It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Lawmaker to Introduce Anti-Immigration Bill

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Texas Lawmaker to Introduce Anti-Immigration Bill

www.washingtonpost.com

A Texas lawmaker says she plans to push for a law similar to Arizona's get-tough immigration measure.

San Antonio Express-News and Houston Chronicle report Wednesday that Republican Rep. Debbie Riddle of Tomball says she will introduce the measure in the January legislative session.

The new Arizona law would require local and state law enforcement to question people about their immigration status - and make it a crime for immigrants to lack registration documents.

Riddle says if the federal government did its job "Arizona wouldn't have to take this action, and neither would Texa
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.gather.com
www.gosanangelo.com
www.chron.com

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
GO TEXAS!! ive got to say, the democrats are so out of touch on this issue, all they are looking for is votes. which is sad... i bet if you polled texans on this issue you would find 70% of them want a law similar to the one arizona just passed too.. its not politically correct to break the law. i applaud Arizona for taking the intiative and now for texas too if its introduced. damn the feds for not doin their job. you know why people are protesting and crying racism, cause thats the only arguement they have. they know theyre leaving arizona and wont be coming back... whats the federal government gonna do if all 50 states pass a bill like this...??

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Hell yeah! Texas, Arizona, possibly Ohio! Looks like we finally have a trend here! Its about time the States stood up for their sovereign rights that the Fed cant be bothered to enforce.

+11 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Its about time, and I have to say, its pathetic that the states even have to consider doing this. If the Federal government would do its job and enforce the border, this wouldn't be nearly the issue that it has become. Then again, we all know why they don't. Its all about votes instead of doing what is right to protect the citizens of this country.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I just pointed this out in another thread. The Fed is not supposed to regulate State Law according to our Constitution. Our Federal Gov was formed only to protect the people from Foreign and Domestic violence and infrastructure. It is the job of the States to regulate this, even though the FG feels they should have a say.

Personally Im very happy to see this issue finally getting the time in the spotlight it has needed for so long.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I wonder how far is going to go, after all the riches families in Texas including the Bushes, love to have illegal immigrants as servants in their big states.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It looks like this is finally catching on, and legal residents have had, enough!

Other states are realizing that with what is going on in Arizona, they may get an influx and are taking that, seriously!

Illegals are already stating they are leaving AZ, so, way to go other states! We need these laws in all 50 states, despite what Obama says!

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

i think thats the main problem here, having illegal immigrants here doesnt benefit the common legal american citizen who is living frmo paycheck to paycheck. it ONLY benefits the rich guy employing them. he reaps more profits and what money the illegal gets he sends back to mexico or guatemala or honduras or wherever he/she is from. there is no doubt lobbyists in DC who lobby against any immigration reform so that they can continue to rape america of its social welfare programs. supporters have no arguement because if these people really cared, they would come her legally and then no one would challenge them. they could then be on the path to real citizenship and the american dream. they know theyre here illegally and they continue to choose that path instead of the legal one. why? its theft. whats it say when instead of working for your money you choose to essentially steal it. youd rather do the illegal way then the legal one... how can you justify that or stand up for it?

[edit on 28-4-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Amnesty will pull the rug out from under most of these movements before they gather steam.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Romans 10:9

they dont have the support or enough votes for a push on it. not only that but its an election year... its risky for both parties to support either side which is why nothing is being done. congress wants amnesty because the lobbyists want it, but the people want illegals to be deported. what do you think will happen? it just wont happen till 2011 if at all.. i can def see a battle over the 10th amedment brewing here...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

No only that but after Obama making Medicaid the biggest insurance in the nation for the poor and those that will not qualify for the mandates, this is going to further burden the tax payer in the nation, having millions in amnesty falling into our Medicaid system will raise a new wave of anger within the tax payer population

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Same garbage different day.

Enforcing the law really just pushes lots of people towards the Federal government and the courts (which won't help).

You need to fix the reason illegal immigration (a fairly recent issue) is a problem in the first place, and it has little to no correlation with the immigrants themselves.

We ignore history by increasing the need for documentation and Federal Power. Are these conservatives advocating this? They must be the weakest and most poorly formed "conservatives" I've ever heard of.

Deport em, see what happens. Shoot, let's just declare a "War on Illegal Immigration", maybe select a czar for it and everything.

Sigh, I don't know why I bother posting anymore.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Good for Texas, I hope they pass it. Maybe if enough states pass laws like this the feds will actually get off their butts and do their jobs. I wish Illinois would pass a law like this, unfortunately that's never gonna happen.

I agree with Riddle, I've been saying on another thread that the states wouldn't have to do this if the feds did their jobs by securing our borders and enforcing our immigration laws.

IMO along with passing these new laws the border states should also send the national guard to the borders to secure them since the feds won't do it.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

One thing that jumped out at me - the JANUARY legislative session??? That's 9 months from now. Why wait that long to get the ball rolling?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The article title is sure misleading...

It's not an ``Anti-immigration bill``, it's an ANTI ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION BILL.

But eh, the facts don't matter for the author of the article...

Anyway good for Texas.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

good point vitch, i think thats what alot of the misconception is about. the media portray this as racist and bigoted and anti-immigration when in fact its anti-ILLEGAL immigration. i hate the media... good point

[edit on 28-4-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Citizens chastise Phoenix Mayor Gordon for supporting illegal aliens

a great read, this guy richard firth really gives it to him...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

make it a crime for immigrants to lack registration documents.

Wow!!!!!
How welcoming

These states are forgetting who they are and how they came to be

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
In answer to one of the questions, the main reason for waiting till 01/2011, is to see how the legal battles playout. If the law in Arizona stands the test in the courts, then they know they can create and pattern a law on such. But also waiting till 01/2011, they can also get a feel for the will of the people in their state and exercise their voice. They are also waiting to see how the Federal government is going to respond.
Forgot one other thing, 01/2011 is a none election year, so there is no doubt as to why they are doing this, and it is not for votes.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by sdcigarpig]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
GO Texas and arizona
Its abuot, past due time actually, for companys to support american tax paying law abiding citizens!!! Those are the ones who should be employed, and stop this business whording and greed to keep money in the bank. Spread the wealth baby!! i hope more and more states do this and crack down...im tired of doing my part abiding the law and getting less than table scraps as a reward economically, let alone being layed off because legally, im making taxed money* instead of people getting pink slips simply because their overpayed in the comapnys eyes....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join