It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Aussie genius whipping NASA in Moon Hoax Debate!

page: 625
<< 622  623  624    626  627  628 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

Originally posted by Ove38

No, The Apollo Lunar Module "formerly entered the Museum’s care in 1977"
Before that it was at the Pinewood film Studios, where it was made, right ?

It wasn't made for a James Bond movie. It was made for the 1969 Apollo 11 movie

Do please try to keep up, and enhance reading comprehension:

(FROM the London Museum's e-mail correspondence of 26th October, 2011)----

"....Westbury Design and Optical Ltd, indicates that this object was built specifically at the request of the Museum and for display purposes only....."

The Westbury Design and Optical Ltd (Cliff Culley) is trying to cover up the true story.
The Apollo 11 Lunar Module was made at the Pinewood film Studios for the 1969 Apollo 11 movie.
Later in 1977 it was transferred to the museum.

What the Westbury Design and Optical Ltd at Pinewood film Studios "indicates" is of no value, they worked for NASA.

edit on 26-10-2011 by Ove38 because: edit text

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ove38

The Westbury Design and Optical Ltd (Cliff Culley) is trying to cover up the true story.
The Apollo 11 Lunar Module was made at the Pinewood film Studios for the 1969 Apollo 11 movie.

No matter how many times you repeat yourself, it doesn't make it true. Why not simply threaten to hold your breath until you turn blue. It would be an equally effect debate technique.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I've often heard Moon Hoax Conspiracy Theorist argue that the reason that the moon hoax has been kept so secret for so long, was the fact that only a small inner circle of high ranking NASA employees were kept in the loop.

But If what you have posted holds any truth whatsoever.......then NASA also let Pinewood and all their employees from the bosses to the cleaners, The Westbury Design and Optical Ltd and London Museum of Science in on the secret ......as well as the US military who flew Buzz and Neil over to London.
Seems to me that's an awful lot of outside parties and their respective employees for NASA to entrust for such a big sensitive secret.......don't you think?

edit on 26-10-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

[

Based on what evidence please?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Sober up,

Why would a Special Optical Effects company make a Apollo Lunar Module ?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ove38

They didn't make a lander - they made a replica - a model.

And they did it because part of special effects of the time was model making, so naturally if you wanted a really good model - such as one for public display - that's who you went to - as the museum obviously realised even if you don't.

the company was founded by Cliff Culley who was a long time employee at Pinewood Studios and worked on a lot of movies of the era, and also made some of the Daleks for Dr Who
edit on 26-10-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

What the Westbury Design and Optical Ltd at Pinewood film Studios "indicates" is of no value, they worked for NASA.

And another thing Ove........the best way for criminals and fraudsters to cover their tracks and not be found out is to get rid of any incriminating evidence.

So bearing that in mind.......why did NASA let the "Fake" Apollo Lunar module simply sit at Pinewood studios for 8 years...........instead of dismantling the Lunar module and disposing of any shred of evidence of fakery?......I'm sure NASA wasn't THAT dumb!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ove38

Ok. You make a claim. Now prove it or shut up.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Tell us Ove, what does Westbury Design and Optical Ltd, specialize in?
What I found about WD is that they specialize in Matte Paintings.
You know what you use matte paintings for?

A matte painting is a painted representation of a landscape, set, or distant location that allows filmmakers to create the illusion of an environment that would otherwise be too expensive or impossible to build or visit. Historically, matte painters and film technicians have used various techniques to combine a matte-painted image with live-action footage. At its best, depending on the skill levels of the artists and technicians, the effect is "seamless" and creates environments that would otherwise be impossible to film.

en.wikipedia.org...

1963. Cliff Culley head of matte department at Pinewood, with Roy Filed supervising optical effects.
Begun his James Bond series, painting mattes for"From Russia with love"
At middle sixties, Charles Stoneham joins Pinewood matte department,trained by Cliff Culley.

1964. After his well-regarded work in “Doctor Strangelove”,Alan Maley joins Disney Studio in America .

1967 John Mackey, Les Bowie and Bob Cuff formed a Abacus Productions to make T.V. commercials. (Les Bowie didn´t want to be involved with commercials and acted as sleeping partner, renting his premises and equipment to the offshoot company).
- Wally Veevers leaves Shepperton to work on "2001" along with Brian Loftus
- Doug Ferris, Gerald Larn, Peter Harman and John Grant remain at Shepperton working on films like
"Dance of the Vampires"

1968- Abacus were invited by Carl Foreman and his designer Geoffrey Drake to carry out painted mattes and other works for “McKenna’s Gold”.
The painting was shared between Ray Caple, Bob Cuff, Lynette Lee, and Joy Seddon, who joined Abacus as
a matte artist, having previously been working with Stanley Kubric on 2001.
They also did various model shots and some pickups, employing a fair number of technicians, including
Brian Loftus, Brian Johnson and others.
Bob´s son Paul Cuff worked as Matte Process cameraman and married Joy Seddon, now Joy Cuff.

1975. Cliff Culley left Pinewood, and create his own company Westbury Design and Optical. He provide mattes for"The pink panther strikes again"

Also, imagine the costs for building a full scale replica of the LM.
How would did this museum pay for it? Why didnt they just ask NASA for one of their prop LMs they used during training? Who in the Museum came up with the idea, and got commissioned for it

Can you imagine, NASA and it contractors sending specs of a their space vehicles just to make a replica back in the early 70's right after their last mission? Weren't these documents still classified? What about the bureaucracy?

Maybe they used the LM for this film?

No... not quite.

www.galeon.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Meanwhile, due to a lack of space at the BBC a company called Westbury Design and Optical Limited was contracted by the BBC to store and renovate the TARDIS console as well as deal with Dalek requirements. This company belonged to Clifford Culley who became the man primarily responsible for the visual effects work on Planet of the Daleks.....

Having been returned from the Lord Mayor's Show, Dalek Six-7 was available to Cliff Culley and his team for measurement. They would make every effort to faithfully 'clone' the standard Shawcraft appearance, and in doing so the head of Dalek Six-7 was sacrificed for molding purposes....

The new Westbury Design props were given fully-articulated limbs so that they could all be posed differently, and in most respects they were very accurate replicas. There were small differences however: The eye-pivots were barely visible above the dome, and the new neck rods were made of a single round piece of wood rather than the 'clover-leaf' style....

www.dalek6388.co.uk...

If it's good enough for the Doctor... Incidentally, I remember visiting a "Doctor Who" exhibit at the London Science Museum in 1976, in which Daleks and the TARDIS console featured prominently. Coincidence? I think not. (As an aside, I recall one meter on the TARDIS dashboard measured "Mega-Whams!")

Also, imagine the costs for building a full scale replica of the LM.
How would did this museum pay for it? Why didnt they just ask NASA for one of their prop LMs they used during training? Who in the Museum came up with the idea, and got commissioned for it

They probably used plywood for the parts that didn't show. It's just a big Airfix model, not an actual spacecraft. It probably wasn't all that expensive. Why do you assume someone other than the contractor got a commission.

Can you imagine, NASA and it contractors sending specs of a their space vehicles just to make a replica back in the early 70's right after their last mission? Weren't these documents still classified? What about the bureaucracy?

Of course they weren't classified. They were used to create scale model kits by Airfix and Revell.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM

A matte painting is a painted representation of a landscape, set, or distant location that allows filmmakers to create the illusion of an environment that would otherwise be too expensive or impossible to build or visit. Historically, matte painters and film technicians have used various techniques to combine a matte-painted image with live-action footage. At its best, depending on the skill levels of the artists and technicians, the effect is "seamless" and creates environments that would otherwise be impossible to film.

en.wikipedia.org...

Well done Foos......I applaud you for that piece of research......but now that you've settled the matter with that bombshell............can you please tell me your thoughts on Jarrah's claim that NASA allowed the Challenger shuttle to blow up in order to silence Christa McAuliffe.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Well done Foos......I applaud you for that piece of research......but now that you've settled the matter with that bombshell............can you please tell me your thoughts on Jarrah's claim that NASA allowed the Challenger shuttle to blow up in order to silence Christa McAuliffe.

Im still waiting for that information regarding van Allen.
You seem capable of research, so I dont understand whats taking so long.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

That old chestnut.....I already told you I could find none (direct quotes regarding shielding)......but If you have one.....which you claimed was "easy" to find.....then post it.

In any case stop skirting the issues regarding Jarrah's claim on Challenger.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

And another thing Ove........the best way for criminals and fraudsters to cover their tracks and not be found out is to get rid of any incriminating evidence.

So bearing that in mind.......why did NASA let the "Fake" Apollo Lunar module simply sit at Pinewood studios for 8 years...........instead of dismantling the Lunar module and disposing of any shred of evidence of fakery?......I'm sure NASA wasn't THAT dumb!

Yes, so bearing in mind that the best way for criminals and fraudsters to cover their tracks and not be found out is to get rid of any incriminating evidence:

700 TELEMETRY TAPES, missing since at least 1984, presumed to be recycled for other uses;

edit on 10/26/2011 by SayonaraJupiter because: pic

edit on 10/26/2011 by SayonaraJupiter because: xxx

edit on 10/26/2011 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Yes really suspicious NOT! they didn't get rid of them the day after the missions did they, you guys will clutch at any straw for HOPE!

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

If I was hoaxing a moon landing between 1969-1972 I'd definitely wipe the 700 BOXES and 3500 TELEMETRY TAPES.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

As has been pointed to you, in this thread countless times.....

All the important and pertinent data from those tapes was recorded in hard copy, then cataloged and stored for posterity. And, seventeen hours of an Astronaut's EKG readings while on a space mission are hardly worth *keeping*.

Scraping bottom again.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

That old chestnut.....I already told you I could find none (direct quotes regarding shielding)......but If you have one.....which you claimed was "easy" to find.....then post it.

In any case stop skirting the issues regarding Jarrah's claim on Challenger.

Sorry, dont know what you are talking about.
Havent looked into Challenger because its not Apollo.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

If I did an experiment of landing 6 landers on the Moon and NASA asked ME to supply the telemetry data and I told them that I had lost ALL the 700 boxes of 3,500 telemetry tapes ....

well, WELL?

edit on 10/27/2011 by SayonaraJupiter because: pic++

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
If the Russians had won the space race... They have pictures of landing on the Moon, they have moon rocks, they have the testimony of the Cosmonauts... but they lost or deleted the telemetry tapes.

Would anyone believe the Russians?

top topics

<< 622  623  624    626  627  628 >>

join