It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do White people deserve to have pride in their race?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

The BHI is Black Hebrew Israelis.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
James Brown song~ "I'm Black and I'm Proud"~

Can you imagine if a famous white singer did a song called ~I'm White and I'm Proud?"

Something to think about...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
I have heard this expression; "pride comes before the fall", but I find it to be deceptive, as it is hubris that comes before the fall, and the clear intent to demonize pride seems to be a part of an agenda that relies upon empty platitudes.

The only time most people get wound up about it is when the issue comes up. Otherwise people seem to be able to live and work togeather well in a multicultural setting even when some lingering awarness of the diversity remains.

But race pride if thats what you want to call it was needfull for blacks to stand together when they understood that no matter what they were as individuals they were being delt with as a whole because of race. Whites are likewise juged as a whole lets face it.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by Max_TO

Thanks for the point. It just aggravates me that people have to say something White pride. But if anyone else said something about their race's pride then people shut up and hide under their covers.

Yea the pendulum will have to swing back somewhat on this before the thing gets squared up. Whites really at times need to stop stepin and fetchin its downright disgusting and only invites the call for the tune by some.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
You may have pride in whatever you choose. If you're going to limit it to the mere outwordly appearance of your skin, then by all means go ahead. Just don't do it very openly or loudly. Alot of people won't take too kindly to it (white people mostly).

My take is that I may answer Yes to White/Caucasian on some piddly little form, but that doesn't mean I would ever invoke the name of that color in a moment of pride or solidarity with an individual or group who felt the need to shout it. I don't want to be grouped or categorized as such either.
I may be white but I'm not the same white as the next guy, and he and I have nothing in common. We didn't come from the same place, weren't raised the same, don't think the same, feel the same, worship the same, it's just nuts to think that he and I are alike because we would both be considered white.
My family tree is the biggest goulash of caucasian (and yes, some non-caucasian) descents that it would be impossible to trace my tree back to find out where I really came from. I have blonde hair and blue eyes and am about as fair-skinned as they come, but would never stand up and pronounce myself Aryan or superior or pure...
I prefer to hold my head a bit higher than that and shout "I'm me and I'm proud". My children will follow my lead and leave the race card on the floor where it belongs. That's the mentality everone will need if this maddening omni-directional hatred is ever to end.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
A few years ago I would have thought quite awhile about how to answer this question, or even the wisdom of this question being asked in the first place. But today, I can answer YES!!! I will never be manipulated into feeling guilty for sins I didn't personally commit or ashamed of the color of my skin.

I feel truly liberated from those feelings now.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Seeker Mom]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker Mom

Agreed 100% Me being white and blaming me for slavery and racism of my granparents is like blaming germans of today for Hitlers atrocities.

We can never move forward when we are always looking at the past.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

There is no doubt that black people have had to face remarkable adversity in the United States. However, I've had the great pleasure to have a good friend from Chad who does not understand this need for pride based upon skin color. He recognizes that he is black and I am white, but our mutual friendship is based upon accomplishment. He is not the only black friend I have, just the only one whose experience is not that of the African-American.

I love James Brown, and I love his "I'm Black and I'm Proud" song, and I understand it's intent, which I see less as a declaration of pride based upon color as much as it is defiance to those many white people who attempted to minimize his greatness. The great irony of James Brown and his music, is how many white people have embraced that soul. Indeed, it was not James Brown alone, there was his remarkable bass player; Bootsy Collin's who upon Brown's urging invented "The One" a bass style all his own. Was it the color of their skin that accomplished this? Some would argue so and take it is far as to argue that "white people can't dance" and that "white men can't jump", but both are demonstrably false.

I do not mean to diminish the clear inroads that have been made by American Black people in overcoming unfair perceptions about them, nor do I wish to pretend that these inroads have come anywhere near finally breaking down the barriers of skin color and simply bringing our nation towards one that reveres accomplishments of the individual and cares not what color of skin they wear. Even so, as long as people insist on claiming pride merely for the skin they possess, the divisions will remain. We should never forget our past, but our future relies upon what we do now.

I preach a sermon of pride, and in that sermon I assert that pride can not be gained without true accomplishment and upon accomplishment, pride is neither a sin nor is it a virtue, but merely the sensation of accomplishment. Black People have much to be proud of as a race in this country. The first indigenous music of the United States is the blues, and this was a great gift given all Americans by Black people. The adversity they have had to deal with and their genuine accomplishment of overcoming this adversity makes it understandable why "Black pride" is still important. I, like a great preacher before me, have a dream, and that dream is that one day we will let go of superficial realities such as skin color, and come to learn that as individuals we possess great power and those who use that power for the greater good of all humanity are heroes, not because of their skin color, but because of what they did.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

What do whites have to be proud of? How are whites different from other races? I'm white. Am I proud to be white? Never thought about it. I am proud of the things I have accomplished in my life, like getting bachelor's degree and having an awesome job. Being white means nothing. Working hard and achieving goals in your life is something to be proud of.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Great post. And really wow I have friends that are of other races ect. We all really do end up measuring our friends by things other than race.

It has been sad for me to see over the years the blacks in this country unable to break away from certain political ideas and race ideas. Blacks are ate up with race id problems. Of late I would say that they have been the main race protagonists in this country and should be rebuffed for it.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by eurotrash

What do whites have to be proud of? How are whites different from other races? I'm white. Am I proud to be white? Never thought about it. I am proud of the things I have accomplished in my life, like getting bachelor's degree and having an awesome job. Being white means nothing. Working hard and achieving goals in your life is something to be proud of.

You are quite correct. But never forget how you as a member of a race, the white race, are preceived in the current world of race politics.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
WHITE is not a race.

Second line.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

It's hard for me to understand why anyone would need to have pride in their race. Isn't that the very root of racism? I'm caucasain, I'm proud of
who I am. Being white has nothing to do with it.
Bottom line.

Please try to stand still when I'm talking to you.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by randyvs]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Raceisim is a perception, and using it is a tactic, those that live inside the bubble will fall for it.

Step outside your bubble and around the world white folks are the minority in 90% of the worlds communities and are the minority in the world.

How bout the average Caucasian couple only produces 1.3 children that is not enough to replenish your species so yes you are dieing out.
The other races around the world are somewhere near 3-5 children per couple.

That definitely sounds like white holocaust to me.

Point is calling a person a racist is a tactic, so they will prove to you how racist you are not, ever notice how people start saying im not a racist i have black friends and brown neighbors and on and on.

Ever call a person of color a racist? they start laughing, because it is impossible because they know the secret. They don't attempt to justify or prove they are not racist they might give you a little attitude too.

Its not about race its about conquest without war and racism as a tactical weapon.

You don't have to destroy your enemy if they are stupid enough to give there liberties and treasure away at the drop of the R word.
Hell its smart keep em alive and milk it for all its worth.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Iam proud of the achievements of the Anglo Saxon culture I was born into.
I can be white,Black, brown, and say this.
Those seeking to manipulate Anglo Saxons love th white supremacist groups, they do the work for them ie denegrating those who value their culture.
Visit another country say India or China or Israel they will never step back from their cultural pride.
So why do Anglo saxon descendants?
Because their decency is used against them, so the real proud races can emerge as masters in the westrn world......it is very simple.....but then again we have proved asAnglo saxons we are indeed SIMPLE.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I am very proud of my identity, very proud of my heritage, very proud of my traditions... I just happen to be white, but I could be any colour and it would make no difference.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Having pride in your personal heritage is not racist. I plan on learning more about my ancestors, things like their countries' histories, what daily life would have been like for them, the foods they ate.

I want to learn my personal cultural history and as I learn of their accomplishments, maybe I will feel some pride. When I learn of their atrocities, of which many cultures are guilty of, maybe I'll feel some shame. All I will really be looking for though is some resonance with where I've come from.

I do not, however, feel pride in being "White". I describe my appearance as White, but is my culture white? Are my morals or actions "white"? I don't feel they are, or that there is such a thing, so I couldn't possibly feel pride in it.

If you think that pride is about nationality, you're wrong. - some ugly poseur

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Everyone should have pride in their race without being racist.

All races should be equal.

Here in NZ, some races express arrogance over others and for once it is NOT the white race expressing arrogance over others.

Let me give you an example. You are driving your car and you have given way to pedestrians - most walk quickly, knowing you are waiting, but a lot of Maori dawdle and saunter, knowing full well you are there.

Walking down the street, if people are walking together they will usually move over - not some Maori. They will strut arrogantly along the street, using the whole street, so you have to wait in the gutter.

These are small examples, but a lot of Maori hate pakeha (whites) and it has become worse since Maori have won a lot of recognition of their prior claim and a lot of money.

In a way I don't blame them but I am sorry it has come to this.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Ive always been very proud of my race as a white person and never had any fear or problem expressing myself about these views. keep in mind that most my friends and the women i date are of various cultural origins outside of all the ethnicities that are white so its not like im coming from a kkk rally and saying this! i think the racism most people held and even those fools that hold white guilt are all just relics of the past. you should be proud of your background and your culture. most people that are here in america come from nationalities that created great empires, be it europeans, latins (spanish empire, portugese) chinese and indians. and we are all here teaming up to make the best nation so that is my take on it

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Of course white people don't deserve to have pride. They are born with pride. They don't have to prove it to someone else, because it is instilled in them. Don't let anyone take that away from you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join