It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Lawmaker to Introduce Anti-Immigration Bill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Originally posted by j2000
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

Well here is a newsflash for everyone. Look up HR 1499 that is being pushed thru tomorrow by both parties.

Oh really?? HR 1499 in the 109th Congress is a bill to exempt certain commercial cargo ships from harbor maintenance fees. In the 110th Congress HR 1499 is a bill to allow soldiers in a combat zone to make pension contributions. Maybe your racism clouded your eyesight. Do you people just make this -snip- up?

Try reading every THIRD word of the bill, and you will see the light.

Or bang your head into a wall for about 10 minutes. Then you'll definitely be on the same level.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

No offense but...Glenn Beck is the LAST person you should consider credible for any accurate information.

Believe me I share your sentiments.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Wack job?

Racists?

"YOU" people are very blind and insulting to your own intelligence.

I am really getting tired of this crap.
Week in, week out. Big "Changes" to sit and deal with.

You want this kind of change. Why don't you all pack up move to Puerto Rico and start your own country.
I like how this one is suppose to be.
Leave it alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
Wack job?

I wasn't talking about you. Calm down take a big deep breathe.
Nor did i call anyone a racist.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheaWolf
reply to post by kidflash2008

This has nothing to do with immigrants, this is about ILLEGAL ALIENS, the two are not interchangeable.

How do you tell the difference?

The governor who just signed the bill admits she has no idea.

So, you're OK with hassling legal immigrants and citizens, possibly arresting them if they don't have adequate proof of citizenship or immigration status, just so you can get those illegal aliens?

Here's an idea: crack down on employers who give illegal aliens jobs, and you'll see the problem disappear. But there's NO WAY the Republicans are EVER going to do something like that. That fruit isn't going to pick itself.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

If you are J walking or loitering they can ask you for your ID. That is an infraction and should you choose to do those things and get caught, expect to be asked for some form of ID. Heck, a police officer can ask you for your ID if you so much as litter!

The issue is, they are illegal. Period, end of story. This whole "you're takin my rights man!" is total nonsense. If you feel your rights are being intruded upon, blame the illegals.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I know you didn't call me a racists.
I was answering more than one at once.
It's been a long day with way too much math and Excel and my brain is fried. I am off................

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Maybe this got edited while I wasn't here, but it is HR 2499. And it is regarding adding Puerto Rico as our 51st state.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I for one, am relieved. I live in Texas and I've been waiting for this news. I would love for more states to put the pressure on the Fed. Gov. and some real "change" around the country. Now if we could just get Congress to pass term limits - maybe now is a really good time to push for this as well.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I was just packing up to move to AZ, I think I will give Texas until next year to get a State law about invaders from beyond our Southern border.

While they are at it how about a voter photo ID law, you need two forms of photo ID to use the public library but nothing to verify you are the person you say you are to vote.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
Its about time, and I have to say, its pathetic that the states even have to consider doing this. If the Federal government would do its job and enforce the border, this wouldn't be nearly the issue that it has become. Then again, we all know why they don't. Its all about votes instead of doing what is right to protect the citizens of this country.

Well maybe if the lawmakers would actually care to live close to the border, then it might become an issue with them. See how they like dealing with the TONS AND TONS of trash left behind (backpack, plastic bottles) AND MORE TRASH. They just shot a rancher down here in AZ IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD.
Dead bodies and bales of pot arent what kids are suppose to find in the desert. What more can the feds do. They have BLIMP camera's, mobile camera's, drones with camera's, guards near the physical wall here (its an UGLY METAL WALL) have to have there truck windows armored from people on the mexican side throwing rocks as big as boulders over the "WALL"
Should we make seperation with mexico like N. and S. Korea?? States better follow and get this done.

BUT.

They should allow some citenzenship classes for some of the influxed people that have been here a long time. Everytme i get on this subject i get fuming mad.... so im done ranting now

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The title of this doesn't seem correct.

It's not an anti immigrant bill.

It's an anti illegal immigrant bill.

That just goes to show you how the media is reporting this.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I can tell an illegal immigrant from a legal citizen.
The legal citizen KNOWS English. The illegal "would-be" immigrant avoids ALL interaction.
Now, if you say, a legal immigrant may not know English, I would say, YOU DON'T HAVE MUCH OF A DEFENSE, DO YOU?
Que dice?

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Stewie]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatwasthat

While they are at it how about a voter photo ID law, you need two forms of photo ID to use the public library but nothing to verify you are the person you say you are to vote.

In Texas we get voter id cards with our info on it (similar to an insurance card, including an expiration date). Should you forget your card (or lose it) then you must show a valid picture id in order to vote.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Calling it an 'anti-immigration bill' is a bit dishonest, even for the Washington Post. It's an 'anti-illegal immigration bill'. But, I suppose to liberals it's all the same. I mean why should things be muddled up with stuff like 'accuracy' or 'truth'.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
reply to post by Romans 10:9

they dont have the support or enough votes for a push on it. not only that but its an election year... its risky for both parties to support either side which is why nothing is being done. congress wants amnesty because the lobbyists want it, but the people want illegals to be deported. what do you think will happen? it just wont happen till 2011 if at all.. i can def see a battle over the 10th amedment brewing here...

First, way to go Texas!!!!! How many more states will have the nerve to join in?
Okey, now for your post. Just had a thought on your reply to the amnesty question. The Dems in congress an Senate have already proven with the health care bill that they could careless what the public wants, so I could see them trying this. But if not what if obama goes ahead with amnesty on his own with an executive order?
I see this getting very interesting in a good and bad way.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Chance321]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
One time at work I ran into someone who was an illegal immigrant from Mexico. And they spoke PERFECT English. What upset me was that we were forced to turn him loose in spite of being an illegal immigrant. I asked my boss 'why' (he was there) and he said the Border Patrol wouldn't show up for ONE illegal-immigrant. If it was a house or apartment full of them? Then yes. But otherwise we pretty much had nothing on him. (So much for being 'Texas-tough'.) If Texas cooks up a law similar to the anti-illegal-immigration law in Arizona? And passes it? It's about damn time. I can't wait.

EDIT: (**On a side-note? I'd like to see Sheriff Joe Arpaio head up Department Of Homeland Security or the Department Of Justice.)

[edit on 4/28/10 by Marked One]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I whole heartedly agree with her statement. The Federal Government has long ignored the border/illegal alien issue and now the States have decided to execute their power and authority as STATES to do something about it.

The UsA may be a melting pot of different folks, but we all understand the difference between folks coming here LEGALLY and ILLEGALLY. I'm frankly tired
of MEXICANS, SOUTH AMERICANS and others coming here without respect for our laws and our culture. Its time we put our foot down and demand they go home and apply for entry like many other legal aliens have.

This open border crap is utter non-sense in my honest opinion. If they don't like their own governments they have the power to change them just as we do, if not by the vote, then by the barrel of a gun. They need to fix their own problems at home without causing us more grief here.

The Federal Government MUST protect our BORDERS and US from invasion by foreigners. That is a requirement of the US Constitution. Allowing illegals to cross our borders and enter our homeland violates that requirement.

Its time to charge the US Government, her assigns, officers and representatives, with TREASON as they are AIDING the enemy .... illegal aliens !

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator

The UsA may be a melting pot of different folks, but we all understand the difference between folks coming here LEGALLY and ILLEGALLY. I'm frankly tired
of MEXICANS, SOUTH AMERICANS and others coming here without respect for our laws and our culture.

Not to mention people who are affiliated w/ terrorism have been getting across as well. (They pay the drug-smugglers to help them sneak across).

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
WAY TO GO TEXAS!! This is great news. Hopefully California follows next. Doing so would be the RIGHT thing for their state and its citizens.

GOOD JOB ARIZONA AND TEXAS!

Lets get it together California, you NEED to be next.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Captain_Sense]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join