It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle cartoonist: May 22 is ‘Everybody Draw Mohammed Day’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
reply to post by hippomchippo

did you invade the middle east? LOL

Yes. America invaded the Middle East.

It was a terrible decision that many Americans didn't support. I am one of those who was entirely against it.

However, that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. This is about freedom of speech. Regardless of our government's foreign policy decisions, all US CITIZENS hold the right to depict and make fun of whoever we choose.

It's really that simple.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by drwizardphd]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

since you invaded the middle east. get out of the middle east then you have the full right to do as you wish...

and also since you allowed muslims in you're country...

I didn't invade the middle east.
And once again, it's your, not you're.
And I don't see how you can be so quick to cop out the one freedom that is essential to liberty.
But wait, let me get this straight, because america is stationed in afghanistan, we're not allowed to draw pictures of mohammed?

[edit on 24-4-2010 by hippomchippo]

english is not my first language and i'm happy enough that i can write and speak it, so you dont have to be an english school teacher about it.

you didnt invade the middle east?

now let me get this straight, just because it says you can doesnt mean you have to mr english teacher rofl

I like how you ignored the majority of my post and simply talked about grammar issues, please, answer my question, because america is stationed in afghanistan, we're not allowed to draw pictures of mohammed? And why are you so quick to give up your freedom of speech?

i havent given up my freedom of speech, i just dont see the point in making fun/ or drawing images of muhammed...

do you know why muhammed is different?
because unlike other religious figures, not even the muslims draw him. christians and hindus and Buddhist all create idols for thier prophets and gods, but the muslims dont.
if the muslims built a statue of muhammed then maybe then you can too create an art piece off him.

so now answer this question, why do you feel that it is necessary to draw images of muhammed?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

did you invade the middle east? LOL

No, I didn't, america did, It wasn't my call.
And for your information, i'm opposed to the war in the middle east.
Are you going to continue to ignore my questions?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

since you invaded the middle east. get out of the middle east then you have the full right to do as you wish...

And I don't see how you can be so quick to cop out the one freedom that is essential to liberty.
But wait, let me get this straight, because america is stationed in afghanistan, we're not allowed to draw pictures of mohammed?

english is not my first language and i'm happy enough that i can write and speak it, so you dont have to be an english school teacher about it.

now let me get this straight, just because it says you can doesnt mean you have to mr english teacher rofl

I like how you ignored the majority of my post and simply talked about grammar issues, please, answer my question, because america is stationed in afghanistan, we're not allowed to draw pictures of mohammed? And why are you so quick to give up your freedom of speech?

i havent given up my freedom of speech, i just dont see the point in making fun/ or drawing images of muhammed...

because unlike other religious figures, not even the muslims draw him. christians and hindus and Buddhist all create idols for thier prophets and gods, but the muslims dont.
if the muslims built a statue of muhammed then maybe then you can too create an art piece off him.

so now answer this question, why do you feel that it is necessary to draw images of muhammed?

I never said it was necessary, I think we should have the right to draw whatever religious prophet we want, in any scenario we want.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I never said it was necessary, I think we should have the right to draw whatever religious prophet we want, in any scenario we want.

if the muslims dont draw muhammed themselves then why should that give you the right to draw him?

because of the first amendment?

well there wasnt any muslims in america when that was written and i dont think there was any terrorists back then either.

when times change so does the rules. you cant have the good old america for ever... in fact american society changed so much in the last 40 years that its about time they change the constitutional right...

edit

oh right thats what obama is doing right now.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by RizeorDie]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

if the muslims dont draw muhammed themselves then why should that give you the right to draw him?

well there wasnt any muslims in america when that was written and i dont think there was any terrorists back then either.

when times change so does the rules. you cant have the good old america for ever... in fact american society changed so much in the last 40 years that its about time they change the constitutional right...

So because some people don't do something neither should I?
Jews don't eat pork, does that mean everybody in the U.S shouldn't eat pork?
Are you proposing that we change the rules of the constitution to force people not to draw pictures of mohammed?
Completely ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Are you proposing that we change the rules of the constitution to force people not to draw pictures of mohammed?
Completely ridiculous.

no, that change will happen... mr obama is working on it... just awaiting a flase flag...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Completely ridiculous.

no, that change will happen... mr obama is working on it... just awaiting a flase flag...

So thats what this has devolved into? Obama is going to change the constitution to force people to not draw mohammed?
You're talking complete nonsense.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

its not about muhammed. its about changing the way america operates, all the laws and rights can be changed.... nothing to do with muslims and nothing to do with muhammed. hell when that change happens muhammed will not even cross you're mind...

are you finished?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

its not about muhammed. its about changing the way america operates, all the laws and rights can be changed.... nothing to do with muslims and nothing to do with muhammed. hell when that change happens muhammed will not even cross you're mind...

are you finished?

Then it's irrelevent, go talk about it in a conspiracy thread, as this thread is about drawing mohammed.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

are you finished?

rofl rofl rofl rofl

did you not read the thread title you're in? rofl rofl rofl rofl

rofl

I believe you were intending to start a thread called "need to change the way america operartes" .. in which you would find almost all Americans agreeing with you.

But I understand it isnt as fun playing stupid or putting down rofl rofl rofl rofl or baiting people with horrible logic....

( - - )
...|
...|
../\

there's my armless mo... free speech ftw

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Love it, love it, love it! I am going to start on my cartoon today. These people think they can "scare" us into not simply expressing our views or emotions? Take a hike... go live in a cave, scream jihad somewhere else. Just go away!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

if you want to practice you're rights and make fun of muhammed then go for it.

but when upset muslims start blowing things up and killing people then dont say whats wrong with muslims, because clearly you started it knowing it will provoke many muslims.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

but when upset muslims start blowing things up and killing people then dont say whats wrong with muslims, because clearly you started it knowing it will provoke many muslims.

No, I didn't start it.
Drawing a picture shouldn't be vengeanced by suicide bombings and killings.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

No, I didn't start it.

try telling that to the extremist muslims.

edit:
they take simple things very seriously becuase they lack the sense of humour, and they're not afraid to kill themselves whilst taking a few lives with them, they think theres a heaven for them somewhere...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

As a cartoonist, I'm declining to participate in this "event".

For starters - it's rude and childish.

Furthermore - I've seen far too many "artistic expressions" on the internet by those who take their First Amendment liberties that go beyond the boundaries of what was probably intended by our forefathers.

(And I refuse to elaborate on the subject content of those images.)

While I'm not an extremist (as in, I'm not going to tell others what they can or cannot do themselves) - I still retain personal standards and ethics that I'm not willing to compromise over such a small, stupid thing.

So South Park got bleeped. BIG BLEEPING DEAL!

I'm not going to be wasting my time and talents on something so trivial.

*Please excuse me while I facepalm the grade school mentality of those taking this issue so damned seriously. *

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

No, I didn't start it.

try telling that to the extremist muslims.

edit:
they take simple things very seriously becuase they lack the sense of humour, and they're not afraid to kill themselves whilst taking a few lives with them, they think theres a heaven for them somewhere...

That's why I believe a nice flood of muhammed pictures will do the trick, unless they want to suicide bomb over a thousand people doing crappy little drawings on facebook.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

South park got bleeped??? big freaking deal?????

A religion that promotes the stoning of rape victims has scared an American institution like South Park into censoring themselves????

Big deal???

yes SCARED! threats of violence is probably the only thing that would make Parker and Stone agree to be censored.

They have paradied Jesus and scientology, Islam is un-touchable!!??

Ya.. no big deal.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathchild

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Honestly - I don't think it's that big a deal.

(and yeah, I'm a huge fan of South Park as well. Go figure.)

But yeah, soooooooooo last week for me.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the underlying principle behind the May 22nd movement.

Who knows? Maybe it'll work. Maybe the silly approach will work. Maybe South Park just wasn't "silly enough". Maybe this time....it will be different.

Maybe together we can change the world for the better!

Yes. Believe me. I understand the principle behind the movement.

I fought my wars in the 1990's.
You kids have fun with yours.

Best of luck.

*edit to add - I also find the thought of South Park as being an "American Institution" absolutely hilarious.

I get what you mean, but....oh man. I really "went there" for a moment.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 4/24/10 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
All those supporting drawing some invisible man and saying there should be no censorship your view is correct and I support you. Hoping my drawing does not offend anyone & all supporting free expression & right to say and draw anything will support my right too. If not then hypocrisy. Also if this post gets removed I would understand drawing against Muslim is acceptable on ATS as is shown on this thread but nothing that go against Christian and Jewish belief.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░▄▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░▄▀░▄▀░▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░▄▀░▄▀░▄▀░░░▀▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░█▀▄░░░░▀█░▄▀░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░
░░░▄▀▄░▀▄░▀▄░░░░▀░░░░▄█▄░░░░▀▄░░░
░▄▀░░░▀▄░▀▄░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░█░▀▄░░░░▀▄░
░█▀▄░░░░▀▄░█▀░░░░░░░▀█░▀▄░▀▄░▄▀█░
░▀▄░▀▄░░░░▀░░░░▄█▄░░░░▀▄░▀▄░█░▄▀░
░░░▀▄░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░█░▀▄░░░░▀▄░▀█▀░░░