It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nano-Thermite and Molten Metal at WTC Has been Confirmed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
So , with all the theories of controlled demolition and nano-thermite and molten metal found at the WTC , I thought I would Post this thread .

I see that most people don't have a clue when it comes to knowing what it is that they are endorsing in this nano-thermite/no nano-thermite debate .

Well , guess what everyone ?

The cherished belief that it was present at the wreckage of the WTC is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT .

en.wikipedia.org...

Rust and aluminum . Hmmm...

Could it be that the towers might have been built with steel that would produce RUST over a period of 30 years ?

Isn't it also common knowledge that those same buildings were clad in ALUMINUM ?

WTF ! Where did the 'thermite' come from that was found ?

Molten metal ? Anyone ever seen a large quantity of aluminum being melted ? I have .

It is definitely in a molten state when it is smeltered in large quantities , and remains red hot for weeks .

GEEZ...

[edit on 27-4-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

edited post since you are working both sides of the argument....

What side are you on btw?

[edit on 27-4-2010 by theability]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

I really don't know where you are going with this - but aluminum will remain red hot FOR WEEKS without any additional source of heat other then the intial source that melted it? So if I were to melt some aluminum and put it in a ceramic crucible and set outside it would remain red hot for weeks?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
you should read your own source.

you left out the 3rd ingredient in a thermite REACTION.

HEAT.

nothing in the tower, or jet could heat up anywhere near the point to produce this reaction. its not just aluminum mixed with rust.

and it doesnt have to be aluminum...or rust...

rust is just a source of iron oxide. you can melt that with something that burns hotter like magnesium.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This takes the cake...

In one thread you say that the WTC collapsed due to fire:

Thread here

And in this thread you say its nano-thermite!!!

Now this is a serious problem!

I see your working youerself into a corner!

What is your agenda with this kind of posting?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You can't just randomly mix rust and aluminum and expect to produce thermite, this is an old ridiculous claim.

If I were to throw flour and water in the air should I expect a cake to appear?

For thermite to work the ingredients have to be very finely ground and mixed in the correct quantities, otherwise it will never ignite.

You should do some actual research on thermite before making claims about it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

"Thermite contains its own supply of oxygen and does not require any external source of air. Consequently, it cannot be smothered and may ignite in any environment, given sufficient initial heat. It will burn well while wet and cannot be easily extinguished with water, although enough water will remove heat and stop the reaction. Small amounts of water will boil before reaching the reaction. If thermite is ignited underwater, the molten iron produced will extract oxygen from water and generate hydrogen gas in a single-replacement reaction. This gas may, in turn, burn by combining with oxygen in the air."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

How about you show some actual research that you might have done to support your assertion ?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by hooper

"Thermite contains its own supply of oxygen and does not require any external source of air. Consequently, it cannot be smothered and may ignite in any environment, given sufficient initial heat. It will burn well while wet and cannot be easily extinguished with water, although enough water will remove heat and stop the reaction. Small amounts of water will boil before reaching the reaction. If thermite is ignited underwater, the molten iron produced will extract oxygen from water and generate hydrogen gas in a single-replacement reaction. This gas may, in turn, burn by combining with oxygen in the air."

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes, I know about thermite, see it evry day but my question is what does the above have to do with this statement that you made:

Molten metal ? Anyone ever seen a large quantity of aluminum being melted ? I have .

It is definitely in a molten state when it is smeltered in large quantities , and remains red hot for weeks .

I don't see the connection. Smelted aluminum does not, in and by itself, remain red hot for weeks after being heated.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

reply to post by ANOK

How about you show some actual research that you might have done to support your assertion ?

Are you kidding? Seriously...

You need research to prove randomly throwing chemicals together doesn't create a new usable substance? Or that thermite has to be like powder and mixed correctly to work?

Maybe you should do your research before trying to spread disinfo...

news.softpedia.com...

History

The reaction was first used for the carbon-free reduction of metal oxides. The reaction is highly exothermic, but it has a high activation energy since strong interatomic bonds in the solids must be broken first. The oxide was heated with aluminium in a crucible in a furnace. The runaway reaction made it possible to produce only small quantities of material. Hans Goldschmidt improved the aluminothermic process between 1893 and 1898, by igniting the mixture of fine metal oxide and aluminium powder by a starter reaction without heating the mixture externally. The process was patented in 1898 and used extensively in the later years for rail track welding.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also note that thermite requires a very high temp. to ignite, more than an office fire can supply.

[edit on 4/27/2010 by ANOK]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This thread should be deleted, You seem to have done as little research as possible. And your post.... well, it just doesn't really make sense. The title contradicts what you're saying anyway.

SOMEONE didn't pass third grade English class....

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 27/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
You can't just randomly mix rust and aluminum and expect to produce thermite, this is an old ridiculous claim.

If I were to throw flour and water in the air should I expect a cake to appear?

LOL, I was literally rolling when I read this.

Awesome man. That made my day.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

Doesn't have to be aluminum or rust ? Hmmm ... then why are all of those reports / findings relying on the aspect of the aluminum and iron oxide particles found in the dust to validate their claims for nano-thermite ?

Maybe you should also do some research ?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeytheHair

Maybe I should suggest that your threads be deleted simply because I disagree with them .

Oh , wait , that's right , you haven't posted any threads yet . You signed up just to ridicule others who do contribute something .

And you seem to have done not just little , but NO research .

The title appears to contradict what I'm saying , because I am CONTRADICTING the title .

Anyone who had passed third-grade english could see that I was being facetious with the title .

Do you need me to explain what that word means ?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Okay , for all of you who failed to grasp the intention of this thread , I will explain it really slow ...

THERE WAS NO NANO-THERMITE at the WTC .

Just because particles of iron-oxide and aluminum were found in the dust samples DOES NOT constitute nano-thermite .

The friggin' buildings were built of steel and aluminum , so , it would be expected that these particles would be found in the dust .

Can anyone here tell me what 'facetious' means ?

I was being a SMART-ASS with the title .

Guess that's what I should expect from an internet forum ?

GEEZ...

forums.randi.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Lol, you should know you can't make a post without a certain number of post reply's.
And no I did not join to ridicule others.

The whole first half of the original post supports the title where as the latter half contradicts it.

In no way was the title facetious, until you get to the second half, until that point it is supporting of the title. Which means the post is contradicting.
And I learned the meaning of facetious before I even began school. I'm far more intelligent than you seem to believe I am.

___"WTF ! Where did the 'thermite' come from that was found"___

In the dust of ground zero, it is suspected it could have been mixed in with the paint that was used, (that day I think) by a maintenance crew. It would have been undetectable and a rather ingenious way to do it. It's one of the lead theories out there. A theory is just a theory but this is the most plausible of them.

Oh and thanks for reporting my avatar lol.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Just clicked your link and I'm pretty sure I can predict your response.
But maybe, maybe it will be an original response and not reiterating what was said on the other thread.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

There is a wealth of information showing the specific chemical signature seen nowhere else but in the remains of a thermite reaction, not just iron and aluminium. And the aluminium/iron mix was also very specific in particle size and structure, IE double sided wafers of nano-particles.

Unfortunately for you you are arguing against chemistry and physics professors. I could site specific papers but have better things to do and you sound like the sort of person who wouldn't read them anyhow.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
"Thermites can be a diverse class of compositions. The fuels are often aluminium, magnesium, calcium, titanium, zinc, silicon, and boron. The oxidizers can be boron(III) oxide, silicon(IV) oxide, chromium(III) oxide, manganese(IV) oxide, iron(III) oxide, iron(II,III) oxide, copper(II) oxide, and lead(II,III,IV) oxide.[1]

The most common thermite is aluminium-iron(III) oxide."

im sure they also found copper, and lead, and calcium too. but not in a mixture prepared to melt steel.

the official story cannot account for molten steel. nothing in the jet or building under any of the circumstance's given, could have even come close...no matter how many random things were rusty or made from aluminum. to melt steel you must use a fuel that burns much hotter than any hydrocarbon (something that must be prepared like thermite or thermate)

i have no idea what makes "nano" thermite though..

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Just because particles of iron-oxide and aluminum were found in the dust samples DOES NOT constitute nano-thermite .

They didn't just find iron-oxide and aluminum, they found aluminothermic materials, which means it was fine powdered and mixed together and burns at a high temp.

A natural collapse from gravity alone could not produce powdered rust and aluminum and mix it together correctly to produce a mixture that will react.

You can try this at home if you want to be really scientific about it and learn something, go ahead and try make some thermite from rust and aluminum and see how well it works. Then come back with your findings and you might have something worth discussing.

If you don't have access to those materials try the water and flour trick, I'd love some of that cake...

new topics

top topics

join