It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle cartoonist: May 22 is ‘Everybody Draw Mohammed Day’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Typical american, go blow up countries, and start wars against people that have nothing to do with you, then your mad that people do not like you.

Amazing how americans have no respect for nothing, while obama gets america to torture and kill all over the world, they just want to rub it in there face.

At least usa will be like everywhere else one day, and man do these people not have any clue about what they are talking about. I do not like muslims, but man americans are obsessed with creating hatred against foreign people for no reason.

Ron paul is the only sensible american out of 300 million, and he is misunderstood because he is a passive man, something against american tradition of violence.

If your a passive person in this world, americans goes mental, that people exist they cannot understand.
Typical foreigener always busting the US balls. If not for us you would be bored to death. We are talking about a cartoon, not blowing things up. Sounds like you are obsessed with your hatred. Get a life and stop putting others down for their freedom of expression.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
i agree with the OP. This stuff has got to stop.

Blatant in my opinion.

The other day I listened to a CBC Radio Canada with a interview with a "Muslin Rebel" who filmed himself crossing out the verse in the Koran that reflects upon beating your spouse and how it pained him to cross it out.

WTF???

On CBC Radio Canada???

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I like to picture my Muhammad wearing a tuxedo tshirt. It tells me that he likes to be formal, but he's here to party.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
If you're offended by a drawing/cartoon you need to get over yourself. People are always complaining about the stupidest things! They just need a good beating, straight up

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
i think islam has to go through the gauntlet to get out of the pc mindset. i don't like people that can't laugh at themselves.

we have hate laws and tolorance, not vigilantism.

radicals will stick out more.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Typical american, go blow up countries, and start wars against people that have nothing to do with you, then your mad that people do not like you.

If people are stupid enough to riot over catroons that should automatically qualify them for the all-time Darwin Awards, no? Well they at least might get their chance for the 2010 award if they get fired up with this little turnout.

"I mean c'mon" (South Park "Jimmy" reference), if you're willing to riot over cartoons its time to come to realize how weak you are emotionally.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
Screw anyone who DARES says i cannot say or express WHATEVER i feel.

This is America, it's ok to make fun of jesus and anyone else except Muhammad? rofl no thanks. Freedom of speech extends to everyone and everything as it does with these #heads threatening US citizens from NEW YORK!!!!!! It doesn't matter what your god is or who you choose to place any form of worship in, as long as this is America WE HAVE A RIGHT to say it/draw it/write it or anything else we choose to do. Anyone who tells you otherwise is imposing on YOUR RIGHTS as a US citizen this is exactly what our forefathers gave their lives for, to defend our right to say WHATEVER we deem we must.

Exactly. You are right on the spot, man. I don't have anything against Islam, and I don't really feel the need to draw Mohammed in a negative light, or draw him at all, but if someone wants to... so what? If it offends someone, then it's not the artist's fault, it's the offended person's fault!
Some people should really learn to lighten up. You can only be offended if you let yourself be.

I don't get offended by anything anymore. It's not worth my time to be offended. Lighten up, guys. Of course, you don't have to lighten up if you don't want to... that's all a part of freedom. You can be offended by little things if you want, too. You can also choose to not be offended. Your choice. It will probably make life easier if you don't allow yourself to be offended, but whatever floats your boat.

As an American, and a Human Being, I have a right to do as I wish so long as it does not stop others from doing as they wish... as does everyone else. If words and pictures hurt someone's feelings, well, then that sucks. Too bad for them. I do think it's good to be respectful of people's beliefs and lifestyles, and that also includes people whose beliefs and lifestyles tend to be on the more "offensive" end of the spectrum. But, of course, it's only offensive if you allow it to be.

You other Americans here who are saying we should adhere to the dictation of Islam on the rules of drawing Mohammed... you do *not* fully believe in freedom of speech, or you're filled with fear. That's a shame. The Islam rules are Islam rules, not my rules. If you're Muslim, follow the rules by all means. As for people who are not Muslim, and do not want to follow the rules that only apply to the Muslim community, then you should be respectful of that decision. Is an insulting picture of Mohammed really something to pop a blood vessel over, or to die for? I would advise you lighten up, and go on with your life. If people disagree with your religion, well then let them be... they're going to go to hell anyway, right?

Peace.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I don't see why people don't see the big issue here..... newspaper cartoonists should go out and get real jobs, sell their cartoons on the side on the internet maybe how is that a justified job to rake in what, 50k a year at least for a city paper?

Has anyone else maybe looked at this from the false flag perspective?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
We are suppose to be a nation of religious freedom and respecting someones religion. Muslims don't like to have Mohamad drawn its their belief so we as americans should respect their wishs. Cause all we are doing is starting problems that doesn't need to be started. Just let it go.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The website that was sending stuff to the media, suggesting Muslims should kill the creators of South Park has got hacked.

www.revolutionislam.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I find all of this focus very suspicious and well-timed.

So who started this New York based radical Islam website?
I was surprised when I looked into just that.

It was created by Yousef al-Khattab, who was born Joseph Cohen, an American Jew who converted to Islam after living in Israel and attending an orthodox rabbinical school. He came back to New York, starts this radical Islamic website and starts spewing antisemitic and anti-American sentiments online.

So this American Jew who after going to Israel and studying the religion so seriously, suddenly became so vehemently disillusioned with Judaism?

Especially to the point where he performs a complete 180???!!!

Still even if this all just happens to be the case, I just do get why has he and this obscure site run by 5-10 people that I have never heard of, SUDDENLY come to the forefront of the media and touted as being representative of Islamic ire?

Meanwhile the rest of the international Muslim world that burns effigies over a teddy bear hasn't batted an eye.

Personally I think the Muslims that do get outraged over these sort of things are way too uptight for my tastes, I don't see the harm in the South Park show that I saw or any of the others, even still, this whole thing smells as fishy as an Israeli dressed as an Arab and dancing around as the towers fell.

Put your thinking caps on ATS, before you join the chorus.

I'm all for free speech and expression but people are blowing this ridiculous site way out of proportion and giving it more attention than it needs. I see too that some opportunists are using this as an outlet for some pet up anger and frustration.

South Park doesn't even need to acknowledge this and should just keep making the brilliant work that they do.

- Lee

[edit on 25-4-2010 by lee anoma]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MrMartay

My guess is Jews own the website and planted these comments to spread hatred towards muslims. You people as usual take the bait hook line and sinker ... too easy really.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by boredsilly]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by boredsilly

My guess is Jews own the website and planted these comments to spread hatred towards muslims. You people as usual take the bait hook line and sinker ... too easy really.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by boredsilly]

that sounds like something eric cartman would say.

you cant be serious.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Anyone on this forum that agrees with censorship because of the fear invoked by children that make threats, have been properly subdued and mentally imprisoned by terrorism.

Noun

* S: (n) terrorism, act of terrorism, terrorist act (the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear)

Link

Censoring yourself, giving up your freedom...no matter how small or "insignificant," is the same as waving a white flag and telling a person who uses intimidation and coercion to get their point across that they win.

I for one, will not make a decision because I have been bullied into that decision...regardless of who is threatening me.

There is no point in fighting a "War on terror" if we are going to be so easily terrorized.

[edit on 4/25/2010 by dalan.]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by boredsilly

Oh well. Extremist Muslims are spreading hatred towards Western civilisation so who's right and who's wrong?
A world without religious nonsense would be a great world to live in, we all know that. But unfortunately there are millions of insecure people who need something invisible and external to believe in.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by MrMartay]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonoflibra
We are suppose to be a nation of religious freedom and respecting someones religion. Muslims don't like to have Mohamad drawn its their belief so we as americans should respect their wishs. Cause all we are doing is starting problems that doesn't need to be started. Just let it go.

Christians don't like having people make fun of jeebuz, but in this country freedom of speech is valued so they suck it up.

The muslims need to realize that. They aren't owed any special treatment. Nobody is.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mimer
I learned something today...

These radical people have successfully achieved censorship over all of us by threatening to kill or otherwise harm people associated with the airing of the show south park.

That's very true. After one of these radical idiots killed Theo van Gogh, there are very few people left who dear to make fun of Mohammed.

Although I don't blame Islam in general for extremism, I sincerely wonder why it is Islam that seems to be the only major religion that has such a very large number of extremist followers who resort to violence.

People have attempted to debunk this fact by calling it pure Western propaganda, but they have failed to provide sources to back that up - and remember there is a difference between incidents and constant religious violence.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by boredsilly

Right, when SP rips on Jews even more often, and more thoroughly. Nice try, Cartman.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
If Muslims are so terribly offended by a cartoon of Mohammed, why not, I don't know, go live in an Islamic theocratic state where it can't happen?

Why is this so hard to understand?

Ok, look. I'm free - more or less, given the censors here - to talk smack about your mother. I could even suggest you were conceived after a night of low-budget quickies in Atlantic City with, I dunno, let's say a stumbling drunk Colin Blunstone and the '76 Detroit Red Wings.

As satire is protected speech, that'd be a fair thing to do. But I wouldn't do that, because it's offensive, and having the right to say it doesn't mean I have the obligation to.

And that's the whole point of this. Muslims don't like the idea of images of Mohamed being shown, and it's offensive to them to do so - and that offense is nearly universal. Yes, the violent reaction is uncalled for, but so is the violent reaction you get out of 10% of the population for suggesting their mother might have been a prostitute.

Face it, the only reason South Park - and the other cartoonists - went this route was to court the controversy that was bound to ensue. No other purpose has been served. Asserting your right to cause offense (as the cartoonist in the OP's article does) is either immature or absurd. Take your pick.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonoflibra
I respect your or any religion just don't force it on me, I won't force mine. A new relegion forms all the time, should I keep up with their rules? Not hardly, the problem is when someone forces a beleaf on you. Thats tyranay.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join