It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Mexico treats Illegal Aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This portion is taken from a Michelle Malkin column that ran last week. A column that she took a lot of heat for. Read this and compare it to the treatment of Illegals in the US. I read it twice because I couldn't believe it.

-- The Mexican government will bar foreigners if they upset "the equilibrium of the national demographics." How's that for racial and ethnic profiling?

-- If outsiders do not enhance the country's "economic or national interests" or are "not found to be physically or mentally healthy," they are not welcome. Neither are those who show "contempt against national sovereignty or security." They must not be economic burdens on society and must have clean criminal histories. Those seeking to obtain Mexican citizenship must show a birth certificate, provide a bank statement proving economic independence, pass an exam and prove they can provide their own health care.

-- Illegal entry into the country is equivalent to a felony punishable by two years' imprisonment. Document fraud is subject to fine and imprisonment; so is alien marriage fraud. Evading deportation is a serious crime; illegal re-entry after deportation is punishable by ten years' imprisonment. Foreigners may be kicked out of the country without due process and the endless bites at the litigation apple that illegal aliens are afforded in our country (see, for example, President Obama's illegal alien aunt -- a fugitive from deportation for eight years who is awaiting a second decision on her previously rejected asylum claim).

-- Law enforcement officials at all levels -- by national mandate -- must cooperate to enforce immigration laws, including illegal alien arrests and deportations. The Mexican military is also required to assist in immigration enforcement operations. Native-born Mexicans are empowered to make citizens' arrests of illegal aliens and turn them in to authorities.

-- Ready to show your papers? Mexico's National Catalog of Foreigners tracks all outside tourists and foreign nationals. A National Population Registry tracks and verifies the identity of every member of the population, who must carry a citizens' identity card. Visitors who do not possess proper documents and identification are subject to arrest as illegal aliens.

All of these provisions are enshrined in Mexico's Ley General de Población (General Law of the Population

Reality is a bitter pill!!!

There's been no public clamor for "comprehensive immigration reform" in Mexico, however, because pro-illegal alien speech by outsiders is prohibited. Consider: Open-borders protesters marched freely at the Capitol building in Arizona, comparing GOP Gov. Jan Brewer to Hitler, waving Mexican flags, advocating that demonstrators "Smash the State," and holding signs that proclaimed "No human is illegal" and "We have rights."

But under the Mexican constitution, such political speech by foreigners is banned. Noncitizens cannot "in any way participate in the political affairs of the country." In fact, a plethora of Mexican statutes enacted by its congress limit the participation of foreign nationals and companies in everything from investment, education, mining and civil aviation to electric energy and firearms. Foreigners have severely limited private property and employment rights (if any).

townhall.com...

That's why you never want to end up in a Mexican prison as a foreigner. Seems fair to me actually. Why are we missing the boat on this subject?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Michelle Malkin

Now that I see where you get your information from...it explains a LOT.

Again...this argument is pretty stupid. Are you suggesting we should look to Mexico for advice on our policies??? Or are you trying to display how harsh and corrupt Mexico's government is...and showing why people may want to run from that to something that is better???

But wow...Malkin huh?

+9 more 
posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Star and flag for you! Mexicans should put as much energy in fixing their own country. Why should the US allow something their own gov won't. After watching the May Day protests it is clear that the majority of protesters have no interest in becoming US Citizens. They want to claim the southwestern US States as part of Mexico. I can't believe some of the signs I saw on TV and the internet. Why do they expect things not even afforded to natural born US Citizens? THey should carry papers, we all have to carry our ID's with us. They should go to the back of the line and do it right! Get their vaccines, learn English, background check, and learn a profession.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Aren't we supposed to lead the way of freedom? (realities notwithstanding, at least a lot of us try)

I have to agree that we shouldn't be looking to Mexico for government policy. I mean really. I certainly hope we can do better. Not trying to dis Mexico. I actually really enjoy the nation when I've been there. But their government isn't exactly all there.

+14 more 
posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by jibeho

Michelle Malkin

Again...this argument is pretty stupid. Are you suggesting we should look to Mexico for advice on our policies??? Or are you trying to display how harsh and corrupt Mexico's government is...and showing why people may want to run from that to something that is better???

But wow...Malkin huh?

Are you refuting the facts? Michelle Malkin or Keith Olbermann, facts are facts. It does not matter. I did my best to keep her opinion out of it and I checked the facts on Mexican law regarding Illegals.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

No we shouldn't look to Mexico for our policies.... the protesters should look at Mexico to realize how good they have it even with this new law in effect.

+15 more 
posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

Michelle Malkin

But wow...Malkin huh?

Actually, the article is spot on. The points taken from the article about the Mexican government bvarring foreigners if they upset "the equilibrium of the national demographics" is taken right out of Mexico's General Law of Population, not from the Mexican Constitution.

Care to show us where Malkin is wrong?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I really didn't expect this many respones to this thread. See, here we have facts, kinda hard to play the race card in the face of that. I don't think there will be to many illegal apologists posting on here any time soon. I bet bunch of them looked in a vain hope, and then left before making asses of themselves a Star and flag for you.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Reconquista: Mexico's Fraudulent Land Claim

BLACKS RISE UP AND FIGHT THE ILLEGAL ALIEN INVASION!!

THE MEXICA MOVEMENT (Oh no its Beck. He does make some points)

[edit on 3-5-2010 by zzombie]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
If outsiders do not enhance the country's "economic or national interests" or are "not found to be physically or mentally healthy," they are not welcome.

why cant america adopt a similar policy. better then no policy.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
For those of you who think there is some sort of hypocrisy here, you must keep in mind that most of the illegal aliens coming here are not from Mexico. Most come from Central American countries like Guatamala, El Salvador, and Nicaragua. Many of you think that every illegal alien is "Mexican" just because they speak Spanish and have brown skin. There are other Spanish Speaking countries in the Western Hemisphere besides Mexico.

The anti-Immigrant crowd should be applauding Mexico for taking measures to keep out the same Central Americans it wants to keep out. If Mexico worked harder, those pesky Central Americans would not make their way up to the US.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
there's a big difference: mexico doesn't claim to be the land of the free. the us always come off hypocritical.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Michelle Malkin

But wow...Malkin huh?

Hey Outkast,

I too can't stand Malkin, she isn't too far from that insane man-thing known as Anne Coulter, but I'd be pretty hypocritical if I defended Mexican illegals against harsh treatment in the U.S., which I am adamantly against, and dismissed or ignored the horrible treatment of illegal aliens actually IN Mexico. It's pretty bad. They treat South and Central American illegals like animals escaped from a Zoo. No actually worse than that.

She didn't even go as deep as she could have.

The point here again isn't that we should follow Mexicos' cue, but that Mexico needs to...forgive my language...shut the friggin' hell up when complaining like a diva about the kid-glove treatment of illegals in the U.S., and they need to completely and utterly stay out of it. At least till they clean up just about every aspect of their sinking country that seems to be coming close to a post-apocalyptic war-zone you'd find in a Hollywood movie...minus the actual apocalypse.

Rape, robbery, arrests and murder of illegals?
That have no leg to stand on.

Admittedly, I'm a registered Independent that tends to lean Left come election time, but I can't selectively support Human rights if it SEEMS to push a Leftist agenda over a Right one.

Right now I agree with most of their reform ideas. At least with the knowledge that there will be modifications to come.

Mexico is the last place to chastise America over the treatment of its fleeing citizens.
If anyone else is curious about this have a read here and take a look at the photos:

BORDERLINE BIGOTS
Mexico Tells Immigrants: “No Way, José”

WORDS AND PHOTOS BY LUIS AGUILAR

Each year hundreds of thousands of optimistic South and Central Americans travel north to see whether things might be less crappy for them in the United States. The problem is they have to cross Mexico to get there. And Mexico is riddled with inhospitable local authorities and migrants who are as eager as they are possessive of the American passage. Both groups treat Southern transients the same way US authorities treat illegal Mexican aliens: like human refuse.

I wanted to witness and document just how bad things are for South and Central Americans, so I caught up with a group of Guatemalan chapines and Honduran catrachos in Chiapas, near Mexico’s southern border, as they made their way up to the States. It’s a prime spot to observe. In broad daylight you can witness legions prancing over the increasingly defined line that divides one country from another. Viceland.com

- Lee

EDIT: TYPOS..sheesh

[edit on 3-5-2010 by lee anoma]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

So now Mexico wants to follow suit?
This means what exactly about them?

- Lee

link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

You just answered your own question. Most Nicaraguans, El Salvadorans et al, never make it this far north because of Mexico's policies on illegal immigration... hence the reason that most protests against laws supporting the fight against illegal immigration typically have copious numbers of Mexican flags.

Whatever the OP's intent, I look at it as showing how leniant America's immigration policy really is by comparison... an immigration policy I might add that the Federal Government who enacted it won't even enforce; thus, you get what happened in AZ. Not an end game to be sure for reasons of nonsensical constitutional challenges, but a starting point by which all hispanic-vote seeking politicians who've ignored the problem to this point can no longer afford to.

link   
The facts are indeed the facts...Unless you live in a southern US border town, it's all a problem for someone else, at least Mexico is up front about it. We (The US) have danced around this issue far to long.

Too afraid that a policy might hurt someones feelings or hamper relations with our southern neighbors, but the reality is the border is wide open. And if it was my land being overrun I might say the govt. has failed, and any effort to draw attention to, and/or fix it through states means is better than watching the house burn.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
For those of you who think there is some sort of hypocrisy here, you must keep in mind that most of the illegal aliens coming here are not from Mexico. Most come from Central American countries like Guatamala, El Salvador, and Nicaragua. Many of you think that every illegal alien is "Mexican" just because they speak Spanish and have brown skin. There are other Spanish Speaking countries in the Western Hemisphere besides Mexico.

True.

People in Central and South America speak either Spanish or Portuguese primarily (most people don't know the Portuguese part) but yeah they come here via Mexico too.

The point made here is how they are treated in Mexico before or IF they make it here, and that Mexico cannot bash the U.S. for its treatment of illegals without drawing light to their own.

- Lee

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
With some of the wiser people in the States turning the camera around on Mexico after its condemnation of the States and its newly adopted laws on illegal immigration, I think they are at least owning up to their own hypocrisy.

Even if it was forced.

Mexico acknowledges migrant abuse, pledges changes

MEXICO CITY – Amnesty International called the abuse of migrants in Mexico a major human rights crisis Wednesday, and accused some officials of turning a blind eye or even participating in the kidnapping, rape and murder of migrants.

The group's report comes at a sensitive time for Mexico, which is protesting the passage of a law in Arizona that criminalizes undocumented migrants.

The Interior Department acknowledged in a statement that the mainly Central American migrants who pass through Mexico on their way to the United States suffer abuses, but attributed the problem to criminal gangs branching out into kidnapping and extortion of migrants.

Rupert Knox, Amnesty's Mexico researcher, said in the report that the failure by authorities to tackle abuses against migrants has made their trip through Mexico one of the most dangerous in the world.

"Migrants in Mexico are facing a major human rights crisis leaving them with virtually no access to justice, fearing reprisals and deportation if they complain of abuses," Knox said.

Central American migrants are frequently pulled off trains, kidnapped en masse, held at gang hideouts and forced to call relatives in the U.S. to pay off the kidnappers. Such kidnappings affect thousands of migrants each year in Mexico, the report says.

Yahoo.news.com

I hope they make good on this.

- Lee

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I would like to point out that Mexico has never been renown for being a nation of immigrants, not like us at least. If one actually looks at the social structure of Mexico's immigrant population, the majority of those who are admitted legally are of european decent. Besides, we're not Mexico so their laws and rules do not apply to us, nor should they have any impact on our views on immigration or our immigration policy. Just my 2 cents...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
First off, Malkin, unlike some here, has a career in this type of reporting. So, yea, Ill be one of those nuts too that takes her at her word and Il ldo some reading on it.

To dismiss someone like some do is just showing their lack of openness.

I dont care for her at all one bit. Her book 'A Case For Internment' was just down right disgusting, and shes basically a nut. But, instead of laughing and mocking others, Ill read her work, and that of her oppisites on the left.

You know... To get all sides...

Mexicans here should be really happy we dont bust their balls like this.

Hey, can I make a citizens arrest in Jersey of an illegal? I know where a bunch hang out and dont mind one bit locking some criminals up... Anyone know?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join