and a false flag Op, we'll have a 3rd worldwar very soon, we're running out of fuel, All the world's welth is with only 3% percent of the (rich) people and really, they don't give a # about you and your problems.... Instead, they create them for you!

For once (and for OUR future) we all have to settle our differences and contribute to a better world. If we lett our 'so called leaders' do this, maybe we and our earth won't be here anymore in about ten years.

We all have to unite and stand as one, no only you in the US but also the people here in europe, in Asia, middle east, in russia, etc..
Stop fearing: we as the public, we have the power. That's what they are really affraid off.

Whe are withheld from so much information far too long now, so NOW is the time for disclosure. WE, the people won't accept it anymore. Start accepting that folks !!!

Regards,

Danny (The Netherlands)

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
For me the real danger is that they may lie to humans and humans being stupid will most probably fall for it.

You are our children, we made you, we taught you in antiquity, we have been watching your progress and guiding you, and now we have returned home, to our planet :-))

The overall impression I get of the reptilian and greys is negative.

The overall impression I get of the human/mammalians is positive.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

They probably wouldn't be friendly. However, as far as us being part of this earth and not them, there is no way to prove that they haven't already been here and assisted in human evolution, for example, or possibly even been behind programming other life forms.

finally someone is catching on (you guys have to learn this on your own i am not entitled to tell you how your species was created...it's like a dog looking in the mirror they just freak out)
i will give a hint, this isnt the first attempt at creating us(many many failed "expierments"
sorry for the double post

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
One thing I find confusing is how the media often portrays aliens. Either they're here to wipe us all out or they're here to "show us the way".

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by True-seer

While Hawkins may be a genius in the physics arena, he an obvious twit in this one.

'He believes we should not attempt to contact them'?

Ha ha ha he thinks that we have to contact THEM. If they exist and could get here, that might not necessarilly be true. Our existence could and more than likely would be, already known to them.

On the other hand, it is nice of Stephen Hawking to concede that aliens probably do exist and that they might be a threat, definitely a possibility. We shouldn't assume that just because they show up one day and offer "assistance" that they are our friends. But they could be.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by darkbake]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
we should welcome it but if it blows up in our face (a la Mars Attacks), there had better be a back-up plan

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I think it would be should be welcomed.

Given the state of our society, could they really be worse than humans?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

Fear is the only thing we need to fear which is a very profound perspective. I don't think it wise to hastily initiate contact but we also should not fear contact. Simply through the process of showing fear, or ignorance by acceptance with open arms is foolish and could cause unfavorable reactions to these types of responses.

Neither deceptive fear nor ignorant innocence should be first contact impressions that any of us should make. Personally I think it is from the manner in which we respond to an action, in this case alien contact, that initiates a reaction to our response. If we respond with fear, deception and a show of force then likewise will be the reaction to this. Alternatively by reacting with "open arms" would seem to indicate blatant ignorance and this is also a false reaction.

Personally I think curiosity and caution are correct reactions to alien contact and this is what we should not only display but also freely disclose. These are responses to actions of alien contact, the aliens initiate contact with us, and this is quite different than us initiating contact with aliens. I realize that we have been sending out signals for several decades now that could be picked up if anyone is listening but this is quite different than actually attempting to initiate contact with a known source of outer intelligence.

Honesty is always the best policy in my opinion and the problems we face today are all based on fear, arrogance and blatant ignorance. We need to be brave enough to see things for what they are, learn from these things and move on. We are currently blinded by fear and ignorance, perhaps contact is being made and we are all missing it because of this blindness.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dannymh
For all the none-believers that are out there: start reading the channeled messages on: www.galacticmessages.com... and you know enough.

My opinion is that if other civilizations wanted us dead/enslaved/harvest us or whatever bad things they can do to us, they would have done it already a long time ago. These people are here to help us with the years which are ahead of us.

Start thinking 'Galactic' for a change. What have we got to loose ?
With al little help from the mossad or CIA and a false flag Op, we'll have a 3rd worldwar very soon, we're running out of fuel, All the world's welth is with only 3% percent of the (rich) people and really, they don't give a # about you and your problems.... Instead, they create them for you!

For once (and for OUR future) we all have to settle our differences and contribute to a better world. If we lett our 'so called leaders' do this, maybe we and our earth won't be here anymore in about ten years.

We all have to unite and stand as one, no only you in the US but also the people here in europe, in Asia, middle east, in russia, etc..
Stop fearing: we as the public, we have the power. That's what they are really affraid off.

Whe are withheld from so much information far too long now, so NOW is the time for disclosure. WE, the people won't accept it anymore. Start accepting that folks !!!

Regards,

Danny (The Netherlands)

If you think channeled messages mean anything, you're wrong.
Charlatans claiming they can hear what aliens are secretly telling them proves absolutely nothing, and is ridiculous as it always just happens to be what the new age charlatan was saying before the channeling.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Why would they contact us? What could we possibly give them?

This isn't a big galactic sandbox that we all have to play in and get along in.

This is a universe of only the Strong shall survive. Aliens contacting us would be just the next stage of predator and prey for us.

Who is who would be the real question.

Whether we can come out on top again in this Universal food chain should be the real question.

"Can't we all just get along?" probably not the question to ask when you have a deatomizer pointed at your head.

What's more important? Getting to the top of the hill or the path you take to get to the top of the hill? If a shark could talk, what would his answer be to that question? I'll bet his answer is not filled with noble and emotional idealism.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hi guys, interesting thread

As posted above me, fear them or not, it makes no difference.

First, anything regarding other life forms in the universe, is top secret. It takes the highest clearance level in any intelligence agency, which has intelligence about aliens, to have some sort of knowledge concerning this subject.

The question, whether there is alien life form in present in the universe, should be eliminated. There have been countless claims of people having seen UFO's, or being subject to abduction. ofcourse these claims could all be false, and every ufo is mistaken to be something of human intelligence. Then what about crop circles? all man made? Some of them are so magnificent, they are legit, in my opinion.

These agencies go to extreme to keep this secret. Heads will roll if there is any breach.

We think we know something, but we do not. We all speculate, it is all we can do. It is top secret, cosmic secret. We don't know unless they want us to know. These beings, are technologically superior to us. They have not killed us, cause we are more of use to them alive, then dead. By the way anyone here read the terra papers? true or false, it sure gives us a very interesting perspective on the state of affairs. In anyway, don't expect disclosure coming anytime soon, the cover-up by now is so monstrous, people have been, and will be killed over this. Cya!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by VinnieGregorino
I think it would be should be welcomed. Given the state of our society, could they really be worse than humans?

Well, look at it this way. Human beings, by a lot of genetic luck and a lot of downright viciousness, managed to carve out a pretty good spot for ourselves on this planet among all the other vicious, hungry and dangerous animals.

Now suppose that the eat-or-be-eaten aspect of nature extends out into space. And think of the level of intelligence and toughness it would take to survive and thrive not just on one planet, but whole clusters of planets, or even the galaxy. Who knows what kind of bloodthirsty marauders are out there, preying on the foolish and weak to survive?

There's a pretty good chance that it will be the survivors -- the bloodthirsty marauders -- that show up at our doorstep, rather than the wonderful enlightened Space Brothers.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I really do think a few people have watched 'war of the worlds' one too many times.

Even if there was an alien species out there that goes round raping planets for their resources & whatnot, then it would be pretty safe to assume they'd be quite proactive in doing this. And seeing as everywhere appears to be pretty quiet, hanging around listening for any signals would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Especially when you consider how long it takes life to evolve into anything intelligent enough to send messages in the first place.
Would seem more logical to have a telescope of some description that would be capable of detecting what planets atmospheres were made up of etc. And in which case we cant control that, so aliens recieving intentional signals from us would be the least of our worries.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Continued from my post a page back:

There are Aliens here already, we just need to peel off their skin to see who and what they are????

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I don't understand the logic of listening for signals when there is overwhelming evidence that they are already here .. not one .. but several races and types of ETs ..

Only question is when they decide to show themselves .. if they feel it's necessary to do so at all ...

How would we know they are not already raping the planet of it's resources .. or of the things they specifically need .. ?
They are so advanced .. they could do that under our noses all day and night while we are busy with our flower gardens and bug sprays and morally degraded TV shows ..

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

I think it would be should be welcomed. Given the state of our society, could they really be worse than humans?

Well, look at it this way. Human beings, by a lot of genetic luck and a lot of downright viciousness, managed to carve out a pretty good spot for ourselves on this planet among all the other vicious, hungry and dangerous animals.

Now suppose that the eat-or-be-eaten aspect of nature extends out into space. And think of the level of intelligence and toughness it would take to survive and thrive not just on one planet, but whole clusters of planets, or even the galaxy. Who knows what kind of bloodthirsty marauders are out there, preying on the foolish and weak to survive?

There's a pretty good chance that it will be the survivors -- the bloodthirsty marauders -- that show up at our doorstep, rather than the wonderful enlightened Space Brothers.

Yes, and if you see the nature of our planet, the most intelligent species are predators, the most peaceful are food.

So maybe the peaceful alien wont eat us, but maybe we will eat them.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
if theres is one thing i live for, its to finally know the truth. i want to meet them regardless of the outcome. i want to see them knowing they will eat me afterward.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluebelle
I really do think a few people have watched 'war of the worlds' one too many times.

Even if there was an alien species out there that goes round raping planets for their resources & whatnot, then it would be pretty safe to assume they'd be quite proactive in doing this. And seeing as everywhere appears to be pretty quiet, hanging around listening for any signals would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Especially when you consider how long it takes life to evolve into anything intelligent enough to send messages in the first place.
Would seem more logical to have a telescope of some description that would be capable of detecting what planets atmospheres were made up of etc. And in which case we cant control that, so aliens recieving intentional signals from us would be the least of our worries.

Yes, but we're blasting all of our signals out with no worry at all.
We've sent a ship that contains human blood beyond our solar system.
I really don't think we should be that proactive in trying to contact anyone and everyone.
And if you're considering how long it takes for something to become intelligent, think about how they became intelligent, years of bloodshed and violence, followed by even more bloodshed and violence, violence is a part of nature, it seems, in any case, you really can't chalk this up to watching war of the worlds too many times, when there are very real dangers with contacting E.T.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Given the state of our society, could they really be worse than humans?

I don't know. They could take away the air conditioned houses, the cold beer, the food in the panty, the car, the ipod, the cable TV, and the internet.

But yeah, living in an industrialized country in the 21st century is probably horrid compared to a potentially hostile alien species.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by vor78]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by futureproof
One thing I find confusing is how the media often portrays aliens. Either they're here to wipe us all out or they're here to "show us the way".

Beacuse any other situation wouldn't be exciting or interesting.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join