It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fringe

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Fringe is still sporting low numbers, but twice the audience in DVR viewers. Not sure what it's all gonna mean this year. It's getting the viewers, but losing the sponsors which I think is the big pickle right now.

Fringe takes a break after next friday (24th), which is probably march madness related, and returns March 23.

I keep wondering, where is alt-Charlie? I think they may have briefly mentioned that he is dead in this corrected timeline but if so, then I missed it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It's a Friday show. It's doing good just to survive in this graveyard of a timeslot.

I think it's safe to assume that without a plot hook reason to bring him into it, they simply haven't mentioned Charlie.

SPOILER....if you aren't caught up...

Big surprise seeing Olivia (remember) things. Odd part is though, that this kind of means that Peter is currently in a THIRD Universe...there's the one his Olivia was in (that merged with this Olivia), and then the alter Universe. Those are two separate Universes than his current one. Wonder how/if they are going to address that?

Hard to see why Peter would struggle to get "back" now...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

SPOILER....if you aren't caught up...

Big surprise seeing Olivia (remember) things. Odd part is though, that this kind of means that Peter is currently in a THIRD Universe...there's the one his Olivia was in (that merged with this Olivia), and then the alter Universe. Those are two separate Universes than his current one. Wonder how/if they are going to address that?

Hard to see why Peter would struggle to get "back" now...

More Spoilers.

I understand it all now.. well sort of.

Universe 1. Chosen and saved by Peter but is dieing anyway.
Universe 2. Destroyed by Peter.

This creates a future timeline where Walternate survives, crosses over and kills aged 40+ Olivia and is trying to destroy 1st universe with temporal weapons. Grief prompts Walter to figure out the machine can be used for time travel and a different decision can be made in the past that save both universes.

So.. Peter goes back in time and makes a different decision.

Universe 3 and 4.
Peter punches holes in both (old) universes and makes a bridge so they can have peace talks and work together as one universe can't exist without the other. He then vanishes and this means he never existed.. even though an observer says (paraphrased) "they can never know the boy became a man".

So that leaves 4 universes (and U.1's future timeline). The machine in universe 3 is not programed to respond to Peter genetically (they're fixing it so it does) which has me confused as how did they turn the machine on at all if the Peter never existed? Did they use Olivia as a crowbar or could anyone operate it? Is there any Sam Weiss?

5. We are definently all nerds in our reality.

edit on 16-2-2012 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Good point on the machine and Peter. If he never existed...what, what? Exactly...

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'm getting caught up now and watching the episode a few weeks back where Astrid crosses over after her father's death. Did any of you notice how the TSA stopped Peter and Olivia from pursuing the suspect because of "federal regulations"?

Makes me wonder if the writers were making a political commentary

Favorite quote:
"How does someone go from being a professor at MIT to working at the TSA?"
"I suppose he loses his mind."

edit on 16-2-2012 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Not really spoilers:

I think we're gonna get big answers regarding observers on next week's episode, which is the big march break finale, if the sneak peeks are any indications.

LOST vet Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond) has a role in an upcoming episode.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I agree that we should get some answers this week (along with probably 1000 more questions) with an observer-centric episode.

I disagree with the above poster about the number of universes. I think that in the Fringe-verse there are only 2 universes in the multiverse. If you think about the episode a couple weeks ago, as the people were merging memories with the counterpart from the other universe they were merging physically as well. Olivia is not having this issue. Her memories are from this universe. I think they were just erased by the observers when Peter was erased from existence. Because of her abilities and the introduction of regular dosages of Cortexiphan (sp?) by some sinister party (Nina?) she is able to recover the erased memories. Just a theory, but I think if you start introducing the idea of universe 3 & 4 then you have to introduce universe 5 & 6 and so on and Peter's travels turn into a season of Sliders...

I'm interested to see how they actually explain Olivia's memories on the show. The multiple universe and my theory could both be wrong. I hope they actually do explain it though and not just barrel through and magically everyone remembers Peter...

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by tonedef
I agree that we should get some answers this week (along with probably 1000 more questions) with an observer-centric episode.

I disagree with the above poster about the number of universes. I think that in the Fringe-verse there are only 2 universes in the multiverse.

I agree the two main universes in both timelines are like conjoined twins. If one dies they both die.

If you think about the episode a couple weeks ago, as the people were merging memories with the counterpart from the other universe they were merging physically as well. Olivia is not having this issue. Her memories are from this universe. I think they were just erased by the observers when Peter was erased from existence. Because of her abilities and the introduction of regular dosages of Cortexiphan (sp?) by some sinister party (Nina?) she is able to recover the erased memories.

Cortexiphan allowed Olivia to naturally pass through universes and is immune from the physical side effects of universes clashing. So far anyway.
You believe the observers may have erased memories.. what do you think happened with Walter's?

Just a theory, but I think if you start introducing the idea of universe 3 & 4 then you have to introduce universe 5 & 6 and so on and Peter's travels turn into a season of Sliders...

I don't think they'll add anymore universes (unless they want yet another love interest for Peter..
).
The observers and the first people still need to be explained as well (bit of time travel) so lets hope it gets a couple more seasons. Personally I would rather they be left a mystery than rushed explanations.

I personally believe this Olivia merged with the old time line Olivia. The problem with that theory is there should be no counterpart for her to merge with as that time line was meant to be erased.

Maybe her and Peter can both be paradoxes together.

edit on 21-2-2012 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley

I personally believe this Olivia merged with the old time line Olivia. The problem with that theory is there should be no counterpart for her to merge with as that time line was meant to be erased.

Maybe her and Peter can both be paradoxes together.

edit on 21-2-2012 by riley because: (no reason given)

That's where I think its going. Time was altered; this isn't a different universe. The timeline was altered and that is what changed the memories. I'm wondering if the "erasure" wasn't complete. That's why Olivia was dreaming about Peter before he appeared and Walter was seeing Peter in the mirrors and what not. Olivia's "original" memories are slipping back in because of her close relationship with Peter. I don't think there is any getting Peter back to his timeline, his Olivia...He's there. Its just that the people don't remember him living past the accident in the lake when Walter brought him to this side...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I don't know if the "Beyond the Fringe" comics are supposed to be canon or not, but they explore other alternate universes. Some of the comics were written by Joshua Jackson (Peter Bishop).

Did anybody else quickly figure out that Fringe played the switcheroo on our brains and that the fake Nina was with Olivia while the real one was being interrogated? I wasn't sure if I just watch too much TV or not.

Pretty sure that the current two universes are the same as they were in the past seasons, just altered by the past being changed. Which I think should mean that Peter is from a universe that no longer exists. But I don't know. Maybe it will end with Peter having to become the new observer taking September's place and he'll have to go back in time to rescue himself from Reiden Lake.

I would hate to go back to the old universe and have either no Lincoln Lee or have to reintroduce him onto the team again.

I love that so many elements from Season 1 are being explored again.

The last episode rose a bit in the ratings. TVLine reports a rumor that Fringe will return for a 15-episode final season next year.

Joshua Jackson had this to say not too long ago:

"I think there's a possibility that if people just watched the show on the day and date, and if the numbers came back, [renewal] is a possibility [on Fox]," he said. "[But] they've talked about maybe going off network with it, too. The TV landscape is a different place than it used to be, so [cancellation on Fox] might not be death."

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tonedef

I to, believe the two universe are merging somehow. Olivia is one now? or going to be one of the two. As well as peter. anyway I cant wait.!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
"Terra Nova" was canceled by FOX, so I was worried about what that could mean for "Fringe". Interestingly though, TV Line just upgraded Fringe's renewal chances from "could go either way" to "a safe bet". Michael Ausiello (who works for TV Line) is a big time insider, so if anyone knew anything, it would probably be him.

LINK
edit on 3/7/2012 by MrAndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I finally signed up for Netflix DVDs and got this show. I LOVE it!

I have seen maybe one or two episodes and they were part of class assignment oddly enough. I watched those two episodes a few times because I was so interested. I have been told by many that I'd enjoy this show.

I also found that on www.thewb.com you can view Season 1. It said view Season 1 and 2 yesterday but I can only find Season 1 on their site. I'm fine with that because now I can watch it online until my next set of dvd's come in.
I am even thinking about just buying all three seasons on Amazon for $75 bucks lol

Great show! I haven't been into a show in about 10yrs...since Buffy ended

I like the topics on the show. It's like the X Files but not. I'm only on Season 1 about half way through. I have avoided all forums on this show so I don't know what is going to happen. So far I'm hooked!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Just wanted to update this thread and report that Fringe has been renewed for a fifth and final season of 13 episodes.

This was really what I was expecting, so I am happy for it. I feel like bringing it to a close is the right thing to do for the story, regardless of ratings.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

While I am glad the show is being renewed, I am extremely sad that they will be rapping up the show next season. This is, hands down, the best show on tv in years. There is so much they can continue to do with this storyline, IMO, but also there are other storylines that can be developed. Sadly, the crap that continues on for eternity (okay I am talking about Idol and all those dumb shows and yeah I know its not eternity but it sure feels like it...) won't go away yet anything that challenges and gets people to think outside the box has a small shelf life.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

I love Fringe, but I'm glad it's wrapping up. Only recently did it get a bit more back to what made it great...but there's only so far they can go with the major plot.... Let's just hope it doesn't have a LOST type ending....

As for Idol...it's circling the drain. The other singing shows (like the Voice) are killing it, and Duets will be the final nail in the coffin I think.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Enjoyed the last episode, but can't wait until the next season!

Hoping that what we saw in episode 19 is what it's based on mostly, and that it gets there as quickly as possible. Just a shame that Olivia won't be there at that point. Brilliant actress, and I hope she does well from here on out with whatever TV/Film she works in. I'm going to miss her!

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join