It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Mexico treats Illegal Aliens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by jibeho

I see...so the good ol' US of A should shred it's morals and reason in favor of a archaic immigration policy of a place like MEXICO?

Alrighty then.

Apparently, you don't see the irony of Mexicans and the Mexican Government protesting US policy and the fact that Arizona is finally enforcing the law. A law which is lenient by comparison to Mexico.

According to your logic, we should apparently be protesting Mexico's archaic immigration policy.

I suppose its amoral to protect the rights of legal US citizens? Is it amoral to protect innocent people from violent illegals?

edit for punctuation.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by jibeho]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This is pretty simple and I don't understand why some people think they are above the law. As AMERICANS if we BREAK THE LAW we pay a price... as illegal aliens these people are also breaking the law. Why is it there is not any consequences. Why do we have to abide by the law and they don't? If they want to live in America, then they ARE NOT above any law. There is no reason why anybody should not have to produce a valid ID when asked.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

VIVA MEXICO!!!!!!!

The best place on Earth.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Yeah ! And North Korea doesn't allow independant journalism. So maybe we should do like North Korea does ! And in China they have a one child policy ! Maybe we should make sure that any chinese citizens in the US only have one kid, just to show'em ! And in Afghanistan, women get stned to death for not wearing the veil. Let's do the same to any afghani residents in the US, that'll teach 'em ! Hey, and in the middle east, you can get abducted by islamist extremists ! Let's do the same to muslims who come to the US.

Lame.

This kind of reasoning has led to the US allowing the torture of suspected terrorists. They do it. So let's do it too. You're supposed to set an example, for heaven's sake...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Lovely video produced to attract tourists. Mexico is certainly a beautiful country. Perhaps Calderon should watch the video himself to remind him which country he is actually the president of.

I just had a couple of friends return from a vacation in Acapulco. They had a great time at Las Brisas. However, they were advised to stay close to the resort given the very recent,13 bloody and violent deaths that recently occurred in Acapulco. Those distinctive white and pink resort jeeps are certainly an invitation to opportunists and that Guerrero state is one of the most violent in the entire country.

Hey but your video is nice....

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yes dear.

But is the Mexican way right? EhticAL ? oR HUMANE?

The above are significant questions.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

What kind of an example does it set when we allow criminals to cross our borders at will? What kind of an example does it set when we do not enforce our own LAX AND HUMANE immigration laws? We are nearly the only country on earth that does not protect it's borders. What kind of an example does that set?

What kind of an example does it set when we refuse to prosecute racists because they will scream that the special brown color of their skin exempts them from prosecution?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It shows that although your country is FAR from perfect, at least it can act mercifully and serve as a refuge for people fleeing extreme poverty (which, in many cases, is generated by US policies, or US based power hungry corporations, aided by the complict IMF and World Bank).

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I've been to Mexico and if I was a Mexican I'd want to immigrate to the U.S. too. Comparing their policies to ours doesn't hold water for an argument. If so, it would call for us going to the lowest common denominator for our policies, because we have immigrants from a Lot of different countries, and PRECI
CELY the reason they immigrate is for freedom, jobs, and a better future.

I'm not for illegal immigration but I'm not for sending the Mexicans back to Mexico, either. Call me a bleeding heart if you will. Unless you are an American Indian, Your ancestors migrated here from somewhere too.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Don't believe the hype.

First of Mexico decriminalized illegal immigration 2 years ago so it is no longer equivalent to a felony.

Some points are the same as the US. You have to show you have something to offer the US in order to be granted a work permit. Which is the reason the uneducated seek the illegal route.

You have to show bank statements and/or post a bond to prove that you have economical independence to visit the US as a tourist.

Mexico does not track all entries and exits. They do have illegal immigrants in their country.

As to the other points brought up they are things that the US should implement. National ID, Law enforment participation on all levels maybe even citizens arrest but there are US citizens who would be against some or all of this.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
While something needs to be done regarding illegal immigration, I fear this law will only lead to civil rights violations and lawsuits. For instance there are large native american reservations throughout the southwest states, especially Arizona. No doubt due to their resemblence to latinos they will be misidentified and harrassed. Hell my wife is Navajo and latinos come up to her all the time asking if she speaks spanish.

Another thought is what happens if all the border states pass these laws? I will tell you, all the immigrants will flee to the Midwest or any other states which do not have such a law. Just passing the buck.

INS will just have to step it up. Or perhaps tackle this via the UN, agree that all countries of origin must pay fines and deportation costs for each illegal returned.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
reply to post by g146541

peace

Wow that was an awesome comparison!
In the immortal words of Eric Cartman "Screw you guys i'm going to Canada."

Yea I am sure those Canadians want more Americans just like you. The ones that run from problems instead of fixing them. yada yada yada yeah yeah.

Problem is i'm here in the US have always been. it's where i plan on dying too. Whether it be old age or other. Cuz even with as crappy as this old @&#$% is she's my $#@&%.
You don't watch south Park i take it or my blatant sarcasm rushed past you. sorry for that, i try to hit people between the eyes. However years have made my hands unsteady.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I think the point is that instead of criticizing the U.S., maybe Mexico should clear up its own laws, and open up its borders to U.S. immigrants. Even if you start your own business in Mexico, if you are a U.S. citizen, you can not work in your own business, and from what I understand, Mexico enforces this law very stringently.

People who claim that the U.S. is responsible for poverty in Mexico, and i all of Latin America for that matter, are completely ignorant of the realities. Mexico is poor because it is ruled by an oligarchy of wealthy families who control everything in Mexico. These countries are politically rotten from within, and have been since the days of the Spanish conquistadors.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Of course the one advantage of the Mexican system is that you can bribe your way out of almost any charge.

Or at least that's how it works when they pull you over for doing 35 in a 40 zone.........

That country is so corrupt it's truly unbelievable.

PS - The going rate is $100 cash, if you don't have it on you, they detain you for roughly 3 hours as punishment.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Of course the one advantage of the Mexican system is that you can bribe your way out of almost any charge.

Or at least that's how it works when they pull you over for doing 35 in a 40 zone.........

That country is so corrupt it's truly unbelievable.

PS - The going rate is $100 cash, if you don't have it on you, they detain you for roughly 3 hours as punishment.

You have a very good point but this kinda deflates the OP cause if corruption is this well ingrained a nice bribe would get all those tough immigration laws overlooked.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
what an awe full OP.

In migration is not about races is about people wanting to have better opportunities and better life.

Actually the term Alien is so badly used. If someone from a first world country goes to work to a 2nd or 3er world country is called : Expat (expatriate) if a someone from a 2nd or 3er world country goes to work to a 1st world country is called Alien or In migrant.

I Hate racism. Wake up humans we are one race!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
reply to post by jibeho

VIVA MEXICO!!!!!!!

The best place on Earth.

Amazing Vid!!

Thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Those seem like pretty fair laws to me. Ideally, a society without borders is my dream - and that does not mean a global dictatorship, by the way, Mr Rothschild! - but in today's reality, illegal aliens are one thing, and one thing only; a problem. They are "illegal" for a reason, and should be dealt with as such.

Sure, they may have a reason to leave their home country - but make no mistake about it - they know very well that they're in the receiving country - in this case the US - illegally. That's their choice to have made, and as such, they have to pay the consequences if they're found and caught.

It's a risk they're apparently willing to take, and so there is absolutely no reason NOT to deal with them harshly, because they know in advance that's the consequences of their actions, if they are captured.

Enter another country illegally if you want to - but don't whine about it when you have to pay the price. As the good ol' Tony Baretta once said; "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time".

So next time, illegal Mexican immigrants - unless you're prepared to pay the price for entering the US illegally and thereby committing a crime - try heading South instead. If you're lucky, you might come across a country that have laws befitting of your own personal standards.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The way Mexico treats it's illegals has nothing to do with how we treat ours. Just because they might be worse, doesn't mean we should accept anything that isn't as bad as they. This argument isn't a very logical one.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Even beyond the how aliens are treated, lets look at how foreign nationals are treated when there legally.

What rights do foreign nationals have for property ownership, or working?

I think it definitely warrants the questions of parity for how each side treats each side.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join