It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do White people deserve to have pride in their race?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SFKNOLEG74

And don't let anyone take away someone else's pride in their race.

Arrogance does not only belong to white races.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I think white people are entitled to not have to feel ashamed just because they were born "caucasian". I think they are entitled to not have to wear guilt because of things that their ancestors did.

Furthermore, I think that white people who are not racist, and who do not discriminate against people of other colours or cultures, should not have to suffer slurs and other manifestations of the actions of other people who just happen to share their hue.

While affirmative action, and minority morale boosters like declarations of "Black History Month" etc., may have served a purpose in the past...that is exactly where these reverse racist activities need to be left.

I mean, after all, it won't be long before those of "white" European descent will be in the minority in the U.S. At that juncture, will affirmative action programs (etc., etc.) kick in to guard whites against possible discrimination from the new (and possibly vindictive) majority?

I have my doubts...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Any race responsible for the death of millions, buck wild fornication throughout history and the spread of deadly plagues can never hold their head high.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Better Mouse Trap]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

You are so right.

No-one can help in what race they are born, and children are born innocent.

What a shame that people persist in perverting the innocence of children.

People made a mistake, so they put that mistake on their children - this is child abuse because all children are born innocent of the machinations of this world.

But then people can't wait to corrupt them.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
James Brown song~ "I'm Black and I'm Proud"~

Can you imagine if a famous white singer did a song called ~I'm White and I'm Proud?"

Something to think about...

Yes but what was the social context? He did not write that song last week. At the time of writing the song America was a very different place.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Pride in one's race is racist, pointless, and stupid.

I am proud of my cultural identity... but any person of any racial background can be part of that.

I am not proud of my brown eyes or black hair so why be proud of my white skin? I may as well be proud of my ingrown toe nails.

Often white pride come from ignorant knuckle draggers who are simply looking at the whole "black pride" movement (something equally stupid) and grunting "why are they allowed to be proud of being black... i wanna be proud!! I am proud... hell yeah... white pride"

All you black/white people proud of being black/white... your racist... you should be proud of being human and should be able to look to anyone as role models regardless of skin colour!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

I think people have to take pride in THEMSELVES.

But I do not think it is wrong to take pride in your heritage.

If you take pride in your heritage, most people would be of mixed race.

So that does not involve skin colour.

I am of Scottish, Cornish and English blood.

What are you?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I am a white English Cockney... i am proud of my cultural identity... i am proud of being a cockney... love my culture... but also respect others... But like a said before, being proud of being white seems as pointless as being proud of my black hair (what’s left of it) or brown eyes.

I honestly do not see race... anyone of any colour can be an Englishman and Cockney (or any other nationality/culture)

It’s about what’s in your heart and how you carry yourself!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

You are so right - it is in your heart.

What can I say - you are so right.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Everyone should have pride in their race. The problem for some is that white racial pride has been hijacked by white supremacists like the KKK. Also no one should feel guilt over the being a particular skin colour. The problem is that many people seek to attribute guilt to those who have a different skin colour.

Pride is a complex but intangible thing. Pride is linked into identity. Most of us have several identities or facets thereof. If you only sourceof pride is racial well that seems a bit sad to me.

Black history month was a revolutionary attempt at counter propaganda against the dominant culture which was highly racist. It should to give solace, joy and inspiration to people who were consistently told that they were no good and were ever cursed by the xtian god. It is important to remember that this was a time when white history was tacitly celebrate every day on the media. Part of racism is the making of the so called minorities invisible as in having no history of note.

Is Black history month necessary today in our schools? IMHO no. It seems out of date to me but there is a whole industry that has built up behind it. For some every day is black history day. We do have better sources of information like the internet and things have changed.

Of course if people want to celebrate Black history month in their communities outside of school well that is fine.

I did not want my children “learning” Black history at school because I felt sure that they were going to be mis-educated. If you consider my constant grumble about people’s understanding of the cause and effects of the European slave trade you would get my drift.

Muckster you are so right.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
No Because we are the "white-devil" terrorists isn't that becoming obvious?
These people are really pushing it to the brink and they know it...

[edit on 27-5-2010 by NWOWILLFALL]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I'm white, but before being white, I am human. I am not proud of being white, because I don't think your skin color is something to be proud of. Why would I say that. If I said that, I would feel like I was comparing being white with being something else and that's the beginning of racism, right there.

We have to wake up and smell the cosmic rays. We live in a grain of sand. The universe is huge! If we still look at each other bickering about countries, races, and soccer teams, using those things to divide ourselves, we are taking a very minimal look at life.

It´s time we get a broader vision of life and see ourselves as Humans from Planet Earth, because there is a huge space out there waiting for us and we WILL find others on our journeys. And when we find them, we better start treating ourselves as brothers, as slices from the same cake.

I am proud of being alive. I am proud of being human. I am proud of my Planet. I just wish some of my fellow human brothers would STOP # UP THE WORLD for the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Could not have said it better myself. I think Black Pride was necessary when Blacks were being marginalized and looked down upon. It helps to bring yourself up to have pride in yourself when others think you are worthless. It is still necessary in some cases. I am from Mississippi and yes, racism is very much alive in certain places there.

I also agree with your comment about White pride. When I think about White pride, the first thing that pops in my head are the KKK and other White supremacist groups. We are groomed that way, I suppose.

But we should all have pride in ourselves and our cultures, but that pride doesn't mean that we have to look down on others.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abrihetx
reply to post by Tiger5

When I think about White pride, the first thing that pops in my head are the KKK and other White supremacist groups.

Then take it back off them!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm white, and I'm glad of my heritage and linage.

I'm proud of Celtic culture, religion, and endurance.

I know that way back in my linage, my people were slaves too.
I also know that in my linage from the time my family hit America, we never owned a slave. We lived as the poor in America's South, and heck, that's what I am still doing.

We might be po'white trash but words don't hurt us.
We have guns for the sticks and stones.

I have a wee bit of Indian blood on my mom's side a couple of generations back-Cherokee- and I'm proud of that too.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fizzy1

I haven't read through all the posts yet, so I don't know if this has been addressed, but white people have been subjected to slavery and oppression in the past. Every race on this earth has participated in or been a slave to another group of people. For example, during the trans atlantic slave trade, Africans were trading each other and the Portuguese, French, Engish and Spanish just took advantage of the already established system.
I'm sorry I didn't win the genetic lottery and was born white, but despite common beliefs, my people have also been subjected to slavery.
I'm half polish and the polish people are slavic. From what I read in history books, slav used to mean "glorious" but overtime it came to mean slave. It's where we get the word slave from.
Just because someone has ancestors who have been oppressed, it doesn't mean they get to declare they are better than everyone else. Everyone has ancestors who were once slaves or trampled upon.
Pride groups are practicing racism. Racism isn't declaring freedom, but oppressing others. If a group of people are going to be proud because they were born a certain color, then let them, but not out of pity. Other groups who want to do the same should also be allowed to be equal. If white people want a white pride group, then so be it. But to assume white people are declaring their superiority is wrong. They also want their voices heard among the other racist groups.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I wanted to answer this question, but I don't know what a white person is.

I never have thought to be proud of my color, but I used to be really proud of the fact I had the deepest tan in town,

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I believe that all people have a right to be proud of their race, its some of those in their race they may not be so proud of. There are good and bad in all races. We are humans before we are anything else.

Proud Native American and I love my white brothers and sisters. I do not ponder on the frictions of the past but prefer to think of today as this is the time in which I exist.

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
What the eyes see is translated by the brain,
the media has influenced every ones brain.
Now all the eyes see, is what the media has told our brains to see!

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

When someone uses the racism card, there are several motivations:
-to scam for special treatment.
-to blame others for their failures, therefore avoiding the realization that they are failed because of their own shortcomings.
-jealosy

Here's why I'm proud of my race, and why many like to claim racism:

We invented: The constitution, railroads, pavement, cars, airplanes, space travel, nuclear fission, physics, radio, television, the phone, modern medicine, pasteurization, the microwave, baseball, football, basketball, golf, tennis, hockey, x-ray, glass, silverware, architecture, skyscrappers, GPS, domestication of animals, fire, farming, banking, the computer, the printing press, sea-going vessels, chemistry, astronomy, the elevator, shoes, the microscope, the alphabet, mining, hot chicks, the beach boys, Rock and Roll, and booze.
To understand the true impact of the white male on this world, spend a week in Ziimbabwe or Afghanistan. In short, it ain't braggin' if you can back it up. So we say to the rest of you........Bite me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join