It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate: Should We Fear or Welcome Alien Contact?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GrOuNd_ZeRo

It depends how you mean welcome them, yes thier here but not everyone has acknowledged this yet so thier is still people that wish to welcome or dismiss the issue.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonteroReal
Yes, and if you see the nature of our planet, the most intelligent species are predators, the most peaceful are food. So maybe the peaceful alien wont eat us, but maybe we will eat them.

The more peaceful animals, like cows or butterflies, never invented the car or the airplane or the spaceship. So the alien animals most likely to find us will be the super-intelligent, aggressive predators.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

something has been here since Man's birth..

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I think we should fear and avoid it for now. Until we are close to equal with whoever may try to contact us we open for manipulation.

People say what are they going to do eat us? Not likely.
Why would they want our planet, then can get resources from uninhabited planets? That's true.

But...

What about slavery? If alien conspiracy is correct, then we were slaves of aliens in the past. That could even be our only reason for existence on this planet in the first place. What could we possibly do to fight them if they wanted to use as slaves?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Yes i agree but on that path they would have surely destroyed themselves. enough said, i believe they must have learned from thier mistakes like we must.

And even if they are aggressive that doesnt spell disaster for us.

I'm agressive, but i dont go atatcking people for fun or anything like that.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
'Caution' in this situation just wouldn't work.
You're defusing a bomb, you don't know which wire to cut, blue or red.
We'd either be destroyed by them or we wouldn't. Being 'cautious' wouldn't really help much.

'Oh sorry aliens it appears you may be hostile. Please leave and come again later once you've learnt how to behave yourselves'

That being said, If they were not hostile it is us that would eventually turn hostile.

It would be like segregation between whites and blacks all over again. But times 100. I'm pretty sure of this.
A large majority of the worlds population would be incredibly racist ( speciesist? ) towards them.
Alot of us can't even get along with other races, let alone an alien species.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Coolaid

Like another member on this site said "i'd rather be thier slave than suffer another minute on this planet" forgot his name but i must agree to a certain degree.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gaderel
More likely they should be afraid of us.

We are a violent, heavily armed, untrustworthy species.

[edit on 4/5/2010 by Gaderel]

I agree.

Aliens should fear us instead of us fearing Aliens. Humans are a war race and if we kill off each other, then we wouldnt think twice about attempting to kill some Aliens from another world.

From many reports ive read (Disclosure by Greer for example) we have already shot down Alien space craft and killed the occupants in that process.

As I said in another thread I made, I think Aliens think Humans are an evil vile race.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I dont think i would call these ET that have already vistied us to be 'friendly' either.

Friendly people do not kidnap you.

They dont mutilate your livestock.

They do not do torturous experiments on you.

They dont mind rape you against your will.

THEY ARE NOT FRIENDLY.

Unless you have a different definition of 'friendly' then i do.

pure insanity.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by tauempire]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
By our own nature, I'd say any intelligent life form visiting us would have to be careful. The idea that a technologically superior race of beings would be violent, only serves to exemplify who WE became, we kill what we fear or don't understand.

I would rather hold the hopes that the beings which visit us are peaceful and teach us how to be more like them (and less like ourselves). It wouldn't surprise me if they have been watching us taking inventory of who represents a threat to the planet, with plans to exterminate them.

If we cannot evolve to a peace loving, cooperative race, we do indeed deserve to be exterminated. Everything you see in the US is all about greed, lack of concern for the environment and planet on which we live.

We are only just now starting to do something to positively affect the planet, I do hope it's not too late for our race!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TroyB

Very true words Troy.

Opinion noted.

Starred

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by T0by

if their were hostile aliens out there, we would be instinct by now..

arg, now we are all into the guessing bit..

yet Earth has lasted billions of years, something put earth here, something helped us develop into something, so logically, if something out there is intelligent, and helping us along, I am guessing if they ever come visit us, we are doomed.. Since I guess we somehow failed..

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by True-seer
reply to post by Coolaid

Like another member on this site said "i'd rather be thier slave than suffer another minute on this planet" forgot his name but i must agree to a certain degree.

A PERFECT EXAMPLE I WAS TALKING ABOUT!!

TRAITORS TO THERE OWN SPECIES!!

PURE INSANITY!!!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Billions of years sounds more like luck then "divine" intervention... Wouldn't you say?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If I had not seen so many weird things in our history and did not noticed that a lot of country's released ufo files, then I would answer but with so much info all around then it don't make sense asking some people if it will be okay to contact them.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Billion of years is still way quicker than we should have developed according to scientists.

Ohh and btw did you know only 5% of our DNA is usefull the other 95% is Trash.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I will mix religion with this speculation, their is theoretical thought that the Err Satan, the evil guy would be extraterrestrial, basically coming down from the sky proclaiming to be our God, and creator, he somehow fixes our problems and proclaims himself creator.

I bring this up on accord to this, I believe allot of christians, or zealots in general will proclaim this to be a GOD, to come save them.. Ironically if theology serves itself, to its degree the jews would fall victim quite quickly.. So indeed you would see traitors to their own species occur on quite a wide scale. Just the sheer confusion.. If any contact occurs we would be put into order quite quickly.. Yet I think it would come to a choice somehow.. I think the differences in thought and understanding is a problem or a flaw in the communication process, we would have to be indoctrinated somehow..

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

billions has more syllables then luck so no.. Its complex in itself..

times about up..

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

They taught us how to build pyramids, they come from the stars. Who knows how much more we can learn from them?

Yeah they taught us? Or did they force us? We can all learn how to be good little slaves right?

Just remember. Human Resources. Think about it.

Quote:

I'm sure you wouldn't mind being a slave if you were chosen as a breeder (male ofc, would not be good to be a female breeder). But if you were not allowed to breed? Then how would you like it?

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Coolaid]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TroyB
I would rather hold the hopes

Hope is irrational.

There is a song i think ATS needs to hear before we go any further into this debate.If you dont like rock music or TOOL then dont listin.

But i think the song is relevent to this debate.Because many of you are holding out hopes that aliens will be peaceful by nature....i believe that is false.

And many of you seem to think that the universe itself must be full of peaceful aliens....i also believe this is false.

Many of you want to believe that we can LEARN to be peaceful...this is also false.By our very nature we are a violent warlike race(and proud of it too...at least i am....we could be like the expert warrior race of the galaxy..or something).

and finally alot of you on here act like your so good and peaceful...when you all know this song im about to link to desribes you as well as humanity to a tee.

www.youtube.com...

and for all you people on here that are so trusting of the aliens...this verse right here describes you so well i think maynard thought of you while writing this

"Credulous at best
Your desire to believe in
Angels in the hearts of men.
But pull your head on out (of) your hippie haze
And give a listen
Shouldn't have to say it all again

The universe is hostile
So impersonal
Devour to survive
So it is, so it's always been ..."

new topics

top topics