It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Beer Summits: Tea Party ‘N-Word’ Incident Didn’t Happen, And the Congressional Black C

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by centurion1211
Actually, it should be nice try kinda kurious - to deflect the thread....First you prove that the black lawmaker likely could not have heard what he claimed. But you and other libs want so badly to believe that it MUST have really happened.....Then you try again to make the story true by offering "evidence" of some other incident entirely.

Kind sir, the topic of this thread pertains to racial epithets being hurled toward African American lawmakers. The evidence I provided (although not of a verbal variety) was of a TP member spitting on a member of said lawmakers. It was a slur of spit rather than of words. It is germane to the topic whereas your dispersions toward me are not.

As was pointed out no video/audio camera recording system technology offers the fidelity of the human ear. Inasmuch as no recorded evidence of the slurs exists, I DO NOT doubt that it occurred given the mass hysteria and mob mentality (including signage) of those present. (I have an on-going thread with some rather candid tea party signage if you'd like to check it out.) Since a picture is worth a thousand words, the signs more than illustrate the true sentiment of that unruly crowd. (Including threats of gun violence.)

Lastly, as you seem to pride yourself in battle honor you might refrain from making wholesale judgments towards human beings you don't even know in real life. (Libs, Dems etc.) It dilutes your credibility and diminishes your hard fought valor, not to mention you look kinda silly with that kooky helmet and shield. Besides, who wears Sandals into battle?

Touché

[edit on 28-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

A slur of spit? That is so weak. So lame. The video of the supposed spitting incident has been taken apart about as much as the Zapruder film of Kennedy assassination. There is no mystery there. The whole ridiculous incident kinda reminds me of a Seinfeld episode.

That lawmaker didnt get spit on. And if he did the offender is guilty of nothing more that spraying it while he was saying it. And out of all the hoopla about the ( god I'm just so tempted to type it out ) " N " word, there is not one video nor audio recording in existence that recorded it. That bunch paraded through the protesters that day to incite some type of violent reaction. You damn well know that the press was called and just chomping at the bit to catch something negative on the tea partiers. So if it was said it would have been recorded in one form or another.

I dont know how stupid you expect people to be if you expect anyone here to believe that the human ear is the most sensitive ( I'm almost laughing as I type this ) recording device out there.

Heres a jumping off point to see what recording devices they probably had on-site that day:

www.google.com... CCoQrQQwAA

I do doubt that it occurred. No, in fact, I do not believe it occurred. I do believe that the representative that made the claim is lying and trying to vilify the protesters by playing the race card.

And lastly, I wouldn't visit your bowel movement of a thread and give it more credence. I think this one is covering the topic just fine.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

Regarding inability to clearly hear individual voices at TP rally.

OK Sherlock, please take note. Nothwithstanding the fact that the videos were most likely recorded on either camera phones or consumer-grade gear, both have AGC (Automaic Gain Circuitry.) Which tends to limit / compress the dynamic range of audio to levels substantially less than human hearing frequency range of 20 Hz (cycles per second) to 20 kHz (20,000 Hz).

Then the crappy audio is uploaded to YouTube. (You know that site where you like to post vulgar rap videos from that got your posts deleted and warned.)
The sound is further distorted due to YT’s recent alteration of it’s audio compression algorithm which has caused quite a stir as of late.

Some YouTube users are mounting a growing revolt against the site’s new audio scheme, which has degraded the sound quality of clips on the site by running them through an audio processor that wreaks havoc with songs’ dynamic range (the variation between loud and soft), diminishing their sound quality.

www.wired.com...

Basically, garbage in garbage out. To base the defense that racial epithets were not hurled simply because you can’t hear them on a YouTube clip is simply preposterous. Take for example a quarterback at a football game during loud crowd roar. His team mates are close enough to hear him, but not someone in the stands.

Regarding the balance of your babbling drivel I have no comment.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Basically, garbage in garbage out. To base the defense that racial epithets were not hurled simply because you can’t hear them on a YouTube clip is simply preposterous. Take for example a quarterback at a football game during loud crowd roar. His team mates are close enough to hear him, but not someone in the stands.

Regarding the balance of your babbling drivel I have no comment.

Garbage in garbage out. I agree. As soon as you get into a thread all we get out of you is garbage.

The problem with you is you WANT it to be true so you will bitterly cling to the lie. It didnt happen and you'll just have to accept it.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Hmmmm. So far in this thread 4 out of your 8 posts have been deleted and I'm the one adding garbage? Hilarious.

Your Posts

I strive to add substance, research and links to back my claims and all you can do is point fingers.

Welcome to my Ignore list.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The whole point of this thread was the revelation of the smoking gun video that proves that the incident in question never happened.

As I stated from the beginning, the video proves nothing, and anyone who who says otherwise is simply offering opinion.

What have we had for the last 4 pages? Nothing but people pretending to be right about something we just don't know the answer to.

Even if someone did use the dreaded 'N' word, it doesn't mean all Tea Partiers are racists. On the other hand, someone there that day did say something very inappropriate to Barney Frank, so we know it wasn't a crowd full of angels.

Those are the facts, folks. Anything else going on here in this thread is just the perpetuation of a war of ideologies.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Hmmmm. So far in this thread 4 out of your 8 posts have been deleted and I'm the one adding garbage? Hilarious.

Your Posts

I strive to add substance, research and links to back my claims and all you can do is point fingers.

Welcome to my Ignore list.

The only finger I'm pointing is the one in the middle of my right hand. Good riddens.

I'll restate. There was NO spitting and no racial slurs. These are all fabrications by the black lawmaker in an attempt to paint the protesters and a bunch of out of control racists. It just didnt happen and he's lying.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The story evolves with even more compelling video evidence to refute the good representatives claims. More angles and even closer shots. Plus the mystery bonus man in a black suit, credential badge and a video camera filming at the very moment that Carson said he was verbally assaulted. This guys video hasn't shown up yet.

Yet nothing to back up Carson's story either.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

OMG Keep Grasping...................

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/142c73e1e224.jpg[/atsimg]

Woooo "wearing a suit" in Washington DC.
Very suspicious since the majority of protesters in the crowd were strutting Dickies, Overalls and Expando waistbands.

Oddly he didn't exceed his tooth to tattoo ratio like the rest of the baggers.

And since you love YT videos................

Get a grip already.

"Absence of proof is not poof of absence." - William Cowper.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by suicydking

Those are the facts, folks. Anything else going on here in this thread is just the perpetuation of a war of ideologies.

You come here with quite possibly the only logical point, repeatedly make that point in the most concise manner possible, and yet still they blather on like angry children in a playground arguing over spilled ice cream.

Seriously man, you deserve some sort of award just for putting up with this.

The entire context of the OP is flawed. There is no proof of, or proof against, the claims made that certain racial epithets were directed towards Congressman Carson.

It's that simple.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

"Given his race?"
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5510df9df13a.jpg[/atsimg]
Sorry I can't play the race card since you've just showed the entire deck.

That is pathetic. Stereotype much?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

"Given his race?"
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5510df9df13a.jpg[/atsimg]
Sorry I can't play the race card since you've just showed the entire deck.

That is pathetic. Stereotype much?

So a simple observation based on video evidence is now stereotyping? This type of description/observation is used by the police on a daily basis. Maybe I'm wrong. Does the man appear White? Asian? Come on Columbo. Don't hold your breath for a career as a detective.

Don't you think that this unidentified Black man would have heard the racial slurs given his close proximity to Carson at the alleged time all 15 slurs were hurled. He was even recording with an actual camera and not a cell phone at the perfect moment. He was toting a large legal size case, and wearing a credential badge on his jacket. Why hasn't he come forward? Maybe he has and he has already silently collected his $100k reward.

Facts are facts and so far their is plenty of video and audio evidence from every possible angle, perspective and distance to refute Carson's claims. With all of this evidence, you think you would hear something if there were 15 people hurling slurs at the same time. You think it would drown out the simple and horrific chant of "kill the bill".

Some people just can't accept the fact that a politician just may be actually lying and embellishing.

People whine and cry around ATS about evidence especially photographic an audio evidence. Now that I have shown multiple videos of the incident, it is still not enough. Perhaps you would settle for a sketch on a dirty napkin instead or perhaps Hi 8 film, a Daguerreotype and a wax phonograph cylinder would suffice.

I guess know one wants the $100,000 reward for evidence that supports Carson's claims.

I'll be glad to admit I'm wrong when someone actually proves it.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by jibeho]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by suicydking

You come here with quite possibly the only logical point, repeatedly make that point in the most concise manner possible, and yet still they blather on like angry children in a playground arguing over spilled ice cream.

Seriously man, you deserve some sort of award just for putting up with this.

The entire context of the OP is flawed. There is no proof of, or proof against, the claims made that certain racial epithets were directed towards Congressman Carson.

It's that simple.

What facts? How many different videos of the incident do you need to see? I have yet to see a video of someone approaching Carson and whispering slurs into his ears. Oh wait, that's not what Carson described. It was the angry mob that was shouting slurs at him. Slurs that still can't be heard. Keep trying.

A preponderance of the evidence presented would certainly serve to refute Carson's claims. Carson has provided nothing to support his allegations. Simple Fact. We know have multiple videos from a variety of angles and perspectives and even close up video. Nothing can be heard.

Given the heated vitriol that has been used to describe the TPM by the MSM and the troopers here on ATS, I would say the evidence provided proves that a vilification effort exists. An effort that supports cold hard LIES.

Show me any evidence to support Carson's claim.

Carson's claims are serious and carry heavy weight in a divided culture created and fostered by our current President.

A lie is a lie unless it is told by an Elected Congressional Representive I suppose.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

ON TOPIC AND IN REFERENCE TO OP VIDEO:

A white lawmaker says he heard the epithets too. Conservative activists say the lawmakers are lying.

What does the video show? Not much. Indeed, new interviews show that a much-viewed YouTube recording cited as evidence by conservatives was actually shot well after the time in question.

A fourth Democrat, Rep. Heath Shuler of North Carolina, who is white, backed up his colleagues, telling the Hendersonville (N.C.) Times-News that he heard the slurs

www.newser.com...

[edit on 1-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Your article is dated 4/13 and does pertain to the original video. However since then, more video evidence has surfaced. Hence my latest post showing the latest video. Perhaps you missed it. Oh, wait. You already commented on it.

Nice side stepping on the issue. Keep trying.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Maybe this has been said, but the real issue was that the Balck caucus & Pelosi walked through the crowd of protetsters in order to incite an incident rather than use the tunnels to avoid the protesters. When they were unable to provoke an incident for the cameras, they simply lied and got excessive coverage of the non-event by the propaganda arm of the left,the MSM.

“In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is revolutionary” George Orwell 1984

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Frame Grab from your OP and link from my article:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/afb28cc86f42.jpg[/atsimg]

YT Video from my link:

It is EXACTLY THE SAME as the first clip in your OP. (No not the 2nd which purportedly justifies your claims)

Regardless, my article provides a fourth witness who happens to be white. Is HE lying also?

A fourth Democrat, Rep. Heath Shuler of North Carolina, who is white, backed up his colleagues, telling the Hendersonville (N.C.) Times-News that he heard the slurs

www.newser.com...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

OK, my last post here. Of all people I should know about the definition of insanity. (Repeating same actions in hope for a different outcome.) However I allowed my self to be drawn in and baited by the likes of hyperbole masquerading as truth:

Originally posted by jibeho
Well it was just a matter of time before the truth came out in this incident.

Clearly the evidence on both sides (self included) is inconclusive based on available data, video and witness testimony. Neither side can prove beyond shadow of doubt whether the incident as depicted actually occurred. REGARDLESS we could banter on and on about whether the end justifies the means or cause and effect. The accusations of racial epithets broke no law.

I am NOT the type of person to cut and run but realize this is a no win argument and this battle is not a zero sum game. So I am going to choose my battles going forward and walk away with pride intact from this one. Whether this incident did or did not take place is moot. Bottom line, the HCR bill passed

"Absence of proof is not proof of absence." - William Cowper

I invite OP to take a nice long walk and cool down:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/395480ad92aa.jpg[/atsimg]

Then he can resume his normal activities:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/729087f7160e.jpg[/atsimg]

Happy trolling.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Funny I just came back from watching the sun set at our local beach with the kiddies.

I am now officially chilled... For now!

Cheers KK!

I hope that trolling motor was a Minn Kota.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join