It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Roads Lead to Rome

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

What do I propose to do about it? I am in fact doing that right now by shedding light on this topic through a widely read site that reaches far beyond my borders. I am telling others about a possible conspiracy that has enslaved us for far too long and in the end would have us kill each other. You know what you have been told. You have been told that God's words will come to pass. What God has said will happen.

So before I consign myself to this fate of extermination, I want to ask Him. Could what was written be a warning? Could it be that He wanted us to figure this out before it comes down to a blood bath?...

For that reason I am here as well,exposing the darker side of this "Mother of All Conspiracies".

The fact that everything already prophecied has come to pass,there is no reason to think the rest won't also.

So,we can "figure it all out",every last treaty or backroom deal. Then what? We can admit that we are helpless to change things and lean on God for understanding,and believe His promise of salvation for those who accept Christ as their Savior.

That's what it's all about. Only a False Messiah is going to promise peace on earth before Christ returns. That is "written down" as well.

When I pray,I pray "Thy will be done",not "My will be done". I am in no position of influence in regard to TPTB,not even in my own town. There are people behind the scenes all along the way. (Agenda 21 comes to mind.)

We can go on spinning our wheels wondering why the world is the way it is,or we can accept that we are about at the end of this drama and it's time to repent and seek the Lord.

What God would have us do is spelled out for us,and can be summed up as loving your neighbor as yourself and having no God before Him. We're living in an ungodly time when that's the last thing anyone wants to hear,and the world leaders sure don't follow that standard,and they never will. They have already sold their souls,in my opinion,to the "god" of this world,to acquire riches and power,no matter how much blood is shed.

If you believe in God,you believe in justice,though seemingly delayed,will not be denied. I can have all knowledge of all things,but it is meaningless in the end. Knowledge will not save anyone,apart from knowing the eternal gift of life through salvation in Christ alone. That is the message of the New Testament.

His truth has not changed,no matter how much the world would want to pervert it or deny it. Prophecy won't be re-written. It's a warning,definetly. A call to seek Him while He may be found.

That's the way I see it.

"For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul?
Mark 8:36

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

So,while His gospel is a gospel of peace for believers,it is also a message that will cause division,because not all choose to follow certain beliefs. And because of man's sinful nature,and the influence of "the adversary",there will continue to be hardships. Does this make sense to you? It does to me.

I can see how the division that we speak of is justified by what is being explained and I understand. Don't you think that the other two faiths have a similar scripture explaining that some people just wont get it? I'm not talking about someone who does not want to give up their sin, I'm talking about the faithful of the other religions who have been told that some people will not accept the truth as explained in their scriptures. Divide and conquer? Or keep everyone guessing about who is right and who is wrong? Or keep everyone in a constant state of confusion?

[edit on 14-5-2010 by jackflap]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

That's what it's all about. Only a False Messiah is going to promise peace on earth before Christ returns. That is "written down" as well.

If we all just understand that peace is beneficial to everyone, we wouldn't need a false messiah telling us that there will be peace. We would already know and wouldn't be looking for someone to lead us there. I believe God would make a move at that point. If everyone would just understand all of a sudden.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

If we all just understand that peace is beneficial to everyone, we wouldn't need a false messiah telling us that there will be peace. We would already know and wouldn't be looking for someone to lead us there. I believe God would make a move at that point. If everyone would just understand all of a sudden.

I have to say it is rather circumspect thinking, to believe that even a deity could impose peace on a human species that has freewill.

It is not up to a messiah if there is to be peace; it is up to each and every one of us, to decide whether we choose war or peace.

The only way a deity could impose peace or war for that matter, is through tyranny that robs or negates freewill, and subjugation and enslavement of the masses.

Personally I need no Master, and I would no sooner bend a knee to a deity in subservience than I would any other man or woman.

I have trouble understanding this inferiority complex that makes people actually seek out Masters, in some belief that there must be a higher authority to guide you.

It is that rather odd desire, that because of a vacuum created through belief in an absent deity who does not speak or appear, that has led to Kings usurping the ideals of divinity and claiming it for their own, to in fact get those same people inclined to subservience and a need for a higher authority than themselves to submit to and follow and obey them instead.

That has in fact wrought nothing but war, deprivation and cruelty and indifference.

A messiah can’t change that. Only you, I and each and every one of us can change that.

Perhaps you might want to consider your Book written by emperors and kings and published by emperors and kings is not God but a book.

Please put your book down and back away slowly from it, and repeat after me, I am capable of being my own Master, I am capable of making my own decisions, I am capable of making tomorrow better than today!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

"This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come." Matthew 24:14

People won't just "understand all of a sudden".

Karl Marx's definition of "Peace" is the absence of opposition. That sounds like a dangerous kind of peace,doesn't it? Just eliminate all disagreement!

As long as Satan is alive and well,he will continue to lead men astray.Through their own vanity,he will continue to seduce them,and mislead them.

While God may wink at ignorance,in no way will he accept willful disobedience and rejection of His truth. But He is patient and willing that all who will come to Him will have that chance.

His message has gone forth,and is still going forth,and people from all denominations and walks of life are turning their lives over to Him and finding "peace that surpasses understanding".

Jesus warned explicitly that the greatest danger in the end-times is that of deception. Therefore,He has made sure that those seeking truth in Him would not be deceived. But it's not handed to us on a silver platter. It takes prayerful studying and seeking of those truths. They really aren't so hard to grasp! It involves allowing the Holy Spirit into our hearts through prayer,asking for His grace to make His will known. It means humbling ourselves before Him,and not leaning on our own understanding.

I believe if everyone in America turned to God,right now,praying for mercy,it might stem the tide somewhat. But no way is that going to happen. People have turned their backs on Him,willfully,and He has therefore hardened their hearts. Only true repentence might possibly make a difference. It doesn't look like that's the way it's going to be.

Sorry,I didn't mean to preach this much.(Not saying I'm sorry about the message though!)

Only as individuals can we decide what we want to believe.His word will be preached to all the nations,as He said it would be. There will be no excuse on Judgement day.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

My friend, you are veering way of topic again. It's not a religious thread, and the application of religion is simply one of the problems here.

Trying to use a problem as a solution is not a good strategy.

If the religion you are preaching, has brought nothing but 2,000 years of war, suffering, deprivation and indifference it's because that's what it was meant to do.

Please be more respectful to the topic of the thread.

The reason Rome has not been challenged is because every time some one begins to expose it, the religious minded insist on making it all about religion.

You are falling into that trap.

The thread is about Rome, and the Roman conspiracy to install a one world government, using religion, banking, laws, and military force.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
With all respect,this video clears away all doubt in regards to the different origins of certain Bibles. Please take the time to watch it. It's called "Battle of the Bibles".

Google Video Link

[edit on 15-5-2010 by On the Edge]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Perhaps you might want to consider your Book written by emperors and kings and published by emperors and kings is not God but a book.

Sorry Proto,but you've brought up that the Bible is merely an invention by Rome,which I beg to differ.

The video I posted is an answer to many questions members here have expressed. And since Religion IS one of many ways they sought control,from the very beginning,I felt it was pertinent to this thread.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I don't find the source to be credible. Of course the Bible was an invention of Rome, it's why it's called the Holy Roman Bible.

Once again, it's not a religious thread. This is a real, legitimate and very serious conspiracy.

I once again ask you to respect the fact that it is not a religious conspiracy it is a conspiracy that uses religion as one of several elements.

Those religions are not limited to Christianity either.

Please consider that in reality you are simply proselytizing your Christian faith, which is not what the thread is for.

I understand you are looking for sources, to support your own conclusions in regards to your Christian Faith, but that does not make those sources any more credible.

As I displayed to you through the Ten Commandments where G-d is displayed to be supporting slavery, stifling laws, excessive penalties, and heavy taxation, and warfare for the purpose of expanding a nations border, and pointed out to you that there was nothing God like or spiritual in those ten commandments your retort was that was how they thought back then.

Yet this was supposedly the word of God.

So what would how the people thought back then have to do with how God thought back then?

De Nile is a river in Egypt. I have placed way to much research, time and effort into this subject to have any inclination to deny a very real conspiracy of world and life threatening proportions, based on someone's 'FAITH" based circular logic.

Please respect that this is a Conspiracy thread, in General Conspiracies that has many aspects.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

You're right,it is a conspiracy that has many aspects. I'm sure there are many different kinds of people reading this right now who have ideas that don't exactly match our own. We are entitled to our opinions. I see the whole Religious angle as a Conspiracy of immense proportions,as much as you do other facets.

You offer a very significant amount of information from one side of the story. I offer another. They are all a part of "the bigger picture",in my opinion.

I have a feeling you disagree with the qualifications of the lecture I provided because it negates what you have said about Rome. I doubt you've had the time to refute his findings.

I don't "preach" very often,as I did in response to Jack a few posts back,but I don't think it was overdone. No more than you "preaching" your philosophy.

There are many Christians reading this thread also,I would assume,who may benefit from this Mother of All Threads you would like to see continue.
Please don't feel the need to stifle my contributions merely because they differ in belief from your own.

We are both here to expose the machinations of Rome,are we not?

Respectfully,On the Edge

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Once again my friend, not what the thread is about.

That man hasn't done the research I have, and he isn't qualified to speak with the authority he is presuming to be, because in reality he has no way of knowing, because there are no original surviving documents or records from the time period.

He is simply SELLING a theory for profit that you are buying.

I am FIGHTING a conspiracy and NOT SELLING anything.

Please focus on the topic, and save the sermons for your church on Sunday thank you.

[edit on 15/5/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Once again my friend, not what the thread is about.

That man hasn't done the research I have, and he isn't qualified to speak with the authority he is presuming to be, because in reality he has no way of knowing, because there are no original surviving documents or records from the time period.

He is simply SELLING a theory for profit that you are buying.

I am FIGHTING a conspiracy and NOT SELLING anything.

Please focus on the topic, and save the sermons for your church on Sunday thank you.

[edit on 15/5/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

You're wrong,Proto,and what you say proves that you did not watch the videos. He talks about those "surviving documents" towards the beginning!

You are awful quick to judge the man's motives. This is no main-stream,Sunday preacher.

Fortunately,not everyone reading this regards you as the ultimate authority you see yourself as.

Carry on,"my friend"....

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

So the moral of the story, is, that until people stop being afraid and insecure when it comes to speaking for them selves, standing on their own code and platform, and learn to take full responsibility for themselves, they will end up placing their faith and allegiance into despots, tyrants, criminals and psychopants.

Proto, that post reminded me very much of Walter Cronkite. His on air antics kept our nation mesmerized and satisfied with the stories fed to us. He always gave me the creeps and I don't say that in retrospect. Even as a kid I felt repulsed by him and it's not like I could quantify that.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Jack, you mention that "The three major faiths all came from the same place". They came out of Judaism. What made Judaism right from the get go? What made all previous interpretations of a "god" wrong? Didn't the others speak directly to a "god"? Were they not all "chosen people"? And the God of the Jews was certainly not the God of the New Testament. Were there competing "gods"? Why the "thou shalt have no other gods before me" deal? Was that an admission of actual competition? He said "gods" right? Not "posers". No "thou shalt have no "Vince the Slap Chop guy" before me". And so either there were competing gods or there were men competing for our affections.

I imagine Moses as a sideshow barker trying to lure the Jews away from competing sideshows. "Step right up and get not one, not two but 10!!! That's right ladies and gentiles, 10 commandments for the price of admission! Hurry, hurry it's just a 40 year wander in the desert away! See the woman made into a pillar of salt! See the ten plagues! See the man in the belly of a whale! See a naked gal give a naked guy an apple! And did I mention the talking serpent? All under the big top! Just for you select, chosen few! Hurry, hurry, schlep right this way!"

As you can imagine I bounce around on this. It's hard to shake off 50+ years of religious indoctrination. No matter how satisfying and reasonable the new atheist gurus' stories seem. I'm not torn by guilt, I've gotten past that. I just continue to wonder what has gotten lost in the sauce. What did I miss? I wonder if I am a "god". Are we all "gods"? Are we all capable of providing what we look for outside ourselves?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge

When I pray,I pray "Thy will be done",not "My will be done".

That very familiar prayer now worries me Edge. What was I giving up with that thinking? Like I was surrendering the determination of right or wrong to someone else. I know what's right and wrong. Why can it not be "my will"? "The Lord's Prayer" is a comforting pat on the head. "There, there now, you sleep well and leave all the critical thinking to me." And what up with the "Lord's" this or that? Is that another divine right of kings deal? Speaking of royalty, I know I'm a royal pain in the butt.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Sorry Proto. I got to the "let's not get lost in religion" part a little late. Speaking of late, it's 6:20AM!!! I need some sleep. But you all knew that didn't you?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere

Originally posted by On the Edge

When I pray,I pray "Thy will be done",not "My will be done".

That very familiar prayer now worries me Edge. What was I giving up with that thinking? Like I was surrendering the determination of right or wrong to someone else. I know what's right and wrong. Why can it not be "my will"? "The Lord's Prayer" is a comforting pat on the head. "There, there now, you sleep well and leave all the critical thinking to me." And what up with the "Lord's" this or that? Is that another divine right of kings deal? Speaking of royalty, I know I'm a royal pain in the butt.

I haven't given up any of my critical thinking skills or my ability to excercise free will due to my reverence for a God that created heaven and earth.

I do take comfort in knowing that same God gave us a blueprint of where we stand in the grand scheme of things.

It all comes down to personal faith and experience,..(I'll leave it at that,or it will turn into a "sermon" for sure!)

Feel free to U2U me if you'd like to discuss this more at any time.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Troy was founded by the Greeks, and the Druids did not worship Christ, they were what we now call 'tree huggers'. Their influence reached as far Gual, and the Romans wanted them out of the way.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff

Troy was founded by the Greeks, and the Druids did not worship Christ, they were what we now call 'tree huggers'. Their influence reached as far Gual, and the Romans wanted them out of the way.

No one is sure who founded Troy, once it fell the Conquering Greeks became the keepers of its legends; note how I did not say History.

There are some periods of history where the people who were writing it down or orally passing it down were making it into legends, myths and sometimes stories with a moral.

Historians really aren’t sure who founded Troy, some do think it might have been the Greeks, because of Greek Legends and Myths, while other’s think it even might have been the Hittites, while others think they might have migrated there from as far east as the Russian Steppes. Some think they might have been pre-flood survivors.

Like the Trojans, the druids were exterminated, and none of there USB drives survived. The early Christians were also exterminated. The early Jews were also exterminated.

All of this occurred during a time period where few people could read or write, and most of this all handed down through ‘select’ books that the Vatican kept.

Elsewhere in the thread it was determined by a documented whistle blower that the Vatican has right on up through our own lifetimes, had the Encyclopedia Britannica edited to change history when ever it doesn’t favor Rome’s version of it.

The victors get to rewrite history, and start turning it into myth and legend while proffering it as real history, that though does not make myths and legends real history.

Most credible accounts or works on Troy clearly preface the articles as being largely based on Myth and Legend.

Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere

So the moral of the story, is, that until people stop being afraid and insecure when it comes to speaking for them selves, standing on their own code and platform, and learn to take full responsibility for themselves, they will end up placing their faith and allegiance into despots, tyrants, criminals and psychopants.

Proto, that post reminded me very much of Walter Cronkite. His on air antics kept our nation mesmerized and satisfied with the stories fed to us. He always gave me the creeps and I don't say that in retrospect. Even as a kid I felt repulsed by him and it's not like I could quantify that.

Note the absolute authority Cronkite would use in presenting the news “And that’s the way it is May 15, 2010”

Yet Cronkite himself goes on to tell us years later that his authoritative signature line was meant to set up a vignette where he could set the emotional tenure and context in which people should react with in viewing the story he deemed most important that day.

He states further that 22 minutes was just not enough time to ‘present’ the news in the way he felt it ought to be presented. Yet he doesn’t say how he really wanted it presented other than that hint when it comes to his signature line, where he clearly admits to wanting to set the emotional reaction to a story, by displaying that emotional reaction himself.

So are you a newsman or are you trying to be a moral authority. If you are trying to be a moral authority, what are your morals, and to what end and whose end do they serve?

So even back in the day of the Classic Evening News which many people feel is much more journalistic focused, that desire to set emotional hooks and manipulate emotional instead of intellectual reactions based purely on pros and cons was already there, and already noted, and already being acted upon, with a desire to expand it more into what we see today, with news celebrity personalities feeding us almost nothing in the way of facts, pros or cons but heaps of emotion that generally revolve around negatives like anger and fear.

new topics

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join