It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fringe

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I think the part that i was most "shocked" about was the fact that the Observers were EXPERIMENTING with the future to "see if Walter would react as predicted." That seems like an awfully large gamble for an Observer to make, don't you think???

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Not really, if the result of inaction is the destruction of one or both Universes....

Of course, we don't know that though.... I personally love the twist on the MIB phenomenon as these "Observers"...that Fringe has used throughout the show.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
SPOILERS

/SPOILERS

The above video is some quick Q&A with Fringe producers. Here are the questions asked (without the answers):

Q: Alternate Mr. Jones?
Q: Alternate William Bell?
Q: Third Universe?
Q: Walter/Walternate Face-Off?
Q: Alternate Nina?
Q: Lincoln from our side?
Q: Observers we haven't met? (The missing months)
Q: The second people?
Q: Robert Bishop?
Q: Rogue Observers/John Mosely?
Q: The return of Leonard Nimoy?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
No comments this week?

I am glad that our Brandon is still a good guy at massive dynamic and not a shapeshifter or a spy. He is my favorite of the non-main characters and I hope he gets a larger role.

I wonder if Dr. Falcon (the shapeshifter) was lying about any of Peter's test results.

After this week's episode we have another one taking place in the other universe. That should be interesting.
edit on 2/2/2011 by MrAndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Me too, I like Brandon, and I was about to be ticked...whew!

I think the shifter doc lied.

Weird twist to see Peter go all vigilante. You'd think he'd enlist the help of those closest to him. So, will he offer up the memory chips? That whole angle just seemed weird to me. (and out of character for him).

Great stuff with Walter and the monkey DNA...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
So Peter must choose.... Newlivia or Oldlivia.

Not sure I like the needy Olivia. Or (necessarily) the new turn the show is taking. It is more delving into a Peter-Olivia thing and ....snore.... I'd rather it not be a big romantic thing. The chemistry between them is good....but it shouldn't be the centerpoint of the show.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I didn't expect to see Sam Weiss at the end of the episode, I also didn't expect Nina Sharp to be the one to confront him. The anagrams seemed like something Olivia or Astrid would figure out first. Sam might really be one of the "first people", last season he told Olivia that he was "much older" and "taller" then he appeared. Maybe the Observer's brought him through time?

So we hear from the CIA again. This is the second time an agent has shown up, I believe. The last agent we saw was in season 1 episode "Inner Child" in which that empathic, bald, pale boy was discovered in the sewers who formed a bond with Olivia. In retrospect of that episode, my theory is that the child grows up to be the time-travelling observer that we are most familiar with.

The next episode takes place in the other universe and is titled "Immortality".

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Fringe got a small plug on "The Cleveland Show" last night.

Peter Jr.! So.. I think it's the twist most of us saw coming ever since Peter and Fauxlivia got together. Peter has a 180 I.Q. but isn't smart enough to use a condom.
Oh well, it does open up some interesting possibilities. Might Walternate use the baby to activate the machine instead of Peter (if that is possible)? Although using the child in any way kind of contradicts what we learned in the last episode: Walternate refuses to use children as test subjects.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Well obviously, I think Walternate will use the baby to entice Peter to choose their (his) world (and Fauxlivia)....

The real question is....will the writers allow the show to end that way? Any news on whether Fringe will get picked up for a 4th season?

As sad as it will make me....I predict that it will NOT get picked up for another season and will, instead, end this spring.
The show just seems to be going that direction....

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

All the interviews with the producers seem to suggest that they are confident the show is returning for another season. FOX really likes the show and I think it will be renewed if the show can average close to a 2.0 for the season.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
So the bad news is that Fringe took a really bad drop in the ratings last Friday, the good news is that every other show on Friday was affected as well, so it doesn't look so bad. The other good news is that the DVR rating is still pretty strong.

Entertainment Weekly has "Fringe" on it's list as shows that "Could go either way" in terms of renewal.

FringeTelevision.com says that it is better for the show if the fans watch it live, but if you DVR it you should watch it within the first 24 hours so it can be included in the "Live + Same Day" ratings.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Like I said before though, advertisers don't care about the DVR ratings, because people fast forward through their commercials. I don't know why networks feel compelled to move sci-fi shows to Fridays...maybe they think we geeks don't have a night life? I don't know...

In retrospect of that episode, my theory is that the child grows up to be the time-travelling observer that we are most familiar with.

Interesting idea...never made that connection before. Nice observation (get it?).

I liked the reveal of Sam as one of the First People. (or it was implied). Should be neat to see, but yeah, I wonder which Olivia Peter is going to choose. Faulivia certainly smiles a lot more. I'm thinking it won't matter in the end, as we'll see the writers have Faulivia somehow sacrifice herself to save Peter, thus ending it (and the baby complication), and getting him back with Olivia in one fell swoop.
edit on 17-2-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

I hope that isn't evidence of the beginning of the end....

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Doesn't that really only apply to Nielson families? Otherwise, how would they track it? Isn't it largely a statistical extract based on the sample provided by Nielson boxes? Wish I had one of those boxes. A friend of mine is one such family, and other than kids' shows, they don't really even watch TV that much... A lot of good THAT is doing...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I don't really know enough about that to comment, I am just relaying information from other websites. The ratings for the last episode went up to 1.5 which is low compared to other FOX shows, but is a high enough number to win (or tie) the Friday night ratings battle. I don't know if that's going to be good enough for FOX or not.

Did anyone else think that the whole idea of a high emotional state like love overcoming the barrier between universes as we saw in this episode will be played out again between Peter and Fauxlivia? Hmm.

Feb 25 is a flashback episode that looks very interesting. March 4th appears to have no episode due to the NAACP Image Awards, but Fringe returns March 11th with a new episode.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
What I found interesting is that by "letting go" the old woman was able to heal and close the fissure between the two worlds.

Is this a "cure" for the destruction between the two universes?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I still have to see the last episode (and V)... I've had so much going on lately, that TV has been last on my list.
You guys have certainly piqued my curiosity though.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Finally got to see it.

At the very least, it suggests that there may be another solution other than amber, for breeching the gaps between the Universes. I especially liked the dilemma Walter faced about having to resort to the same solution on "our" side as well. It put a new spin on Walternate.

Also, an interesting twist on the idea of entanglement between the two Universes. So far, we knew only about the coin toss connection, but seems that emotional connections can also breach the boundary (at least if done at the same place and time in both Universes).

Interesting ending...Peter and Oldlivia taking it to the next level....boom, chicka wow wow....but no footage? Jipped!

Interesting tidbit:

In Futurama episode The Farnsworth Parabox, Professor Farnsworth creates a parallel universe. The only difference between our universe and the other is that every time someone flipped a coin, it landed on the opposite side. This leads to extremely different worlds and humorous confusion.

edit on 25-2-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

My husband and I have discussed Walternate at length. Really, Walternate is not a bad guy. He doesn't use children as test subjects AND he is only hateful of the other universe because Walter stole Peter and that act, while heinous enough, is also leading to the destruction of his world.

My husband poised the question "how evil would Walter be if he had all the pieces of his brain?"

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Our Walter at least, has had a period of time without those pieces, so he's formed a new outlook, that I don't think would be tarnished by those additions. The brain is a remarkable thing, and can make new connections when part is damaged or removed.

I wonder if Walter flipped a coin way back when, and decided to test on children, whereas Walternate's coin came up differently....

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join