It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark Found! 99.9% sure!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by joechip

Mountains are formed by tectonic activity. Plates either smashing up against one another or over on another. (and then there are volcanic mountains, beside the point) But the question in no way addresses the issue of how much h2o it would take to get an ark up that high. Certainly nobody would claim the mountain itself to be less than 6400 yrs old, right? Why call anyone ignorant when they ask a good question....?

If you imply that mountains can't be formed or increase their hieght over a short pertod of time. Even far less than the sixtyfour hunderd years
we are speaking of. I would say that 's not just ignorant. It's naive as well.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Yes, that makes just too much sense. God is perfect, all knowing, all powerful and incapable of making a mistake. That is why the things he created became so corrupt by other things he created that he had to wipe them all out and start over. That makes sense.

Not to the willfully ignorant.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
There is a huge problem with discoveries like this. Some will assume that just because we find a large ark that resembles the stories from the Bible or Sumerian writings (as well as other writings) then we can assume that their 'god image' was real and IS God the Most High.

My issue here is with the ones who think this proves the God of the OT. Why do I have a issue here???? Because if the God of the OT really brought a flood to wipe out the 'giants' or 'bad seeds'......WHY IN THE WORLD DOES THAT SAME BOOK TELL US THAT THERE WAS STILL GIANTS IN THE DAYS AFTER THE FLOOD????

Was God's plan NOT perfect?? Did God bring such a flood and then still purposely leave this bloodline of beings here on Earth?? What sense does that make if God is perfect and MEANT to wipe out this blood line?? It makes no sense what so ever!!!

So for you Bible followers, I caution you to not over look the fact that AFTER the flood....this bloodline WAS STILL on the Earth in the days after the flood.

Justify it how ever you need to in order to hang on to your belief....but for me...this tells me....this flood was not a divine event by a perfect God who meant to wipe the Earth clean of a 'bad seed'.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Yes, that makes just too much sense. God is perfect, all knowing, all powerful and incapable of making a mistake. That is why the things he created became so corrupt by other things he created that he had to wipe them all out and start over. That makes sense.

Not to the willfully ignorant.

That is not nice. I am sure your ignorance is a natural trait and not something you choose.

However, maybe you can explain it to me then. How did your perfect god's perfect creations become so corrupted by his other perfect creations?

Since he knew it was going to happen, why did he bother to let it get that far?

Please do not just spout some "free will" nonsense unless it actually addresses the things I just asked.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

SO deducting from you way of thinking "mountains can formed in a short period of time" OK, but.... if god created the earth, perfect and whole, why would he need to flood it in the first place, and why would he create mountains after he already finished his "creation"
Was his "creation not perfect and whole then in the first place if he needed to come by later to make a mountain?

DO you not see the problem with that way of thinking?
You're using a position of thinking that is not your own, just copy paste from religious mumbo jumbo

BTW Care to address any of the issues about the ark I brought up?
Proof of a global flood, ways for Noah to solve the logistics of feeding all the animals on the so called "Ark"?

Do you just selectively choose to reply only to things that can be debunked by your faulty "religious" thinking (or lack thereof)

I'll be awaiting your reply... (just gimme the time to strap in here)

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

However, maybe you can explain it to me then. How did your perfect god's perfect creations become so corrupted by his other perfect creations?

Why would I do that? what would be my motivation? I don't care what you
think, say, feel, if you do feel. I've got zero interest in any bloated crap you wish to secrete in contemplation of anything you think you can provoke out of me. I'm not evcen the slightest bit interested why you seem to carry on a fruitless campaign the way you do.

You definetly have a fixation that should embarras the hell out of you , but for some reason dosn't.

Thats really all there is worth knowing.

Did I ever claim to be nice?

[edit on 28-4-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

Was his "creation not perfect and whole then in the first place if he needed to come by later to make a mountain?

Ok I'll respond. That way I can include that you arn't even worth responding to. God created the earth. It's in perpetual motion. He dosn't have to come a long and make a mountain or a rock. Einstien.

Why don't you make yourself useful, and possibly present discovery
on how the earth spins in a constant? Dosn't that defy newtons law of inertia?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Why would I do that? what would be my motivation? I don't care what you
think, say, feel, if you do feel.

Because I am genuinely asking you to help me understand your lord so that I might be able to have an understanding that could lead to revelation that could lead to a relationship. Why would you not want to do that?

I've got zero interest in any bloated crap you wish to secrete in contemplation of anything you think you can provoke out of me.

So...asking you about something that I do not understand is "provoking?" You do not seem much like the Jesus in my bible.

I'm not evcen the slightest bit interested why you seem to carry on a fruitless campaign the way you do.

I guess I could say the same to you but doubly so. Why do you even post in these threads at all if you do not care to share your love of christ, spread understanding, or even take part in an actual discussion. I have reasons for posting in these threads and I am not telling people how little I care for their responses so...that leaves you as the sole enigma here.

You definetly have a fixation that should embarras the hell out of you , but for some reason dosn't.

Perhaps you could enlighten me and your Jesus as to just what this judgement call means, is about, or is based on? What am I fixated on? Please tell me just what it is your judgement of me actually means?

Thats really all there is worth knowing.

What? That when I ask you about your god, you act like a jerk and pout?

Did I ever claim to be nice?

I believe you claimed to be a follower of Christ. So you admit you are a hypocrite then?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Because I am genuinely asking you to help me understand your lord so that I might be able to have an understanding that could lead to revelation that could lead to a relationship. Why would you not want to do that?

Sorry but I don't believe everything I read. I don't believe you. Do you want me to go on?

Why not? That's a ball faced lie. There's nothing genuine about you .
Redundance is the first thing that comes to mind.

I believe you claimed to be a follower of Christ. So you admit you are a hypocrite then?

My hypocrisy knows no bounds.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Sorry but I don't believe everything I read. I don't believe you. Do you want me to go on?

Yes, I do want you to go on. I did ask you a series of questions. You made some pretty nasty little accuastions about me. Answering me or explaining the things you say about me would be awesome!

Why not? That's a ball faced lie. There's nothing genuine about you .

What? What is a lie? How do you know what is and is not genuine?

Redundance is the first thing that comes to mind.

Hmmmm. Does that make sense?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You made some nasty little comments about me.
Yes, I do want you to go on. I did ask you a series of questions. You made some pretty nasty little accuastions about me. Answering me or explaining the things you say about me would be awesome

yes I realise that.
Nothing you havn't earned.

What? What is a lie? How do you know what is and is not genuine?

It's a gift from God.

No more time for you. Got to go see what's go'in on in my Manson thread.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Also if God in all his wisdom, intelligence, knowledge that makes him God. That leaves you in a very lousy position. One might compare you to a pimple on a nats ass to the Creator, your God, of this universe. You would sit in judgement of a God?

That's where you are wrong- One does not push one's God on another and call him "YOUR God". That is just wrong and insulting- not to mention disrespectful. Just because he is Your God, does not make him everyone Else's ....

Nobody quetions a God. It's absolute lunacy. It's stupid.

I say it's absolute lunacy NOT to question- In fact, the bible tells one to question.... 2 Thessalonians 5:20-21 "Don't despise prophesies, But test all things."

It's okay though- Blind faith based on fear will make you say and do stupid things...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

yes I realise that.
Nothing you havn't earned.

Asking you questions earns me scorn and ridicule? Jesus must be proud.

It's a gift from God.

You are not even making sense. It seems that when Christians step into a debate guns ablazin' they have no problem talking on and on and on. Ask one question that confuses them and they get angry, ramble nonsense, and then suddenly get too busy to talk.

Way to bring people closer to Christ!

You are not a Christian. What you are is a hypocrite.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Typical- Always run away when you are faced with questions you cannot answer- even though your 'faith' is based on 'truth'.... If it was the truth, you wouldn't have these problems. And I'm talking about religious people in general here.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 1xion325alpha

The "stones will tell" ... please don't think that all people who follow the bible are blind to the pre-history of the world, or the fact that creatures evolve and adapt! I think we have to take into consideration ancient perception, and that some ancient writings were stilted by that. So far as application of "the bible lies then" ... no, man was at times in error, but the comprehension of a work isn't always in its accuracy to modern scientific fact, but as an empathy of the integrity of ancient understandings.

That's in a nutshell; I know some people take the word of God as an absolute literal understanding of the world, but there is also the discrepency between days and years, or "times" such as "a time and a half, then two times" as referring to chronology other than that which we in the modern day know it as. Anyway, thought I'd free up some assumptions there.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well Guys I hate to pull a phage on you but this is DeBunkered. While I believe this is either Noahs Ark or the Ark of Gilgamesh(btw there were two arks one of Noah one for the Nephilim) but the story is DEBUNKERED see here. michaelsheiser.com...

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Barkster]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
And the wood cant have been planted there by hoaxers?

Hahaha "99,9 % sure" it is the boat of a man named Noah who lived 5000 years ago. More like hoaxers ark.

You gonna tell me if someone finds remains of my boat in 5000 years "researchers" will be 99,9% sure it was owned by me? How?? Ridiculous. You cant know who owned it.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Just remember, MAN wrote the MANY DIFFERENT parts of the bible. god did not FAX it down to them or email it or send it on a zip disk. The 2000 years that christians have been around pales in comparison to other religions before. always remember men never write or speak any words without having ulterior motives.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
there never was an arc... translation error..
no rain and flood....
but an flood of ash raining from the sky from Mnt Ararat wich is an volcano that had an great eruption 3000 BC........

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 28-4-2010 by ressiv]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Personally, I'm much more interested in the location of Noah's tomb, or Moses's tomb. The story doesn't say it, but I imagine if somebody had all that wood available, and were just staring up after a big flood, some of that boat wood might come in handy if you wanted to build houses, or some other kind of building. So I don't imagine that there would be much left of it in a couple hundred years, if it did land there. Unless they kept it around for a while... just in case God got another wild hair and decided to kill everybody again.

Tombs, on the other hand, are made to last.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join