It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Group 'Praying' For President Obama's Death Passes One Million Members

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigantea Rosa
reply to post by ventian

Why would you suspect teens? Also it may just be me and lack of sleep, but what exactly does the last one correlate with? Well in terms of Bush's actions, I don't know of anything that he did or was intending to do that would harm the environment.

Because 5 years ago I was a teen and I know how I thought. I would do it merely for sh*ts and giggles because I was an a**hole just like my friends. Bush apparently was trying to increase drilling or something but really the environuts were just there to make a point that they hate Bush. It is typical right/left wing politics, the nuts always come out.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Actually I don't want anyone executed fro treason I dislike the Bushes but would not prey for anyone's death. Sorry I do have some respect for life. prayer has power. You may not agree but so what

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hornyana_jones

Well the headline of the huffington Post article is a bit misleading considering the site is actually called - "DEAR LORD, THIS YEAR YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE ACTOR, PATRICK SWAYZIE. YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE ACTRESS, FARAH FAWCETT. YOU TOOK MY FAVORITE SINGER, MICHAEL JACKSON. I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW, MY FAVORITE PRESIDENT IS BARACK OBAMA. AMEN."

I mean in all technicality what is the threat really. Are they saying Good Lord whats next or are they saying you might want to take him too? I suspect the latter but I would not assume that. And no - I am not a member.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
People on Facebook do not even read half the invites they get for Groups. They usually just press 'yes' for everything (or accept...?) Either way, I personally believe it should be shut down because I don't think any Facebook group should exist based on a death of a person.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I dont think it should be taken down, if they want to have their little club they can. There's an anonymity online that is comforting. It allows us to stick our necks out more then we would in real life. Out of this whole group probably 2 actually are that engulfed in it. The rest just joined to be douches. They're group gets an eyeroll for being lame, and once they all start to realize it, they're group will disband.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
wouldnt it make more sence to pray for the death of your whole goverment. cuz if obama dies you get HILLARY i dont think they'v thought this throughe. or get those million together and lynch them yourselvs youd soon joind by more.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This is a slippery slope indeed.

Actually, a teacher's union in New Jersey used this "prayer" as their closing on an announcement that was distributed to NJEA members for that county. They received a slap on the wrist for poor taste, but it was found that it did not violate any current laws and that NO direct threat was contained within the prayer. I think they substituted our Governor with Obama though....

Here it is -

"To have the leader of the Bergen County Teachers Union send out an e-mail to their 17,000 members asking them to pray for my death I think just goes beyond the pale," Christie said.

The e-mail in question was sent by Bergen County Education Association president Joseph Coppola in the form of a prayer, which said:

"Dear lord,' this year you have taken away my favorite actor, Patrick Swayze, my favorite actress, Farrah Fawcett, my favorite singer, Michael Jackson, and my favorite salesman, Billy Mays. I just wanted to let you know that Chris Christie is my favorite governor."

Source: wcbstv.com...

They issued a swift apology and most agreed it was in poor taste.

I think a movie best covered this:

America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country can't just be a flag; the symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms. Then, you can stand up and sing about the "land of the free".

From the American President
Source: www.imdb.com...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

You don't get Hillary?! It would be Biden, then Pelosi, etc....

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Same thing happened to Bush jr.

It's hyperbole, nothing more. People get frustrated about politics and go to the furthest of extremes as a solution. As long as this is just "wishful thinking" and not a stage of planning then it's really not that big of a deal.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
At least this will fill up a few FEMA camps. Only 297 more facilities to fill! Or maybe more.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

i stand corrected sorry about that

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Ah, I see the connection now and understand as to why you said teens, though I don't recall the drilling thing I must have not been paying to much attention to things at the time.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I have several friends on Facebook that joined the group. Most of them because they are too caught up in the right/left wing crap, I highly doubt that any of them actually want him dead. I wouldn't even call it a Christian thing either, because several of those same people I know are atheists. I'm sure there are some people it that group that do want Obama dead, but I'm willing to bet that a lot of people joined because they don't like him and the word play was funny.

I actually laughed when I first saw the name of the group, because I wasn't expecting the ending. Not that I would ever join it though, something like that could get you in big trouble one day (even if it was just with an employer).

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Anyone who would support this is unpatriotic and anti-American.

If this was George W. Bush, Jr. those same people would be up in arms, and ready to call all those Facebook members terror-lovin' supporters of Osama Bin Laden.

How quick things change.

- Lee

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
wow, why doesn't facebook just post a KKK banner in their logo. or how about a "lynching for dollars" online game.
to think there are AT LEAST 1 MILLION RESPONDANTS is sickening. and they are PRAYING??????? what sick, f'ed up, religious cult do they pray to????
AND!!! most of these sick f's probably have kids and/or will be hatching some in the future.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by jimmyx]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
No Christian would EVER pray for ANYONES death..... This is disgusting plain and simple.....

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Anyone who would support this is unpatriotic and anti-American.

If this was George W. Bush, Jr. those same people would be up in arms, and ready to call all those Facebook members terror-lovin' supporters of Osama Bin Laden.

How quick things change.

- Lee

well, i think the offices of facebook should be shut down and all their computers confiscated. the people that run this company should be arrested for terrorism, and for actively encouraging the assasination of the President of the United States

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma AND reply to post by jimmyx

Well, considering that for one to participate in discussion, one must join the group, then that may explain why so many people have joined.

I am currently on the site now and I do not see any "praying". I only see people making random statements and having left vs. right arguments.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hornyana_jones

So what? As long as they aren't proactively trying to harm him who cares what bizarre but ultimately pointless ritual they cook up? Claiming you'd like to have him dead via prayer isn't exactly a death threat so much as it is a cry for help and a sign of how screwed up we all have become.

Maybe it is stepping over the boundaries as far as Facebook is concerned though, if I were them I think it'd be a wise move to force the group to change its policy to praying for impeachment.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
As any Christian already knows, God always answers prayers.

It's either YES, NO or NOT YET!

Let's hope and I am sure it will be a NO on this one!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join