It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate: Should We Fear or Welcome Alien Contact?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tauempire

I think intelligence, is beyond violence.. So therefore, it holds no place with hostility, so in essence perhaps a higher intelligent being holds places as violence with cuss words to us.. Especially if they can fly spaceships to Earth.. If anything we are pitied.. What good is Earth goods to Aliens.. Seriously..
we obviously are not that important to intelligence.. If it exist. Which therefore looking at the structure of the Universe tells me it does..

yet lets hasten like the dogs that we are..

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Must agree that song does hit a nerve

Starred

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Good/Evil ? Nothing more than viewpoints.
You cannot humanize alien lifeforms.

And ssshhhhhhh! Do NOT attract the attention of the Hunters of the Dawn.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

That's a very good and true observation. But they are also most likely victims of programming and/or mind control that one doesn't have to look to hard to see.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I think in order for a intelligent species to strive you have to find a solution to violence, or hate, you have to have a evolution just right, to comprise yourself from large amounts of violence to ordain yourself from it to evolve, or just be that special.. So in conclusion I would say if we are contacted by intelligent aliens they would not be violent.. Yet again perhaps that is why we are overlooked..

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76

I think intelligence, is beyond violence.. So therefore, it holds no place with hostility, so in essence perhaps a higher intelligent being holds places as violence with cuss words to us.. Especially if they can fly spaceships to Earth.. If anything we are pitied.. What good is Earth goods to Aliens.. Seriously..
we obviously are not that important to intelligence.. If it exist. Which therefore looking at the structure of the Universe tells me it does..

yet lets hasten like the dogs that we are..

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Bicent76]

There is a fine line between genius and insanity ...
I think they more one gets intelligent .. the less emotional one gets .. and the more logical the mind starts to get ... either 0 or 1 ..
If the ETs are observing us .. or planning .. they are probably doing so logically ..
They would probably put a number to our overall value as a race ... which sadly seems to lean more on the zero side ..

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

I do agree. For most beings to survive and evolve, they must have surely learned to deal with violence AND also learn that we are all one. Once you learn that all things are interconnected, you have a different perception on life. I believe that is the natural progression for all intelligent species. If they do not get it, nature will eliminate them.

AND,

They have been coming here for a long, long time. If they wanted to take us, they could've done it at any time. They may just be watching us completely astounded by our immaturity and therefore would like to contain us? This is not a new idea, but it's very possible that they don't want us "screwing up the neighborhood".

Peace.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
After my own experiences lately, I do not fear them...although I can see why people will.
It's unusual to have something 'feel' inside your own existence, that's for sure..

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Anyway even if they ARE peaceful.....it matters not. Human nature demands war.....we are so aggressive and violent its not even funny.

I dont know if you guys have noticed this or not....but look around what do you see?

Turn on your TV....what do you see?

Go turn on your xbox or ps3 and loom into your games collection...what do you see?

They most likly have one thing in commen.

All your shows on TV..all your DVDS...all your video games....they have one thing in commen.

what is it?

VIOLENCE!!!!

Everything we do in daily life...every tv show we watch...every video game we play....EVERYTHING HAS VIOLENCE IN IT!

We let our kids in elementary school watch documentary footage of our most deadliest wars.

we teach them war manauvers before they hit puberty "and the general commanded his troops to do this..."

We let our kids play call of duty...where the objective is to run around and KILL other people.

Look at the action movies....why do you get a thrill out of watching battles? why does that get your adrenalin pumping?

Why do you go to horror movies to watch people get murdered?(even if its fake)

Why does almost every sport on the planet have some form of physical aggressiveness?

american football

rugby

football/soccer

And then you have sports like

Boxing

MMA/UFC

and entertainment like Wrestling.

LOOK AROUND YOU!!

Look at your children.....have you ever seen another child hit or fight another child??

Have you seen a two yr old pull another two yr olds hair and laugh while the other cries in pain??

Have ever seen a kind squish a bug without a second thought??

What does your child watch on TV?

Regardless of what it is....it will have violence in it or some aspect of another causing pain or humiliation on another.

everything in our lives has violence in it..in some form of another.

JUST LOOK AROUND YOU!!

have you ever just looked around to see how violent and competetive we are??why do kids play tag? to BEAT the other kids...TO BE THE BEST. TO BE THE APLHA MALE AND FEMALE!

QUIT FIGHTING!! ACCEPT IT!!

i have.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by tauempire]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

I respectfully, a term you might go look up, disagree.

As individuals we are relatively harmless.

As mobs, we are easily driven to intollerance, fear and ultimately violence.
en.wikipedia.org...

Any belief otherwise ignores what our media does to people on a daily basis, feeding the social proofs that govern how the mob should react.

If they arrived tomorrow.

Our relations would be based purely on the fools in governments world wide, who would gear the media to tell us how to react, who to hate and who to fear. Every countries leaders would be scrambling for any scrap of knowledge or technology to fall from the table and each would be willing to go lengths to sabotage rival countries negotiations where relations were actually working.

Like pigs we would quickly be jostling for position at the head of the trough.

Likely at this point an advanced alien species would try to control the situation. If any help would be given, shared and how it would be shared. Or just to abandon us all together as too primitive.

At which point I'm sure the FOX network or their ilk would turn around with the headline "Aliens sieze control of relations with Earth, humans snubbed as to primitive" and those who think they are being marginalized, react with anger, without knowing the reality of the situation. The general public, are generally ignorant and are kept that way on purpose.

I wont go as far as to call the general public stupid, you seem to have that job nailed.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I'm of the same school of thought as Stephen Hawkings, we shouldn't be so eager to make contact with extraterrestrial beings. Remember when the Pilgrims came to the New World, that didn't work out to well for the Native Americans. I see the same in our future, only worse.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Yep, this thread is nothing but a government pseudo intellectual debate to glorify freaks while belitting our human nature which was turned this way by the fallen ones who came from the skies before to teach us how to wage war etc etc. Seems you spiritual sociopaths don't remember reading the bible or any ancient scripture. You fools also forgot to include God into your little star wars equation. Anybody who follows aliens deserves to go to hell with them. You think true angels of God that he sends to give messages need to use UFO's? They don't need technology to beat the asses of the wicked monsters who want to control, deceive, use mind control, and brainwash mankind, etc etc.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Like i said above...it does not matter if they are peaceful..WHEN WE MEEt THEM.

eventually we will become hostile to each other.

you know many of you say that we must learn to be peaceful to reach the stars.....otherwise we would kill ourselves.

my question is...what happens after you reach the stars and form a solar system wide empire(thats what humanity would be..dont kid yourselves).

who says war wont reappear? what happens if you meet a species and are on good terms...but politics(which there will be...dont kid yourselves)just erode relations to the point of war?

would humanity willingly suffer the humiliation of being looked down upon as 'inferior' to other species(dont kid yourselves sentiments like that are bound to happen).

would aliens suffer under the same as us thinking WE are superior(even though they could me millions of yrs ahead of us...or possible even our creators).

what if aliens did create us and expected us to think of them as gods(not so far fetched...kind of like how we would want AI to follow our orders and to think of us as "the creators!!")

They may very well be peaceful..WHEN WE MEET THEM.

but evetually....war will breakout...it always does.

peace never lasts...war is ETERNAL.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by legalizeit

disagree completely..

I am emotional and you got my attention...

Imagine that...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Aliens could have truly alien minds.

Though they might have come together as a common planet, mastered space travel, and survived their own turmoil past- They may not be able to conceive of life else where as such an awe inspiring thing like we do.

They could consider us a possible threat- And no matter how we go about our business, they could be hell bent on whiping us out of existence.

They could enslave us, they could farm us (Though unlikely), in the grand scheme of things, they could do any number of horrible things to us or our world.

However, having said that- There's an equal possibility that they will be good willed, or at least, neutral.

There's simply no telling what might lay away in the vastness of space.
If we look and pry, ultimately, we might not like what we come to find.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
In my personal opinion, I believe we've been visited many times in the past, even way before roswell or even the beginning of terran humanity itself. Would I want contact? Based on what I've heard abou the greys, draconians, reptillians and such, because theres a much higher chance of encountering a hostile than an ally, I'd pass.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by felipecb
We should not fear the ETs... we should instead fear our governments, military industrial complex and all forms of religions, who are nothing but control instruments...phycological prisions devised to "manage" the sheeple! All you have to do to come to this conclusion is study our history deeply, that´s all!

Honestly you're almost there....But have NO FEAR!! That's what they want...Its your world, your reality, choose not to live in fear and life will be easy!

Trust me its not an easy thing to do, but if people could stand their own and not be fearful of others, whether its the government, illuminati, some psycho down the street...Then imagine how life would be!

There are only 2 things that make the world go round, LOVE and FEAR...All else stems from those 2 main components...I choose love and trusting in what is.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think intelligence is the balance of all senses.. Being able to use the uniqueness of each to find the answer or solution or idea behind the thing you are sensing, which therefore furthers your intelligence..

Emotion stimulates your senses in the first place.. Now I have no idea how aliens think, yet I am on accord to thinking we cannot even fathom such a construct of existence. The problem we will face is the how.. The how from the smallest part to the biggest.. The fear is understanding.. It will take all emotion from homosapien and all intelligence and experience to even fathom or try to undertake it.. Whether that contact be peaceful or hostile, the how and why will be at the face of the value.. Ironically, I just do not think we can handle not being to be able to solve the equation.. When we do we will keep checking the answer over and over again because it will not make sense.. It will be something like that, so bizarre.. It would take massive leadership to undertake such a understanding, and considering our leaders are in existence due to corruption and greed, I am quite curtain it would never be understood.. ! I am all for the fear alien contact..

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
IMHO i think the galaxy will mimic modern day earth nation states......with certain 'boundires' that belong to species.

i think politics will play a big part of the galactic community.

and i think war would mimic war of today in the since of "we want this planet!!","no this planet belongs to US".

they would likly go to some super government or union of multiple species(like the U.N.) and demand that they settle the matter.

then you would have a whole species who feels jaded and snubbed......and might threaten to "wipe the snoxlax off the face of the galaxy!"

which could lead to the galactic U.N. sanctioning the pissed off snubbed species.

so you could have the pissed off species gather all the other pissed off and snubbed species...and boom you have a intergalactic war on your hands.

" our species is tired of living under this oppression"

does not sound so far fetched to me....reality is stranger then fiction as they say.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
i think the problem with most on this thread is that they HOPE aliens will be peaceful.

hope is irrational....hope got us obama...do we need a galactic species version of obama ruling over our species!

and i cant understand how many people are so sure that aliens are peaceful!?

i just dont understand it...logic dictates to me that we have high chance of either alien types......

how can they say that im self projecting on the aliens when i say they could be hostile but dont they do the same?

they say aliens could think totally differently then us..but then turn around and say they will be peaceful because "you have to be peaceful to make it to the stars"?

does this logical fallacy escape everyone but me?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join