It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Arizona’s New Immigration Law Paved The Way For Multiple State Secession?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
In lieu of the outrage from Arizona’s citizens regarding the influx of illegal criminal activity (note several bad apples have ruined the bushel, not all the apples are bad), Arizona has accepted a new law that reinforces the current Federal law on immigration. This is because the current administration is neglecting to enforce the federal laws that protect us along our borders. Texas (G_D love’em, don’t mess with Texas) is considering enacting a similar law. Perhaps to reason, Nevada, and maybe, maybe California. A reasonable conclusion, from the neglect or abandonment by the current administration, would be for some of these States to secede. In fact, there have been multiple discussions or proposals for secession within the last decade.
The patriotism from our founding fathers and past Presidents is expressed thusly:
United States President James Buchanan, Fourth Annual Message to Congress on the State of the Union December 3, 1860: "The fact is that our Union rests upon public opinion, and can never be cemented by the blood of its citizens shed in civil war. If it can not live in the affections of the people, it must one day perish. Congress possesses many means of preserving it by conciliation, but the sword was not placed in their hand to preserve it by force."
United States President Thomas Jefferson: "If any state in the Union will declare that it prefers separation...to a continuance in union... I have no hesitation in saying, 'let us separate. "
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
G_D Bless America, it's citizens, military and the 3%!

I just added:
Here is the link for the Bill.
www.azleg.gov.../legtext/49leg/2r/summary/s.1070pshs_housechanges.doc.htm
and to the AZ legislature website.
www.azleg.gov...

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Violater1]

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

In a nutshell.

So the real question is. Arizona and possibly now Texas maneuvering a Pro American situation is now being perceived as a Anti US movement?

Edit I was just reading about Nevada

[edit on 28-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Why is enforcing the same federal legal law now considered Illegal? Silly sympathizers need to get off the S.S. Political Correctness, it is sinking fast. Any US Citizen who is against enforcement of the current laws of illegal immigration needs to denounce their citizenship and move to country whose laws are to your liking.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I hope that states start to secede because it will be the only thing to try and straighten out our out of control gov't.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
That would be incredibly irresponsible to secede when or talk of it when you have not used the political options.
Secession is ugly it is brutal it will not matter what color u are and if you are illegal or not.It would cost lives.

Arizona has balls and has a very politically smart state legislature.
You must use every avenue before you consider secession and even when you do consider that you must plan and find funding for it over seas or wherever.

Wars might be started by people or ideas, but banking and funding with them hands down and that is the way the world works. Weather you want to see it or not.

When you seced you become vulnerable and you make even more enemies than you had before. That means you fail.

The only way it is possible is that you seceed and have a quiet deal to rejoin Mexico. Otherwise your secession will be destroyed by the nation yo seceded from.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I laugh at anyone who thinks that seccession is even an option in the modern world.

I also laugh at anyone who thinks an seccession attempt would make things "better".

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

In a nutshell.

So the real question is. Arizona and possibly now Texas maneuvering a Pro American situation is now being perceived as a Anti US movement?

Edit I was just reading about Nevada

[edit on 28-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

Here is what The Nevada Appeal reports,"
Gov. Jim Gibbons said Monday that Nevada doesn't need an immigration law like the one approved in Arizona last week.

“Nevada has a problem with illegal immigrants in the state but doesn't have an international border,” he said.

Gibbons said Arizona's law was the result of its border with Mexico.

“The real problem in Arizona is it was forced to take action because of the lack of action of the federal government, which has failed miserably,” he said after the Board of Examiners meeting Monday.
The third Republican in the primary race, Mike Montandon, didn't come out in support of the Arizona law, saying simply, “I can't believe we are having to sit here and debate and answer the question, ‘Should illegal be illegal.'”

Wow Gibons danced around that one, but his challenger, GOP Montandon, hits the nail on the head.
Can you say, Governor Montandon? Sure I knew you could.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You my friend are a fool. I think that at this point with the way things are going, the only thing that is going to keep the gov't in check, is to secede. That will be the only way of getting their attention.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaxpayersUnleashed

Arizona has balls and has a very politically smart state legislature.
You must use every avenue before you consider secession and even when you do consider that you must plan and find funding for it over seas or wherever.

The vary avenues and streets you talk about, have become a beaten path. Is it possible that many are tired of these avenues, and it's time to redraw the map?
You infer a violent insurrection, and it doesn't have to be that way. Additionally, you state that if there was a secession, that the USA would not come to the rescue. Hasn't it already come to the rescue of Croatia, Iraq, Iran, Bosnia....?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Never thought I'd see the day, but a quick search shows this headline:
Arizona Becoming First State to Secede From Union

The seeds for this secession were planed in 2000, with Arizona Bill, HCR 2034 proposing for full secession if certain conditions happened.

Related Links:
realityme.net...

www.breakitdownblog.com...

I think it will happen, signs are pointing in that direction now, more than ever.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I believe that arizona has paved the way for multiple state secession. Remember when people were talking about martial law. Now you know what that was all about. Taking control over our illegal immagrants problems. We already sent troops to chicago to help the police when this situation comes to a head.I hope the illegals go peacefully to the fema camps, when they take them out of arizona. You will see more troops getting sent out to help the police when more states follow arizona law. Im sure our military can handle the situation when it gets out of hand. 22 million, i wonder where all the illegals will be put. We only have so many fema camps. The illegals in jail will go too on that train out of here. I hope they all go peacefully to the camps to be processed and shipped out by train. peace.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
Why is enforcing the same federal legal law now considered Illegal? Silly sympathizers need to get off the S.S. Political Correctness, it is sinking fast. Any US Citizen who is against enforcement of the current laws of illegal immigration needs to denounce their citizenship and move to country whose laws are to your liking.

It's not the same federal law. This allows for unreasonable search and seizures of persons. This law paves the way for discrimination and manipulation by the police. I think it'll get struck down, and good riddance.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I don't think that this would pave the way for multiple state Secession, however, I do believe that depending on what the federal government does will have an effect on such. The problem is that the federal government has forgotten the one basic principle of being in that position, that government is a social contract and a solem duty to the people for which it represents, that it is there at the will of the people. For far too long the question of illegale immigration has plagued many states on different levels and not just Mexico. The only reason why Mexico is on the forefront of everyones mind is that it is our neighbor, and like a bad neighbors we are abusing each other.
I do believe that if the federal government keeps on its unwise course and ignoring the will of the people, it will lay the ground work for states wanting to break away.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76

You my friend are a fool. I think that at this point with the way things are going, the only thing that is going to keep the gov't in check, is to secede. That will be the only way of getting their attention.

Right mate

and the best way to stop big government is to give them the power to stop and detain people based upon appearance

When the south of the border folks finally out populate us, you might have yer turn or yer descendants.

Of course by then the practice will be old news, nobody will listen, what do you care though, its today, tomorrow is so far away...

Fight the government powers, by giving them more

Just because some people are fools, doesn't mean you are not one yourself

Janky

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555

Originally posted by prionace glauca

It's not the same federal law. This allows for unreasonable search and seizures of persons. This law paves the way for discrimination and manipulation by the police. I think it'll get struck down, and good riddance.

Here is the link for the Bill.
www.azleg.gov.../legtext/49leg/2r/summary/s.1070pshs_housechanges.doc.htm
and to the AZ legislature website.
www.azleg.gov...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ReVoLuTiOn76

You know you are right...what was I thinking *smacks head*

It WILL get their attention...it will get the attention of the Army, of the Airforce, of the National Guard...it will get the attention of the stealth bombers and abrahms tanks...it will get the attention of the NSA, CIA, and FBI.

You are so right...if your state attempts to secede it will get LOADS of attention...it will be like a party...but with bombs and bullets instead of ice cream and cake.

So don't let me stop you...let the party begin.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

But if they bomb us when we try to secede, won't they be killing all of those illegal immigrants they are now trying to protect?

How UN P.C. would that be?

Besides which, we're so ignorant and backwards down here in AZ., wouldn't we be doing the rest of the country a favor by going our own way? Think about how much the rest of the country could progress if we weren't part of it.

Kinda seems to me that someone like you would WANT us to secede.

Peace

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

First of all Buchanan was a confederate apologist who decided to let the confederacy run its course in 1860 because the Republicans won the elections. He did not like the election outcome, did not like the fact Breckinridge lost to Lincoln. Breckinridge then joined the confederacy after he lost the 1860 elections. If Brekinridge won the elections would he had supported the Confederacy? So I find it rather interesting you used Buchanan's comment to justify the confederacy wanting to leave as he and much of the Democrats had a political agenda at the time for letting it run its cause.

As for the other statements and references, they have little relevance to the constitution. Constitution does not specifically say succession anywhere. In anycase I really doubt that succession will solve illegal immigration for Arizona or Texas, infact it will make the situation worse. For starters Arizona will no longer have the support of the Federal border patrol which as much as people tend to complain about has largely protected the borders for over a century. Arizonans would need to fork up their own funds to look over those borders. That may prove to be a further problem as Arizona comes from a list of states that spends more on the dollar from the Federal Government it gives back.

Then there is the deal with the fact that Latino's already take up around a third or more of these states and they are set to take majority of these states populations within a decade or so. Is that a problem? No it should'nt be because they are verywell americans like the rest of us. I can't say it won't be a problem for those pushing succession to escape the brown people because this is in part the silent reasoning here.

Ah yes, and Arizona will have to figure on its own defense force. Lets just cross out the navy as they will be landlocked. Then there is the issue of funds as Arizona has either little resources or has already depleted resources needed to get its economy running. So what is the country going to exactly run on to maintain its current development as a higher income nation? What? are they going to make a trade agreement with Mexico? Considering the states actions would the Mexicans accept this? Oh yes but you'll have Texas won't ya? Ah but then you'll have to convince New Mexico to tag along so then you have access to Texas! Oh the drama!

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This is not about secession, at all. In fact, it is an attempt to avoid such. States actually using the power given them in the constitution within the union. This is the only way we will be able to control the federal government - by asserting States' rights within the legal system. Secession is economically disastrous (interstate commerce) unless many states join together to do this. The only time secession is a viable option is if the federal government is successful in forcibly (by physical force) stopping states from enforcing legal laws - like this one.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
This is not about secession, at all. In fact, it is an attempt to avoid such. States actually using the power given them in the constitution within the union. This is the only way we will be able to control the federal government - by asserting States' rights within the legal system. Secession is economically disastrous (interstate commerce) unless many states join together to do this. The only time secession is a viable option is if the federal government is successful in forcibly (by physical force) stopping states from enforcing legal laws - like this one.

Not legal

Unconstitutional

and not in line the AZ. state constitution either

a WALL would be constitutional

this is not

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join