It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do White people deserve to have pride in their race?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I think the late Mayor Harold Washington of Chicago addressed this issue the best when he said "Just because I'm pro-black, doesn't mean I'm anti-white."

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I don't get how you could be proud of your race. You can't really influence your race once you're born, and imo you can only be proud of actions...being a certain race isn't an action.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Anybody who has pride in their race is a moron.

All races have done bad.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

When someone uses the racism card, there are several motivations:
-to scam for special treatment.
-to blame others for their failures, therefore avoiding the realization that they are failed because of their own shortcomings.
-jealosy

Here's why I'm proud of my race, and why many like to claim racism:

We invented: The constitution, railroads, pavement, cars, airplanes, space travel, nuclear fission, physics, radio, television, the phone, modern medicine, pasteurization, the microwave, baseball, football, basketball, golf, tennis, hockey, x-ray, glass, silverware, architecture, skyscrappers, GPS, domestication of animals, fire, farming, banking, the computer, the printing press, sea-going vessels, chemistry, astronomy, the elevator, shoes, the microscope, the alphabet, mining, hot chicks, the beach boys, Rock and Roll, and booze.
To understand the true impact of the white male on this world, spend a week in Ziimbabwe or Afghanistan. In short, it ain't braggin' if you can back it up. So we say to the rest of you........Bite me.

actually rock n' roll was invented by Chuck Berry.

Astronomy was invented by Sumerians and perfected by the Mayans.

fire was invented by the Sumerians. (Iraq now)

Beer was invented by the Sumerians .

sumerians again invented the first writing and alphabet.

Rockets were also supposedly lost technology from Sumerian culture.

Flight has also been linked to the Sumerians.

LOL

damn you are getting owned. But I give you the rest, but there are also hot chicks in every culture.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

Originally posted by astrogolf

When someone uses the racism card, there are several motivations:
-to scam for special treatment.
-to blame others for their failures, therefore avoiding the realization that they are failed because of their own shortcomings.
-jealosy

Here's why I'm proud of my race, and why many like to claim racism:

We invented: The constitution, railroads, pavement, cars, airplanes, space travel, nuclear fission, physics, radio, television, the phone, modern medicine, pasteurization, the microwave, baseball, football, basketball, golf, tennis, hockey, x-ray, glass, silverware, architecture, skyscrappers, GPS, domestication of animals, fire, farming, banking, the computer, the printing press, sea-going vessels, chemistry, astronomy, the elevator, shoes, the microscope, the alphabet, mining, hot chicks, the beach boys, Rock and Roll, and booze.
To understand the true impact of the white male on this world, spend a week in Ziimbabwe or Afghanistan. In short, it ain't braggin' if you can back it up. So we say to the rest of you........Bite me.

actually rock n' roll was invented by Chuck Berry.

Astronomy was invented by Sumerians and perfected by the Mayans.

fire was invented by the Sumerians. (Iraq now)

Beer was invented by the Sumerians .

sumerians again invented the first writing and alphabet.

Rockets were also supposedly lost technology from Sumerian culture.

Flight has also been linked to the Sumerians.

LOL

damn you are getting owned. But I give you the rest, but there are also hot chicks in every culture.

I believe and know every culture has invented and created a handful of items and success for their time.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Everyone deserves to have pride in their race.

Why are you saying white?

White people have done no worse than any other colour of people.

In fact in my country it is the non whites who spit on and hate the whites. And the government tries to accommodate non-whites at the expense of whites.

And the sad thing is that a lot of people of mixed race are the worst critisizers of their own race.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I started this thread a while ago. I forgot the reason why. Most likely to see why people were being critical of Whites. I'm mixed and I like to see how others view the world.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I'm Irish. I look at the people of Ireland and I am proud to be Irish. I don't think that's wrong.

When people think they're superior because of their race, that's what I disagree with. The human brain (in any race) is capable of great contributions to society. That's what we're here for - to help each other.

No one can stop anyone from being proud of their race. Just don't brainwash yourself into feeling superior. We all have our own contributions.

Peace

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1

If a white man does it, then it isnt him struggling to be equal it is seen as him trying to be superior because the white man has never been subjugated to slavery or genocide at least none i know of. If so then it was most likely by his own kind and not a foreign race. I may be wrong because i am not a history professor.

Have you ever heard of Attila the Hun? What about Genghis Khan? Have you heard of the Ottomans?
Have you ever heard something about the fact that hundreds of thousands of Whites die each year at the hands oh non-Whites? Does the fact that over 300,000 White Women get raped each decade in the USA by non-White males count as subjugation by another race?

What of the fact that hundreds of thousands of Eastern European women are sold as sex slaves each year? Does that count as slavery?

Only dumb Lamestream-Media-brainwashed Europeans think that White people don't suffer!

[edit on 26-7-2010 by The Cap de Pepene]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

I believe and know every culture has invented and created a handful of items and success for their time.

No!

The Chinese invented a handful of great items.
The Egyptians invented a handful of great items.
The Maya invited a handful of great items.

Taken as a whole, European people have invented and discovered virtually everything of great beauty and great importance.
Of course Academia would have you believe this is a highly subjective and racist point of view...

Originally posted by dragnet53
Anybody who has pride in their race is a moron.

All races have done bad.

Obviously!

But not all races have done something great!

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap
Any race responsible for the death of millions, buck wild fornication throughout history and the spread of deadly plagues can never hold their head high.

Of course you're talking about Mongoloids..

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
DNA tests have confirmed a relation between different skin tones. Tanning beds, skin dyes and bleaches, and carotene pills have all altered skin tones. Skin does not define anything that should produce a feeling of pride. Pride is supposed to be a sense of joy over an accomplishment.

Put a blind fold on, duct tape your arm to your body, and sit in a wheel chair for the next ten years and then come back and state where your feeling of pride really come from. It does not come from what you are born with having, it comes from the greatness you can accomplish with the little you have to work with.

The classic novel, "Pride and Prejudice" can be rented from the library and that was a story about all white people. The moral of the story was that pride does not come from what you are born into, it comes from what you do with it.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
i suppose because whites already have enough to be proud of. It would be like a rich kid and a poor kid, when the rich kid is happy, he is called spoiled, when the poor kid is happy, everyone thinks it's the overcoming of adversity. Racism is just a political device to divide and segregate people. Materialism divides the rest of the way.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cap de Pepene

Absolutely.

Physicist Jim Al-Khalili travels through Syria, Iran, Tunisia and Spain to tell the story of the great leap in scientific knowledge that took place in the Islamic world between the 8th and 14th centuries.

Its legacy is tangible, with terms like algebra, algorithm and alkali all being Arabic in origin and at the very heart of modern science - there would be no modern mathematics or physics without algebra, no computers without algorithms and no chemistry without alkalis.

For Baghdad-born Al-Khalili this is also a personal journey and on his travels he uncovers a diverse and outward-looking culture, fascinated by learning and obsessed with science. From the great mathematician Al-Khwarizmi, who did much to establish the mathematical tradition we now know as algebra, to Ibn Sina, a pioneer of early medicine whose Canon of Medicine was still in use as recently as the 19th century, he pieces together a remarkable story of the often-overlooked achievements of the early medieval Islamic scientists.

Oh, wait

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
White people are very rare. I suspect there are only a few thousand on this earth. Many call themselves white but they are a mix. As my grandfather used to say "there was a negro in the woodpile".

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Well at least a Billion. How ever you want to define it. White is a skin color.
I can find White people in the Americas. Europe. Asia, Middle East, Even there are White people in Africa.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mark Harris

You're joking, right?

Had not the Semitic plague of Christianity infested Europe, the fall of the Roman Empire would not have been fallowed by the disastrous period of regression we now call the Dark Ages.

Or in any case, it would not have been as severe or as long-lasting.

One more thing.. I just want to point out that your remark is viciously racist.

If one were to suggest that the Asians or Africans would never have developed sky-scrappers or trains if Europeans, as a group, had not developed, he would be viewed as a racist Neanderthal.
But apparently it's ok to suggest that Europeans owe everything to Arabs.

Such are the times..

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Let's all be proud of our red blood.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country

I understand your argument. I find the same thing true especially in North America. It seems as if in an attempt to repay certain races for the terrible things white Europeans have done in the past, we put ourselves down and subdue our own standing to make way and allow others of different races to assert their own "pride". "

Repay for giving them access to "white European" technology?

Repay for teaching nomadic hunter gatherer tribes to farm?

Repay for bringing modern medicine to tribes?

Repay for bringing math, science, literature to First Nations?

We also forget that Iroquois, Crow, Sioux, Cree etc captured and tortured many whites stealing their children....

Their are two sides of the sword of Canadian history.

I am married to a First Nation women and I observe the conditions that First Nation persons do to each other every day and it is, to be frank, sickening.

Theft, lies, murder are common place among first nations.

We have two sides....it is sad that we forget the good Europeans have accomplished because it is no longer politically correct in Canada.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
White people are very rare. I suspect there are only a few thousand on this earth. Many call themselves white but they are a mix. As my grandfather used to say "there was a negro in the woodpile".

Samll world! Most of my family call themselves Americans and if you translate that into pedigree, it is a mutt breed. I was born lighter than my sister but darker than my mother and my daughter was born lighter than my son but also lighter than my mother and me. In my own family, we have multi skin tones, and I do mean severe differences in color.

Then I learned in a class that skin tones are determined by adaptations to environment and the whiter the skin tone is actually a hazard in sunnier geographical locations just like the darker skins are a hazard in less sunnier locations. I just do not understand where pride in skin color comes in.

Race? That is a myth unless, of course, you are a dog breeder. There is no such thing as race unless you are talking pure pedigree that really isn't as pure as most people would like to believe. Even dogs started out from a genetic evolution that we humans continue to alter to fit our ideals.

Prejudice? Now that is a real problem. What does a pride in a prejudice accomplish? It just means that a judement is being made out of an ignorance. That leads to the conclusion of pride in a race being a pride in being ignorant. Is ignorance really something to be proud of?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The word race implies a competion. There is not a race, no prize for being in the right team, no right way, no wrong way, just the way.
We are all in the same team already, it is just the labels that separate us.
We are being human for now.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join