It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Beer Summits: Tea Party ‘N-Word’ Incident Didn’t Happen, And the Congressional Black C

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by suicydking

I certainly won't deny that extremists exist on both sides of the aisle. However, where is the responsibility of the media and an elected public representative in this case? It's not like he is implying that the crowd simply just called him a jerk. His anecdote is inflammatory by nature and should be scrutinized carefully. This is a hot issue and he knows it.

The race card has been played ad nauseam since the election of Obama and it has been played yet again in this case.

Once again, he asserts that this happened on the stairs and that capital police came to protect them. The more plausible story is that the capital police where already standing on Capital grounds when he crossed the street onto Capital property. There are no police visible anywhere in any of the video clips. Just another hole in his contrived tale.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Actually the entire premise for this thread seems rather pedantic and is quite moot. In case you didn't realize, the HCR bill passed. (twice actually)

But you are doing a fine job rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic TPM.

Actually, I'm a little relieved. When I heard Ms Palin urging all the members to reload, I didn't realize she called for using blanks.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Keep in mind that these are the exact same protesters who spit on a man and called someone else a name used to insult someone's sexual orientation. These incidents where called into question and subsequently verified by video. Photos have shown proof of what kind of sentiments some of the people were displaying on their protest signs.

Also, here is an excerpt from the Washington Post regarding the incident:

Roxana Tiron, a reporter for the Hill newspaper, said she was talking with a congressional staffer inside a House entrance to the Capitol when a "trembling" and "agitated" Carson said he and Lewis had just been called the N-word by protesters outside. "He literally grabbed me by the arm and . . . said 'You need to come out with me,' " imploring her to step back outside to listen to the taunts. Post reporter Paul Kane was nearby and witnessed Carson's reaction. "It was real. It was raw. It was angry. It was emotional. And he wanted it documented," recalled Kane, who said U.S. Capitol Police prevented them from going outside. Carson later told the Associated Press the protesters had chanted the N-word "15 times." Breitbart told me the "phantom 15 words" is "beyond absurd."

Washington Post

I see enough circumstantial evidence to make Carson's claims at least plausible, even if the specific details are muddy. At any rate, as I said, it's impossible to tell exactly what happened based on the video alone. Perhaps he embellished the story a bit. Maybe he did it for publicity, perhaps it was because he was agitated. I'm sure the truth is hidden somewhere between the two sides of the story.

Remember though, that you are protecting the integrity of people who promote using implied violence as a means to an end, who hurl bigoted insults, and spit on people with whom they disagree. I'm not saying that implies guilt, but it sounds like a lose-lose to me.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
reply to post by jibeho

Actually the entire premise for this thread seems rather pedantic and is quite moot. In case you didn't realize, the HCR bill passed. (twice actually)

But you are doing a fine job rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic TPM.

Actually, I'm a little relieved. When I heard Ms Palin urging all the members to reload, I didn't realize she called for using blanks.

Are you sure you're in the right thread? I don't recall mentioning HCR in this one. Perhaps you have consumed a little too much of your signature Jerk Sauce.
BTW the Jerk Store called and said they were running out of you.

Perhaps you are referring to this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by suicydking
Keep in mind that these are the exact same protesters who spit on a man and called someone else a name used to insult someone's sexual orientation. These incidents where called into question and subsequently verified by video. Photos have shown proof of what kind of sentiments some of the people were displaying on their protest signs.

Roxana Tiron, a reporter for the Hill newspaper, said she was talking with a congressional staffer inside a House entrance to the Capitol when a "trembling" and "agitated" Carson said he and Lewis had just been called the N-word by protesters outside. "He literally grabbed me by the arm and . . . said 'You need to come out with me,' " imploring her to step back outside to listen to the taunts. Post reporter Paul Kane was nearby and witnessed Carson's reaction. "It was real. It was raw. It was angry. It was emotional. And he wanted it documented," recalled Kane, who said U.S. Capitol Police prevented them from going outside. Carson later told the Associated Press the protesters had chanted the N-word "15 times." Breitbart told me the "phantom 15 words" is "beyond absurd."

Washington Post

I see enough circumstantial evidence to make Carson's claims at least plausible, even if the specific details are muddy. At any rate, as I said, it's impossible to tell exactly what happened based on the video alone. Perhaps he embellished the story a bit. Maybe he did it for publicity, perhaps it was because he was agitated. I'm sure the truth is hidden somewhere between the two sides of the story.

Remember though, that you are protecting the integrity of people who promote using implied violence as a means to an end, who hurl bigoted insults, and spit on people with whom they disagree. I'm not saying that implies guilt, but it sounds like a lose-lose to me.

Carson was "trembling" and was "agitated". He said he was not afraid because he is a former cop. Does not compute...

Furthermore, I am protecting the integrity of a movement that was vilified in the court of MSM. You are implying that everyone in the movement behaves this way. Please don't make me dig through the archives of the protests during the Bush years.

If any of these allegations were true, we are talking about the behavior of specific individuals. I can even use the Carson Logic and accuse those people of being liberal plants used to stir up controversy.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Originally posted by suicydking

Washington Post

Carson was "trembling" and was "agitated". He said he was not afraid because he is a former cop. Does not compute...

Furthermore, I am protecting the integrity of a movement that was vilified in the court of MSM. You are implying that everyone in the movement behaves this way. Please don't make me dig through the archives of the protests during the Bush years.

If any of these allegations were true, we are talking about the behavior of specific individuals. I can even use the Carson Logic and accuse those people of being liberal plants used to stir up controversy.

You don't need to be afraid to be 'trembling' or 'agitated'. I get agitated when I'm angry or upset, and a highly emotional situation is enough to make most folks tremble.

I am not implying that everyone in the Tea Party movement acts like a bigot. I stated the exact opposite, in fact. However, there is video footage of individuals on that same day, in that same location doing the things I described.

What it comes down to is basically saying, "Hey, we may have spit on a man's face and called Barney Frank a ******, and even brought signs implying that we would shoot anyone who voted for the bill, but we wouldn't use the N-word. Stop making us look like bigots."

I don't think that this particular story is necessary to show how people were feeling or acting that day, regardless of what actually happened with Carson. There's already plenty of proof that some individuals in the rally that day were acting inappropriately. Unless you can explain how Mr. Frank's sexual orientation has any bearing on the HCR bill...

So to summarize... We have no way of knowing exactly what Mr Carson was subjected to on that day. the video does nothing to help us with this. However, saying that the reputation of the activists who were present that day rests on the outcome of this one anecdote is folly. To do so would be to forget about what happened to Mr Frank and Mr Cleaver.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Are you sure you're in the right thread? I don't recall mentioning HCR in this one.

Frame grab from YOUR video in OP:

Hmmm if my eyes dont deceive me it looks like it says Health Care Reform Bill. Now, who's been smoking crack?

Want more sauce to go with your humble pie?

[edit on 27-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Are you sure you're in the right thread? I don't recall mentioning HCR in this one.

Frame grab from YOUR video in OP:

Hmmm if my eyes dont deceive me it looks like it says Health Care Reform Bill. Now, who's been smoking crack?

Want more sauce to go with your humble pie?

Oooh sizzle burn. That is why there was a demonstration but it is not a part of this topic as a whole. This topic is about the racial slurs that allegedly occurred at this march.

It appeared to me that you thought this thread was pointless because HCR passsed twice. The passing of the bill is germane to the story that has unfolded regarding the alleged racial slurs.

Jerk sauce gives me the *snips*
and I must add some grab software to my Commodore 64. It certainly makes for a nice presentation even if it lacks substance.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

It's only a matter of time before someone infiltrates the Freedom movements to make them look bad with some terrible act.

Nice way to try and pre accuse the left for someone's terrible act. Blame it on an infiltrator.

And where were all those decent people on the right that were in the crowd saying, "Hey fella, spitting and calling names discredits us, so stop. Please show some decency and respect."?

Here is where you say, "Oh yea, everybody said that, it just wasn't caught on audio."

[edit on 27-4-2010 by 12GaugePermissionSlip]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

So that's your back peddle? I am not allowed to mention HCR because the racial slurs allegedly occurred during a March (in protest of HCR Bill)and my mention of it is Off topic. Even though it was mentioned as part of YOUR defense in OP?

Despite my utter appreciation of the absurd, even I don't buy that. You were pwnd dude.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

If a person who is merely a foot away is speaking in such a harsh manner so as to be projecting saliva I think it was no accident. Better go back to your quiver and pull a sounder argument.

A sounder argument? You've apparently never heard of excessive saliva before. It can be caused by anything from new dentures to pregnancy to allergies to a stroke. People who have it have a tendency to spit when they talk without meaning to. Can you honestly tell me that it's impossible for that man to have anything going on that could cause him to accidentally spit when he talks? No, you can't.

That isn't a clip from 'Flavor of Love'. There aren't any big balls of spit flying through the air providing clear evidence that it was intentional. With the distance from the camera you can't even see it happen, let alone enough to call it intentional. Yeah, Cleaver got spit on his face. That doesn't mean the guy did it on purpose.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well, I'm certainly glad that we could let this discussion about inappropriate behavior and ad-hominem attacks turn to impropriety and ad-hominem attacks. Somewhere, there is a point that's feeling missed.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

If a person who is merely a foot away is speaking in such a harsh manner so as to be projecting saliva I think it was no accident. Better go back to your quiver and pull a sounder argument.

A sounder argument? You've apparently never heard of excessive saliva before. It can be caused by anything from new dentures to pregnancy to allergies to a stroke. People who have it have a tendency to spit when they talk without meaning to. Can you honestly tell me that it's impossible for that man to have anything going on that could cause him to accidentally spit when he talks? No, you can't.

ROFLMAO. I'll respond once I stop crying from laughing so hard.
Excess Saliva Syndrome.

ETA: The cupped hands are always a nice touch when hocking a loogie.

He doesn't appear pregnant, but perhaps holding his dentures in.

Somehow, I expected better but realize Teabaggers always dissolve when placed in hot water.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

As I suspected. He must have done it intentionally, otherwise we'd have to accept that it might have been an accident.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Here is a video which CLEARLY shows a Black lawmaker being spat on.

Come on now, that was probably nothing more than a spitlet, kinda like you get when people are yelling a shouting to be heard.
If anything it was accidental and nothing like the 'hocking lugee' that lefties have been claiming.

btw, regarding the all other claims, they are also false as is proven in this video.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Here is a video which CLEARLY shows a Black lawmaker being spat on.

Come on now, that was probably nothing more than a spitlet, kinda like you get when people are yelling a shouting to be heard.
If anything it was accidental and nothing like the 'hocking lugee' that lefties have been claiming.

btw, regarding the all other claims, they are also false as is proven in this video.

Sorry, the video proves nothing. Nothing more than the videos from the left that show a bunch of ignorant rednecks who think Obama is about to ban fishing in America. Just because some guy in a 'Don't tread on me' t-shirt finds some black people at a Tea party rally doesn't mean that some of the people there happen to be racist, or bigots, or ignorant. You're trying to paint with as broad a brush as those trying to smear the Tea-Partiers.

I'm sure you could find at least one homosexual there, too. It doesn't change the fact that some guy called Barney Frank a ******.

The fact is, that as I said before, you're going to have all kinds at an event this large. Using a few individuals to describe a large group is pointless.

Besides, I didn't see any of the people who were interviewed in that clip standing on the steps in the other clips. It's irrelevant.

Anyway, since this has long since passed the point of being a constructive discussion, I'm pretty much done. Nothing going on here but people trying to be right, and have the last word. Some people in any rally are going to be jerks, and nothing is going to change that. Stereotyping or trying to say that a few individuals represent the whole is foolish. For both sides of the argument.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

So that's your back peddle? I am not allowed to mention HCR because the racial slurs allegedly occurred during a March (in protest of HCR Bill)and my mention of it is Off topic. Even though it was mentioned as part of YOUR defense in OP?

Despite my utter appreciation of the absurd, even I don't buy that. You were pwnd dude.

Nice touch as always. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. However, I never said you weren't allowed to mention HCR. Your initial post threw me off because prior to it there was no mention of HCR in the discussion. I thought you had mistaken the thread with another I had just posted about HCR. Get it. My 94 year old Grandmother makes out place comments like that all of the time and I just smile and say Oh, how interesting . I leave you alone next time.

Talk about HCR all you want Ernest T. Hell you can even dance in the streets while you do it. It still doesn't change the fabricated story told by this Representative.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Scuse me. You might want to consider a better source next time in order to make your case. Whatever that lady was saying was offset by the guy with the sign IMO.

My my, this TPM is an organic bunch. (Poop reference)

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Your initial post threw me off because prior to it there was no mention of HCR in the discussion. I thought you had mistaken the thread with another I had just posted about HCR. Get it.

Yes I see now, you meant to do that.

Please send Granny my regards, if you can remember to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join