It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Lawmaker to Introduce Anti-Immigration Bill

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
This makes me ashamed of being from Texas, I can't believe people on AboveTopSecret are all in favor of a law that gives police officers the right to demand papers if THEY suspect you are an illegal.

It's funny the economy is still tanking, the debt of the country is rising faster than ever, we've got massive health care reforms going on, jobs are being lost....but right now the hot issue that everyone is focused on is...voila!! Illegal immigrants!

After all we do need a group of people to blame our problems on! Sorry Hispanics or brown skinned people. Shall we just force anyone who is brown skinned to wear a brown star of david on their sleeve?

Yup, I also have this feeling it is going to star a race war. Is it me or does it seem like the majority like to start some type of race war?

[edit on 29-4-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by XNeMeSis21
This bill will never pass after Arizona gets what it deserves for passing this racist anti hispanic law. I fully support the massive boycott Arizona is about to receive. I'm a natural born citizen and just because of this stupid law I'm going to get pull over now and asked for my documents because I'm brown skinned forget that.
I don't support racial profiling againts anyone I'm sorry.
[edit on 29-4-2010 by XNeMeSis21]

I'm sorry, I can't seem to find the part of this bill that targets only "hispanics". here's a part that I did find: Whereas, Senate Bill 1070 prohibits law enforcement or agency of this state or a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state from solely concidering race, color or national orgin in implementing Senate Bill 1070 except to the extent permitted by the United States or Arizona Constitution.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatwasthat
reply to post by Wolftotem

To Wolftotem,

addendum

The Texas voter registration card on close inspection has the iron clad physical identification data of gender and birthday.

I guess I only have to be concerned if an old geezer tries to use mine.

Hee, hee....no harm, no foul.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The problem lies in the Legal system, I went to take care of a ticket I recieved just yesterday, and when I walk in. Someone comes up to me, and then the person says,one minute someone will be with you. And goes over and starts speaking spanish to another man that walked in behind me. The other lady in the office finally made her way over to me, and took carfe of my issue. When I left the man and the woman that first helped me were still blabbing away about his insurance in yes you got it .. SPANISH. They cater to them, most entrpeneurs do cater to them, because they pay in cash, and they pay on time. Which if any of you know most people do not these days. None the less, we have created our own mess. Don't point your fingers at the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, when 50% of the fault is at your local CITY HALLS, mainly larger cities.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Here is what I do not understand from those who are objecting to having to show identification to the police
If you are stopped by the police, most of the time they want to see some form of ID to verify your idenity or you can be detained.

You are incorrect.

The only time a police officer can detain you is if you match the description of a crime suspect thought to be in the area.

If you're at the mall, walking around, a cop can NOT ask you for ID. You don't have to carry identification with you (other than a driver's license - but ONLY when you're driving). The officer may detain you if he has probable cause (you match the description of a crime suspect, for instance).

Thankfully, we do not live in a fascist country...though too many people seem fine with that idea so long as they're "safe."

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

This bill will never pass after Arizona gets what it deserves for passing this racist anti hispanic law. I fully support the massive boycott Arizona is about to receive. I'm a natural born citizen and just because of this stupid law I'm going to get pull over now and asked for my documents because I'm brown skinned forget that.

I'm sorry, I can't seem to find the part of this bill that targets only "hispanics". here's a part that I did find: Whereas, Senate Bill 1070 prohibits law enforcement or agency of this state or a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state from solely concidering race, color or national orgin in implementing Senate Bill 1070 except to the extent permitted by the United States or Arizona Constitution.

How many Caucasians do you think will be stopped and asked for citizenship/immigration papers?

Wait...that's actually a good idea. Stop ALL people and ask for their papers. Then, when the realization comes that this law doesn't only apply to "those" people - when white people are being hassled and detained for not having proper identification, we will see a quick repeal of this law.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
l
All went inside to get money orders
and envelopes. Each one of them
packed money orders worth about $300
or more into envelopes and mailed it back
to their families in Mexico.

Now tell me how this helps America's
economy again ???

If American businesses/citizens refused to hire illegal aliens, you would not see this. As long as someone in America is willing to hire illegal aliens, this will continue to happen.

As American jobs left this country, they were replaced with service sector jobs, creating a situation ripe for hiring ia. This in turn spawned an increase in services such as pay day loan offices and money wire services.

Also...

The Nebraska Beef and Tyson smuggling cases could offer an alternative to the conventional portrait of undocumented immigrants evading border patrols to take jobs away from American citizens. A more accurate picture, says Greg Denier of the United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW), would highlight the ways U.S. companies encourage and often pay hiring agents and transportation companies on the border to publicize—through radio advertisements, leaflets and local newspapers—the availability of U.S. jobs.

source

To answer the question, hiring ia has been good for employers but not for employees.

Another question, if every ia were to disappear tomorrow, would American workers be willing to put up with the low wages and working conditions?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I think the Texas Legislature is only convened twice a year. Anymore and they could pose a threat to individual liberty.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

Mexico is filled with Mexicans not Caucasians. Your tired, racist arguments are no longer working...especially when the citizens and LEGAL residents are suffering. No one care what color you are.

The shrill cries of racism are going to be heard by communists all over the country in an effort to incite violence against LEGAL residents and citizens. It's sad, and antiquated, and unenlightened. Just another scam so the elite cam take more power and more wealth from individual citizens. Even the illegal aliens will lose out.

Communism bad. Constitution Good.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
reply to post by mothershipzeta

Mexico is filled with Mexicans not Caucasians. Your tired, racist arguments are no longer working...especially when the citizens and LEGAL residents are suffering. No one care what color you are.

Actually there are quite a number of Mexicans out there who have blond hair and blue eyes. I've ran into a few. Not saying I support mothershipzeta's argument though.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I am not sure what to think. Will a law which permits law enforcement to ask for "papers" precipitate Communism? Probably not. Can this power be abused? Sure. Can it help? Sure. Will it be controversial? Without a doubt. Is it racist? I am not sure.

If no draw for illegals to be here (employment and a drug market) existed, the problem would not be as severe as it is. Drugs are already against the law. There are already laws which prohibit employers from hiring illegals. Yet, try and find a state without businesses’ that don't have a pile of cheap labor. It is the poor businessman's version of outsourcing labor overseas. So why are we passing yet more laws? Why not enforce what we have?

Some may feel this is draconian but I have been called worse. For the ones coming over looking for work, let's put them to work. They can work putting more secure border facilities in place. I did not say "fence" and of course we would pay them. It has to be far cheaper than a Defense rapist, er, Contractor, right? Are not our local municipalities in need of infrastructure work? Our freeways? Our National Parks? Sort of a Migrant Public Works deal. Instead of benefitting just one employer at the expense of the taxpayer, the taxpayer is receiving a return and we are being more humanitarian helping Mexicans out before we send them back to Mexico.

For the drug smugglers/criminals/non-state players that solution is not appropriate. I am still working on that one...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
Any and all illegals who commit crimes should be taken the shortest route back across the border.

I totally agree.

And since they are illegal, well then by definition they are committing a crime, so they should all be taken back across the border.

Great idea!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta
How do you tell the difference?

So, you're OK with hassling legal immigrants and citizens, possibly arresting them if they don't have adequate proof of citizenship or immigration status, just so you can get those illegal aliens?

Here's an idea: crack down on employers who give illegal aliens jobs, and you'll see the problem disappear.

See here you have a bit of a problem. Given your idea of cracking down on employers who give illegal aliens jobs, one would first have to prove there are illegal aliens employed there. Without being able to ask for identification from possible legal citizens, just to get to the illegal aliens, well, hmm...

I'll ask your question:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloist

So, you're OK with hassling legal immigrants and citizens, possibly arresting them if they don't have adequate proof of citizenship or immigration status, just so you can get those illegal aliens?

Here's an idea: crack down on employers who give illegal aliens jobs, and you'll see the problem disappear.

See here you have a bit of a problem. Given your idea of cracking down on employers who give illegal aliens jobs, one would first have to prove there are illegal aliens employed there. Without being able to ask for identification from possible legal citizens, just to get to the illegal aliens, well, hmm...

I'll ask your question:

I think they would start off by seeing who is brown and go from there.
But it's not racial profiling of course.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

How many Caucasians do you think will be stopped and asked for citizenship/immigration papers?

Wait...that's actually a good idea. Stop ALL people and ask for their papers. Then, when the realization comes that this law doesn't only apply to "those" people - when white people are being hassled and detained for not having proper identification, we will see a quick repeal of this law.

I see you did a nice job of totally missing the point on the question that this was a anti-hispanic bill. So I'll ask you, show me where in Senate Bill 1070 that it says only hispanics will be questioned? I pointed out the section in the bill that stops LEGAL residents from being stopped for no reason. This wah racism tape is getting very old and is lossing it's "gasp" factor.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romans 10:9
Amnesty will pull the rug out from under most of these movements before they gather steam.

The STEAM may drive the Amnesty. One line.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

I LIKE your idea!! Go ahead and call it a fence, Abnarty. Just as long as you don't forget the razor wire on top and trenching it down a good long ways into the ground, too.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Ok, here goes, tongue in cheek.... Why don't we quickly get a national call out for people to work the oil spill, tell them we are paying $13.00 an hour wage's, and then when all the illegal aliens come to snap up those great paying job's, we just load em up, tell them they have to go out to an island to start the clean up, and send em right across the gulf, back to good ol home again, and bang problem solved..... just a thought

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
The new Arizona law would require local and state law enforcement to question people about their immigration status - and make it a crime for immigrants to lack registration documents.

I'm sure its been said already in this thread but I had to add that the article is horribly biased in nearly every sentence. It would not be a crime for immigrants to lack registration documents. A complete distortion of the truth.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I've read the Arizona bill and there is nothing in there that allows them to randomly walk up to people and ask for their ID. They can ask for citizenship proof when they encounter people during the normal course of duty, i.e. traffic stops, if the match the description of a suspect, violation of other laws such as loitering, littering, safety code violations such as to many people in a house, etc.

And the people screaming "racial profiling" just need to stop it, if you read the bill you would clearly see that this bill does not authorize racial profiling. You need start wrapping your head around the fact that most of the illegals are from south of the border, which just happens to make them a different skin color. Nobody is losing any rights with this law, and if you are found to be illegal you get a free ride home.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join