It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Group 'Praying' For President Obama's Death Passes One Million Members

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Now I remember where I heard this joke first!

Apr 11, 2010 11:20 am US/Eastern Union Memo Hints At N.J. Gov.'s Death

Bergen County Teachers Union's Memo The Latest Salvo In War Of Words With Gov. Christie; Swift Apology Issued............

The e-mail in question was sent by Bergen County Education Association president Joseph Coppola in the form of a prayer, which said:

"Dear lord,' this year you have taken away my favorite actor, Patrick Swayze, my favorite actress, Farrah Fawcett, my favorite singer, Michael Jackson, and my favorite salesman, Billy Mays. I just wanted to let you know that Chris Christie is my favorite governor."

Source

This article predates the earliest post I could find on the Facebook page by a WEEK!

Where was the Huffington Post that time?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It's wrong no matter who it is.

But if this same group existed to pray for the death of GW Bush how many of you would be on here claiming that this is outrageous? How many of you would change your tune and say "here, here!"

In case this is not clear, I AM calling many of you posting in this thread hypocrites. Not by name, but you all know who you are.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by sos37]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
It's wrong no matter who it is.

But if this same group existed to pray for the death of GW Bush how many of you would be on here claiming that this is outrageous? How many of you would change your tune and say "here, here!"

In case this is not clear, I AM calling many of you posting in this thread hypocrites. Not by name, but you all know who you are.

[edit on 3-5-2010 by sos37]

These did exist when GW Bush was president, and I said the same thing. It's free speech.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It's no joke. According to Chinese Fengshui, this year of Tiger 2010 will see an important person passing away.

I don't think the former Poland President was important to the world. It's anyone's guess now.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
It's no joke. According to Chinese Fengshui, this year of Tiger 2010 will see an important person passing away.

I don't think the former Poland President was important to the world. It's anyone's guess now.

Cute superstition.

Every year somebody important will pass away, especially if you are looking for it.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
yes i am sure that they will try to arrest over 1 million people, whatever way he gets taken out of office doesnt matter to me as he is a monster, the sad thing is that anyone replacing him could probably be even worse, as they all have their agenda.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Yes it is in poor taste, just like the teachers Union email. Somehow that one didn't seem to make much of a fuss. Seems if you do it to a Republican it's acceptable.

I think they were just making the point, rather effectively too, considering all the outrage all of a sudden now that the shoe is on the other foot.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seitler
reply to post by Snarf

So, Sir, I am a white-trash redneck!? I agree, I am a bit country, but I am far from being the biggot you are making these people out to be. Let me guess, you are a black man trying to make a racist case here? If not, my bad for assuming, but that is the portrait you are painting.
Not even close. I'm as white as they come. Sorry

For those that assume everyone that hates Obama is racist, you may want to look in the mirror. Just because I can't stand his politics, doesn't mean I'm racist. Hell, I voted for the man, but he's a great speaker so I was mislead by his well-hidden forked tounge.

I don't assume everyone who hates Obama is a racist. But i do presume to assume anyone calling him racist names, or portraying him in a racist manner is, indeed, a racist. I call it like i see it.

I served in the Army, and I did my part to help secure OUR right to say and type what we want. What have you done lately? Oh yeah, plus I'm in college AND hold a full time job... again, what have you done!?

I don't care what you did. You fought for my rights against whom, exactly? Rock-throwing Afghanis? And furthermore, how does this exactly make you a better person than I? If it weren't for my tax dollars, there would have been no way for you to be paid to go "Fight" The freedom-devouring boogey-man.

I have no qualms with our military - but I do have qualm with you, and you sir, have no idea what you're talking about. NO where in my previous post did i mention anything about anyone being a racist.

No where did anyone talk about your and your "service"

You bring all of these up because you, like so many like you, must conjure a fictitious argument with controllable variables so that you are able to come out on top - in your world.

The only argument you've won so far is the one that never actually existed.

Sorry man, the only one calling you racist, is you.

Freudian slip, perhaps?

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Snarf]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

I served in the Army, and I did my part to help secure OUR right to say and type what we want. What have you done lately? Oh yeah, plus I'm in college AND hold a full time job... again, what have you done!?

That is a fallacy, you worked for a federal corporation, the only rights that you were securing were the rights that American corporations feel they have over the world's resources.

You did not fight for the people, unless wheeling barrels of oil onto a cargo plane is patriotism.

That was intended for Seitler.

[edit on 5/3/2010 by dalan.]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

Umm, you misquoted there, bud.

I didnt say what you're crediting with me saying.

...go re-read the post

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

That type of logical fallacy is ingrained in our culture. Somehow being a soldier means you fought for our freedom. The last war that was fought over freedom of US Citizens was the civil war.

Also, off topic, I'm deeply offended by your photograph of the prophet muslim in your avatar.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

you know, i would agree with you...IF....it was only coming from wacky internet sites. but, innuendo and couched language are all over the TV, talk radio, tea-baggers, southern whites, republican leaders, right-wing newspaper columnists, calling for some type of harm to come to this president. and now facebook...hey let's encourage our kids and young adults to "discuss" praying for Obamas death!!!
yeah...let's all "discuss" this...what?...amusing?...interesting?...informative? ...thing?

Look what you just did for a moment. Even though there has been no violence in the Tea Party movement, you called them Tea Baggers; why? Because the media has been filling the airwaves with DNC Talking Points which have been for the most part vicious lies. Look how they got you to start calling these people names. You fell for it, hook, line and sinker.

Then you imply all "southern whites" are part of some dangerous movement. They even have you making racist statements along with unfounded lies.

When Bush was in office the other side was doing the same.

Until people understand the Democrat / Republican rift is carefully cultivated by both sides, they remain nothing more than puppets, told what to say and how to act.

Please source and quote the "right wing newspaper columnists" who called for harm to come to Obama. Doubly hard as by their own polling numbers 85% of journalists vote Democrat.

People need to stop letting themselves be controlled so easily by these Political Parties. Knowledge is power and when you know the truth, they can't plant false stories for their mesmerized audience to parrot.

Both Parties are so transparently corrupt it boggles the mind how easily they control huge numbers of people with their Talking Points and fabrications. Both Parties are masters at this. Both Parties lie at a level that is unbelievable and get away with it.

If you have not noticed, the Huffington Post is one of the DNC controlled sources that has been actively trying to incite anger at the Tea Party people who are for the most part peaceful, working folks making their views known in a legal manner. When that becomes wrong it is all over. It means one group has taken away choice and forced their wants on everyone else. It is the end of Freedom and a short ways from Goosesteps.

As to the Facebook Group, what a bunch of adolescents. Don't worry folks. It is just children full of hormones. They don't intend to harm anyone. They are just young and dumb.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Praying for someone else's death isn't very nice, but the only police you should be answerable to for it are the ones Radiohead sang about. It sounds like some rather childish anti-Obama shock tactics and people shouldn't give them any attention for it. Either that, or someone should start a Pray For Obama To Remain Alive group, and you'd probably end up with a lot more members.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by dalan.

Umm, you misquoted there, bud.

I didnt say what you're crediting with me saying.

...go re-read the post

I know you didn't say that, I edited my post.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
reply to post by dalan.

That type of logical fallacy is ingrained in our culture. Somehow being a soldier means you fought for our freedom. The last war that was fought over freedom of US Citizens was the civil war.

Also, off topic, I'm deeply offended by your photograph of the prophet muslim in your avatar.

Indeed friend, the Civil War was the last war the American people (particularly the South) fought in to try an secure State Rights.

Here is an interesting tidbit for you to ponder in the United States Code:

TITLE 28 > PART VI > CHAPTER 176 > SUBCHAPTER A > § 3002

(15) “United States” means—
(A) a Federal corporation;

By the way...Muhammad stays.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

"Rock-throwing Afghanis?" There is another racist statement, yet again. They (Afghanis) are a lot more tactical than anyone gives them credit, but I was not there, I was in Iraq. This was back at the end of '05 begining of '06.

I will say this. If you haven't been there, SHUT UP and stop assuming you understand the situation. I had multiple conversations with some of the translators, and honestly, they are a very nice people who are terrified of these "extremists" that attack at random.

I saw a bus, a regular civilian bus like the ones we hop on daily to commute to work, school, movies, lunch, ect... get shot up by a car of these "extremists." All it was, was like a few gang members doing a drive-by. They killed over 20 innocent people on that bus, including the driver. I watched as the driver was shot through the neck. I was forced to do NOTHING as I watched ordinary Iraqi citizens run off the bus, only to later fall over dead from wounds. I WATCHED THIS HAPPEN! I couldn't do anything, because according to the Geneva's Rules of Engagement, I was not attacked so I could not assist these people.

How would you feel to be scared of thise happening every time you hopped on a bus, or a plane? How would you feel if you were driving down a road you take daily to go to work, and then have your car blow up from a roadside IED?

I'VE BEEN THERE. Don't presume to understand the military, especially the life overseas, unless you've done it. By arguing on a subject which you have no first-hand knowledge of, against someone who has been there, you make yourself out to be an @$$.

Now, if you think I didn't do my part, then you sure as hell haven't done yours. I know if you ever met me in person, you'd change your tune after you got to know me, because I'm not one of those people that whine and complain, woe is me. I hold my own and get my stuff done.

I just think that when people get so bent out of shape over simple jokes, which they are legally allowed to make, that is a complete violation of our original rights from when this country was founded!

Argue the rest if you will, but that much is true.

(edited for spelling)

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Seitler]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Seitler

Yeah, the Afghani's don't throw rocks, but what he was going for is what's called in the literary world as "hyperbole."

The fact is, the Afghani rebels versus the United States military is essentially the same as people going up against a tank vs a rock. His statement wasn't being racist, but showing the relative differential in power and technology the combatants had.

Your story is heartfelt, and I have no doubts of it's authenticity, but you act as though you request pity from us, because of what you encountered. That was your job, it's what you signed up for. You didn't go against your will, in fact you got paid for it. Your job is to kill people, murder under the sanction of the United States government.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by WolfofWar]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
We only need to worry if they're prayer is answered.
Most of the people I highly doubt actually pray that this happens.
They just want more friends on their social network.
I'd add em, why not?! Gay Bigfoot is my friend on myspace.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Seitler

Props to you for facing the dogs of war, but standing with a gun and doing nothing while innocent people get killed is probably worse than any court martial.

And people who are praying for anyone's death might as well draw a pentagram at their doors.

It's not like Obama has been around the country raping babies and burning houses. A little exaggeration perhaps?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

Not pitty, only for people to understand that life is not peachy in the Middle East. The ones that view it from media perspective only get that view. The problem is, most people don't care to hear facts. The story I told is 100% valid, sadly I can't prove it because the US military took no part in it.

BTW, it's not our jobs to just kill people. I was suppose to be working in a warehouse, but due to the shortage of troops, I was thrown into the front lines. I didn't want to kill people, but that is part of the duty of service to country. You do what you must. Like I said though, I wasn't doing the killing in this act, I was forced to watch the killings so I could report it up to my superiors. There is a big difference in taking part in a battle with both sides armed, and watching innocent people getting slaughterred almost as easily as if they were cattle.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join