It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Mexico treats Illegal Aliens

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I'll literally call you an idiot if you believe what you are reading in that article, hence it is not just illegal Aliens who are being treated that way, but everyone in mexico..

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You are just not making any sense at all.

Your saying Mexico needs to get it's act together because your friends we advised to stay close to the resort?

See that's the thing americans can still have a good time in Mexico despite all the deaths. That's because there is war between cartels and government. Tourists are not the target.

I'd like to see your friends go take a vacation in Chicago and walk around the projects for a while to see how long they would last.

You flapping your trap about Mexico is no different than Calderon (that piece of Crap) flapping his mouth about the USA.

Do me a favor and stop involving yourself in a sovereign countries affairs. Build your wall enforce your useless laws and mind your own business.

If it makes you feel better adopt Mexico's immigration laws, but remember please come to Mexico and spend your money.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by jibeho

I'll literally call you an idiot if you believe what you are reading in that article, hence it is not just illegal Aliens who are being treated that way, but everyone in mexico..

I'll literally call YOU and idota if you keep talking like you actually know something.

I live in Rosarito Mexico and it's the best place I have ever lived, the sun the beach and the beautiful women.

You could not beat me to get me to live like a Dog in the USA.Not twice at least.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

And my I ask what is so wrong with la mordida?

Would you rather just pay the outrageous fines that you would with out the ability to bribe?

Every Mexican that is against Bribery usually never realises just how many times they have bribed to go on with their day. They think the police is hurting them instead of doing them a favored.

La mordida is freedom son, don't let them fool you into doing away with your freedoms.

Like I said Mexicans are stupid.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

This is just proof that Mexico doesn't care about racism towards its citizens but the money they keep sending home to line their own pockets with. Our economy is being stolen and we are hesitant, yet if for some strange reason I wanted to go to the waste facility of a country Mexico is to make money to feed my family and decided I wanted to be proud of my country I would be deported, not including waving flags of America and wanting to only speak English in a Spanish speaking county that I would probably be killed for.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You are soooo missing the point.... mexicans want to come here, not the other way around. so it's a moot point.

-rrr

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith

And my I ask what is so wrong with la mordida?

Would you rather just pay the outrageous fines that you would with out the ability to bribe?

Every Mexican that is against Bribery usually never realises just how many times they have bribed to go on with their day. They think the police is hurting them instead of doing them a favored.

La mordida is freedom son, don't let them fool you into doing away with your freedoms.

Like I said Mexicans are stupid.

Well taking into account that the topic of the OP is "how Mexico treats illegals" and one of the things they (anti-immigrants) love to point out is the corrupt police in mexico. If you catch the jist of my post you will see that I kinda hint at it not really being a big deal (LEO's pension fund) to most mexicans but that if it makes them feel better then they should know that the government is working at cutting down on this type of activity.

Whether someone is for it or against it is their opinion. I just stated the facts.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You're right, the facts are the facts, regardless of who the quote comes from, provided that the quotes correctly portray the actual facts.

What difference does it make how Mexico treats their immigrants? Is it our goal to become like Mexico? I thought that this was the U.S.A. and I was not aware that we strive to be more like Mexico.

Michelle Malkin would also profess to deport all babies born to illegals despite the fact that they are natural born citizens, by definition. I think the term for these children is "Anchor Babies" in that their parents use them as a stepping stone to become legal themselves, or at least as an avenue to stay in the U.S..

It is my understanding that Michelle Malkin is in fact a child born in the U.S. of illegal immigrants. I think that makes her an "Anchor Baby" herself. I heard one of the MSM news pundits make this statement last week. Now if that's not the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

S&F.

~~~~~

Malkin just points out the facts. For all of you that would like to ignore
the truth of the matter; this from the Washington Times.

Mexico's illegals laws are tougher than Arizona's.

Washington Times
Mexican President Felipe Calderon denounced as “racial discrimination” an Arizona law giving state and local police the authority to arrest suspected illegal immigrants and vowed to use all means at his disposal to defend Mexican nationals against a law he called a “violation of human rights.”

www.washingtontimes.com...

But the legislation, signed April 23 by Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer, is similar to Reglamento de la Ley General de Poblacion — the General Law on Population enacted in Mexico in April 2000, which mandates that federal, local and municipal police cooperate with federal immigration authorities in that country in the arrests of illegal immigrants.

Under the Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony, punishable by up to two years in prison. Immigrants who are deported and attempt to re-enter can be imprisoned for 10 years. Visa violators can be sentenced to six-year terms. Mexicans who help illegal immigrants are considered criminals.

The law also says Mexico can deport foreigners who are deemed detrimental to “economic or national interests,” violate Mexican law, are not “physically or mentally healthy” or lack the “necessary funds for their sustenance” and for their dependents.

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

www.bakerinstitute.org...

Page 25
States since 2008 being illegal in mexico is no longer a crime.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

That document is just a research paper. If anything, it serves to prove that Illegals in the U.S. comprise a frightening number of criminals, convicted, and many in the prison system.

However, I found no reference as you state, that Mexico has no laws on Illegals.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by burntheships]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

That document is just a research paper. If anything, it serves to prove that Illegals in the U.S. comprise a frightening number of criminals, convicted, and many in the prison system.

However, I found no reference as you state, that Mexico has no laws on Illegals.

Didn't state that Mexico has no laws on illegals just that the law that made being an illegal in mexico a felony has been changed.

On page 25 under Policy Initiatives it states

The Mexican legistlature has proposed and passed a law that decriminilizes illegal immigration, and simply fines and releases the perpetrator.

As I have said this is the only thing in english that I can find. Here is a news site with the info in spanish

Eliminan cárcel para los inmigrantes indocumentados

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Checking with that actual laws on record, here is a link to
Immigration law in Mexico.
from Wikipedia.

In October 2008, Mexico tightened its immigration rules

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr
reply to post by jibeho

You are soooo missing the point.... mexicans want to come here, not the other way around. so it's a moot point.

-rrr

For the twentieth time it is an ironic COMPARISON. Should I spell it out again.
Mexicans and the Mexican president are up in arms regarding Arizona ( The State not the Tea) policy. So, let's compare US policy (unenforced until now) to the strict policy of Mexico shall we.
Turn your workbook to page 2 (that comes after 1) for the next lesson... I think your post is moot.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Tightening it's rules does not mean that the decriminalization did not occur.

The links I posted show that the laws have been repealed. Here is the on line version of the law (again in spanish)

LEY GENERAL DE POBLACIÓN

Page 18 and 19 show that indeed
Chapter 8
Sanctions
Articles 119-124 as having been repealed
Articles 125-127 talk about deportation, amount of time the deportee shall not be allowed back into the country and the fine.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I find it misleading that you use the term "decriminilzation". Perhaps your not doing that on purpose? Either way, it does not appear that section 199-124 abrogated all criminal penalties, it only reduced it to a misemeanor. It is still against the law.

An excerpt from an Associated Press story:

MEXICO CITY (AP) - Migrant rights activists applauded a vote by Mexico's Congress to remove long-standing criminal penalties for undocumented migrants found in the country.

The measure passed unanimously in the lower house on Tuesday, a day after Senate approval. President Felipe Calderon's office declined to say whether he would sign the popular measure into law.

Mexican lawmakers saw the harsh penalties as an anachronism, and some noted Mexico also owes migrants better treatment.

Immigrants here, mostly Central Americans trying to reach the U.S., are often robbed, mistreated and subject to extortion by bandits and even police.

``It is very positive that they have removed the criminal penalties from the current law,'' said Karina Arias, the spokeswoman for Sin Fronteras, a Mexican group that promotes rights for migrants in Mexico. ``It is a big step forward.''

Current law lays out punishments of 1½ to 6 years, while the new measure makes undocumented immigration a minor offense punishable by fines equivalent to about US$475 (euro300) to US$2,400 (euro1,535).
blogs.chron.com...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
This portion is taken from a Michelle Malkin column that ran last week. A column that she took a lot of heat for. Read this and compare it to the treatment of Illegals in the US.

Michelle Malkin is the one benefit I could see in denying citizenship to children who are born in the US to foreign parents. Her parents came here on her father's temporary "work visa" and she was born shortly thereafter.

Eliminating the "jackpot baby" provision in US citizenship law (and making it retroactive) would result in her citizenship being revoked. Unfortunately, this would also affect people who make a positive contribution to society, so doing it merely to spite a spiteful, hateful human being isn't a good enough reason.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

In regards the the term "decriminalization" I believe that there are two schools of thought. One says breaking any law is a crime and the other says that there are different classifications.

Infraction: Punishable by a fine with no imprisonment. Would include traffic violations, violations on building codes and illegal immigration to both the US and Mexico.

Misdemeanor: Punishable by a fine and/or imprisonment up to 1 year. Include disorderly conduct, petty theft and prostitution.

Felony: Punishable by a fine and/or over 1 year imprisonment. Murder, rape.

The first say these are all crimes and therefore illegals in the US are criminals. Others believe Misdemeanors and felonies are crimes while infractions are not criminal and therefore illegals in the US and mexico are not criminals.

I have read another heated debate as to whether illegals are criminals or not just by virtue of being illegal. I'd rather not go there because it really is just a matter of semantics.

As for the topic of the OP lets look at "how Mexicans treat illegals" one of the things pointed out was (refering to Mexico),

"Illegal entry into the country is equivalent to a felony punishable by two years' imprisonment."

And this is simply no longer true.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by daskakik]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Depends where you live, how much money you have blablabla it is the same everywhere, with all nationalities.. A black man has the same right as a white man if he has that much money..

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join