It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fringe

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Interesting story arc about Olivia and Peter meeting as kids...and great to see how Walternate found out who took Peter! I've been wondering about that for ages!

Loved the 80's beginning redo, hehe.... it was "totally rad".."to the max" even...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Interesting story arc about Olivia and Peter meeting as kids...and great to see how Walternate found out who took Peter! I've been wondering about that for ages!

Loved the 80's beginning redo, hehe.... it was "totally rad".."to the max" even...

Ok so I'm rather disappointed with this episode! Talking about blowing continuity out of the water! In the earlier episodes, Olivia was about 3 yrs old and cringing in a corner in a darkened room. In this episode, she and Peter are about 10-12 yrs old easily yet Walter is the same age as his earlier self when she was 3. Faux paus on the writers part.... Personally, I think the storyline was better with Olivia developing her skill at age 3. The way the story is structured now, I wonder how both Peter and Olivia have forgotten their "past" together?

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

I'm with you! Well, we already knew that Olivia remembered nothing from the cortexiphan testing, but no clue on why Peter doesn't remember anything. I don't know what that means for the old clip we saw of Olivia at 3 showing her powers. Hopefully the producers will clear things up in their next chat.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Just a reminder, there is no new Fringe episode this week (March 4). FOX is airing the NAACP Image Awards. New episodes are back next week (March 11).

Awesome new Fringe promo:

It is spoiler-free, as long as you are all caught up in the show.

If you have quick eyes you can spot a LOST-alum in the video who has a guest role in an upcoming episode.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

I think I saw Hurley....

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

AND WTF Do they need to air that crap on FOX??? They have BET for that! I was wondering WTH happened this week (I watch on Hulu the next day, so I don't get previews or any airing info like that) Stupid NAACP ruins this country anyway!

Rant over!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I thoroughly enjoyed this past episode! Other than the Fauxlivia baby, I typically have been unable to make accurate predictions in the show. "Ghost Belly" is one I never would have guessed. I thought it might be a route they wouldn't take with it being maybe too supernatural for the show. I knew from past spoilers that William Bell would be returning in some capacity, but possessing Olivia was really unexpected.

Speaking of Olivia, the way she was acting in this episode with all the smiling and being lovestruck looked really forced and unnatural. When she played the other Olivia, it looked more natural, so I'm wondering if it isn't intentional. Maybe she's still unable to get the other Olivia out of her head.

I can't wait for next week's Fringe! It looks incredible!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

the way she was acting in this episode with all the smiling and being lovestruck looked really forced and unnatural.

I was wondering if I was the only one who felt that way. If deliberate, damn good and subtle acting....!!!

I think it may be more her struggle to separate the two characters as an actress...who knows.

It's funny, but I knew the bell was going to come into this again. I told my wife during the episode Nina got it, that it has some role to play in the future. I was guessing it had some kind of info that would help Walter figure things out. Never guessed the possession idea.

Pretty loose idea for the freak of the week though...but still, loving the show. (and glad Peter came clean with Olivia!)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Loved the show but I get the feeling that possessed Olivia is going to be too hokey for some viewers to follow and the show really can't spare the loss. Anyone know how they are doing ratings wise? It was about this time last yr when they announced Season 3 with a full line up of 22 shows. I just can't shake the hunch that the show will not be renewed...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
Loved the show but I get the feeling that possessed Olivia is going to be too hokey for some viewers to follow and the show really can't spare the loss. Anyone know how they are doing ratings wise? It was about this time last yr when they announced Season 3 with a full line up of 22 shows. I just can't shake the hunch that the show will not be renewed...

The early rating for the last episode was a 1.5, which was the same as the last episode that aired before the one week break. TV by the numbers is saying that FOX is likely to only keep one of the four dramas: Fringe, The Chicago Code, Lie to Me, or Human Target. It lists "Lie to Me" and "Human Target" as likely to get canceled, leaving it a toss up between "Fringe" and "The Chicago Code". I think that if Fringe was on a better night, it would be getting better ratings than The Chicago Code.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

I agree, which is why I was fearful of the Friday night move...that's a DVR night. Personally though, I don't know why every drama needs to be a cop show...kind of sick of them, and don't watch them. Even Fringe is a cop show at the core, but the supernatural twist makes it fresh. (well, it definitely is a take-off of the X-Files, but with better character development and science).

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I really enjoyed this episode! I feel bad for Anna Torv having to play three characters on the show now, but she does a great job. I guess that nobody recognized Lincoln! I'm not sure if Peter ever saw him, Lincoln could have been recovering from his burn wounds at the time but I'd have to go back and see. I hope that we see more of him. At first I thought that Belly might end up in Lincoln's body eventually, but then during the episode I felt like he would take over the body of this woman who can't die. I thought that's where they were going with this episode.

Nothing new on renewal. The Fringe producers mentioned in an interview that they are confident that there will be a season 4 and have also sent out a casting call for next season.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
I really enjoyed this episode! I feel bad for Anna Torv having to play three characters on the show now, but she does a great job. I guess that nobody recognized Lincoln! I'm not sure if Peter ever saw him, Lincoln could have been recovering from his burn wounds at the time but I'd have to go back and see. I hope that we see more of him. At first I thought that Belly might end up in Lincoln's body eventually, but then during the episode I felt like he would take over the body of this woman who can't die. I thought that's where they were going with this episode.

I only got to see the last 20 minutes of the episode. However, unless I missed something, Olivia has not seen Lincoln yet. What are the odds that she will recognize him when she does see him? Interesting to wonder how that will twist the series... I was also wondering about John Scott in the alternate world. Why haven't we seen him yet?

Nothing new on renewal. The Fringe producers mentioned in an interview that they are confident that there will be a season 4 and have also sent out a casting call for next season.

well, that's encouraging.... I really hope the show isn't cancelled. But...let's be realistic about this for a second. Let's say they DO go on to a fourth season... Then what? Will the show stay on Fridays? Will they go down to 13 episodes instead of 22? What kind of ratings do they have to maintain to keep the show for a season 5? What about a comparable show...say the X-Files? What did it look like ratings-wise at season 4 or 5?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
I was also wondering about John Scott in the alternate world. Why haven't we seen him yet?

The actor (Mark Valley) is currently starring on "Human Target" which might be getting canceled. He was married to Anna Torv (Olivia) but they divorced early last year so I don't know if they would want to work together anymore. Who knows!

well, that's encouraging.... I really hope the show isn't cancelled. But...let's be realistic about this for a second. Let's say they DO go on to a fourth season... Then what? Will the show stay on Fridays? Will they go down to 13 episodes instead of 22? What kind of ratings do they have to maintain to keep the show for a season 5? What about a comparable show...say the X-Files? What did it look like ratings-wise at season 4 or 5?

The early ratings news is that last episode hit a series low of 1.3 which is terrible
They might be able to pass it off as being due to the NCAA March Madness, but it looks really bad. I don't know the answers to any of your questions.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Here's the schedule for the final episodes of the season and possibly the series

3/25 - Bloodline (#318)
4/01 - Firefly (#310 repeat)
4/08 - Reciprocity (#311 repeat)
4/15 - (#319)
4/22 - (#320)
4/29 - (#321)
5/06 - Season Finale (#322)

Note that there are two weeks of reruns after this Friday's Fauxlivia episode. New episodes are returning on April 15th.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Seems as though Bell's calculation on how long he can stay in Olivia's body may be off, as it seemed the church bell through him out of balance a bit...and Olivia seemed to poke through for a sec.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Fringe has signed a new cast member for the season finale and is expected to be a regular in season 4 if FOX decides to be nice. *begs*

A lot of people are predicting that Bellivia might have slipped the soul magnets into Peter's tea in the last episode. That would seem kind of counter-productive to me.
edit on 3/23/2011 by MrAndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Good news everyone! Fringe has been renewed for a FULL fourth season! Executive producer Joel Wyman tweeted the news and FOX later confirmed that the show has been renewed for a full 22 episode season four!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Good news everyone! Fringe has been renewed for a FULL fourth season! Executive producer Joel Wyman tweeted the news and FOX later confirmed that the show has been renewed for a full 22 episode season four!

Yeah!!! Saw this last night on CNN. I'm very surprised but also incredibly grateful!!! Thanks Fox!!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Woo Hoo!

Will be interesting to see what comes from the whole baby storyline...and what this will mean to Peter when he inevitably finds out.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join