It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico warns citizens in Ariz.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by broahes

I think it's a stretch to say he is aiding and abetting.. he is simply telling Mexican citizens that are traveling to or through Arizona that he believes this law could lead to them being harassed.

Forgive if this has been already pointed out. I'm at work and only have a moment.

The Mexican Government prints an official guide for Mexican Citizens to use when entering the US Illegally. The Mexican Government fully endorses the breaking of our Immigration Laws.

Illegals send huge sums of money back to Mexico. Of course their government wants that. Follow the money.

Even though as you say it might be a stretch, is it really?

I challenge anyone that thinks we are unfair to enter Mexico illegally and allow yourself to get caught in a village in the interior. They have pits in the sun, dirty water to drink and a coffee can to relieve yourself in waiting just for you. You might even get a bit of stale bread with your dirty water. If you are well behaved they may let you contact somebody in a month or two. Good new is, if you get really sick they kick you out of the country really fast. No medical help for Illegals in Mexico.

Nobody familiar will dispute what I just said without lying.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
reply to post by Violater1

Actually they could get free healthcare at home so I don't think your amazing health system is what draws them to the US. Maybe it's the US citizens need for "Cocaine" that has drove them to the US as the drug war there is in almost every part of their country.
Yeah, good point. Mexico is an AWESOME place to live! The way that country is run, and the wondrous culture that dwells within... just a Gem!
That's why nobody EVER wants to leave it!
You put your finger right on the problem. Americans loving Cocaine!
You did it! As a matter of fact, there is a big coc aine barbecue in my town this weekend. Then, everybody is going to do coc aine, and go to church. After all the children are given coc aine, of course.
All that coc aine use is a sure fire way to get millions of dead-weight illegal immigrants to flock into our country.
Thanks for figuring it out, and explaining it to the site.
Are you getting my point here?
Good.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by UruFist]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
These are the laws if you illegaly enter MEXICO.

# Under Article 123 of the General Population Act, illegal immigration is an offense punishable by up to two years in prison and a fine of up to 5,000 pesos, or about $450. Typically, any crime with a punishment of a year or more is considered a felony.

# Article 118 of the act says foreigners who are deported and then later attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be punished with up to 10 years in prison.

# Under Article 73, local police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities when asked to help enforce the nation's immigration laws.

# As set forth in several articles of the act, immigrants are admitted into Mexico according to their potential to "contribute to the national progress" and must have the income needed to support themselves.

# Article 9 of the constitution says only citizens may assemble to "take part in the political affairs of the country." Under Article 33, noncitizens "may not in any way participate in the political affairs of the country."

And Mexico is claiming we treat there people bad.

They need to get a life and clean up there own country.

if the illegals ever do become legalized, they'll INSTANTLY lose most of their appeal as employees. Their biggest "selling point" is their precarious legal situation, which guarantees that they can be worked hard, paid little, and have little ability to do anything about it.
Once they become LEGAL (i.e., 'protected'), they will obviously want more pay, shorter hours, and better conditions. They will instantly become not a source of cheap, willing labor, but just another grumbling, complaining, demanding bunch of American workers---with the exception that some will not be able to speak English. At that point, many employers might just decide to go back to using American help..the former illegals, now legal, will have simply "priced themselves" right out of a job...

Read more: www.city-data.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Why should any Mexican citizen who is here illegally have to show any sort of legal papers or a birth certificate to remain in this country?

Obama doesn't.

He gets to stay (for now).

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Many of you forget that most illegal immigrants here in the US have been forced here by their families and then the families are sent back to Mexico to do some harsh time in Mexican prison...which is much more harsh than America's prison system.

Therefore, most kids who are forced to come here are stuck and they don't want to get caught, end up in jail in their homeland and then get killed off. These people are here living miserable lives and all they want to do is go back to Mexico.

However, that doesn't mean there aren't PLENTY of other illegal immigrants who are here just to live the "American Dream." In other words, live without paying taxes and enjoy getting a paycheck to buy booze.

Trust me, there are plenty of those fun folks around..

We need to be strict on illegal immigration but this bill isn't the best way to handle it...

[edit on 28-4-2010 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Well thank you. I believe that this border problem must stop. Star to u

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
A lot of good points made on this thread, but we also need to realize that Arizona's new law addresses a national security issue--not just a financial issue--and that it's not due only to Mexican drug cartels (though that's a problem as well, of course).

Al Qaeda operatives have realized that middle-eastern people can easily be made to look hispanic, and that an easy route into the United States is through the Mexican/U.S. border.

Finally, I'd like to remind everyone once again that Arizona's "new" law isn't really a new law. They're basically stating that they're going to enforce laws that are already on the Federal books, and that they're going to do it themselves since the Fed isn't doing enough about it. It's really sad to me that our federal government is basically ignoring the primary reason our founders even established a central government.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
What El Presidente Calderon doesn't say is how they have the same problem with the Guatemalans coming over their border in Chiapas. They have their own illegal immigrants and deal with them more harshly. Just another race using it's race as a crutch and blaming the rest of the world for their own shortcomings.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
How many times have we heard the State Department warn Americans that traveling to country xxxxx may be risky or dangerous ?

Happens when either the US are planning to attack that country, or there is about to be a revolution, or some other problem that may be very dangerous for any American nationals trapped there.

Nothing at all wrong with a government issuing a warning to it's nationals in another country. Happens all the time.....

[edit on 28/4/2010 by Silver Shadow]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolftotem

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by broahes
His previous criticism of the bill though, I can say.. is complete BS and none of his business.

I think they should keep their nose out of our business as well. They are all p1$$ off at the possibility that their Free American Health care will be cut off, as well as the US dollars they haul in every day.

I have heard a lot of money goes over the border into Mexico from illegal aliens, but I don't know about the health care. I have heard there are many illegals come into the country to have their babies - thus making their children eligible for welfare and dual citizenship. It is rumored here in Texas that there are published lists of which hospitals to go to and what agencies to contact after the baby is born.

I personally have not researched these claims, but I know a whole lot of Texans who would welcome similar reform (such as Arizona's) just to put a stop to paying for illegals to have a free ride.

From what I understand it is not that difficult to become a citizen or get permission to work in the US so I don't understand why these people don't just go through the proper channels to come here.

Well what you understand is wrong. The process to even get permission to work in the US is incredibly difficult, costs a lot of money and takes a lot of time. US immigration laws are ridiculously restrictive and make it very difficult to get a work visa. Don't even THINK about citizenship unless you marry an American citizen.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
The Mexican government is warning its people that if you are traveling to or through Arizona, that you could be harassed. I’m not sure, but is this aiding and abetting?
Mexican President Felipe Calderon has said the law criminalizes immigration and opens the door to "intolerance, hate, and discrimination."
The new law prohibits undocumented workers from being hired from a vehicle on a public street.
Mexico's foreign ministry states, "Until it is clearly defined under what criteria, when, where and who the authorities will check, you should assume that every Mexican citizen could be harassed and questioned without cause at any moment."
Mexico is now dictating law to the USA. If they want something to pick, they can pick staying at home.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

No bro. the aiding and abetting comes into play with the comic book type pamphlets. They describe how to run the border and how to get services once on the otherside.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic Honey
A lot of good points made on this thread, but we also need to realize that Arizona's new law addresses a national security issue--not just a financial issue--and that it's not due only to Mexican drug cartels (though that's a problem as well, of course).

Al Qaeda operatives have realized that middle-eastern people can easily be made to look hispanic, and that an easy route into the United States is through the Mexican/U.S. border.

Finally, I'd like to remind everyone once again that Arizona's "new" law isn't really a new law. They're basically stating that they're going to enforce laws that are already on the Federal books, and that they're going to do it themselves since the Fed isn't doing enough about it. It's really sad to me that our federal government is basically ignoring the primary reason our founders even established a central government.

I agree, I believe that this law in Arizona, points the finger toward the Fed, magnifying the unconstitutional neglect of the current and some of the past administrations. This widens the road for state (s) to secede.
See my new thread located here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I just found the website for the Az legislature.

Here is the link for the Bill.
www.azleg.gov.../legtext/49leg/2r/summary/s.1070pshs_housechanges.doc.htm

and to the AZ legislature website.
www.azleg.gov...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius
No bro. the aiding and abetting comes into play with the comic book type pamphlets. They describe how to run the border and how to get services once on the otherside.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your point of comic book pamphlets.

edit: Oh, I get it now.

star 4 u

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by UruFist

I thought ATS members were known for their intellect. I guess I have to rethink my assumption.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy88
reply to post by UruFist

I thought ATS members were known for their intellect. I guess I have to rethink my assumption.

First of all, who the heck EVER told you that about ATS members?!

Second, that really hurts man.

Third, that was a great argument. You really did your homework on that one, and I have changed my stance on the matter.

Excellent.

Now, come on, tell the truth. Are you actually the President of Mexico?

[edit on 28-4-2010 by UruFist]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by broahes

OK, that's two small cities..a drop in the bucket.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
My roommate is from Columbia. He has been here for several years, just finished his Master's degree, and has completed everything to become a US citizen, and now he is just waiting on a Judge to sign off. However, his student Visa is dangerously close to expiration and he is about to begin a 2 month cross country trip with 2 buddies to explore the Wonderful Americana!

This morning he is leaving, and he changed his plans to avoid Arizona! I was all for the immigration bill in AZ, and I have always teased my friend about reporting him when his Visa expires, but honestly, if it comes down to a technicality because of a Judge's backlog, and he were to get pulled over and deported, the country would be losing a valuable asset.

I have debated him several times about the validity of the law, and I have always taken the side of the law, but realizing that he has to change his plans to avoid this entire state has swayed my opinion quite a bit!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Sorry to be away from the debate. Took a trip.

I think a lot of people misrepresented what I was saying. I was trying to convey that I think the reason why South/Central Americans not just Mexicans are entering the US is because these regions are being torn apart by the drug wars.

Not every Illegal is a criminal and yes I do think it should be done the legal way. Yet, if you think of it they are more like refugees. That's what we call people crossing the border illegally in some African countries torn up by war. I don't think it's any different. The drug cartels are well funded and well armed and are able to buy more influence in the country. Sounds familiar?

It's a mess and there is no real easy solution. There's no doubt that something needs to be done down there.

Let's not forget the CIA been caught with their hands in the cookie jar a few times. Quick, untraceable cash from one large shipment and turn a blind eye.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join