It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where did everyone come up with their login names?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Mine isn't nearly as meaningful as the rest of yours, and i've actually been trying to come up with a new nickname for everything but i'm not very creative, so i've just stuck with this one

I used to listen to a band Kottonmouth Kings (no weed smokin, just listenin to music), so online i made my name Kottonmouth King and i just kept shortening it

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I live in the foothills of Mount Charleston, in Southern Nevada. In 1999 there was a death in the family and I had to go to Washington State. The drive back was non- stop (except for rest room breaks). By the time I reached Nevada I was so worn out and tired.
Finally the last trek, up the mountain. It was a pitch black and moonless night. Being so tired and exhausted it would have been impossible to find the turn off point. And turning off at the wrong point you could end up dead. Your vehicle would roll-over and crush you Never to be seen again. Shortly before the turn a Brilliant Shooting Star appeared. It lit up the area and I could easily see the road to the right. So that's how I came up with MountainStar. As far as my kitty goes......... Well I borrowed him from Siegfried & Roy.
I've lived on this mountain for 8 years without electricity or phone lines available. Finally got it in July of 1999. Cougars roam these hills and other dangerous creatures. Without the benefits and luxuries of electricity or phone you have to become animal like. You must use all of your senses to avoid danger. In other words a "Feline Spirit".

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well mine's pretty simple. I love Star Wars so I decided to take the name Jedi Master, but I put it as one word JediMaster.

For those who do not know the Jedi are an elite force who protected the Old Rebulic untill Palpatine issued his New Order and formed the Galatic Empire and with the help of Darth Vader they destoyed all the Jedi but a few Yoda, Obi-Wan-Kenobie to name a few. The Jedi Master was the highest rank in the Jedi Order.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Sounds like a nice peaceful place MountainStar, away from all the craziness that goes on living around these big cities. I'm a little jealous.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Arc, I tought It was because of Joan of Arc.
Observer, can I know who id the guy on your avatar ?

In fact, I'm trying to make a yahoo group of Nans/Nance worldwide. I got a lot of play with my name :

NaNs, Means -Not A NumberS- (An arythmetical expression used is computing to express mathematical variable non-numeric).

www.e-nans.com...
www.nanc.org...

(My sister homepage...)
whitelodge.com...

Me and my sister =

But in fact we are an ancient cathares knights sect :

www.geocities.com...

[Edited on 6-3-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

No I'm sorry I really dony know who I am.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Samuel Chase...one of the signers of the US Declaration of Independence...

Am I right?

arc

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

Nans I can understand why you thought that. However Arc is my normal online name and I'd been using it long before I joined this forum.

And my avatar is the high priestess from my tarot pack

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Nans is correct, Arc -- that particular deck (I have it) is using the faces of old movie stars from the black-and-white era. We went through and id'd most of them at one time, but I've totally forgotten who that one is.

But it really IS someone.

Byrd comes from "Admiral Byrd", an explorer. And "bird" didn't seem interesting enough.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Samuel Chase...one of the signers of the US Declaration of Independence...

Am I right?

There was a Samuel Chase but this is not him. Good try though.

Don't feel bad, hell, I have fellow Grad students who are Civil War historians who don't know who he is....

mumbles to self... silly battle nerds... who cares about who shot what bullet at Shiloh?!....

[Edited on 6-3-2003 by observer]

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
mine's not very profound in meaning.. i'm from illinois and i'm a big fan of hiphop and rap, hence the use of ill and i'm a guy

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I stole mine from a friend...

Hey Byrd, there is a rear admirla Byrd at the base near my house, I believe I've already told you that.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hmmmm My name..... One can only wonder.....

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
"mine comes from R.A. Salvatores books about a dark elf, a dwarf, a barbarian, a human, and a halfling"

aegis fang is like..the most evil,evil character i have ever read hah.

mine is from a song..
my subtitle is a character from an hp lovecraft book.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 01:41 AM
link   
My online nick started out as the "field-name" of a character (who is a modern-day ninja-trained professional assassin, potentially immortal) I made for the GURPS role-playing game over 15 years ago. Originally, the field-name used was simply Midnight.

However, once I decided to use it for myself online, I found a lot of Midnight names as well as a lot of variations of Midnight already being used (Midnight Defender & Midnight Madness being a couple of them, as well as our own Midnight Multilator
). So I had to come up with a different variation: Midnight Destroyer.

However, when I tried to use the full name, many places that I went to that required a login ID, they didn't provide enough room for that many alphanumeric characters...So I shortened the name to what you now see. If I need to shorten my nick even more, I usually vary the spelling of Midnight (as MidniteDStroyer, MidnytDStroyer, etc) or just tack a 12 or 1200 on the end of Midnight (ie:Midnight12 or Midnight1200).

My avatar is a pic I drew of my GURPS character wearing his full field-outfit...What you see of that pic is a head-n-shoulder cropshot from the full-figure drawing.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Silence, meaning I can't disclose my name for fear of persacution from the royal family in Britian due to their censorship of speech at the time.

Dogood as in, DO GOOD, be virtuous. That is what I try to represent. The hidden voice and inspiration of the man of knowledge. Speeking of man of knowledge I would like to hear Nagual's answer to the root of his identity. I know what it is but am not sure if it is what he perceives it to be.

To the Observer: thanks for make clear to us the identity of the man as your avatar. Those types of peculiarities drive me crazy. I find it intersting that the men like Dogood and Chase are the ones who seem to pull the strings when most people can't even see what those strings are attached to. I say this can be done on their part because, they are men of knowledge. Now what you said about WHY you observe creeps me out. That is why I am Abraham Virtue. I will now be careful in my relationship with you for you are an outsider and I can't see. You See?

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue

To the Observer: thanks for make clear to us the identity of the man as your avatar. Those types of peculiarities drive me crazy. I find it intersting that the men like Dogood and Chase are the ones who seem to pull the strings when most people can't even see what those strings are attached to. I say this can be done on their part because, they are men of knowledge. Now what you said about WHY you observe creeps me out. That is why I am Abraham Virtue. I will now be careful in my relationship with you for you are an outsider and I can't see. You See?

Umm.. No. Why do I "creep you out"? That is not my intention. I just enjoy reading the debates that happen here and every once in a while tossing in my 2 cents worth. I don't participate more because if I started random history threads they would get deleted since they usually have no bearing on the subject matter of this site. I came here to learn.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   
You gotta admit I was pretty close, hehe... Who'd of thought it was a guy named for a fish? Well...I'm not too crazy about that "In God We Trust" on our coinage bit, but to each his own... Sounds like he did some other good work though...
I've actually heard of him before, but because of the name similarities, I tend to mix the two up...

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
the phoenix is a sign of rebirth, and i wish to make true communism possible, so i'll carry the cross for all who decide to follow me. it's not impossible if human greed can be eliminated, and that is brought on by teaching it to the youth.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I thought I had screwed up. My wording wasn't clear enough. The only thing that creeps me out is the fact that people do lurk in unknown shadows waiting for others to come. You just implied the seriousness of the matter, you know, when it comes down to politics. The man that knows and is right can often be the man that is outcasted and hated. What I am trying to get at is I realize that spies are among us, all I was saying was that you suggestiveness was very influenceful to me. When it comes down to it I think you are a great debater and a senseable man. I encourage your company.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join