It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I just find this whole thread really confusing and frustrating.

For starters, this person is supposedly leaking said information in a public forum (facebook) after recieving it from someone else. That right there should put the whole story in question. She can deny the whole thing and try to pin the blame on the real source. We supposedly know who the real source of the information is but do we really? NO!

And even if this does turn out to be a complete hoax (which it most likely is) who knows what gibberish makes it from person A - B - C -??? And who is the real source anyway? The guy supposedly giving her this information can just as easily pin the whole hoax on an "anonymous source".

Noone so well educated in UFO's and abductions would willingly post said information on their own facebook page without looking for some kind of personal attention or publicity. She had to have known what would happen! Now she sits in "stealth mode" while everyone sits and waits right? This doesn't make any sense!

Then you have the fact that the updates people are posting here in the forums just keep sounding more and more like Edgar Cayce is interpreting Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History of Time".

For supposedly being such an accredited scientist, she certainly isn't approaching this very scientifically. IMO, Everything you read from the facebook page just gets more jumbled and meaningless and there is absolutely no reason for anyone to believe her right now. And she wouldn't have seen that coming being such an expert in UFO's and alien abductions?

-ChriS

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yes. I've been following it.
I had to correct the statement about ultraviolet absorption or I would probably still be just following it rather than posting.

[edit on 5/4/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
For the record Wayne is not my friend as such -we have exchanged some emails and I am his FB friend but do not know him as a person. When I first saw his post on FB I jumped the gun and got excited and rushed here to post. I've since done some research on his source and like alot of others here now feel it's all a bit dubious. I would never knowing post BS on ATS, I have nothing but respect for the community and have been a member here for nearly 2 years now and regularly post .

There is no new news atm and if this was all true then I do wonder why nothing else has come out from other so called sources . It's been many hours since she implied other observatories around the world have gone online to check what she said was happening yet not one sniff of any rumour elsewhere.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arkady
So why doesn't somebody phone up one of these radio observatories and ask them whats going on?

.........oh right yeah, because it's BS.

it might not be...Im in contact with the Hartebeesthoek Radio Astronomy Observatory in South Africa, and the new SKA guys about this. I know a guy at Hartebeeshoek RAO. lets see what happens. give it a bit of time

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by Bedlam

Light is an electromagnetic radiation of any wavelength regardless if visible or not. But we are talking about UV light here.

Radio telescope picks up wavelenghts. Optical telescopes such your handheld binos only captures light only mainly of the visible spectrum. Spectrography is the study of electromagnetic spectra. And the Optical telescope in S. Africa is NOT a bino, but solely to study spectrography - electromagnetic spectra.

Why should binoculars only capture visible light, by your argument? They're also radio receivers, then.

The optical telescope in South Africa, like the one at Palomar, or Keck, or the one in my backyard, do not receive radio wavelengths. Because optical lenses don't work for radio wavelengths. Thus optical telescopes are not radio telescopes. And vice versa.

And it is such UV spectra info that the OP is releasing to the world.

The person whom the OP is quoting is saying that she's receiving UV with a radio telescope. Which isn't happening.

Barking up the electromagnetic spectrum, or no ground base facillity recieving such data is possible as a smoking gun only makes a skeptic look utterly foolish. Try another!

No ground based facility of any sort can receive UV over the bandwidth she's stating, because the atmosphere totally blocks some of the wavelengths she's stating are being received. But only an optical telescope rigged for UV would work, and she says she used a radio telescope. Which is bs, because it doesn't work that way. I understand you want it to be true, and you're not that technically literate, but even the examples you posted are contradicting you in a very obvious way.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Not to worry. These things do happen. No one really knows, if it was a hoax, or an attempt to silence her, as common with such bearers of information.

But with or without her testimonies, there's 15 million people in the world who will swear to have seen UFOs buzzing our skies, including even credible luminaries, that had admitting it is not of our world.

The pressure is on for those who hold information to talk. Better to come clean on their own or if the common folks find out on their own, their reputation would be ruin of the highest degree.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

-Wayne Herschel- Judy is a missing person right now... I already confirmed the research by Judy on the stars in question was more than just Radio astronomy and typical Richard Hoagland has to be one better on that one too to take a stab at that!

From a guy that mas many believe there are aliens on the moon????

I relayed only what seemed important and I am still very concerned on the situation with Judy more than this being real or not.... See More

All the data claimed is being discussed with astronomers and I will report later. I am just as angry about how this has turned ugly as most of you are.
30 minutes ago

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Dr. Judy seems to be missing, ccording to Wayne, I dont know how well Wayne knows Judy, but I got the impression that they have know echother for some time..

Newest Status on Waynes Page :

'' -Wayne Herschel-ASTRONOMER Dr JUDY FULTSKOG - MISSING? ...After a very anxious evening following Judy's claims from NASA releasing what seemed important radio/spectral data suggesting intelligent ET signals... nobody knows her recent status. ...At the very least she might be the victim of an ugly joke by her piers... if anyone knows her whereabouts please contact her friends.13 minutes ago ''

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
She's supposed to be in Germany, I've also seen her post Norwegian and Swedish addresses, but my 'who is this' button says she's got a recent US address. Very interesting.

Maybe tomorrow, if she doesn't show again, I'll risk an ass-chewing and do an intrusive search, see if I can get her cell phone number and current address. It might be interesting to see her reaction to a phone call. Too bad she's not military, I can get that info without being obvious.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Dr. Judy is it?
Can you get a doctorate from a high school?
Cache

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Dr. Judy is it?
Cache

Phage, if I didn't know better I would say you were a cop

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Dr. Judy is it?
Cache

That I would not think Phage, where did you get Yours in avation ?
Sarcasm,sorry, just had too , you seem so cold Phage, you cant be a woman.

Wayne seems to think she's a Dr. and he have known here abit longer than us (as he say on his FB), I for now think along those lines, Ive asked him if he knows her well, but no reply yet....

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Dr. Judy is it?
Cache

You'll notice that the little flag on the US isn't at UC Berkeley, either.

And for having two doctorates, I cannot seem to find a single published work. Not even her doctorate theses. Unfortunately, UC does not publish lists of graduating doctoral candidates like many other schools. But it's rare that you can't find the masters' thesis or the doctoral thesis, in her case multiple times over.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

MISSING PERSON

Judy Fältskog

Places I've lived
South Africa, Sweden, USA, Brazil, Puerto Rico

Schools I've attended
Helpmekaar (Braamfontein)

The Extraterrestrial Contact and Abduction Network
www.ufo-contactee.ning.com...

Something I still can't find on Google
The Perfect Hunk

My superpower
Telepathy, Time Travel, Teleportation

Interests
UFOs, Extraterrestrials

LINK

Judy is the owner of The Extraterrestrial And Abduction Network she has be studying there extraterrestrial abduction phenomena for quite a long while Judy is also a abductee herself and it is her disire to provide a safehaven for other people who have been abducted like her which is why she founded The Extraterrestrial And Abduction Network so others like her would have a place to come and discuss thier experiences and compare notes and research. Judy would like to invite all listening to join her in this cause.

www.paranormalpalaceradio.com...

The Extraterrestrial Contact and Abduction Network

I am a Astrophysicist / Radio astronomer and Quantum ( Theoretical ) Physicist. I know that we are beeing visited by beings from other star systems and that they are here to assist us into becomming better tenants of our planet. I myself had contact with them and I am therefore willing to come out as a scientist and acknowledge their existence.

www.blogtalkradio.com...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather

That I would not think Phage, where did you get Yours in avation ?
Sarcasm,sorry, just had too , you seem so cold Phage, you cant be a woman.

Wayne seems to think she's a Dr. and he have known here abit longer than us (as he say on his FB), I for now think along those lines, Ive asked him if he knows her well, but no reply yet....

I think Phage is wondering where her education came from. "Schools I've attended" Helpmekaar (Braamfontein)

*shrug*. The only thing that gives "Judy" any credibility for me is this:

setiathome.berkeley.edu...

does being on the NASA "AMES" team add some credibility here?

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
NO earthbased radio telescope capable of receiving UV wavelenghts?...hmmm.....

"An extremely large telescope (ELT) is a class of telescope with an aperture of more than 20 m diameter when discussing reflecting telescopes of optical wavelengths including UV, Visible, and Near infrared wavelengths. Telescopes for other wavelengths can be much larger such as the 100 meter (109 yards) aperture on the Green Bank Telescope for radio wavelengths. ELTs are planned to increase the chance of finding earth-like planets around other stars."

en.wikipedia.org...

Of course, the Optical Telescope in South Africa doesn't exits.
en.wikipedia.org...

That quote is saying "Telescopes (OPTICAL) for light wavelengths (which include UV) are considered huge (20 m would have to be an interferometer) at apertures of 20m or larger, but telescopes for radio wavelengths (i.e. 'radio telescopes') can be (and usually are) much larger".

The reason for that is that most optical telescopes use glass, either as lenses or mirrors, which is a lot heavier that a metal framework supporting a parabolic reflector dish for radio frequencies. When glass slabs get that size, they deform (because of gravity) and distort the waves being studied, making them useless.

Radio telescopes don't have the ability to capture UV waves, nor will their sensors process UV light.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Here is wikipedia info on "Helpmekaar" College.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
does being on the NASA "AMES" team add some credibility here?

Name
1) Likeshadow
2) mike ames
3) Tom 3,885
4) Tom Dayton
5) josho
6) Dr. Judy Fältskog
7) Ed
8) malik350
9) Trinity
10) Alexander van Dijk
11) Profile BatMan007
12) Profile VMHawke
13) Tom O'Bedlam
14) Mary Beth

Account data for Dr. Judy Fältskog

SETI@home member since 3 Jan 2000
Country Germany
URL www.ufo-contactee.ning.com...
Total credit 1,141
Recent average credit 0.06
SETI@home classic workunits 17
SETI@home classic CPU time 327 hours
Computers View

Team NASA Ames
Friends (1) Misfit

setiathome.berkeley.edu...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yea, since 2000 it states, so it isnt a new person or such things.
Pretty stupid to ruin her work by making up stuff,imo atleast.
Maybe she's been abducted again or someone using her sites to discredit the SETI programme ?

I found this article:
Out-of-Control Satellite Threatens Other Nearby Spacecraft

Peter B. de Selding
Space News Staff Writer
SPACE.com peter B. De Selding
space News Staff Writer
space.com – Mon May 3, 2:00 pm ET
PARIS - An adrift Intelsat satellite that stopped communicating with its ground controllers last month remains out of control and has begun moving eastward along the geostationary arc, raising the threat of interference with other satellites in its path, Intelsat and other industry officials said.

In what industry officials called an unprecedented event, Intelsat's Galaxy 15 communications satellite has remained fully "on," with its C-band telecommunications payload still functioning even as it has left its assigned orbital slot of 133 degrees west longitude 36,000 kilometers over the equator.

Galaxy 15 stopped responding to ground controllers on April 5. The satellite's manufacturer, Orbital Sciences Corp. of Virginia, has said an intense solar storm in early April may be to blame. It was launched into space in 2005.

Related ? LOL... who knows. Sounds like ID4 ..Signals, dead satellites etc..

Okey, I found an BlogTalk Radio with Judy from Feb 2010..
Blog Radio with Judy F.

[edit on 4/5/2010 by ChemBreather]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Oh boy this is getting juicy. Isn't that where our man of the hour, Wayne Hershel, is from? South Africa?

Interesting indeedly doo.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join