It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Group 'Praying' For President Obama's Death Passes One Million Members

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
A quote from the page posted three hours prior to this one:

Lynn Reid Barrett-- I first saw it on a post from a HS classmate of my son's (16 y.o). Apparently all the teenagers are trading it around LOL
Those damn teenagers!

And one poster asks straight out...

Naomi Marie-- I liked this because I want someone to respectfully answer: Why would you pray for a persons death? Based on the posting here - it is more of a humorous get together than a serious political commentary. I would really like to understand your motivation for being part of this. Thanks.

To which others reply:

Ila May Um.-- If you know this is a humorous get together and not a serious political commentary then why did you even ask that question? This group is funny. And a joke.

Kim Chatfield--this is the ekranoplan fanpage. i'll post one for you

Shane Cardon--I think you just answered your own question. It is a humorous get together therefore the words you see written above aren't meant as a death threat as so many believe. The joke is there and whether one chooses to take or offense or not is their own personal choice.

Spencer Lewen--Naomi, joining a FB group with a FAKE prayer for its title IS NOT the same as actually praying the prayer. I found it clever, and somewhat humorous. As it turns out, this page has become the best page EVER. We can always have fun, and everyone here (for the most part) has a sense of humor.

Diana Brown--Know what's even more wicked? People from all sides are becoming friends. Dude, totally wicked.

Kim Chatfield--everyone loves ekranoplans

Kim Chatfield--i think naomi is pretty smart to come in here and ask questions without preconceived ideas about who we are. one of the -only- people i've seen do it.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
To pray for anyone's death is to pray for your own, in the sense that what thoughts you put out come back to you in some form. Whether or not you agree with Barack Obama, or any other human being, is no reason to 'pray for his death.'

I'm not astounded that it got that many members though, it seems things have become so juvenile and twisted as of late. Rather than having civilized debate most people just toss labels and stereotypes at each other without really getting anywhere.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
roups has also increased fear of being disarmed by Democrats
these guys are addicts for guns

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Well I need to ask a question.

Is Hilary Clinton or Joe Biden members of the group?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
NO ..... !

Second line ..... Facebook falls on face

Third line .... God Loves Barack Obama MORE than Facebook !

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
So lets get this straight, people in the 'media' are running this story and others are trying to get this particular group banned and off of Facebook. Surely This would imply by some that 'praying' i.e thinking in your head as a collectiveness could indeed manifest into something real. I am not religious per se, but if this sort of thing is catching the attention from the media then this is where it gets interesting. What if more and more people do join and then something happens?

Wouldn't it be interesting if we 'humans' actually start creating more collective groups, and found out through mass collective thinking we could indeed decide the fate of others. Oh how the mighty would fall

People who are on the side of Barak Obama

Look through the history books, look and see what people with increased amounts of world power have done to this planet. Look and see how many people have suffered by the so called 'messengers of god' look and see how the world has been steered towards oil,money,greed,corruption and of course world dominance. The higher you go the more corrupt you become.

Anything that can break this perpetual cycle of despair has to be looked at seriously.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
What's the big deal, we are all going to die eventually. Unless some of you do view him as a god...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Unlimitedpossibilities
reply to post by lee anoma AND reply to post by jimmyx

Well, considering that for one to participate in discussion, one must join the group, then that may explain why so many people have joined.

I am currently on the site now and I do not see any "praying". I only see people making random statements and having left vs. right arguments.

well, if your right, then i'll calm down a bit...but this is not an isolated incident for the murdering of the president of the united states.
someone (FBI or secret service) needs to start coming down hard on these people.
if someone carries this out, i hope they arrest every toothy-smiling right-wing apologist with statements like "WELL, I DIDN'T EXPECT SOMEONE TO TAKE ME SERIOUSLY"
these people are just itching for Obama's murder to happen

A tree is just a tree, obama is just some stranger dude that lies and is responsible for killing 1000s..

Think of the potential lives that could be saved if this worked? arrogant elitists who lie millions dead in needless wars or play judge jury and executioner with extrajudicial drone murders of people convicted of nothing would think twice if their actions got them thought to death.

If only the masses could summons a karma ninja that would strike murdering liars like a bolt of crack-lightning... a-holes despised by the collective conscious of humanity reduced to a pablum stain.

I'm all for a non violent cerebral sniping of the planets war engineers.... where do I sign up?! we could organize a "daily douche" where for 30 sec a day millions pray that those responsible for "wars, fascism and general evil" drop dead after their head explodes!.. bush/cheney would be long gone and the current puppet would be on life support with most of congress.. without a shot being fired.. lets do this!!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Wow- This is retarded. The numbers of ignorant humans is growing..Is someone creating these feeble minded in a factory somewhere?

Am starting my Gun classes AZAP to be honest, in a year am prepared to be shooting at zombies- At least at this rate

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I see threads, groups, and posts about killing Bush and Cheney at least once a week. How is this any different?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

its not
= and its stupid to be honest

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I joined that a while back.. haven't check it in ages..wow 1 million? :O
Guess there are some on there who take it more than a joke.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much about this. Dubya and Cheney survived and there were a lot more in their prayer groups.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Whatever happened to ....

Praying for Peace or World Harmony?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
this is not offensive, but downright idiot. often i think this group are artificially created and feeded to make it into the news.

Originally posted by hornyana_jones

Facebook Group 'Praying' For President Obama's Death Passes One Million Members

www.huffingtonpost.com

A Facebook group accused of "praying" for the death of President Barack Obama has raised controversy online, with many calling for Facebook to remove the group as "offensive speech."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
What is really idiotic and offensive to me - are the people living in America who wish to censor other people simply because they state something that they do not agree with.

This group is nothing. And guess what - if you don't agree with its message or its purpose... YOU DON'T HAVE TO BLOODY JOIN IT! Just by the mere fact of its existence people get up in arms because they somehow are led to believe that because it is there, it has to be a part of your life.

The facts are simple. No one is calling for direct harm from another to the President. No one is plotting to kill anyone. No one is being harmed in this. Why do so many people, in this topic and around the world, feel like they have the right to tell people what to believe and what to say?

To all those saying that this should be taken down and censored - then please just shut your mouth. If this can be censored due to your wills - then your opinions can be censored due to mine. The door swings both ways my friends.

To those commenting on it as ignorant and wrong - congratulations. You have just exercised your freedom of speech. Continue doing so and enjoy it, because before long - if people in this topic and the Huffington Post have their way with things - our freedom of speech will be gone before you know it.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Obviously this "prayer" is a joke. It's in poor taste, but still a joke.

Here is a facebook petition to remove this "prayer":

Petition to remove facebook group praying for President Obama's death

It already has 772,999 members!

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
That the USA has freedom of speech is truly a miracle - it's a miracle they still have it with nut jobs like these people abusing the right.

GRRR!

peace

[edit on 3-5-2010 by silo13]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
They can't see the difference between a joke and a sick joke.

I would bet that there are people from ATS member of that group, so much hate I see in some posts here, pathetic and pointless.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
These christians are disguising a curser within a prayer. This is no prayer, but a curse. I for one see good things that OBama has done and I am happy that I voted him in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join