It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico warns citizens in Ariz.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The Mexican government is warning its people that if you are traveling to or through Arizona, that you could be harassed. I’m not sure, but is this aiding and abetting?
Mexican President Felipe Calderon has said the law criminalizes immigration and opens the door to "intolerance, hate, and discrimination."
The new law prohibits undocumented workers from being hired from a vehicle on a public street.
Mexico's foreign ministry states, "Until it is clearly defined under what criteria, when, where and who the authorities will check, you should assume that every Mexican citizen could be harassed and questioned without cause at any moment."
Mexico is now dictating law to the USA. If they want something to pick, they can pick staying at home.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
The Mexican government is warning its people that if you are traveling to or through Arizona, that you could be harassed. I’m not sure, but is this aiding and abetting?

I think it's a stretch to say he is aiding and abetting.. he is simply telling Mexican citizens that are traveling to or through Arizona that he believes this law could lead to them being harassed.

I personally have yet to make up my mind.. only time will tell. His previous criticism of the bill though, I can say.. is complete BS and none of his business.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by broahes
His previous criticism of the bill though, I can say.. is complete BS and none of his business.

I think they should keep their nose out of our business as well. They are all p1$$ off at the possibility that their Free American Health care will be cut off, as well as the US dollars they haul in every day.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Actually they could get free healthcare at home so I don't think your amazing health system is what draws them to the US. Maybe it's the US citizens need for "Cocaine" that has drove them to the US as the drug war there is in almost every part of their country.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

I can agree with that, having lived there for about 2 years. Mexico's health care system within the cities are actually pretty decent. Rural areas are lacking massively though, but the system was much better than I expected.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Yeah blame it on the US citizens. Next thing you know you guys will be saying we went down there to Mexico and kidnapped them and dragged them unwillingly to the US. It is always our fault for everything people do wrong in this world.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

"Now that's a "Yeah But"...Who should be warning whom about what?
see last week the the Mayor of Juarez slammed Oklahoma for their similar laws... warned Utah against enacting the same kinds of laws in there state... but... way back in Feb... this same Mayor moved his family to Texas, for their safety... go figure...

Here's the Mayor Story

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ

Actually they could get free healthcare at home so I don't think your amazing health system is what draws them to the US. Maybe it's the US citizens need for "Cocaine" that has drove them to the US as the drug war there is in almost every part of their country.

I hope you never need an kind of surgery, but if you do, go down to Mexico and explore your options.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Are they not correct in their assessment? I'm not saying I disagree with this new immigration law, I'm saying there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Mexican Government warning its people.

Say for instance, the shoe was on the other foot, would you not want your own government to warn you of such?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoneyMaroney

Yeah blame it on the US citizens. Next thing you know you guys will be saying we went down there to Mexico and kidnapped them and dragged them unwillingly to the US. It is always our fault for everything people do wrong in this world.

You forgot to be politically correct when addressing the changed ones. The proper response is," It's Bushe's fault."

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Oh my apologies. Let me rephrase what I said. Bush made American citizens go to Mexico and drag back some poor ILLEGALS to clean our houses and watch our kids. God, Bush sucked for making us do that.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFelt

Are they not correct in their assessment? I'm not saying I disagree with this new immigration law, I'm saying there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Mexican Government warning its people.

Say for instance, the shoe was on the other foot, would you not want your own government to warn you of such?

It is akin to having your look out, telling you where the cops are. If your not breaking the law, present your ID and then go your merry way.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I find this warning to be rather amusing considering the violence of all sorts in Calderon's Mexico.
Let's see... travel to Mexico and risk kidnapping, dismemberment, decapitation, rape and torture.
Travel to USA from Mexico... risk being sent home if you are here ILLEGALLY.

Furthermore, I wouldn't worry about the loss of any tourism dollars coming from Mexico into Arizona. Its hard to collect a room night tax on someone who sleeps in a panel truck.

There is a long standing problem on our southern border and Arizona has finally showed some guts because the Feds refused to do so. The politicians in DC are more worried about losing votes than enforcing the law. The feathers are now ruffled, lets see how they handle this....

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Do you know how many people travel into Arizona legally from Mexico on a daily basis? Those are the people he sent this warning out to.. and as I said previously, we shall have to wait and see if this leads to harassment of US citizens or Mexicans that are traveling in the state.

I personally like the concept of the bill and the fact that Arizona is stepping up to do what the federal government won't do, but I'm not so sure that this won't lead to some harassment.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I don't see anything wrong with this at all. Immigration is a tough issue because it involves lives, families and harships. I am not hateful towards illegal immigrants, but it is also not our fault they're here illegally. I mean if someone breaks the law by pulling a gun on a liquor store owner to get money for his mother who is dying of cancer, doesn't he still go to jail? He didn't hurt anyone. He just wanted to help his mom. But he still broke the law. Illegal immigrants broke the law. They may have done it for the most valiant of reasons, but the fact remains they still broke the law. Why take it easier on them than the poor kid who held up the liquor store.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Yeah you are exactly right. Why doesn't each state just require us to add the birth certificate/proof of right to be in country to the list of things we have to give them when we get pulled over for a traffic stop. I already have to give a drivers license, proof of insurance, and my vehicle registration. One more document cannot make it all unconstitutional can it?

I would gladly add this to my stash of paperwork in the glove box just to see some more ILLEGALS packed on the first bus out of Dodge.

If we all get asked for proof of citizenship when we use government services or get accused of breaking the law then nobody can say we are racial profiling anyone.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by BoneyMaroney]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Furthermore, I wouldn't worry about the loss of any tourism dollars coming from Mexico into Arizona.

You would be surprised how many Mexicans cross the border to shop in Arizona weekly.. some of them spend a good bit of money, particularly in Nogalas and Tucson, Arizona.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by broahes
His previous criticism of the bill though, I can say.. is complete BS and none of his business.

I think they should keep their nose out of our business as well. They are all p1$$ off at the possibility that their Free American Health care will be cut off, as well as the US dollars they haul in every day.

I have heard a lot of money goes over the border into Mexico from illegal aliens, but I don't know about the health care. I have heard there are many illegals come into the country to have their babies - thus making their children eligible for welfare and dual citizenship. It is rumored here in Texas that there are published lists of which hospitals to go to and what agencies to contact after the baby is born.

I personally have not researched these claims, but I know a whole lot of Texans who would welcome similar reform (such as Arizona's) just to put a stop to paying for illegals to have a free ride.

From what I understand it is not that difficult to become a citizen or get permission to work in the US so I don't understand why these people don't just go through the proper channels to come here.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

It is akin to having your look out, telling you where the cops are. If your not breaking the law, present your ID and then go your merry way.

I disagree. That statement isnt even remotely close to acting as a look out. They didnt say they cops will be on the corner of 10th street and Fake ave at 6:02am, april 29th... that is incredibly specific and would be like a look out, but even still wouldnt be considered aiding and abetting. They just mention what most of the people have already heard, and their location is Arizona. An entire state.

The Mexican government is looking out for the best interest of its people. Something that every government should do for its people. You cannot fault them for this. If your interests are at odds with theirs then so be it, but they havent done anything wrong.

By the way, most of the people on this site are huge proponents of individual rights. I certainly wouldnt want to be forced to present ID for merely being in public. However, i am clearly not of hispanic descent so this is not a problem for me personally (that and im not in arizona, but still...)

I'm not sure where i stand on this issue, i dont know enough about it, but i do know enough to see that you are way overreacting and being a bit ridiculous.

If the US wants to REALLY combat gangs and the mexican dug cartels all they have to do is eliminate their source of income: drugs. End the war on drugs. Not only will this save the US taxpayer billions by reducing the number of prisoners incarcerated for drug offenses and scaling back the DEA and those sort of law enforcement agencies, but it will also bring in money in the form of taxes for relatively safe drugs like marijuana.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gamecock

The Mexican government is looking out for the best interest of its people. Something that every government should do for its people. You cannot fault them for this. If your interests are at odds with theirs then so be it, but they havent done anything wrong.

If they are doing such a wonderful job looking out for their people then why do their people keep sneaking in here to get away from there?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join