It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Ronald W. Reagan Dies - 1911~2004

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Bush will be speaking more tomorrow and some plans for the funeral will be laid out for the media.

I'm sure it'll end up taking place on wednesday or thursday, probably going to be a national holiday.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I wa lucky enough to have the honor to cast my very first vote in a presidential election for this great man. No one since has garnered the respect he did. With his passing I fear we have seen the last of the "Great American Statesman".

Dutch was someone that could actually inspire you, make you feel good to be a citizen of the United States. A man that genuinely loved his wife, his family and his country.

This afternoon, I attended an exhibit of artifacts retrieved from the wreck of the Titanic an event that changed the course of the 20th century and ended the gilded age. I emerged from that museum to hear of the passing of the instigator of the last defining moment of that century, the end of the cold war. A very sad day for me indeed.

I, of course, realize that the man we knew hasn't really been there for a while, But I guess I always kinda saw him on that horse, riding around his ranch enjoying his retirement.

Sleep well, great man.... have a jelly bean on me.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
A sad day indeed. I believe Mr. Reagen was one of the classiest Presidents. He brought me joy, especially the "Well". I have not seen any of his movies, but I will now. My prayers and condolences go out to Nancy, his family and friends.
May God rest his soul.....

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well..........

Politics aside....he was one of the best speakers I ever heard in my lifetime. He really could get his message across. The Berlin Wall speech comes to mind......

His letters are illuminating to his often overlooked intellect. It is a shame that in the end, his mind was robbed from him.

RIP Mr. Reagan

And Bushy! Watch those Ronnie tapes, you could learn a thing or two about public speaking!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
A sad day for America. Rest in peace Mr. President.

I think he will have his face on Mt. Rushmore in the future, I hope so.

Variable

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Originally posted by AD5673
What!?!?!?!?!?! That poor man!!! Why the hell do people like him have to die!!! He's my favirote president!!

Come on people he was 93 years old. He had a long full life. Nothing to be sad about here.

What the hell is your proble!?!?!? What are you heartless???? I want to see someone you loved die a 93 years old and you'll be crying your eyes out!!! You should never say things like that!!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Actually i must agree with Ocelot on this one.

At age 93 he had done everything he set out to do (that we know of) and lived a fruitful life with a loving wife and family.

He was ravaged by Alzheimers, sometimes its just better for someone to go than for them to be reduced to a dribbling mess. I believe it is known as mercy.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I am never happy when someone dies but he was one of the most corrupt, underhanded, and intolerant Presidents that have existed....

Contras anyone...

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
No need for sadness over the passing of the Gipper. His mind, his memories were stolen by a horrible disease a long time ago. A few hours ago, one of the greatest leaders of not only the United States, but also the world, heard his Creator say, "Well done, good and faithful servant." Mrs. Reagan, a woman who should be admired and revered by all for her love and loyalty to her husband, will now be able to rest after several years of dedication to a terminally ill husband whose fate was not one of if, but when. They will be reunited one day.

Reagan was the man who took office during dark times for this nation. Double digit inflation, double digit interest rates, an humiliating time when some of our countrymen were being held hostage, and a general loss of dignity gripped our nation. Reagan proved, just as JFK did, that slashing incredibly high tax rates would ease not only ease the burden of the tax payers but also increase revenue by increasing the tax base (growth in business, creating more jobs for Americans). Reagan showed the world that yes, you can call evil by its name, look it in the eye with courage and conviction and win. Many here at this board only know about the Soviet Union and the Cold War because of history books. Some of us were around then, and some of us were fortunate enough to be serving the nation in the military while Dutch was Commander in Chief, and remember the enormous pride we felt because we knew he had the backbone to do what needed to be done.
And while tackling all these problems, he did it with a positive outlook for the future that was contagious. He reminded us that we were fortunate to be citizens of a great and good nation and that we could accomplish whatever task was set before us. He personified the concept of rugged individualism and courage, and at the same time was an humble and unassuming gentleman.

Good bye, Mr. Reagan.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Well, I will miss him.

'The Great Communicator' was just that, and I can only imagine what he could have done post-presidency, had he not been robbed of what made him so great.

I can still hear him saying,..."Tear Down This Wall",...
and down they came.

He had an All-American life for sure!

[edit on 5-6-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Thanks for the quotes, Nerdling. Some made me laugh out loud. He was the greatest president during my life. And, above all...the president with the greatest delivery. He was a real corker.

I'm glad he's not suffering with the terrible illness of alzheimers anymore

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Significantly, Reagan�s alien statement was made in response to the question - " What do you consider to be the most important need in International Relations?" Reagan replied:

" I�ve often wondered...what if all of us in the world discovered that we were threatened by an outer - a power from outer space, from another planet. Wouldn�t we all of a sudden find that we didn�t have any differences between us at all, we were all human beings, citizens of the world, and wouldn�t we come together to fight that particular threat . . ."

I believe President Reagan was one of the best. The suffering is over......
May he 'Rest in Peace' God Bless you sir.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Come on AD, stop getting hysterical over it.

Afterall he was out to lunch for most of his second term, and the country was run by his advisors. Hell, being a president was the best bit of acting he ever did. Hense the reason he acted fantastic during set pieces and fell apart during the debates and when forced to be spontanious as oposed to reading from an auto cue...

What!?!?!?!?!?! That poor man!!! Why the hell do people like him have to die!!! He's my favirote president!!

Come on people he was 93 years old. He had a long full life. Nothing to be sad about here.

What the hell is your proble!?!?!? What are you heartless???? I want to see someone you loved die a 93 years old and you'll be crying your eyes out!!! You should never say things like that!!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I remember the first time that I was able to vote ( I was FINALLY 18 years old).

My father went with me. I went there ONLY to vote for Reagan.

I remember when the hostages were released from Iran.

I remember the attempted assassination.

I remember "Tear down this wall"

I remember Reagan's sadness after the space shuttle disaster.

I remember both my grandparents diagnosed with the same disease the same year Reagan was. Both are beyond "this realm."

May you rest in peace. You were very much loved by many.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Come on AD, stop getting hysterical over it.

Afterall he was out to lunch for most of his second term, and the country was run by his advisors. Hell, being a president was the best bit of acting he ever did. Hense the reason he acted fantastic during set pieces and fell apart during the debates and when forced to be spontanious as oposed to reading from an auto cue...

Netty, you are passing on crap that has no truth to it. Reagan was in control.
Please, back off a bit with the crap, if for no other reason but outr of respect for right now.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Ronni Reagan was good President in my view and most probably a great person see ya Ron

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Thanks TC!

This is what I had typed to NC, but didn't post... pfffft

NC! You're talking out of your "non-american", you-don't-know-what-you're-talking-about Chicken butt.

lol

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Heh, I'll leave you guys to your fallacies and blinkered historical memories, till a later time.

But remember the debates, when he didn't have a clue, looked old and lost with a blank mind on Prime time TV.
Remember the shocked commentators at the time, and the endless prompting needed from his advisors.
His desire to let other make the rules, the endless jokes about "where is Regans brain" by Trudeau and others?
The debates in the media about when is a president not fit to lead.
The farsical scenes where he was still leading the country whilst critically ill in hospital, so that power wasn't passed to the vice president, as democracy demanded.

... lets not get too soppy sentimental ...

You guys are suckers for good television

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
A Man who served not only His Nation and the People of America, but also helped in actually trying to take our world away from the madness and horror from the use nuclear weapons. Though he was not perfect and had his critics, one must remember that we humans are imperfect on this world. And Ronald W. Reagan should be remembered as a True Man of Honour as a person who tried and did his best in serving not only for the benifit of his nation, but also in the whole for the benifit of all nations upon our world.

A Man and Warrior, who tried to be both truthful to himself his family, friends and nation, every moment of his wonderful and challenging life.

Sincerley,

jedhihades

RONALD W. REAGAN 1911 - 2004AD

RACE ODD NAB AI LANGUAGE DATA SPACE
WANTON DECREED TACTICIAN SPACE
REJECTED EVER ALL GOD ARE NAME SPACE
SACRED KALIEDOSCOPE SPACE
I SPACE
TECHNICAL INDIVIDUAL OPERATORS INNER DEEMED ASCRIBE DENY SPACE

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mundane Egg
I am never happy when someone dies but he was one of the most corrupt, underhanded, and intolerant Presidents that have existed....

Contras anyone...

Contras........yeah you were probably one of those people in 87 who was expecting the whole admin to be thrown in jail or forced to resign. Its funny to read some of the things your ilk printed back then, and how off they were. Let go of politics for a momment and leave the mans memory a postive one.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join