It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Cheating Scandal - Watch Thread

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

If the story is true then it is on him and no one else. He will have hurt his wife. He will have hurt his children.
Here is a man who is dismantling the constitution and changing this country beyond recognition without a thought for my children or anyone else who loves the constitution but you want us to worry about his?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClearJustMind
reply to post by WWJFKD

Are you defending his actions? He and every other President are held to a high standard! If you are not I missed the humor and apologize.

What actions would those be, "ClearJustMind"?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If this is the lead story in this notorious tabloid, I suggest that the real story being hidden elsewhere in its pages is likely to be huge. Or that was the way it used to be in the day.

Seeing Obama in tears at the recent funeral of his friend was a very humanising moment. This kind of garbage story is not humanising in the least. Honestly, the real story is something else, and it must be enormous.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
Was that the edition before or after
the woman had the 2 headed Alien baby???

In all fairness, it's the "Sun" that has those ludicrous stories. It's even more funny read when in different states of concsiousness.

Originally posted by rick1
If the story is true then it is on him and no one else. He will have hurt his wife. He will have hurt his children.
Here is a man who is dismantling the constitution and changing this country beyond recognition without a thought for my children or anyone else who loves the constitution but you want us to worry about his?

Either way it sounds like a big distraction from everything else they're up to. like most sensationalist news smut..

[edit on 1-5-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The world is taking away homes, ignoring education and starting/perpetuating wars...

...and we care why if the President has an affair...or not?!?!

Sometimes I think we deserve this reality...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
For all of you who are hoping this breaks Obama's career and family life, I must say I hope the same happens to you. You deserve it as much as he does.

I hope it's not true, but I guess we'll wait and see.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

that isn't true. someone elected to high office is held to a higher standard than those who are not. or atleast, that is how it should be. how a man treats his wife is a good indicator of character.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This is very likely the saddest thread I've seen on this website. Ever.

Can't find enough reason to trash the President? They're all over the forums concerning one subject or another. They weren't nasty enough for you?

Then just make something up. Pretend like he cheated on his wife, and then go about with all the imaginings, slander, libel, and calumny you can conjure up. Right from your dirty little mind. For amusement. Because you hate him. Since when does integrity matter? Or the truth?

You're not even trying to investigate to see whether or not the rumor has merit. You're just fantasizing that it is true, and some of you seem to be getting some kind of perverted satisfaction from the thought of it.

How childish, and beneath this website's dignity.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If this were actually true then I truly dread listening to everyone I know prattle on and on about the "immoral behavior."

It was bad enough listening to everyone act like their opinions mattered regarding Tiger Woods and his personal life.

I do not care who the President has sex with, or the amount of people he decides to sleep with. The only thing that should matter is whether or not our President is upholding the republic.

Figuring that Timothy Geithner was Obama's pick for his Secretary of the Treasury...I hardly doubt he cares about our republic.

But his sex life is more important...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
LMFAO

OMG

ur basing this thread on an article
from the Enquirer ????

Was that the edition before or after
the woman had the 2 headed Alien baby???

hahahaha

The National Enquirer doesn't do stories like that. They only report on stories with actual verified sources.

You should learn more about tabloids.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well... wouldn't surprise me.

That's what our politicians do right?

I see everyone baggin' on the Enquirer... ahem... the Enquirer told you months before anyone else that Edwards was cheating on his sick wife.

As an aside, Michelle and Barak never seemed like a couple to me. Every time I see them together, they don't "look" at each other like a husband and wife... just seemed awkward together almost. No sources or pictures or videos, this is just as observation.

a) Barak Obama is a politician
b) Enquirer NAILED Edwards, before anyone else
c) They seem like an awkward couple..

For those 3 reasons I don't really doubt it much...

But in the grand scheme of things... what a waste of conversation

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Alright people, even a good Christian man like George cheats on the wife from time to time, now what do you expect of a Muslim???

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/42446d39d582af35.jpg[/atsimg]

Exactly

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This is a media ploy to recreate the Lewinsky meme as a means to distract from the financial and war scandals.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
This is a media ploy to recreate the Lewinsky meme as a means to distract from the financial and war scandals.

Naw...

couldn't be

Obama's just a frisky dude

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by popilluminati
For all of you who are hoping this breaks Obama's career and family life, I must say I hope the same happens to you. You deserve it as much as he does.

I hope it's not true, but I guess we'll wait and see.

Fair enough.

I don't care what type of scandal ruins his life, career and sanity.. or drives his family to alcohol rehab for years of counseling .. as long as it gets done on the world stage in the most humiliating, embarrassing and expedient fashion.

Even if he gets disgraced.. he won't feel 1 iota of the pain & misery known by the average iraqi / afghani... people I have way more respect for.

Karma and payback can both be bitches.. and nothing would make me happier than to see these 2 angry ladies stalk this puppet 24/7 with the mercy of an apache gunship crew.. when they're done with him, I hope they move in with the bushs and start a reality tv show so I can savior every delicious minute of their personal hell.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
After reviewing several sites, and doing some other reading, the Enquirer are now changing the tune of their story.

The original story that I only captured the first few snippets of has been changed, and from what I was able to discern, they are now on their 4th update (read changing the story).

From what I was able to garner from my investigation of the story early Saturday AM, the story was actually broken by a Swiss news agency, which were the ones making the claim of having the video, per my post here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I do regret now, not having posted the National Enquirer article quoted in it's entireity, as it's text has been dramatically changed. This was to be expected, and I will know now in the future to at least keep a personal copy of texts. Lesson learned.

Now, the original part that I did quote no longer exists:

PRESIDENT OBAMA has been caught in a shocking cheating scandal after being caught in a Washington, DC Hotel with a former campaign aide, sources say.

And now, a hush-hush security video that shows everything could topple both Obama's presidency and marriage to Michelle!

A confidential investigation has learned that Obama first became close to gorgeous 35 year-old VERA BAKER in 2004 when she worked tirelessly to get him elected to the US Senate, raising millions in campaign contributions.

and how the text reads now, as of Sunday morning at 12:11 am EST: (I am going to quote the text in it's entireity, for the sake of a record of documentation and posterity - however, note the bold text)

UPDATED: Reports out of Washington, DC: PRESIDENT OBAMA in a shocking cheating scandal after being caught in a Washington, DC Hotel with a former campaign aide.

A confidential investigation has learned that Obama first became close to gorgeous 35 year-old VERA BAKER in 2004 when she worked tirelessly to get him elected to the US Senate, raising millions in campaign contributions

Now, the investigators are searching for a hotel surveillance videotape.

While Baker has insisted in the past that "nothing happened" between them, reports reveal that top anti-Obama operatives are offering more than $1 million to witnesses to reveal what they know about the alleged hush-hush affair.

Among those being offered money is a limo driver who says in 2004 that he took Vera to a secret hotel rendezvous in where Obama was staying.

An ENQUIRER reporter has confirmed the limo driver's account of the secret 2004 rendezvous and has also learned that on-site hotel surveillance video camera footage could provide indisputable evidence to the investigation.

DEVELOPING STORY

www.nationalenquirer.com...

It becomes more and more apparent that the Enquirer was following the leads of both the Swiss paper and the Globe, which from further investigating, were the originators of this "breaking news".

I was unable to determine which agency had actually "broken" this news story first, as I was unable to locate the Swiss article due to language barriers. If anyone can locate the Swiss news article and interpret it, I would appreciate any help. I first asked for this assistance in this post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It appears that the Enquirer may have jumped on the story, including the offering of 1 million dollars, because they had been the first to bring the story to the forefront several years before, and perhaps hoped the offer of the money would bring the video and source to them for the want of money.

There were also claims made of emails between Vera and the president having recently been found, as well.

If anyone has the complete text of the *original* article, I would appreciate it if you could post it to the thread for documentation purposes.

This is one of the first revisions, I believe:

PRESIDENT OBAMA has been caught in a shocking cheating scandal after being caught in a Washington, DC Hotel with a former campaign aide, sources say.

And now, a hush-hush security video that shows everything could topple both Obama's presidency and marriage to Michelle!

A confidential investigation has learned that Obama first became close to gorgeous 35 year-old VERA BAKER in 2004 when she worked tirelessly to get him elected to the US Senate, raising millions in campaign contributions.

While Baker has insisted in the past that "nothing happened" between them, the ENQUIRER has learned that top anti-Obama operatives are offering more than $1 million to witnesses to reveal what they know about the alleged hush-hush affair.

Among those being offered money is a limo driver who says that he took Vera to a secret hotel rendezvous where the President was staying.

On the condition of anonymity, the limo driver said he took Baker "from a friend's home in the DC area to the Hotel George where I learned later that Obama would be spending the night."

The driver recalled that he "waited in the lobby while she went to change her outfit.

"But to the best of my knowledge she did not have a room at the hotel and she was not staying there so I thought that it was a bit odd."

The driver said he then picked up Obama at the airport and drove both he and Baker to various locations while he was campaigning for funds. Vera accompanied him to each meeting.

"About 10:30 PM, I drove them to the hotel and they went in together!"

"My services for the evening were done - and there was no indication she was going to leave the hotel that night."

A top DC source told The ENQUIRER exclusively that the driver's account had been independently corroborated by investigators who believe the couple spent the night together at the hotel.

The ENQUIRER has also learned that on-site hotel surveillance video camera footage could provide indisputable evidence.

"Investigators are attempting to obtain a tape from the hotel (that) shows Vera and Barack together," the DC insider confided.

"If the tape surfaces, it will explode the scandal."

This text was posted at 04/30/2010 10:27:32 PM PDT on a forum.

and here is another snippet referencing the Enquirer original text:

And, the National Enquirer has taken the lead in going with Le Matin, the Swiss Newspaper that revived its claim of Obama Cheating scandal with Vera Baker. Going in line with Le Matin, the National Enquirer has given the scandal a front

page coverage in its latest issue describing that President Obama is engulfed by a cheating scandal for being caught with a political aide in a Washington DC, hotel. The National Enquirer goes further claiming the presence of a hush-hush security surveillance video that proves the scandal.

While reporting Obama cheating scandal, it seems National Enquirer has gone too far (Well if Globe has pushed it then it’s OK). If the cheating scandal proved correct, the National Enquirer would touch new heights of readership but if the cheating scandal proved a false fabrication then —

www.buzztab.com...

It still remains at hand if/where there is/was a video, and where it has been for all these years. I would seriously doubt that any hotel would make any effort to keep security videos past whatever they are required to by law, unless the video was stolen/obtained as far back as when this allegedly happened.

If that is the case, then this does reek of being a "timed release", and it would prompt one to look much further beneath the cover story to find out why.

As I stated in a previous post, any newly surfacing video should be *highly* scrutinized.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I ran across this story as well, claiming the Enquirer has made a retraction of the story:

www.mediaite.com...

by Frances Martel | 4:37 pm, May 1st, 2010

The National Enquirer, which published a report this morning that “investigators are attempting to obtain a tape” that proved an illicit rendezvous between President Barack Obama and former US Senate campaign staffer Vera Baker, has updated their story this afternoon to retract the claim that there is video evidence of the affair with the alleged testimony of an anonymous chauffeur.

I am only capturing part of the article, you can read the rest at the link, however, I did save it for personal reference this time!

This article, too, is very misleading, as no retraction has been printed. However, the original text of the National Enquirer story has changed dramatically, showing multiple revisions throughout the day.

As I stated in a previous post, without the video, this is a non-story. I am quite aware that many people in the thread have also stated that, and I am not going to reply to each one individually just to say I agree, and did state that in my earlier posts.

Several people have also been asking the right questions, as well.

1. Where has this alleged video been? Original claims by the Enquirer as well as the globe and Le Matin have not been ambiguous whatsoever in making claims it existed. (Again, if anyone can locate the Swiss article, your help would be greatly appreciated!)

2. Where are these alleged recent emails between Vera Baker and the president? How would one go about obtaining these? Do we have another Sarah Palin hacker story in the making?

3. As I had also stated in my OP, it is a well known fact by conspoiracy theorists that papers like the Enquirer are used for disinformation pruposes. What could be the underlying story they are trying to detract from?

4. Why, after having gone so far as to attempting to go for a Pulitzer, would the Enquirer hang their necks out like this, to become a probable laughing stock *again*? (Note, I never once made the claim they were legitimate, only that they appeared to be *trying* to be)

As I alluded to in my post preceeding this one, it looks like the "re-breakers" of the story are this Swiss media outlet, and the Globe. The only Globe link is a teaser headline, and I am *certainly* not paying for an account to read this, but here is the link:

Barack Obama was caught in a Washington, D.C., hotel with a beautiful political aide sparking a shocking cheating scandal! In a blockbuster world exclusive, an eyewitness and political insiders bare all the sensational details that are threatening the presidency. It's must reading for every American!

www.globemagazine.com...

Now, since it seems the originator of the news story back in 2008 was the National Enquirer, they were actually latecomers to this news party, jumping onto the back of the bandwagon.

From how it *appears*, the Enquirer seemingly had a knee-jerk reaction to these other agencies honing in on their news story, and jumped up screaming they would pay anyone with information 1 million dollars. Was this in hopes of perhaps swaying these unnamed sources to their side, providing them the juicy details for pay? I am certain that whoever has provided information has certainly been compensated, but did the Enquirer hope it was less than a cool mill?

I absolutely love watching the media in play, and this is a popcorn event IMO! Not for the basis of the story itself, but in the way these media organizations are battling with each other, and even appearing to be willing to put their reputations on the line for what could pan out to be... nothing.

The Globe, meh they have nothing to lose really, they have always had a worse reputation that the Enquirer. The Swiss paper, not sure about them. But I do question the motivation to risk basically "losing it all" on behalf of the Enquirer.

I also am finding it rather fascinating from a conspiracy theorist point of view, and am almost waiting for the "show to drop" on this one, or, what is this really a cover story/distraction for?

Or, was it all just a bad move on the Enquirer's part, leading them once again down the rabbit's hole, perhaps this time unrecoverably?

Let me know your thoughts!

Oh, and political trolls, I won't respond to you, other than to ask, please go away.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
This is very likely the saddest thread I've seen on this website. Ever.

Can't find enough reason to trash the President? They're all over the forums concerning one subject or another. They weren't nasty enough for you?

Then just make something up. Pretend like he cheated on his wife, and then go about with all the imaginings, slander, libel, and calumny you can conjure up. Right from your dirty little mind. For amusement. Because you hate him. Since when does integrity matter? Or the truth?

You're not even trying to investigate to see whether or not the rumor has merit. You're just fantasizing that it is true, and some of you seem to be getting some kind of perverted satisfaction from the thought of it.

How childish, and beneath this website's dignity.

If this is aimed at me, you are telling a blatant outright falsehood. I have posted several investigative articles, and have continued to do so as this story unfolds. I have intentionally not responded to the political hacks and trolls, as I have no interest in fanning political flames.

I am taking a deep interest in the media standpoint of this, as is readilly apparent in my postings, if you had read them.

If this is not directed at me, as much as it seems to be, please do not take my comments personally, but I simply refuse to let what appears to be an attack on me that is so blatantly false as this.

I have asked for help several times, only to have people respond with knee-jerk political party one sidedness.

If this is how it is, then I will place you into that pool of responders, and not bother to reply to you again.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
The world is taking away homes, ignoring education and starting/perpetuating wars...

...and we care why if the President has an affair...or not?!?!

Sometimes I think we deserve this reality...

No, I do however care if this is the media we are going to be left with!

I have stated several times in this thread that the media is, and has been faltering terribly in their investigative journalism. I have asked the question *several* times, is this is what we are left with?

And above all, I would have expected that as a moderator, you would have read what I have written, instead of fanning the political flames. I am deeply disappointed. Really, I am.

I have asked several good questions that you, and many, many others have ignored, to take this to a political divisiveness.

Can I ask you to make an example, and back away from that and actually *read* my posts? Forget the party line, just for a moment?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
If this is the lead story in this notorious tabloid, I suggest that the real story being hidden elsewhere in its pages is likely to be huge. Or that was the way it used to be in the day.

Seeing Obama in tears at the recent funeral of his friend was a very humanising moment. This kind of garbage story is not humanising in the least. Honestly, the real story is something else, and it must be enormous.

Thank you for your reply.

I am most intrigued as to the "real story" as you mention. I like to think that we are smart, intellegient people, that can think of more than one topic at a time, so I do not buy completely into the breathless panting statements "This is a distraction!!", but I do believe in cover stories, and pure disinformation tactics.

*THAT* is my interest in following this story, as well as the media aspect of it.

And to say "This kind of garbage story is not humanising in the least. ", is really not the case, as a couple of posters have pointed out the Clinton affair actually caused a spike in his approval ratings.

Perhaps that is one of the reasons why this came out now? It is a fact his approval ratings are slipping, and this could well have been an intrigue article designed to do just that.

Thanks for your thoughts.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Libertygal]

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Libertygal]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join