It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free energy and the 2nd law conspiracy.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Free Energy exists, it's proven. But remember this, the Middle East would destabilize in a heartbeat once they knew they would not be needed again. And instead of 100 insurgents to worry about, there would be hundreds of thousands.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
A lot of places would destabilize once it became mainstream, thats not to say it shouldn't happen though. Who wants to rely on government and big business too such an extent as we do now? Free energy also equals Freedom. Despite the short-term consequences of freedom, it is in the best interest in the long run. Can I get a "FFFFFFrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeedddddddoooooommmmmmmm!!!!!!!"

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Im not saying that it is my belief. I a saying no politician would ever green light something as free energy.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Hey, just bumping this thread up. I think it's an important topic, especially considering our energy crisis..

[edit on 6-6-2004 by Surreal_Rain]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by courage7621
Free Energy exists, it's proven. But remember this, the Middle East would destabilize in a heartbeat once they knew they would not be needed again. And instead of 100 insurgents to worry about, there would be hundreds of thousands.

you're missing the implications of truly free energy.
you could have gardens in the arctic. the desert. the middle east would not need to destabilize, because there would potentially be plenty for all.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Tesla figured out, on paper, that he could generate energy freely, but was suppressed by Westinghouse when he went to try and prove his concepts. This all started back in the 1890's, so the idea has been around for over 100 years. With our current brain-trust, Im sure someone has come up with a way to create free energy without having to burn dead dinosaurs, by now. But, Im sure they will run into the same issues as Tesla, and maybe this is why Bearden didnt meet his 2003 milestone like he thoughth he would.

If we could create free energy, the world would change in ways that none of us could really imagine. People would loose Trillions of dollars, and more power than any of us could imagine.

At this point, we will have to wait and see what Bearden, and the other folks, end up doing with their ideas. If they were really smart, they would say F U to the investor�s, and market the products themselves and be the first Trillionaire to walk the face of the earth. Unfortunately, most geeks, are poor business men and need outside investor's to push the projects out of the labs and onto the shelves, and this is where big business comes in and buys out the middle man and sets the progression of the products to a stand still.

To all of you inventor�s that have succeeded, do yourselves a favor and create your products around the IT datacenter power needs. This is a huge industry, and we could really use products to help us keep 100% uptime. We (And Im just talking about one company) spend at least 20 million a year on power, and another 50 million on backup and DR solutions. Create a device that can power one system forever and this will jumpstart other private sector�s to reach out and embrace the technology. Then we can say F U to the Middle East for good.

Juji

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
How about this... I posted this earlier int the Getting off the grid thread...
It's small, but scalable.

The main problem with solar cells is their 2 dimensional nature, creating a linear waste of space when trying to capture a lot of solar energy. Plus the fact their useless at night or in low light conditions. Silicon panels have a pre-disposition for light in the red spectrum and ignores the rest of the suns rays and earns it a low efficiency reputation based on the size of the panels needed to get decent power.

So, what to do?

First, switch to small cells and form small boxes with them, like those used on solar calculators. Face the cells inward, you won't need the sun. Instead, you will need a bright red LED lamp to power your box. You will need a lamp with a brightness like those found in an optical mouse. It's bright enough to get the calculator cells active. Now, let's say your little box has 6 sides, it maybe less, bouncing around the shine of the lamp 360 degrees is a little difficult, but 1 to 2 of your panels will keep the LED running and the remaining panels are your free power to do with as you please. Now, connect this box in parallel or in series with other boxes and you can leverage up the power to do more meaningful work.

The surface area required by the box is smaller than what is needed by a traditional system to produce the same power, battery backup isn't really necessary, and the sun....who needs it.

Too bad I can't tell you about my poor man's linear accelerator....

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Okay, here' goes...

First off, why in the world would anyone sit on free energy...if it can be metered anyway? That's the real topic isn't it? Imagine the profits a company can make, offering a product that it pays little or NOTHING to produce? (Hey, they charge for compressed air at gas stations...right?)

That we're indentured somehow to the Saudis or the Iraqis is bogus. IF free energy were a reality, we'd drop them like a bad habit. Obviously, NONE of you have ever had an Arab tell you, "You only like us for our oil!"

(To which I respond, "Hey, you probably only like me for my money...so what? It's better than not liking each other at all." Trust me, they'll find something else to sell, as long as we have money to buy. BUT I digress...)

My next point was supposed to be; How does this Free Energy extend to our #1 oil burner...our cars?

Of course, you have to satisfy the environmentalists too. Is there going to be a rash of "Nimbys" (Not In My Back Yard) protesters chasing these Free Energy Plants out of town? Probably so!

Just some things to think about...okay, have fun!

[edit on 16-6-2004 by Toelint]

XL5

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a link to the "getting off the grid" topic, if the LED's and solar cells work, then the cost of solar cells and LED's will go up lol.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toelint
First off, why in the world would anyone sit on free energy...if it can be metered anyway? That's the real topic isn't it? Imagine the profits a company can make, offering a product that it pays little or NOTHING to produce? (Hey, they charge for compressed air at gas stations...right?)

the energy is free. the device is not. besides, not everyone is a capitolist pig. some of us still believe in humanity for humans.

Originally posted by ToelintMy next point was supposed to be; How does this Free Energy extend to our #1 oil burner...our cars?

huh? it would power them and they wouldn't require oil burning. i don't get your point on this.

Originally posted by ToelintOf course, you have to satisfy the environmentalists too. Is there going to be a rash of "Nimbys" (Not In My Back Yard) protesters chasing these Free Energy Plants out of town? Probably so!

enviromentalists do studies. that is why they are so vehement and risk life and limb for the betterment of ALL mankind, even The Way Above Top Secret(TWATS) benefit when enviromentalists 'win'. if this personality type believes there is an issue with these imaginary new devices, then they should be heeded. i wonder myself if harnessing 'free' energy from the fourth dimension isn't similiar to sticking a mixmaster in the fish tank.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join