It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Mexico treats Illegal Aliens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
there's a big difference: mexico doesn't claim to be the land of the free. the us always come off hypocritical.

Its the land of the free for those who live here.
Its not the land to be freely pillaged by those who don`t operate within the same rules as though who designed and maintained this free country.

By the way this land of the free has done a lot to make a lot of other lands free.
But instead of working on improving your own environment/society sometimes it is easier to run away and find a place where you can use the people who are better off then yourself.

I am so sick of the crap coming out of people`s mouths in regards to good people being demonized for standing up for what is right. The illegals are in the wrong and I personally don`t give two flying farts if they are Mexican or Irish, because they need to stop twisting this around as to the fact of what this is about.

We have borders for reasons and our asses in DC can`t seem to enforce that notion yet, however we have immigration policies for reasons, very good reasons and if outsiders don`t like it, we are in no way obligated to give a ^%*k. Just like we are not obligated to do 100% of the good deeds we as a nation have done for so many people of so many lands, from liberation to funds we donate in times of great tragedy.

This is America and I was lucky to be born here since my Dad`s parents and my Mom`s great grandparents immigrated here legally many decades ago. This nation is what it is because of the people who have built it. If you want in, we have a legal process. It has to be this way to maintain some sort of order, stability and over all civility.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So what?

No-one beside criminals and surfer want to set up in Mexico anyway. Its funny how countries with a high corruption and poor history of treating people seem to be the ones who want to impose such restriction. Mexico, USA etc. It seems to me that Mexicans are more likely to be border jumping than their US neighbours. And as far as anyone going to mexico expected not to be a burden on their health care system....well unless im after a back alley face transplant my health care needs are fully taken care of right where i am...and thats NOT mexico.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I agree! The reason everyone in the world wants to come to this country is because it is the greatest in the world. Why should we lower ourselves to the standards and prejudices of others!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by C11H17N2NaO2S

My premiums just jumped up another $40.00! The health care bill that just passed certainly does not help me and my family one bit! By the way Mexico and Canada have a superior health care system than the US!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Sounds like we need to take a page from Mexico's Gov for once..

We need a representative in Congress to Cop/Paste their immigration laws and get them to pass it.. then put the illegals on a train/plane/boat and deliver them to their respective countries.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

Personally, I think we should show more leniency (not to the point of looking the other way if they are here illegally, but greater leeway in visas/ sanctuary) toward countries where the CIA/ US has meddled & created chaos in their countries. That is not the case with Mexico (quite the opposite).
Your points are valid ones, Legion.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Rather than use their laws (meskins) we should put United States citizens to work and build a "Great Wall of America".
Then we could put border patrol to work on the walltop with some high tech weponry.
Seriously though, why havent we built a damn wall?
It is not hard and would be so beneficial.
And if you say they would come in boats or planes, that is where we would use the Air Force and Coast Guard.
Pretty simple, no?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I see...so the good ol' US of A should shred it's morals and reason in favor of a archaic immigration policy of a place like MEXICO?

Alrighty then.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
Aren't we supposed to lead the way of freedom? (realities notwithstanding, at least a lot of us try)

I have to agree that we shouldn't be looking to Mexico for government policy. I mean really. I certainly hope we can do better. Not trying to dis Mexico. I actually really enjoy the nation when I've been there. But their government isn't exactly all there.

I hope you're not implying be default that the US or any government is "all there." I think it has been proven time and time again, governments elect knobs, do-nothing, know-nothing knobs that couldn't find their own collective ass if they were sitting on both hands. The Mexican illegal alien issue may be stern and possibly draconian to some extent, but the US is so lax, that it just isn't there.

Cheers - Dave

[edit on 5/4.2010 by bobs_uruncle]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Some of you don't seem to be getting it.

First, the law is being misrepresented even though it is not hard to comprehend.

Second, the Mexican Government has officially chimed in to criticize us as racist for wanting to control our borders.

Third the Mexican Government that is criticizing us had some brutal laws. 2 years first time crossing without documents. 10 years for a second offense. In both cases a felony. You get sick, you are immediately deported or ordered out of the country.

A quick, true story here that applies.

A friend called me one day, I was living in the L.A. area. He wanted me to ride with him to the hospital to pick up a friend of his, an old school buddy.

We picked him up at the hospital door and took him to his VW Van (old one with a camper inside). When we got to his house he told us about getting sick in Mexico.

He had gotten all the paperwork he needed to travel in Mexico for 90 days planning on an adventure seeing Mexico. A month into the trip while in the southern part of Mexico he got sick. Really sick.

He went to a local MD and was diagnosed with Hepatitis. The type you get from dirty dishes and filth. Instead of taking him to a hospital the MD called the local police. They arrested him and put him in a cell overnight. To keep him away from other people they put him in a what he said was a pit in the ground with bars on the top in the open air. It was some kind of solitary confinement or punishment cell.

The next day they got him out of the pit and took him to his van. They took his papers and gave him new ones. They ordered him to be out of Mexico in three days and sent him on his way.

He had to drive sick for three days nonstop to make the border on time. When he got to the US they took him to the hospital where he almost died.

I have the utmost compassion for the people of Mexico but it is up to them to fix their country instead of running away. Mexico has lots of resources and should be wealthy on its own. It most certainly is ridiculous that the Mexican Government has the media criticizing us.

One thing for sure is that this is political and no common sense is in play. This is about Hispanic votes regardless of the price we pay.

When is the last time you heard of the US taking a legal visitors papers away and throwing them out based on laws for Illegals as was done to the gentleman I met? When was the last time you saw an Illegal do 2 to 10 years in a third world prison for crossing our border?

I'm all for letting the workers in and a fast track to do it, including way more visa's. I'm cool with that. But if you let the Illegals come in so easily, how do you keep the bad guys out? You don't.

Both Bush and Obama caused this mess because they wanted Hispanic votes. Not a doubt in my mind they don't give a damn.

Also, the people of Arizona approve in overwhelming numbers with the new law and its purpose. They are being lied about by people so sick they want to deny the citizens of Arizona the right to pass their own laws. How do you get any sicker with Political Madness than that. You don't. Nobody is being fooled and nobody is impressed with the liars from either side.

I confess a bias as my Sister In-Law was slaughtered by an Illegal in a Sanctuary City that had been arrested many times and not deported.

How about you all who are lying about the law, including the bought and sold media, just debate with the truth? We might get somewhere and help the innocent people at the same time. Naw, lying is so much easier for you is it not?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Well this is all true. Although I'm pretty sure of your motives and don't really approve. But ya, this is pretty true. I've done a lot of research into this topic for years because I find it pretty appalling. I thought a nation such as Mexico, who heavily exports their citizens to other countries would be more sympathetic towards those searching for a better life. Most immigrants coming into Mexico are only looking to make their way further up north to the US anyway but they face harsh treatment before they get here, IF they even make it here.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Here's a little food for thought to go along with your thread.
I wish I could post where this came from but I lost the info - it was a forward in an email and the original source was not included.

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THEVENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S.BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET

1 - A JOB,
2 - A DRIVERS LICENSE,
3 - SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
4 - WELFARE,
5 - FOOD STAMPS,
6 - CREDIT CARDS,
7 - SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
8 - FREE EDUCATION,
9 - FREE HEALTH CARE,
10 - A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON
11 - BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE
12 - AND THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION...

peace

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Such a disparity in laws is just the sort of thing to really stir up the hornets nest and fire the flames of the anti-illegal set; which is perhaps the whole purpose of Mexico's harsh immigration laws and the whole illegal alien controversy in the US - To divide and conquer the proletariat working class. After all, I would say nearly all of the members on either side of this issue are hard working people whose labor is benefiting their capitalist employers. It's not as though we are seeing a lot of banksters and Gordon Gekko type characters making a mad dash across the Rio Grande into the US.

While I'm far from in complete agreement with Karl Marx, his advice for the workers of the world uniting is probably the best thing the workers of the world could do for themselves. On the other hand, bickering amongst themselves over proper documentation and legality of each others immigration status in any country is probably the worst thing the workers of the world can do for themselves in any effort to leverage their overwhelming majority status to direct the socioeconomic system in their favor.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by jibeho

Here's a little food for thought to go along with your thread.
I wish I could post where this came from but I lost the info - it was a forward in an email and the original source was not included.

yada yada bad stuff
yada yada yada yada good stuff

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION...

peace

Wow that was an awesome comparison!
In the immortal words of Eric Cartman "Screw you guys i'm going to Canada."

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This is coming from a Hispanic whose parents are immigrants are Mexican:
I do agree, the path to U.S. citizenship and even just legal status is too long and arduous for people seeking an immediate change in their living situation. Non-criminals who try and cross the US border take the risk only after much deliberation; they feel forced to leave. Most Mexicans would agree and do express the fact that for a country with so much wealth and resources, it continues to suffer; the middle class is almost non-existent. Unlike this country, most do not feel that they have a voice to address their grievances with, and for the most part, they don't. It is a long road to revolution for them. I will address the point that while many central and South Americans do cross our borders illegally, the vast majority are Mexicans. I understand that some of my family members are illegal immigrants and can deported, that is the risk they took when they did come illegally. I am sympathetic to them, but I am also sympathetic to those who are here legally and get a bad reputation. I am sympathetic to the needs of a country whose people actually have a fighting chance. Quite simply, the borders are too open, some drastic measures need to be taken to enforce the law (arizona). Criminals should be tracked and kicked out. There should be a period of increased pressure on illegal immigrants while the borders are politically and physically secure.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Our country treats illegal immigrants similarly. The border is well protected using modern technology like sensors, radars, thermal cameras. When an illegal immigrant manages to cross the border, and that does not happen often, he is always caught soon and sent to a concentration camp for illegals (dont worry, this one is harmless..). There he recieves medical, legal and social help and can apply for an asylum, altough illegals are almost never accepted. Then he is deported back.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
How about: I dont care how they treat their illegals.
My neighbor kills kids, and rapes puppies. Should I because he does?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Don't confuse the anti-law abider forces with the FACTS, their minds are already made up.

AZ really blind side The Powers That Be with this one. When other states jump on the band wagon TPTB's plan to dilute national pride is finished, even McCain doesn't know which way to paddle.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

peace

Wow that was an awesome comparison!
In the immortal words of Eric Cartman "Screw you guys i'm going to Canada."

Yea I am sure those Canadians want more Americans just like you. The ones that run from problems instead of fixing them. I for one hope they take you in with open arms. If everyone that thinks like you in America would move to Canada tomorrow, our problems would be solved overnight.

On another note, we need immigration reform badly, you can't expect a poor mexican to pay thousands to pass the tests now can you? At the same time we need to close down the border and end the drug war. Just like that, problem is solved.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Illegal Aliens? Hell, look at how New Mexico treats regular Aliens. They shoot them down over some ranch, then cover it up and pretend it never happened!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join