It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Ronald W. Reagan Dies - 1911~2004

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Mr. President,
MAY GOD BE WITH YOU!!!!

Whether you agreed or not with the man. He was honest with the public. Something I think we haven't seen since. Instead of insiting an arguement, all I want to say is Mr. President, May GOD be with you...And above all...THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
- let us not us the name of Reagan and honesty in the same sentence...Iran/Contra...how about his handling of Afghanistan...that led to the Taliban and Al-Qeda...

May his family suffer no more and let his walk on the Bardo be uneventful...

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mundane Egg
- let us not us the name of Reagan and honesty in the same sentence...Iran/Contra...how about his handling of Afghanistan...that led to the Taliban and Al-Qeda...

May his family suffer no more and let his walk on the Bardo be uneventful...

How can anyone...Including YOU be so MEAN.
A great man died today. He ended the Cold War...and you make him out to be a villian. I hope you die soon!!!!! This man saved us from Nuclear Inaliation and you speak badly of him. The Cold War ended because he asked......"Mr. Gorbachev, Tear down this Wall."

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
CSRules, the guy is obviously an idiot with no clue of the history of the times and has such little style and grace that he is trying to turn this goodbye thread into a political debate. Ignore the dirtbag while I wait patiently to nuke him.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
At the risk of sounding old-fashioned, I will only cite what my parents taught me: Even if you disagree with a man, he is due honor on the day of his death.
May God honor Ronald Reagan.
joey

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I cant believe how old he was as president, like late 60's and into his 70's while being president??!?!!

May he rest in peace.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I liked Ronnie. But I never forget that he was brilliant at manipulating public opinion about himself and that is why my view is somewhat chastened.

He was a good president because he was a trained actor. His experience in the movie industry transferred to politics and helped him to be remembered as a good guy. If he wasn't such a good actor would he still be remembered as such a great president? I would like to think so, but I can't help thinking that the lovable figure was a part of the act.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Somewhere a child is asking
"Daddy, what's the Soviet Union?"

Rest in Peace Mr President. We Love you.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
On 28 January 1986, in his TV broadcast to the nation on the day of the space shuttle Challenger disaster, President Reagan concluded: `We will never forget them this morning as they prepared for their journey and waved goodbye and slipped the surly bonds of earth to touch the face of God.'
Now our dear President has also slipped the surly bonds of earth, and is touching the face of God.
I'm sure he's heard, "Well done, good and faithful servant".
Rest well, Mr. President.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
What an irony, yesterday, on my birthday, we lost President Reagan. He was a hero of mine, and I don't have many. He was, in my humble opinion, the greatest president of my lifetime. He will be greatly missed.

"What I'd really like to do is go down in history as the president who made Americans believe in themselves again."

You did that, sir, and I salute you.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Rest in peace Ronnie....

You were the best of the best....

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
You can write something in the condolence book, if you want. Just click on the link below.

www.ronaldreaganmemorial.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
President Reagan was a man I greatly admired, though I wasn't even out of my teens when he left office in 1989. Here are a few quotes from speeches that will stand the test of history, as well as one quote that's just plain fun! The first three quotes, however, still carry so much weight today. Liberty, Reagan recognized, was the ulitmate right of man, and one that must be protected.

May God grant him eternal rest.

----
�It�s just the tendency of government to grow, for practices and programs to become the nearest thing to eternal life we�ll ever see on this earth. And there�s always that well intentioned chorus of voices saying �with a little more power and a little more money we could do so much for the people.� For a time we forgot the American dream isn�t one of making government bigger, it�s keeping faith with the mighty spirit of free people under God.� -- Ronald W. Reagan, State of the Union Address 1984

�And this idea that government is beholden to the people, that it has no other source of power except the sovereign people, is still the newest and the most unique idea in all the long history of man�s relation to man. This is the issue of this election: whether we believe in our capacity for self government or whether we abandon the American Revolution and confess that a little, intellectual elite in a far distant capital can plan our lives for us better than we can plan them ourselves.� -- Ronald W. Reagan, Oct. 27, 1964

�In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem. From time to time we�ve been tempted to believe that society has become too complex to be managed by self rule, that government by an elite group is superior to government for, by, and of the people. But if no one among us is capable of governing himself, then who among us has the capacity to govern someone else?� -- Ronald W. Reagan, Inaugural Address 1981

�The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they�re ignorant, it�s just that they know so much that isn�t so.� -- Ronald W. Reagan

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
America will never be the same....one of our greatest presidents, a man I could admire.
He made me proud to be an American. He honored the Presidency and loved his country.

I know he is in a better place.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I wrote a special message to Mrs. Reagan in the condolence book for the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation this morning. This afternoon I received this e-mail.

Sunday, June 06, 2004

Dear xxxxx xxxxx

On behalf of Mrs. Reagan and all of us affiliated with the Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation, I want to thank you for signing our condolence book.

Your act of kindness will be shared with Mrs. Reagan and while she will not be able to respond personally, please know how much she appreciates your thoughtfulness. Your message along with all the messages we receive will be stored permanently at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum -- the place Ronald Reagan built to preserve his legacy.

As you may know, we have established the Ronald Reagan Memorial Fund to support programs and activities at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum that will forever perpetuate the timeless principles that Ronald Reagan championed -- Individual Liberty, Economic Opportunity, Global Democracy, and National Pride. If you are interested in more information about this program, please refer to our web site at www.reaganfoundation.org...

Sincerely,

Duke Blackwood
Executive Director

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
It was interesting reading the Chinese language newspapers this morning. He is remembered by Americans as someone who ended the Cold War and returned confidence to a country that badly needed it. Here in Taiwan, he is remembered as a friend after the dispicable betrayal of President Carter.

As for me, an American living in Taiwan, he is a great man who will be missed.

RIP Mr. President!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
First I want to say it is sad to hear of the President's passing. Agree with him or not he did restore the role of the President in America, coming on the heals of several failed presidencies and at a time the media today reports that serious discussion was occuring among politicians that we needed to change our government to eliminate the president and move towards a parlimentary system (can you imagine those discussions today).

Now with that said... Did the rest of the world just stop? I mean before his death all the news was focused on us basically getting attacked again by terrorist and soon. That we are in a fight for our lives in regards to the elections. That the security risk to this country far out weighed all news stories.

Now, nothing. Soldiers still dying in Iraq. Al Queda still gunning for us, but we are not even talking about it. Scares me a bit, good time for someone (just a random nut) to make a hit on us while our backs are turned.

I believe we should honor the man, he earned it. But let's hope the media gets back on focus and does not miss something since they have their resources pointed elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I posted this link to the article below not to make judgement but simply to have all information considered.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KILLER, COWARD, CON-MAN
GOOD RIDDANCE, GIPPER ...
MORE PROOF ONLY THE GOOD DIE YOUNG
Sunday, June 6, 2004

by Greg Palast

www.gregpalast.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Afterall he was out to lunch for most of his second term, and the country was run by his advisors. Hell, being a president was the best bit of acting he ever did. Hense the reason he acted fantastic during set pieces and fell apart during the debates and when forced to be spontanious as oposed to reading from an auto cue...

* I feel like I should put a picture of teenage me in uniform, crew cut & all with this post *

He was my first vote. He was a stellar embodiment of 25% of what makes a great president: delivering your lines with conviction. That leaves 75%. I agree completely with Netchicken, so no need to bang on the "foreigner" bad mouthing the Icon of the Neo-Conservative movement - Americans who lived through him & his grossly unbalanced supply side dogma observed the same; at least those for whom 25% does not make a whole, anyway.
And while I left the party, I still had a predominant # of my votes go Republican at the local level & all Federal level go Democrat. Hopefully that will serve as some flame retardant....but I doubt it.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
On par with George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln and FDR. A man among men, a leader among leaders, a loving father and husband.

If we all could only live up to his standards....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join