It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
"-Wayne Herschel- Now reading she is "taken care of" still has me concerned.

Secondly she is writing in a way I dont recognise as her normal style.

For now since she has not answered all the questions about what is going on I still have doubts on here status. But give her the benefit of the doubt and will wait until my open minded astronomer friends have expressed their opinions."
17 minutes ago

The latest from the FB page

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
"Dr. Judy Faltskog ("Radio Astronomer working on government based projects in Europe, South America and the USA....")"
setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu...

She's rumored to work for the government. You cannot access the her info without membership. I have to agree it's worth keeping tabs.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Sorry for the the 1 liner but I found this seconds after I posted.
**Host Name: Redneck Radioman
Show Name: Extraterrestrial Contact And Abduction Network With Judy Faltskog

www.blogtalkradio.com...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
How is this for a conspiracy:

10 years ago I had a date with, and kissed the author of the story entitled: Only the president can pardon this kiss...

Imagine my surprise.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
You know, there's not much HF propagation tonight, the atmosphere might be allowing more than usual to pass through. The sun is wacky today.

I think the better question is, why would an intelligent species not use radio waves, and instead visible or sub-visible light, which is what humans see, but not at those distances.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Tom_Proctor]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember

10 years ago I had a date with, and kissed the author of the story entitled: Only the president can pardon this kiss...

Imagine my surprise.

interesting....how well did you know her?
is she what she claims to be?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tom_Proctor
You know, there's not much HF propagation tonight, the atmosphere might be allowing more than usual to pass through. The sun is wacky today.

I think the better question is, why would an intelligent species not use radio waves, and instead visible or sub-visible light, which is what humans see, but not at those distances.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Tom_Proctor]

According to this Judy, the communication was not directed at earth and hunaminty per se...but some sort of intergallactic Comms between other civilisations and we only seem to have picked up on it...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069
"Dr. Judy Faltskog ("Radio Astronomer working on government based projects in Europe, South America and the USA....")"
setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu...

She's rumored to work for the government. You cannot access the her info without membership. I have to agree it's worth keeping tabs.

what about the others?

Cstar ("hy hy hy im Chris im from South Africa !! realy a # hole !!! hahahaha if i told u my age...")

Armin Hallermann ("I am a 68 year old German who emigrated 43 years ago to South Africa.I now have broadband...")

Malcolm ("ceative genius...")

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
-Wayne Herschel- Judy then wrote... From Far Infra Red to Deep ultra Violet Radiation gives of Radio Emissions. Even light from a candle will produce radio emissions on a sensitive receiver.
Here is a example on this :

www.youtube.com...
... See More
www.youtube.com...

We modified it to be sensitive to Radiation Emissions on the far scale of the EM spectrum and used it to test results on a radio telescope. Cant say more...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
ok..here is the official reply from the Hartebees observatory here in SA
I quote:

Hi Gerhard,

As you figured, radio telescopes cannot detect "deep ultraviolet", and
certainly those here are not observing any of the stars mentioned.

But it is in the nature of conspiracy theories that any denial is taken as
proof of the conspiracy, so this was why I asked what response you
expected.

So it is a catch-22 situation for anyone you ask to confirm what you emailed.

Enjoy your day.

Mike Gaylard

So...there you have it. Game = OVER, well.... certainly from a perspective of South African Observatories being involved

[edit on 4-5-2010 by GerhardSA]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I will say in Wayne's defence, having been following his FB page for months now, he is VERY choosy about what gets posted on his site. I made a post once about alien conspiracies and he deleted it, said he had to be careful what he associated himself with because of his work . I got the impression he is the type who is careful about his reputation - he has struggled enormously with his book , all sorts of weird goings on that seem to block it's progress which he's talked about lots on FB and his website. His findings are quite controversial and he thinks there may be stuff going on behind the scenes to try and put the lid on his research . He would not want to look like a fool, to be associated with a hoax as in having some deliberate part in a hoax and that's exactly what alot of people are thinking. If people start thinking he's deceptive it would likely put them OFF taking him and his work seriously ?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
MISFIT's profile
Well this is one of her friends if I remember right. Interesting person

With her Boinc Synergy facebook page

Boinc Synergy

Not sure how this helps, but someone else might be able to grab the piece of the puzzle and run with it

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
I will say in Wayne's defence, having been following his FB page for months now, he is VERY choosy about what gets posted on his site. I made a post once about alien conspiracies and he deleted it, said he had to be careful what he associated himself with because of his work . I got the impression he is the type who is careful about his reputation - he has struggled enormously with his book , all sorts of weird goings on that seem to block it's progress which he's talked about lots on FB and his website. His findings are quite controversial and he thinks there may be stuff going on behind the scenes to try and put the lid on his research . He would not want to look like a fool, to be associated with a hoax as in having some deliberate part in a hoax and that's exactly what alot of people are thinking. If people start thinking he's deceptive it would likely put them OFF taking him and his work seriously ?

Im a big fan of Wayne's work..dont get me wrong..he make good points on his website and in his book, but i think he might have maybe slipped up on this one. not his fault..he is only...human....

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GerhardSA

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember

Imagine my surprise.

interesting....how well did you know her?
is she what she claims to be?

Perhaps you misunderstood - I briefly dated The Star reporter Gill Gifford, but I don't think it's really relevant to this story - I just found it to be rather personally coincidental.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

My Bad....

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tom_Proctor

come to think of it
in all the images I've seen
of aliens, I have never seen ears.
So why would they use radiowaves
if they themselves cannot hear ??
Just a thought

but they do have eyes

[edit on 4-5-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
He would not want to look like a fool, to be associated with a hoax as in having some deliberate part in a hoax and that's exactly what alot of people are thinking. If people start thinking he's deceptive it would likely put them OFF taking him and his work seriously ?

But you did notice that he has already covered his butt by stating the odds on what he believes may be happening. If it is a joke or a hoax that's fine because he stated it may be. Mind you if it is then no amount of forethought will save his cred.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Ultraviolet observatories

Right now there are no dedicated ultraviolet observatories in orbit. The Hubble Space Telescope can perform a great deal of observing at ultraviolet wavelengths, but it has a very fairly small field of view. Until September 1996, the International Ultraviolet Explorer (IUE) was operating and observing ultraviolet radiation. Its demise, although unfortunate, was hardly premature: IUE was launched in January, 1978 with planned operations of three years. IUE functioned more or less like a regular ground based observatory save that the telescope operator and scientist did not actually visit the telescope, but sent it commands from the ground. Other than some care in the selection of materials for filters, a UV telescope like IUE is very much like a regular visible light telescope.

In addition to IUE, there have been fairly important recent UV space missions. A reusable shuttle package called Astro has been flown twice in the cargo bay of the space shuttle: it consisted of a set of three UV telescopes. Unlike HST, the Astro UV telescopes had very large fields of view and so could take images of larger objects in the sky -- like galaxies. For instance, if the Hubble Space Telescope and the Astro telescopes were used to look at the Comet Hale-Bopp, Hubble would be able to take spectacular pictures of the core of the comet. The Astro telescopes would be able to take pictures of the entire comet, core and tail.

Extreme Ultraviolet observatories

There are two extreme ultraviolet observatories in space at the moment. One of them is the very first extreme ultraviolet observatory ever, the Extreme Ultraviolet Explorer (EUVE). Astronomers have been somewhat reluctant to explore from space at the extreme ultraviolet wavelengths since all theory strongly suggests that the interstellar medium (the tiny traces of gases and dust between the stars) would absorb radiation in this portion of the spectrum. However, when the Extreme Ultraviolet Explorer (EUVE) was launched, observations showed that the solar system is located within a bubble in the local interstellar medium. The region around the Sun is relativity devoid of gas and dust which allows the EUVE instruments to see much further than theory predicted. (my emphasis)

Another extreme ultraviolet observatory currently operating is the Array of Low Energy X-ray Imaging Sensors (ALEXIS). Although its name indicates that it is an X-ray observatory, the range of energy ALEXIS is exploring is at the very lowest end of the X-ray spectrum and often considered to be extreme ultraviolet. ALEXIS was launched on 25 Apr 1993 on a Pegasus rocket. During launch, a hinge plate supporting one of the solar panels broke. However, the satellite survived, and the panel remains connected to the satellite via the electrical cables and a tether, and it still provides the requisite power to the satellite. ALEXIS is spinning about an axis pointed approximately toward the sun. ALEXIS provides sky maps on a daily basis whenever the satellite is not in a 100% sunlight orbit. These sky maps are used to study diffuse x-ray emission, monitor the brightness of known EUV objects, and to detect transient objects.

Source: imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

This seems to confirm that Nasa does have the ability to look at the UV spectrum and also that until recently scientists hadn't been looking at it (could explain the remark 'No wonder no one found anything before, they were looking in the wrong Frequency range' )

The 'radio telescopes' comment seems to have come from Wayne Herschel and is probably due to his being unaware of the differences and so is using the term generically. Either that or he didn't have enough time to go into the intricacies in a Facebook post and felt that using the term 'radio telescope' would be good enough for a lay audience. I expect he didn't realise a bunch of pedants would start picking it apart

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

the communication was not directed at earth and hunaminty per se...but some sort of intergallactic Comms between other civilisations and we only seem to have picked up on it...

oh yea I forgot about that
we can do that now
we have the Patriot Act !!!!!

hahahahahaha

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

ok..here is the official reply from the Hartebees observatory here in SA
I quote:

Hi Gerhard,

As you figured, radio telescopes cannot detect "deep ultraviolet", and
certainly those here are not observing any of the stars mentioned.

But it is in the nature of conspiracy theories that any denial is taken as
proof of the conspiracy, so this was why I asked what response you
expected.

So it is a catch-22 situation for anyone you ask to confirm what you emailed.

Enjoy your day.

Mike Gaylard

So...there you have it. Game = OVER, well.... certainly from a perspective of South African Observatories being involved

[edit on 4-5-2010 by GerhardSA]

maybe you guys missed this. but the SA guys say.."No....It is all BS"

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join