It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US biggest 'threat' to China, says top Chinese military expert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

US biggest 'threat' to China, says top Chinese military expert

economictimes.indiatimes.com

The US is the greatest "perceived threat" to the People's Liberation Army (PLA) and cross-Straits relationship was the most likely subject to provoke a China-US war

"The US is the only country capable of threatening China's national security interests in an all-round way,"

"Japan has no such ability, while Russia has no such motivation and India is more worried about China,"

Yang said Beijing was hoping to maintain and develop a stable and healthy relationship with Washington but it also needed to make necessary preparations for any possible threat.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-4-2010 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

"A US navy official in charge of intelligence asked the question and he quickly responded that it was the same case for China about the US," Sun said, adding it is very unique for naval officials from the two sides to exchange thoughts so honestly.

Keep in mind the above!

However.. nonetheless....
You never know, and although U.S. would have wayyy more support from other "allies" china wouldn't have so many.

So of course China feels threatened by it's biggest customer!

At the end of the day the U.S. are being attacked already from left to right.
On the right the elected officials and certain corporations/lobbyists are sucking the economy dry.
While this happens China buys alot of real estate here.

Also while the U.S. govt. is involved in so many self-bankrupting wars and propping up of govts. and having military presence in over 130 countries with 800 bases China lends money to the U.S. for it's imperial presence.

China is basically leasing War. Did the romans have financial backers? Who really learned from history here?
Is there a 1$ buyback for such a lease?

That's an attack from left and right.

So to me China is a bigger threat to the U.S. than U.S. is to China. Or perhaps the U.S. is a huge threat to itself which paves a road made out of gold for the Chinese. China almost owns the U.S.

economictimes.indiatimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I dunno. The headlines say one thing then a few paragraphs down they say this.

Your Source

Yang said Beijing was hoping to maintain and develop a stable and healthy relationship with Washington but it also needed to make necessary preparations for any possible threat. "Fortunately, the risk of a Sino-US confrontation is decreasing due to the relaxation of the Taiwan question," China Daily reported Sunday quoting Yang.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I think the US is probably a bigger threat to itself, than either country is to the other. That being said, if China and the US actually do go to war, I'm guessing China wouldn't do very well. Their economy would crumble (U.S. trade embargos) and without money, what can you do with 1 billion people? Not much.

As the article says, India perceives China as a threat so they would take the opportunity to attack China. All of a sudden the numbers add up in terms of population (plus NATO). I don't know. I just don't see China or the US declaring war on one another. If anything, a war like this would come indirectly (Pakistan attacks India, China sides with Pakistan, US moves in). Then they run the risk of losing and are forced to wipe the US debt, China loses any foothold over America and the world, and they collapse. It wouldn't end well for them

The War of Terror is no longer providing the distraction America needs from all of its problems. Maybe these "perceived threats" will materialise in one way or another afterall.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
After the white budget Pentagon/NASA mix (they were already mixed in black budget programs), the cold war in space just got a new boost.

Link

This link I found is also interesting, China is just as good at keeping secrets so who knows what they already got there.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The US government is the biggest threat to its own people. If the US government keeps crapping on its citizens the way it does.........we'd all be better off becoming Chinese. At least their government cares about their country and protecting its citizens. Could you imagine if China had an illegal immigration problem? Say what you want about the Chinese but they take care of their own. National sovereignty is dead in America and it shows in every aspect of our government and top leaders. They are all globalists. The Chinese aren't globalists like our government is...........they are globalists as long as Chinese are leading the way. American politicians are globalists as long as their pockets are getting lined. Big difference.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
American and Western Europe better watch out..............we are pissing people off left and right.....the world is a lot bigger and more connected than its ever been. We keep making enemies and pretty soon we won't have any allies left.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Of course we are. America is the only country that has the military might to defeat China, or at least horribly horribly hurt China in anyway which could topple their govt.

That said I personally have no issue with China. They have proven to be a fairly stable power, which can somewhat keep the US in check.

They know we could endanger them militarily, but there is no question how horrible the cost would be to ourselves and they know this.

I see no near future direct confrontations between the two powers. 3rd party chess games? Of course, but we both need each other too much for anything major.

Winter

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The debt to China only means as much as BOTH the U.S and China supports it.

Sure there are infinite amount of confounding characteristics that effect the economies, but if relations between both countries got that bad, all of that money China gave us would be wasted.

Look at it like an investment.

If a country puts all of its money on one group, (China on the U.S), then if one fails, both fail.

Eventually things fix themselves, but the U.S and China are holding hands when it comes to the economy.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

"The US is the only country capable of threatening China's national security interests in an all-round way,"

"Japan has no such ability, while Russia has no such motivation and India is more worried about China,"

Huh? (The India is more worried about China. That does not adress India's capabilities, it actually makes no sense in this context).

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Nicely said. My thoughts exactly. You have to respect a country that still remembers how to take care of a majority of it's own citizens, even if it also needs to imprison torture and control them as well lol.

The globalists on the other hand are not just traitors to the US, they are traitors to the entire human race. They have no qualms about slaughtering 95% of the population. They are utterly demonic.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by SevenThunders]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
(long time listener, finally decided to call in btw)

This topic is very interesting to me as my wife is Indian and her parents were born and lived there, alot of their family lives here(usa) and we are quite close.

So i ask what you think of this. they seem to think China would never start a large scale war with the USA because it would leave themselves to open to Indian army, which i think is the 2nd largest in the world. They claim India would jump at a chance to invade an otherwise-occupied China because of past hostilities, China's close ties to Pakistan, border problems, the fact that China is jumping far ahead economically and technologically and various other reasons i can't think of.

So just curious about this, are they just talking up their nation or would they actually be considered a major threat to China? I know that many troops can't exactly be blown off but would it even be a posibility. I admit i know very little of the history of the 2 nations, trying to read up on it..but the ones I know who actually lived there seem fairly convinced of their hatred toward the Chinese.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I honestly do not see any reason to be alarmed by this statement. Of course the USA is the largets threat to their national security. We're the largest threat to the World's nation security at this point.

American military brass returned the sentiments.

It by no means implies that they are actively pursuing ways to destroy that threat.

Though nice to see a little cold war rhetoric these days

To the man above:
I think your thoughts are very logical. Most Americans have very little idea how large and sophisticated the Indian military is. As you pointed out, one of the largest militaries in the world directly bordering you generally leaves you open to large scale invasions and attacks.

Now I know how it must feel to be Canadian

Luckily the U.S. and Canada have gotten along pretty well...until we run out of flap jacks, maple syrup and lumerjacks; then you better watch out you Cananadans!

top topics

join