It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico warns citizens in Ariz.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolftotem

It is difficult and usually too expensive for the "unskilled" laborers that are typically working in the US and sending money back home to their families.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Maybe Mexico should concentrate on protecting the rights of its citizens and police force inside its own border? Hmm? 7 police officers killed in Ciudad Juarez? I think a legal Mexican immigrant can tolerate being asked to provide paperwork in Arizona. Seems much less invasive than being held at gun point by Federales with assault rifles at checkpoints along normal Mexican roads (happened to me!). It is also much preferred compared to being kidnapped and or murdered by drug cartels?

How about it Mexico? You really want to criticize Arizona at this moment in time?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BoneyMaroney

I didnt say they are doing a wonderful job. I said they are acting in the best interest of their people on this particular issue.

They come here because they have the opportunity to earn more money than they can back at home.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gamecock

I disagree. That statement isnt even remotely close to acting as a look out. They didnt say they cops will be on the corner of 10th street and Fake ave at 6:02am, april 29th...

It is like saying, the cops are between California and New Mexico, stay away from Arizona St.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gamecock

Yeah but by coming here ILLEGALLY to work for more pay then they can get back in their beloved Mexico, they take the jobs away from honest, legal citizens of the USA. As SouthPark would say... "They took errrrrr jobbbsss!"

To put it in a nutshell, everytime one of them comes here and gets employed, or uses a government service, or uses a road, or uses medical services and then eats and run on the bill, etc.. they are stealing from every honest hardworking taxpaying American.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by BoneyMaroney]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
It is akin to having your look out, telling you where the cops are. If your not breaking the law, present your ID and then go your merry way.

I disagree. That statement isnt even remotely close to acting as a look out. They didnt say they cops will be on the corner of 10th street and Fake ave at 6:02am, april 29th... that is incredibly specific and would be like a look out, but even still wouldnt be considered aiding and abetting. They just mention what most of the people have already heard, and their location is Arizona. An entire state.

The Mexican government is looking out for the best interest of its people. Something that every government should do for its people. You cannot fault them for this. If your interests are at odds with theirs then so be it, but they havent done anything wrong.

By the way, most of the people on this site are huge proponents of individual rights. I certainly wouldnt want to be forced to present ID for merely being in public. However, i am clearly not of hispanic descent so this is not a problem for me personally (that and im not in arizona, but still...)

I'm not sure where i stand on this issue, i dont know enough about it, but i do know enough to see that you are way overreacting and being a bit ridiculous.

If the US wants to REALLY combat gangs and the mexican dug cartels all they have to do is eliminate their source of income: drugs. End the war on drugs. Not only will this save the US taxpayer billions by reducing the number of prisoners incarcerated for drug offenses and scaling back the DEA and those sort of law enforcement agencies, but it will also bring in money in the form of taxes for relatively safe drugs like marijuana.

I really find it hard to believe that the Federal Government of Mexico is looking after the good of its people, if you consider the Rape, Murder, blackmail, kidnapping, sex trafficing, extortion, and exploitation of its own citizens by its own citizens trying to get into the country, further complicated by allowing them to continue to break the laws of a country for which they are not citizens of.
If they were that concerned, they would be working with the government of the US, telling its citizens not to break the laws, risking life and limb to get into the country and to do such the legal way, rather than sneaking in the middle of the night, at great risk to their individiual lives.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have an idea. If so many mexicans want to become American and their own government cannot seem to get their crap together, maybe we should do the right thing and just take them over. We will give them law and order and we can take their oil in repayment.

Why arent we sending Mexico a bill for every one of their citizens who are getting welfare, free medical care, jobs they are not legally entitled to, etc... We can even be nice and give them 30 days to pay each month before we send the Marines down to collect.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The Mexican government is looking out for the best interest of its people. Something that every government should do for its people.

Yes, he's all about helping the Mexican people...get away with being allowed to enter the U.S. illegally and have zero repercussions for it.

I know it's all about the money going BACK into Mexico from the U.S. so to be honest he is mostly looking out for the greedy and corrupt which has further oppressed the average citizens of Mexico and consequently is part of the reason why they want to leave in the first place.

I am sure he isn't living anywhere near the poverty and crime level most of the honest Mexicans are escaping from.

Fix your country, let your neighbors assist in helping with this, but don't FedEx your people somewhere else.

That's not a solution and could further spread the problem when criminals use this opportunity to enslave innocent illegals on American farms or spread their drug organizations further north.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Maybe Mexico should concentrate on protecting the rights of its citizens and police force inside its own border?

Lets not forget the town with the grisly fence that had officers heads impaled on them as a warning to the people and the law.

That sounded like something out of the post-apocalyptic world of Mad Max.

So we should be okay with a porous border because even if blood-thirsty criminals can get through, good hardworking people are also amongst their ranks and outnumber them?

Pass.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
5 mexicans arested yesterday
fox news-cnn-news7

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheFelt
reply to post by Violater1

Are they not correct in their assessment? I'm not saying I disagree with this new immigration law, I'm saying there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Mexican Government warning its people.

Say for instance, the shoe was on the other foot, would you not want your own government to warn you of such?

It is akin to having your look out, telling you where the cops are. If your not breaking the law, present your ID and then go your merry way.

Wow, so citizens from Mexico could never have a legal right to visit the US. Exaggeration much?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

He/She will not reply to this logic.. I've mentioned it a few times, and sorta give up I guess..

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The oligarchs that run both the United States and Mexico are both fine with the illegal immigration situation as it stands. The law enacted in Arizona and the responding statement by the Mexican government are merely to play to the frustrations of the average constituent in each respective country. .

The statement is just a ploy to make the Mexican citizenry feel like the government cares about them, when in fact it is only pandering for their votes and maintaining the status quo for the elites in both countries.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheFelt

Is your post exaggeration much. Nobody is saying that Mexicans don't have a right to visit here LEGALLY. They are welcome to live here LEGALLY. What we are saying is they don't have a right to be here ILLEGALLY, and every means possible should be used to get them out.

Personally, I welcome people of any race to this country as long as they do it legally, and by that I dont mean its ok if the government just gives illegals amnesty.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

But the article that this thread is focused on is a travel warnings for people traveling into and through Arizona, yet people are trying to skew it into him trying to aid illegals.. I don't see the connection at all.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by broahes

They are not scewing it. This is the same man who said it would threaten our relations with Mexico if they passed this law. Obviously, he is big fan of his citizens illegally entering our country, so whose to say that he is not warning both legal and illegal Mexicans "visiting" the US.

Why the need to warn them to stay away from Arizona if they are here legally? If they were asked for proof of a right to be here they could just show their paperwork, so there is no need to warn them.

It is no different than when I go to Asia and every country I enter asks me for my passport and visa when I enter and everytime I go to a government office or have an interaction with their law enforcement officials. Do you see the US government warning me that they may ask me for my paperwork in China or Thailand or Vietnam. etc?

Really? So it is now a crime against humanity for all of these nations to ask me for proof that I have applied for the right to visit or live in their country? You cannot be serious.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoneyMaroney
reply to post by broahes

Why the need to warn them to stay away from Arizona if they are here legally?
It is no different than when I go to Asia and every country I enter asks me for my passport and visa when I enter and everytime I go to a government office or have an interaction with their law enforcement officials. Do you see the US government warning me that they may ask me for my paperwork in China or Thailand or Vietnam. etc?

"Until it is clearly defined under what criteria, when, where and who the authorities will check, you should assume that every Mexican citizen could be harassed and questioned without cause at any moment," it said.
From the article.

Where in that did he tell anyone to stay away from Arizona?

When they cross the border, they are asked for their passport/papers.. that isn't the point, and clearly you will not see it no matter how much it is pointed out.

Disprove that there isn't a possibility that someone could be harassed due to this bill and I will gladly retract my argument..

I love the way this argument has turned even those against illegal immigration against one another..

At the end of the day.. despite my displeasure with illegal immigration, there are two facts:

1, the Federal Government is to oversee immigration, therefore this very real problem is theirs to take care of.

and more importantly

2, States do not have any authority over immigration.. as the constitution states that any powers not granted to the Federal Government by the constitution are reserved to the States or the People. Since the federal government has the authority.. States need to first rally to amend the Constitution.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by broahes

LOL, so now it is harrasment to ask a person for their paperwork, except for at the point of entry into their country. Listen, somebody better have a talk with the rest of the world then, because everytime I go to Asia I am asked for my paperwork when I board a flight, when I go into a government office requesting something, when my internal flight lands in another part of the country, when I stopped by police for violating the law, etc...

So wouldnt that make it harrasment when I get pulled over for speeding in the US and the officer asks me for a drivers license. Oh the harrasent of pulling it out of my wallet. How can I be expected to do so much. LOL!

Furthermore, if the Federal government would just enforce its own laws then AZ wouldn't have had to go this route. When the Feds fail to do their job then are we just left to bend over and wait for it?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The new law prohibits undocumented workers from being hired from a vehicle on a public street.

Oh the horrors of it all...

All those damn Mexican tourist getting in the back of pickup trucks to offset the cost of their vacation...

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

LOL indeed..

Congrats, you are right, and it's amazing that you can be so right without even reading a single thing that I have written.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join