It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Lawmaker to Introduce Anti-Immigration Bill

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Hip, hip, hooray for TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being a Texas resident, I can vouch for the crime and parasitic nature that illegals have brought to my state.

I explained one of my experiences with them on this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Go through the immigration system just like my forefathers and more recently my wife had to do.

Coming here for the assured money and then high tailing it back to where you came from once you've accumulated your nest egg just ain't gonna keep cutting it.

If I move to any one of their countries you'd better believe that I'm gonna go through their red tape process and jump through all of their hoops too. They don't get a free pass if I don't.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by warequalsmurder]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolftotem

Wolftotem,

You are correct sir. My point is if someone other than you has your card it is easier to vote in your place than it would be to buy a few items with your credit card at Ace Hardware.

Your voter ID even asks you to sign it so an impostor can practice your signature with confidence.

As often a we vote in Texas, a couple times already this year it would be tempting to use the registration card to vote often.

As low as the turn out is for events like a run off or school elections,
the chances of being discovered are quite low.

Have you ever taken the time to see if someone has voted for you in an election you may have missed?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolftotem

To Wolftotem,

addendum

The Texas voter registration card on close inspection has the iron clad physical identification data of gender and birthday.

I guess I only have to be concerned if an old geezer tries to use mine.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Wait jus a dang minute, didn't y'all do that already back in 1845 to 1848?

Oh that's right that wasn't a law, it was just a little ol war, in which the matter was decided..... my mistake

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Texas is awesome. They don't put up with all that Federal nonsense for too long. The only problem is that if they kick all the illegals out of Texas won't that mean a huge population decrease.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I can't believe with all that is going on around the world, and especially with jobs and the economy everyone is being driven to focus on the immigration issue.

Actually I can, going into the future elections these immigration issues are exactly what they want everyone focused on.

Don't be fools ATS members... You are simply making it easy for them.

Don't be distracted from the more important stuff.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
I can't believe with all that is going on around the world, and especially with jobs and the economy everyone is being driven to focus on the immigration issue.

If we eliminate the immigration problem we also eliminate a good size chunk of the other problems you mentioned. Nothing like killing two birds with one stone.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

If we eliminate the immigration problem we also eliminate a good size chunk of the other problems you mentioned. Nothing like killing two birds with one stone.

Keep on dreaming.

Bet you 13 trillion dollars and counting it doesn't.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

This thread is a circle jerk of lily white cowards who are afraid of their own shadows and especially everyone who looks a little different. Let me guess, every one of you to a person is white. And so long as you are white and not an obvious target, you are perfectly fine with armed cops demanding "Papers please" with one hand on their side arms.

You claimed patriots are the first to shred the Constitution if you think it buys you some advantage. You are cowards and hypocrites, and you can thank God your own ancestors had more balls and humanity than you.

Any and all illegals who commit crimes should be taken the shortest route back across the border. As for law-abiding others, that's open for debate in my opinion. Large employers who hire them should be charged, without exception. Choke off the demand and the supply will take care of itself.

But give armed officers of the state powers to stop anyone they subjectively suspect might be illegal? WTF is wrong with you people? It is so sad to see people who seriously think they are patriots and defenders of freedom being so rapidly willing to toss central tenets of the Constituion out of their own fear and ignorance. My guess is you are the same saddist bullies who like to carry weapons because you think it makes you tough guys.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Now THAT is what I call being a part of a REPUBLIC!! I know many may have their own personal cultural/ethnic views to this law/proposal BUT nonetheless it is a VERY HISTORIC measure that is beginning to take place and sends a message to the gov that YES our independent REPUBLIC STATES can do and think for themselves!!

The sooner we get the gov out of our daily lives and expanding the way it is, the sooner we begin to take control of our country back. This is a blatant denying of power to those big gov entities and "others" that back those entities.

WooHoo go TEXAS!!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
l it's about time !!!!
Way to go Texas

I guess that just leaves CA
holding the door open.

Whatcha gonna do Arnold ????

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
let me tell ya a story I witnessed
just last week in NC.

I was at a local Post Office.
A crew of illegals drove up to the
PO in a van and 13 of them hopped out.
All went inside to get money orders
and envelopes. Each one of them
packed money orders worth about $300
or more into envelopes and mailed it back
to their families in Mexico.

That was well over $3,500 sent out of the
country in that 1 incident. If you want to
know where Americas money is going.
Look no further than your local illegals.

Now tell me how this helps America's
economy again ???

[edit on 28-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

And so long as you are white and not an obvious target, you are perfectly fine with armed cops demanding "Papers please" with one hand on their side arms.

My .02 is that YES I am I guess considered to be "White" (when in fact my ancestry is Portuguese/Italian), however I was born, raised, recently finished serving my country in the US Navy and retired last June as a Chief (senior NCO).

I have been trying since then to launch my post naval career off of the ground and have not had much luck considering even though I have a science degree (strategic communications), a TS/SCI clearance, AND have 20 years specialized experience...and STILL I have been competing with 8 to 10 candidates for EACH position I have applied.

But that is not my point here...what IS my point is that I retired in San Diego, CA and was paying $1500 a month for a 600 sq. ft. 1 bedroom apartment. Well I held out as long as I could but still lost everything, credit has been ruined when I had 700+ the last 20 years. I had to leave my wife as she moved in with her parents and I moved down to Arizona with an old navy buddy of mine just so I could survive.

I would drive back to San Diego once a month to spend time with my wife and EACH WAY I had to go through 3 Border Patrol check points and guess what? I am "white" retired military (and was wounded in Afghanistan in Oct 2001 for which the VA gave me a measly 10% disability and made the decision in absentee as I didn't have an address as I was all over the country trying to get a job)....but EACH TIME I would be stopped...asked if I was a citizen, where I was born, where I was coming from, where I was heading...and TWICE on different trips was pulled over so that my car (Porsche 911) could be gone through by agents and dogs!!

If that is not a "show me your papers" on people that are clearly citizens then I don't know what is! And we now have ILLEGAL ALIENS complaining about being questioned (remember I never committed any crimes nor had a reason to be stopped each time), and if they are found to be illegal then they are charged with a CRIME! THAT IS HOW IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE! THAT IS THE LAW DUDE!

Anyways...my navy buddy and his family ARE Mexican Americans and you know what his wife told me last night? They are laughing about it all and are joking with their MEXICAN FRIENDS to "Hey now is the time to get away with stuff and blame it on the White and Black people because the cops are gonna be too scared to pull us Mexicans over right now because of fears of being sued as this law is held up in possible legal challenges".

I love my friends and they saved me at a time I was about to go homeless, and I laughed right along side them last night as they joked...but think about it. These people that are up in arms about REPUBLIC STATES exercising rights that the constitution gave them either are illegal and/or have a hidden agenda of sorts.

Anyways that is my .02

Thanks

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Marked One

Keep on dreaming.

Bet you 13 trillion dollars and counting it doesn't.

You got the cash? Because I don't take checks.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One

I've got your two birds with one stone.

Have every Lawyer carry an illegal on his back into Mexico. The illegal can come back thru proper channels, but the Lawyers can sit and screw with Mexico instead.

The drug cartel won't know what hit them.............

[edit on 28-4-2010 by j2000]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
And this from a state that hires prison guards, no, not just from other states, but from other countries!

At least 32 guards in the short-staffed Texas prison system are on work visas — immigrant workers from Nigeria and Mexico, officials said Wednesday.

source

anyway...doin' the Texas side-step...

In the local homebuilding industry, some contractors estimate that as many as 80 percent or 90 percent of the workers who smooth concrete foundations, nail up house frames, install Sheetrock, paint walls and shingle roofs are here illegally. That figure doesn't sound overblown to Dwight Jones, an INS supervisory special agent in San Antonio.

"Construction, that's probably the biggest employer of illegal aliens in Austin, and most of those are working for subcontractors,'' Jones said. "There are probably illegal aliens working on any construction site (in Austin)."

The percentages may vary, but dependence on illegal labor is the same all over Texas and the Southwest, according to industry officials.

At the Texas Capitol Area Builders Association, which has 300 home builders among its 750 Central Texas members, Executive Vice President Harry Savio said the builders "recognize that a large percentage of the guys doing the work are immigrants.''

"We really don't talk that much about them being illegal,'' Savio said. "In fact, we don't talk about it hardly at all."

The builders can honestly say they don't employ illegal immigrants, said Ramiro Lazcano, 24, an illegal immigrant from Nuevo Leon who has worked as a framer and drywall installer in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

from this article

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
As crooked and paid for as congress is, they can't help noticing the facts:
1. Average Americans are becoming more involved and organized since the Depression.
2. The budget shortfalls are caused in part by supporting non-working Mexicans.
3. There are millions of out of work Americans willing to do any jobs.
4. Illegals are still going to get free emergency room healthcare while every other legal employed person sees the ammount of medicare tax doubled in their paycheck deduction.

Maybe the FEMA camps are for all of the Mexicans their government will refuse to let back in their own country!!?

Last time there was talk of a big round up, Vincente Fox said he wouldn't permit Mexican nations to be returned to their rightful homes.

It would have forced the crooked Mexican govt to share some of the oil and dope profits with their darker skinned countrymen.

You think racism is bad in the US, try being a dark-skinned citizen of native american descent south of the border.

And Mexico has the nerve to call us rascists. Its a joke.

The last point I would like to make is back in the 80's, before all the Mexicans were allowed to pour across, I used to get paid $5/ft as a framer. Today, because of them, its still $5.

Back then, a decent carpenter could own a home and put a kid through college. What happened to my right for the pursuit of happiness?

Now I am going bankrupt so a bunch of Mexicans, who hate this country can sponge off the system and have turned me into a 3rd world slave.

I say all you limosine libs at MSNBC can shove it. I say La Raza can shove it with a 2"x4" I say anybody who disagrees and has had any remodeling done to their home in the last 20 years owes my kid a college education or you can shove it too!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Obama criticized the hell out of Arizona,

But i bet you he wont say sh*t to Texas..

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
Obama criticized the hell out of Arizona,

But i bet you he wont say sh*t to Texas..

hold onto ur horses there bub
it's gotta pass first

does anybody know how Texas Legislature
is gonna vote on this subject ????

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join