It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
With the greatest respect to the time the lad in Australia and the time he put into making the video I have to say I am amazed that anyone even bothered to comment.

Mythbusters have shot down in S**T virtually every hoax regarding the moon, over the last few years. Is there anything really left.

Now respected people have written books telling how its all been faked by NASA. But David Ike was respected and still is by millions.

Sorry but this lad armed with a PC plans to bring down NASA and debunk the moon landings with evidence based on footage from the moon. From NASA.

And we dont know who he is. And no one here I assume is his mate. And no one here I assume (i know i know I am assuming), but given that, we are still considering that this lad may well have done what a millions others have failed to do years ago. And thats prove the moon landings never happened.

Sorry bored of this one now. I am convinced personally we went. I wont try and convince anyone else I am justifying my opinion. We went, we landed. The other half of this site would probably point you in the direction of the buildings on the moon vid taken by armstrong also on U tube. F**k now who do we believe.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
I would not go so far as to call him a genius. Chances are he looked at a lot of threads here and looked at the best replies for each argument.

Yeah quite possibly, but the difference is he has actually done something about it, not like the majority of members here.

These videos are good and of course the content has been covered here on ATS before however, this person takes it to another level. There is no doubt in my mind that NASA is not to be trusted. If they knew of ET and other civilisatons at that time just think what they must know now after all this time, I am convinced we are heading for something HUGE!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
He is more credible that mythbuster IMO. But that's not very hard.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
He made a few mistakes in several of the videos. But they were minor and wouldn't have adversely affected his findings.

Good Job.

[edit on 5/1/2010 by JPhish]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ickylevel
He is more credible that mythbuster IMO. But that's not very hard.

Well the video he posted in the link given on this thread states that the footage was claimed to be complete and it wasnt. That he has the transcripts of the mike feeds from the guys on the moon. And they do not match up.

I totally believe that he is right about that. I mean I could get both bits of data easily enough I am sure and check that out. I wont bother because I believe him on that score. However this thread has swerved onto was it faked because his video said it was and used the flappy flag clip.

Now the theories given; static from the suit, mound of earth, or clipping the flag as he walks past, I do not know about. And that goes for most on here. To disprove those theories you have recreate all the aspects of that video shot, in a vacuum and then try and reproduce a flappy flag. I know that falls out of the budget of most on here, and so until someone does it, I think its only right to be on the fence about the lads evidence.

And as I said, who is he. Is he one of the greatest minds of the 21st century. Er I would say in all probability no but he may be. However great people have tried and failed where he is trying now. I just think its a little silly to levy such credibility at this lad. Good luck to him though he has a passion.

With regard to Myth Busters, agreed they are hardly the epitome of hard science are they lol, but the series of vids you can find on U tube regarding busting the moon landing hoax myths, I think are clear enough. The flag waving in a vacuum was obvious, no air less resistance greater momentum. Obvious. Like the guy that broke the sound barrier as he skydived from the edge of space (forget his name), no air resistance so he fell fast as hell till he hit more solid air. Only then did he slow down.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I'll wait a day or two for the OP to address my challenge, and post his absolute favorite bits of JW's 'claims'. Then I'll happily address ALL of Jarrah White's errors in those selected claims, point by painful point.

I have no intention of looking at all of his stuff - I've seen one and that was enough to make me gag at the level of incompetence.. And the vast majority of this stuff has been debunked elsewhere, most notably at sites like Clavius, Braeunig, BAUT, IMDB, ad infinitum.

Moon-hoax believers - on the off-chance that the OP never returns, perhaps if you *haven't* already said what you found most convincing, can you please do so? Later I'll go back over the thread and pick out the things that seem to have attracted the most interest. So if you have already made your point, don't bother repeating yourself.

For the sake of a good conspiracy, I dearly hope that the flag movement isn't one of the favorites, for that will be like.. fish in a barrel.

In fact, if you really like that one, may I make a small suggestion? Have a really long, hard think about the topic, Maybe even do some research and see if you can find all the errors in Jarrah's approach.

Otherwise, I'll do it....

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
It's funny how i can't comment his account. Maybe i have to be his "friend"?

Now, this videos are ridiculous. He makes false assumptions, directs his videos with his ideas figured out. We went to the moon, now there are photos that show the landing sites, the rover...

But no, conspiracy theorists will say it's just "CGI" or maybe they'll dismiss it.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Reply to post by CHRLZ

Why even waste your time. No one will listen. These people were convinced by experiments that are not even experiments. And throwing around of the word genius... Just one more thread proving how many posters are unintelligent here.

Personally what kills me most is that someone will post a thread about these videos again and we will see once again people freaking out.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
best thing to do is keep debunking this so called "geniuses".

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Laser reflector anyone?

Notice the flag only moves when someones by it and has recently just touched it?

Notice you'd have to stay in the Van Allen radiation belt for quite some time to be killed?

Notice the Soviet Union didn't blow the whistle on the hoax?

Notice different angles of shadows can be cast in different directions from one light source?

Notice the lack of stars in the background because a camera can only focus on close or far objects. Like Hubble has to wait and sit there for days staring in to space to get a picture of the heavens?

Notice the rocks brought back from the moon are still being used today to try and work out how the moon was formed?

Notice the Apollo UFO incidents?

Notice radio telescopes from around the world from different nations monitoring the Apollo missions and calculating the astronauts positions by time delay calculations through radio waves, or was Sir Patrick Moore and other great minds simply monitoring something else or perhaps they were in on it as well?

I choose to believe man went to the moon because the whole program was watched by millions and monitored officially and unoffically by enthusiasts, professionals and amateurs excited by the fact that man is going to the moon.

The US government had a hard enough time making a show with 9/11, how the hell could they make a show of the Moon whilst being watched by the whole world 50 years ago during a cold war?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by JameSimon
It's funny how i can't comment his account. Maybe i have to be his "friend"?

Now, this videos are ridiculous. He makes false assumptions, directs his videos with his ideas figured out. We went to the moon, now there are photos that show the landing sites, the rover...

But no, conspiracy theorists will say it's just "CGI" or maybe they'll dismiss it.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, and was going to make the same point about photo's as you, but when you think about it, non-manned craft have landed on the moon, which feasibly means they could leave the "landing site material", mirrors and rovers remotely, we have photo's of the Rovers we placed on Mars, doesn't mean we've been there. Photo's of footprints on the moon, taken from either earth or satellite, today, which can be matched up identically to the footprint trails shown by NASA with the astronauts in picture frame from the time, would be, I think, undeniable proof to me that we went there. I just don't know myself, I'd like to think that we did.

"But no, conspiracy theorists will say it's just "CGI" or maybe they'll dismiss it.",....... your right there, hardcore conspiracy theorists are a real tough nut to crack, even when presented with good, sound evidence, they seem to generally dismiss things that contradict their assumptions and beliefs at a whim!

The world is a crazy place, full of looneys(us) who are conditioned by them (Media), who openly spout their propaganda for the Man (Governments) whoever is in favour today! We are now told what to say and when to say it. I think the moonlandings, whether real or not, were a smack in the face to Russia, which is really the main reason for this project, and what the USA wanted, it was a "Space Race" after all, and there had to be a winner! Billions spent on Space Missions, while we watch people dying of hunger, thirst and curable disease, in our own back yard! It can't be right., Space discovery or human life, I know which one I would choose.

When we put our own house in order I think then, and only then do we deserve to explore our amazing and incredible Universe! But hey, what do I know............???? lol?

Peace

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sambuka
There are /have been many Moon Hoax stories..and yes many of the ideas put forward have been quite interesting.

My opinion however is that....there are two questions to be answered.

1. Did we go to the moon?
2. Was the video footage that we were shown genuine?

The answer to question 1 is, Yes it is my belief that we went to the moon, or I would like to believe that it was so.

The answer to question 2 is, no what we were shown wasn't genuine.

Seems like this post went by unnoticed by a lot of people, still it is the smartest thing said in this thread so far.

Do I believe that the Great Space Race resulted in that NASA made several successful Moon landings? Yes I do.

Do I also believe that NASA realized that images sent back from the Moon would be bad quality in most cases, and therefore decided to - in pure Hollywood style - improve on the finished result, because an image says more than a thousand words? Yes I do.

And why is it that a lot of Astronauts have a hard time remembering details from the Moon landings, the most intense moments in their lives? Perhaps because giving out too many details about it could compromise the fake studio shots?

Just because you question a set of obviously fake film sequences and photographs doesn't mean you have to question the Moon landing missions, just NASA's general credibility.

That's where Jarrah White goes wrong IMO, but I could be wrong too.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
To "JameSimon" - No, he won't allow any debate on his videos. He also doesn't seem to like forums, where his claims are up for public scrutiny and real debate. Guess why.

Has 'Jarrah' ever posted here? Either way, may I offer another direct challenge...

Jarrah White, come on over to ATS and debate your claims.

Bring all your scientific, astronomy, physics, optics, lighting and logic skills with you...

To "A Novel" - It's all good. At some point, the wider community wakes up to people like Jarrah, and his only remaining audience are trolls, sockpuppets and the naive or uninformed, or the 'desperate-to-believe-no-matter-what'.

It's actually been quite interesting to note that apart from the odd flutter of activity when someone like the OP does a bit of marketing for the Apollo deniers, that the cause is clearly waning. The last five years has seen a definite decline in the posting levels on this topic.

I think a good part of that is because the Internet not only allows people to see the denial sites, it also encourages them to look a little wider...
- that means they can find sites like Clavius and Braeunig.
- they can access the enormous amount of openly available documentation and imagery (the Apollo project must be the most open project I have EVER seen).
- they can look at the images from LRO (& Jaxa/Selene/Kaguya etc..) missions that are now mapping the moon at very high resolutions, and the wonderful, *exact* matches of imagery, be it overhead views of the landers, and all the tracks and experiment sites, or the perfect 3D terrain matches.

So despite little hiccup threads like this, it's pretty much over.

There will always be hangers on. There will always be those who think they can make a buck or two out of it, or just gain some fame (infamy).

But that's just the nature of things...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Im impressed the kid have the energy to do this.

I believe they were faked as well, but I dont have the energy to research it the way this guy does, not to mention arguing with so many people who believe NASA is telling the truth.

I hope he keeps it up, but most likely he will get tired of fighting the establishment after a while. I certainly dont think coming to ATS is a good move unless he wants to spend his time fighting a never ending battle with the forum posters. That time is better spent investigating the moon landings further. Arguing for something here is useless.

Anyway, the reasons for not going to the moon are interesting. Have humans been warned off? Is the moon not what we think it is? Food for thought.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrddin Wyllt

Great post man, we have different ways of thinking but you get my full respect. I'm a believer that we went to the moon, and some recent photos are proof. Now, is NASA telling everything they saw up there (and on mars)? Thats another subject.

one other thing. People oftenly talk about technology constrictions in 1968, but lets not forget that NASA is SEVERAL YEARS more advanced than us, mortals. And, after bringing tons (me thinks) of rocks from up there, what could we do? Yearly trips to prove that "we just can"? No.

Cheers

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
reply to post by WWu777

on the flag waving video you linked to, in his first experiment, he assumes that a statically charged balloon in normal atmosphere and gravity will have the exact same effect on a flag as a statically charged astronaut in a low gravity near vacuum.

the video footage he is discussing when he does this is really interesting but i'll need a really good reason to take him seriously after that.

Either you do not understand physics or you are completely ignorant to how molecules int he air work. His video with the balloon and static electricity is actually quite good. On the moon there is no atmosphere and NO MOLECULES in the air. the electrical charge of the balloon on earth HAS MORE effect on the flag than if in the vacuum of space SO IT SHOULD have moved the flag. The austronaut COULD NOT have had static electricity on his suit and it would not have mattered anyway, there are NO AIR MOLECULES for the static electricity to work with IN SPACE.

And it is obvoious how far away from it he was when trotting by, just close enough to cause disturbance BECAUSE the AUSTRONAUT IS ON EARTH!!!

Love it when people can't comprehend the related materials.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

The moon is what we think it is, a giant rock. And it is a redistibution of the wealth that TPTB are after. The Elite steal our natural resources to line their pockets and then tax the crap out of us so they can play with these technological toys that WE manufacture for them. It is a sad day when people support this BS without knowing the truth of the matter.

Very sad day indeed.

When will we get OUR natural resources back and compensation in gold and silver for our labor? I think never, as long as most are ignorant to the fact that "money" has no value. It seems our lives don't either when it comes to TPTB, but that is for another thread.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
[qoute]
To "JameSimon" - No, he won't allow any debate on his videos. He also doesn't seem to like forums, where his claims are up for public scrutiny and real debate. Guess why
[/qoute]

Does not allow debate ? have you seen the video's ? he's constantly debating debunkers and is proving them "wrong" to the best of his abilities.

I'm sorry for him that he has to be busy doing that all the time, it keeps him from the main theme of his investigation. Then people go along and say he's not on forums and stuff, you think he can bent space time en make it in to time space? so that he has every time in the world to debate everything and debunk everyone who says he's wrong? Please think for a moment that a man can only do so much in a certain amount of time.

Even in the vid's posted in the OP are comments that he made on comments on his vid's by watchers and people whom make vid's themselves about the moon landings and say that they are real.

And did you notice that he admits he is wrong sometimes and corrects those wrongs in later video's? Look at the trolls that comment on his video's they stick with there claims no matter what, is that something a honest man would do? or for your own sake of credibility would you sometimes except you are wrong and move on as one mistake does not justify as proof for a debunk.

And then people go on saying that just because he is not on ATS or other forums that that's the reason why he's a fraud because once on ATS he will be debunked in an instant and can't hold up his claims for even a minute?

Listen to what you are saying!, you ownly asume, and some say i don't need to look at the rest of the video's because i'ts sooo wrong... jezus. He puts in years to this investigation, you look at a couple of video's and that's it...there goes his so called credibility?

Watch everything then go and make you claims about his work.

All I here on ATS is that conspiracies are not real, and the moon landing did happen because they believe it did... That's your believe, let this man do his work as he believes something is wrong with this whole moon footage stuff and the pictures.

It's not like he's stealing everyones money like those bogus faithhealers that have been proven to be a fraud even by james randy. And some of them just go at it after 2 years under a different name like nothing really happend.

Watch everything, and if anyone with the intelligence in space exploration physics that can truly provide evidence that his claims and findings are false than do that.

People saying: This has been going on for so long now, and everyone who tried to debunk the moon landing as a hoax has failed.

Look at 9/11 pictures at the springcharge evidence of the structure where one pole is cut off just as they do in professional guided demolition....

You don't even have to bring in to it the no plain theory or the plane had a missle on it or what ever.

You only need the statements made by the media and president, and look at the picture of the pole that was cut just like it was a controlled demolition and it's proof enough that something is not right....but they always get away with it because we don't let people do there jobs..

my 2 cents

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
having watched a couple of the videos, i must say his arguments are fairly weak with regard to scientific rigor. As a proffesional scientist myself (PhD) this stuff just doesnt cut it. The guys at NASA are probably toying with him. I would be too

Great for trying though. I am all for the idea of a faked moon mission. I am just a bit baffled as to why this thread has so many flags. Kind of reminds me of a couple of movies on IMDB where they got fake users to prop up the ratings. Date Movie comes to mind LOL

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

Your above post is interesting and funny. Russia spent 500% more time in space than The U.S.A. and they did not even attempt to go to the moon, WHY?

Because we can't get there safely. Do the math. The moon is alleged to have one sixth gravity of earth. If you are flying at 17,000 miles an hour or faster to get there in three days, then you have to slow down and try and get into the gravitational orbit of the moon, what happens if something goes wrong, and there is a 99.99% chance it will? It would be so long.

Did you see how that Mars rover IMPACTED and BOUNCED when it landed or collided with Mars? Imagine that happening on the moon, would you want to be inside a capsule taking that chance? Not me.

And then there is the Van Allen belts. No one has been through them or near them other than the 2003 shuttle mission at 350 miles up, and they freaked out about the radioactive isotopes that were passing through their closed eyes!!!! That was very dangerous for them to be at that altitude for ANY period of time. Imagine the hour and a half it would take to get through those belts of radiation. What would that do to you? And they suffered nothing and it was never talked about? Go figure.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join