It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Announces Wednesday Media Teleconference About Search For Extraterrestrial Life

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
So, what do you gentlefolk think about the bottom of the article photo

from the UK's Sun...? not exactly the journal 'Nature' but if valid,

this would outclass some interesting posted pics of martian dune-worms

and more compelling controversial pics of polar cap color changes during

the martian spring.

Hoax vs. Real photos - from the SUN paper

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cybernet

Hmm, seems like the kind of conference that wouldn't jump out to the public, but overall I guess it was something? Either way star to you and thanks for the run down. Completely forgot about it and probably wouldn't have been able to see it anyway due to classes.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
reply to post by Matrix Rising

the reality is this: if they find traces of aliens, they probably consulted some guys in the scientific community ... so, who knows ...

I just checked the official NASA site and the agenda for the meeting. Boring! for today Wednesday, and for most of Thursday, but late tomorrow Rusty Swickert (sp?) and another guy are going to discuss this:

"2:15–2:35 pm Ad-Hoc Task Force on Planetary Defense Mr. Rusty Schweickart, Co-Chair
Dr. Thomas Jones, Co-Chair"

That is hardly enough time to discuss anything--and two of them to do it!

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Aliensun]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Shweet! S+F to the poster. WHile I don't think they'll expose much if anything, it is still very interesting for NASA to do this. Hopefully these are the first steps of disclosure. Come on, I need some excitement in my life right now!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I respect Hawkings view. I've read a few of his books.

As far as NASA.

They could look for Aliens in as many petri dishes as they want. They know and they're still not talking. I think they want to play the "How did we get here" bit in order to build up our supposed understanding for later disclosure when they feel the masses are ready.

Damn!
Foiled again.

Here you go. For you Hawkings fans.

Into the Universe With Stephen Hawking

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Searching for extraterrestrial life??? Anyone who had dealings with a lawyer recently already knows that not only do they exist but they fleece you for all you've got.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I think any proposals that will lead to a greater understanding of our biological evolution, as well as the chance to discover and study microbial life on other planets, can only be a good thing. I know a lot of people believe that extraterrestrial, intra-temporal, and/or interdimensional advanced life forms are and already have been for ages visiting Earth and that NASA is simply covering it up, but I have seen no conclusive proof of such whatsoever personally. I have seen what I consider to be evidence (though still not conclusive proof by any means in my view) that any officially known contact may be being concealed by the military establishment, but barring proof, anything that advances our understanding of whether life has emerged on other planets and moons in our solar system has to be a good thing in my opinion. Life on one planet (Earth) could be an isolated incident (not seemingly likely, but technically possible.) Life on even one more planet or moon - even microbial life - means that the odds of high order life on other worlds increases. Studying this is important and necessary in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Buzz Aldrin went uncharacteristically silent after he was invited to fly on
Air Force One with the President a few days ago. I wonder what was
shared with Buzz to scare or intimidate him into silence?

-cwm

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrVertigo
Cool! Thanks for the heads up.

The timing is certainly very interesting. This fits right in with what Richard Hoagland has been talking about with Mars' moon Phobos recently.

Here's a radio show with him on that subject: www.theunexplained.tv...

Buzz Aldrin has also been going on about Phobos for a while now.

And he rode with Obama on Air Force One on the way to the space summit recently.

The timing of the Stephen Hawkings programmes are also interesting. & there are many more things going on.

I've always been skeptical about official disclusure happening but it really looks like things are heating up.

I have to agree with you, something is going on maybe not today but at some time they are building up something for the world. The Hawkins thing was the big thing. For one the next day after the sunday night broadcast, it was on almost all news cast talking about this or halfway ridiculing it but the majority had a positive view that a person like Hawkins believed in aliens (I'm sure he's said this before but why all of a sudden it's important now). Then it's the Ancient Aliens series on the History Channel that in my opinion and others is the best presentation of trying to solve if Aliens affected Humanity or if this planet is humanities home in the first place. I truly believe that something is in the works and it will be that there is life on mars and then their are ruins in on the moon and mars. And Phobos and the other moon on mars, lets put this in perspective.

I'm going out on a limb here but I've commented on this more than once. We and others may know about the niburu legend where the so and so planet gets close to earth and the aliens from that planet came to earth. Then the comment of people or beings coming to this planet. What if Mars is Niburu and that at one time they where using ships (either because mars was dying or colonization) to get from mars to earth and back using Phobos. The beings could have decided to drill out a small asteroid and put instrumentation and rockets and living space in it in order to have a massive spaceship that can hold alot of people. Or instead of a massive rocket, you look at the massive crater at one end and it could have been used as a bomb drive (thats been one theory that NASA put out by using a nuke of some sort to be dropped at the back of a ship and when it goes off the radiation pressure would push a ship, especially if you have a concave crater at one end to act as a pocket).

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Cybernet

Many thanks to Cybernet for the highlights. I was stuck on the God forsaken M6 motorway on my way home from work at the time of the conference!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Conferance audo is here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

along with a video.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terviseks
"NASA will hold a news media teleconference at 1:30 p.m. EDT, Wednesday, April 28, to discuss the status of agency-sponsored astrobiology research, including the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life and the study of how life began on Earth.

How life began on Earth... Do you know why they are still trying to find this answer?... No one has EVER been able to prove that life evolved from a"primordial soup which was hit by lightning".... Experiements have been done and have been subject to electricity, lightning, etc, yet NOTHING has happened.

I am not saying creation is right, but there are many unanswered questions about how life began on Earth, and the claim of how life was formed from a "primordial soup which was hit by lightening."

What if the universe is infinite, and never ending and we just go from cycle, to cycle, just as we go from generation to generation?

What if life as we know it ceases to exist in this part of the universe but continues on another, and in the next cycle life moves back into this part of the Universe again?

Many atheists love to laugh at people who believe in creationism, yet even most atheists believe in the Big Bang theory, and the Big Bang theory....

The problem with the Big Bang, Alfvén believed, is similar to that with Chapman's theories, which the scientific community accepted mistakenly for decades: Astrophysicists have tried too hard to extrapolate the origin of the universe from mathematical theories developed on the blackboard. The appeal of the Big Bang, said Alfvén, has been more ideological than scientific. When men think about the universe, there is always a conflict between the mythical approach and the empirical scientific approach. In myth, one tries to deduce how the gods must have created the world - what perfect principles must have been used."

To Alfvén, the Big Bang was a myth - a myth devised to explain creation. "I was there when Abbe Georges Lemaitre first proposed this theory," he recalled. Lemaitre was, at the time, both a member of the Catholic hierarchy and an accomplished scientist. He said in private that this theory was a way to reconcile science with St. Thomas Aquinas' theological dictum of creatio ex nihilo or creation out of nothing.

public.lanl.gov...

So keep laughing at people about their beliefs when you yourself have similar beliefs...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Anyway, does anyone know more or less what they talked about?

Could someone make a summary of what was said? Thanks.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Anyway, does anyone know more or less what they talked about?

Could someone make a summary of what was said? Thanks.

On Page 9. Cybernet made a quick run-down of what was asked and answered

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Gigantea Rosa

I also have a thread with the video if you check my profile you will see it

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
when we looked at three different sites on mars as pasrt of a recent remote viewing project (all done BLIND) I did pick-up life like that was discussed in the NASA discussions:

here the page from my remote viewing on target 1:

The full project and remote viewing can be seen in full here:
www.farsight.org...

Daz

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dazsmith

Your writting is very hard to understand. Could you tell us what is written there an it's significance to the NASA conference? Thanks.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Gigantea Rosa

Thank you for that will look it up. I stopped on page 6 and didn't see anyone say anything about it, which is why I asked. Again, thank you for the heads up.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Your writting is very hard to understand. Could you tell us what is written there an it's significance to the NASA conference? Thanks.

yes it says:

LIFE (this was what i was trying to get info on as I had a feeling it was present)

small,
bubbly,
round

warm,
cell-like,
virus,
soup,

Then there is a sketch of a bubbly shaped form with annotations of the parts:

Green, thick, gelatinous.

spaced, circular, halo, light, liquid/water.

Dense, partials, darker, concentrated.

AOL: Life.

Remember mind this was a blind target - meaning I had no information upfront.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

Pretty much everything I heard on the conference and also The Sun article were true. So no hoax there... NASA is holding information back, you could tell by the way they answered some questions... soon enough my friend you'll see things you won't be able to explain...

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join