It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona did the right thing!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
there are plenty of legal mexicans in america, you know.

yes and they ALL have a valid US birth certificate
so what's the problem ??? Just show the dang
thing and be on ur merry way

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer
reply to post by SpectreDC

I can live with that. So what is the solution? America needs to continue
being informed and woken up. Let's all start bailing out the water and
keep on until the lake is a lot smaller. Good idea.

I really hope this is sarcasm replying to my sarcasm.

I really, really, REALLY hope this is sarcasm.

If it isn't, this is a time when I sometimes support eugenics and forced sterilization.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by skunknuts
as enforcement of this mandate is going to be very expensive and resource consuming (while being very ineffective)...

not a problem if AZ prints it's own money !!!!
after secession of course.

Well, at least we know where you stand....

Best,
SN

P.S. (if we didn't before)

[edit on 4/24/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

When they start asking for every American's BC, then and only then will this Mexican show his.

If it is a national ID you want, then so be it.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Yes, we should all start carrying around birth certificates. This is a rational solution for this problem. Lets be the first country on this planet that requires people to constantly carry their birth certificate, or be capable of detaining them on the spot.

Home of the free baby. Home of the free. As long as you carry around your birth certificate....

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I think AZ is taking a step in the right direction. But its not a fix ... its a bandaid on a bullet wound.

A Soultion to illegal immigration that will Work!

I posted the problem and the Solution, but enforcement is the key. If you lack the ability to enforce it why bother.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Live in Phoenix for a year, near 16th st. and Roosevelt, then come back and see if you have the same attitude.

I can guarentee you won't.

Stop throwing political key words around like cheap sushi and see the issue for what it really is. The common man's problem. Not Washington's.

Peace

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Do you carry your birth certificate with you at all times?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
And do you believe Mexico is enforcing this policy? If they were, their wouldn't be OTM's (other than Mexicans) crossing the border.

of course they are
read article below

edit to delete link
ATS wont let me use special characters in the link, sorry

there are many more articles like this
if u just search

[edit on 24-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Yes, we should all start carrying around birth certificates. This is a rational solution for this problem. Lets be the first country on this planet that requires people to constantly carry their birth certificate, or be capable of detaining them on the spot.

Home of the free baby. Home of the free. As long as you carry around your birth certificate....

Spectre-- You are being very principled, I respect that. I know this issue pulls in different directions, but you are staying true to your belief in liberty and the constitution. That is what separates the Ron Paulites from the Sarah Palin slack-jaws...

Best,
SN

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

No
but it's not mandatory in my state.
If it comes to that, yes I will carry it.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

No
but it's not mandatory in my state.
If it comes to that, yes I will carry it.

So you would support a mandatory national ID card?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

u r twisting my words

No I do not support a National ID card

how did this law about birth certificates
become interjected with National ID cards???

Not the same

I do however would suggest that all 50 states
have a new category placed on their drivers license
which showed what nationality they were.

No different than showing ur weight or eye color
or hair color.

have a category of NAT which stands for Nationality.
And origin of birth could be determined when you apply
for your drivers license or upgrade ur license or state
ID card. They already have those. At least NC does
anyway.

This way u wouldn't have to carry around a paper
birth certificate. It would already be on your drivers
license

[edit on 24-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

u r twisting my words

No I do not support a National ID card

how did this law about birth certificates
become interjected with National ID cards???

Not the same

I do however would suggest that all 50 states
have a new category placed on their drivers license
which showed what nationality they were.

No different than showing ur weight or eye color
or hair color.

have a category of NAT which stands for Nationality.
And origin of birth could be determined when you apply
for your drivers license or upgrade ur license or state
ID card. They already have those. At least NC does
anyway.

Let's just use an RFID chip under our skin and be done with it!

Best,
SN

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Spectre-- You are being very principled, I respect that. I know this issue pulls in different directions, but you are staying true to your belief in liberty and the constitution. That is what separates the Ron Paulites from the Sarah Palin slack-jaws...

Best,
SN

Heh, thanks. I'm not one to say this is an easy problem to solve and in fact, it's quite a moral quandary.

On one hand, I fully understand people who support this legislation, and from a pragmatic stance it does seem to be the easiest solution to the problem.

On the other hand, it's completely detrimental towards American principles, which if anyone was truly informed would know many of the rights we believe in were derived from natural law; a law that requires no government to mandate, as it is mandated by nature/God.

Furthermore, I'm just very sketched out by this whole situation. To me it seems like that whole "national ID with all of your info on it" chip is becoming more and more likely, and I rue the day when the federal government tells us that this is going to be their solution to this problem.

Regardless, this law in reality won't fix a damn thing. Companies are going to continue bringing in illegals and supplying them with the needed I.D. to stay in the country. Others will continue to come it, get kicked out, and come back in. If there is any solution to this problem, it needs to be started with the companies perpetuating the problems and the federal government doing what is promised by it in the constitution; protect our boarders.

Hell, here is an even better solution; destroy out sourcing and end the war on drugs. Then, not only do we have the jobs we so disparately need, but we can kill the funding of the drug cartels, cut costs by releasing the non-violent drug offenders, and taxing the drugs so we can get money. Not to mention the jobs it would create, the industries it would create, the research that can be done in creating medicine that is actually useful, and hey, if I'm going to be living in a police state I'm going to be needing drugs legally to deal with the insanity, tyranny and corruption in this country.

Look at that, I just solved the drug cartel problem, our economic problem, and our jobs problem. Using *gasp*, common sense!

[edit on 24-4-2010 by SpectreDC]

[edit on 24-4-2010 by SpectreDC]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Let's just use an RFID chip under our skin and be done with it!

i hate to be the bearer of bad news
but some states already have RFID chips
in their drivers licenses.

And they already have them in credit cards
and debit bank cards and even cell phones.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I can see the same people are lying and obfuscating again.

I notice the people decrying the legislation still do not paste any proof to their contentions. Employers are going to be penalized. Also, only questions of legality is strictly relevant to LAWFUL contact with the government and the police.

I see lying, obfuscation, and propaganda is the standard here now at ATS.

Frelling ignorance.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
I can see the same people are lying and obfuscating again.

I notice the people decrying the legislation still do not paste any proof to their contentions. Employers are going to be penalized. Also, only questions of legality is strictly relevant to LAWFUL contact with the government and the police.

I see lying, obfuscation, and propaganda is the standard here now at ATS.

Frelling ignorance.

You know, I'm going to say what a lot of people likely want to say to you.

Your constant usage of obfuscate is an obfuscation, concealing the fact that you're no where near as insightful, intelligent, or wise as you perceive yourself to be by using a long, uncommon word that sounds "smart".

I can tell by the fact that whenever you don't use the word, everything you say has little bearing on reality considering the fact that the objections towards this bill have been mentioned, clarified, and argued about rather constantly for the past 24 hours on both sides. I can also tell by the fact that anyone who is actually smart, and knows how to write well, would never use the term as frequently as you do as that leads to bland, boring posts when there are several synonyms that can be used.

No one thinks your clever. No one thinks your smart. Stop "obfuscating" (see, I can do it too!) your posts by using the term obfuscation, especially when you have NEVER clarified how people are concealing what they mean in any SINGLE post you have EVER made that has the word "obfuscate".

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Really, alright post me a LINK to one comment that links to the bill and a comment which points out the un Constitutional component of this legislation.

I can write a thread and say anything I want. If I do not provide PROOF and just continue to state the SAME THING over and over again, does not make it true.

NOT ONE PERSON YET, has provided any evidence that this legislation is un Constitutional.

They continue to say it violate the 4th amendment.

Alright, tell me, what part of the legislation violates this-

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

So, that is the 4th amendment. I have provided the link and quote in another thread, that STATED that only when there is LAWFUL interaction between the police and the government can they ask for documentation.

The very thing that goes on NOW.

So please, give me case law or at LEAST provide a component of this legislation that breaks the 4th amendment.

I keep seeing people commenting that it does things with NO PROOF.

How about providing PROOF!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

It sounded to the Law Blog like we were heading toward a big federalism showdown. So we turned to Karl Manheim of Loyola Law School in Los Angeles and Erwin Chemerinsky of UC Irvine Law to pregame it for us. Their response: the law is DOA.

The Arizona law appears to be “facially unconstitutional,” Manheim said. “States have no power to pass immigration laws because it’s an attribute of foreign affairs. Just as states can’t have their own foreign policies or enter into treaties, they can’t have their own immigration laws either.”

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join