It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do White people deserve to have pride in their race?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

You can't make bets if you don't have at least two sides. They make the sides, then they take their bets. It is sad, and crushingly depressing, but we must strive onwards!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by depth om

Why is there a need to make bets? Who are they that make the sides? I`m sorry, i don't see what u are saying.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by earthdude

Well at least a Billion. How ever you want to define it. White is a skin color.
I can find White people in the Americas. Europe. Asia, Middle East, Even there are White people in Africa.

My skin resembles white people's skin but I do not want to be lumped in with them. There are no white people, just various shades of pride.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

You were speaking about the labels that separate, and in my opinion, these labels are manufactured and applied and the ensuing chaos is profited on.

Sort of like there's something that sustains itself on the division and animosity caused by labels. Something oversees all labeled peoples, pits them against each other, and since this thing created both sides, a bet against either one will prove profitable.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Pride says i am better than you. Is that helpful in life? Pride also says i am less than you. Pride is a form of fear that makes you a slave.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cap de Pepene

Feel free to point out the racist angle of my words in that post. Here they are again for your benefit.

"Absolutely. Oh, wait"

If due to some mistake you refer to the quote I wonder if it is lines such as

Its legacy is tangible, with terms like algebra, algorithm and alkali all being Arabic in origin and at the very heart of modern science - there would be no modern mathematics or physics without algebra, no computers without algorithms and no chemistry without alkalis.

Where's the hate there? Are you arguing that "terms like algebra, algorithm and alkali" are not Arabic in origin? Or do you argue that they are not "at the very heart of modern science". Or alternatively is your argument against the statement that "there would be no modern mathematics or physics without algebra, no computers without algorithms and no chemistry without alkalis."

I'm failing to see the racist statement that "X developed this and no-one else could have possible made such achievements. " If that's what you see I suggest you try reading from a more neutral position otherwise you run the gauntlet of such continued misinterpretation, although accidental of course, being interpreted as a preoccupation with 'race' which may lead to you being labelled by some as "viciously racist" and that would be unfair. Wouldn't it?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
There is no problem with White "Pride"...the problem is with White "Supremacy".

And the reason things like "Black History Month" were created was because black history was not covered AT ALL...so they gave them one month...and now some white people are somehow upset about.

There is nothing wrong with White "Pride"...but when you are race that holds most of the power...flaunting your "Pride" is a bit of a slap in the face to other races...I would guess that is why you don't see it much and it is looked upon as "bad" by some people.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by depth om

I agree, in the physical world a separation is created by bankers so war can happen, money lent, profit made.
However, this is only an outer picture, coming from the feeling of separation each person feels, in this dream of separation. Become aware of the conflicting sides inside yourself, do not place you bet on either of them, you will not profit. Just watch them.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Do White people deserve to have pride in their race?

Pride comes before a fall, and I have to wonder how many times people have to fall before they finally get it and get over this egotistical idea that they should admire an inflated sense of self in relation to their peers.

Take pride in something important I say, like the love and ways of a well balanced child not something as shallow as the blemished skin one might wear!

White, black, red, purple with pink dots, what counts is the mind under that skin not the packaging that wraps the vessel that carries the mind.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

To your history month post...

What about black history month?
Now, I love my friends but they all agree,
one race shouldn't get it's own month
when the world is full of so much diversity
and they've never been segregated or sold to slavery
why remind themselves of the negative past?
To hold one race higher than the other?
Do you still care about the color?

[edit on 7/26/10 by ohsnaptruth]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Isn't it time we, as an entire race of creatures, stopped worshiping our "space suits" and found something more worthwhile to focus on?

As a white person, I feel that my race has been responsible for more misery and genocide than any other, including the industrial revolution.

We're all just "smart monkeys"... too smart for our own good, in fact.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Of course I'm proud of what I am. I'm certainly not ashamed to be white, why should I?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I think it's really time to move away from these childish discussions about racial pride, etc. Fixating on race and other distractions is the root case of so much misery and pain in the world. Time to grow up, take off the blindfold, and see through skin colour, cultures, and so many other things which do not add up to squat when compared to what unites us.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Silenceisall]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Everyone deserves to be proud of who they are. It is just when some people get overzellis and try and piss people off when it becomes a problem...

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I don't want to turn this thread into a religious topic but pride is one of the seven deadly sins. It is the original sin.

Pride is the act of taking glory and not being thankful. It's an act of self-centeredness and total disrespect for others.

I think that people who are prideful have a sense of inferiority about them. They tend to be vain and arrogant to disguise their sense of inferiority.

In short, pride kills the human spirit. I'm thankful that I was born American. This is because I witness the chaos the rest of the world goes though and many Americans, of all races, don't realize that they are really blessed to live in a nation that is more secure and free than 90% of the world.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I am proud of my ancestors hard work, that is all. we all fail, and we all win.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The soul has no color or nationality.

Last time you could have driven a different vehicle. (Been a Brazilian tribal person, a grey or that little old lady from pasadena)

Get beyone your body is you. The real you is your soul and you have had many lifetimes, it's the shell that houses your inness.

fyi: Research "slavery", Start with Charles Fort's "Book of the Damned".

The Egyptians enslaved the Jews.
Vikings enslaved the Celts (and anybody else they came across)
Rome enslaved the people of the lands they conquerored as did the Mongolians.

At one time or another almost all people of all races have been enslaved.

Blacks are not the only people to have been enslaved.

My current heritage, were people that came from Scotland, Ireland, England, France and god knows where else.........and we through the 240 years I have researched were peasant farmers. My family had no slaves - they worked the land and paid heavy taxes to the English Kings.

And, to top it off, all of us, currently on this third rock from a little yellow dwarf star, just very well may be slaves and not even realize it.

I know at least from what I can see, we are all slaves to the bankers and large corporations.

If a person, any person, is kind and honest - then yes they should feel proud.

"A slave that does not know he is enslaved, will not rebel"

To him in whom love dwells, the whole world is but one family. ~Buddha

I have no sense of nationalism, only a cosmic consciousness of belonging to the human family. ~Rosika Schwimmer

I have some pictures of my ancestors, Catherine and Charles Monroe, Margaret and William Monroe. These pictures are from 1856 - late 1880's and show two couples, that came from Scotland and seattled for a time in Pennsylvania then Iowa.

Farmers. A picture is worth a thousand words, they looked clean, serious and very over worked. They also looked honest and kind.

Yes, I am proud that my genetics, while not being rocket scientists, were good hard working honest people that would never take advantage of someone.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Apologies probably already been said, but we are all of the same race. So my skin color is different from others , my rear end is bigger than others too, and my head is half bald while others have hair or are completely bald,.. big deal. Viva la difference!

Do I have pride in my race, sure do,... go humans!

[edit on 29-7-2010 by slane69]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I’m not a Nazi or a white supremacist, but I do observe many double standards when it comes to race.

Can you imagine having an organization called the “United White person College Fund”
? www.uncfsp.org...

And have we all forgotten the Civil War? www.civilwar.com...

Yes my ancestors may have owned slaves (I have no Idea), but they were just as likely to have died fighting to free the slaves.

I think slavery is a terrible practice, but no one ever seems to remember, Most African slaves were purchased from Black slave traders. seanbryson.com...

Its not like White folk went over and just rounded um up. Hell we probably couldn’t catch any of them. Generally speaking they can run real fast.

Why is it perfectly acceptable to say, “I like tall blonde Swedish women”

But not acceptable to say I dislike XYZ brand of person.

Dogs come in all different breeds... But we don't call them different races of dogs...
Humans come in all different races... But we don't call them different breeds of humans...

Why? That doesn't make any sense. Technically different races are other breeds of humans. It only makes sense!

I know stereotyping an entire race or breed as unlikable is not logical as well, however different races do have different traits to a degree.

I realize we are talking about human beings here, not animals, but consider this. Its perfectly fine for me to like German Shepard’s, And its ok to not like Dobermans.

Horse breeds are judged and graded, Dogs, Cats, Coy fish, trees, plants, etc. All are graded to some degree or another based on their many different attributes.

Don’t get me wrong, I have friends of Many, different, races, from all over the planet, and I do not treat any individual as inferior due to their skin color. Just wondering why there is so much taboo associated with calling things as they really are. “different”

To answer the Ops question, I sure hope so, but my signature explains it better.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Isnt it odd how talking about race in any fashion brings with it the air of racisim?
The hand offered when youre hanging off of a dark edged cliff has no color.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join