It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fringe

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Can't wait! Can't believe they haven't been hyping this more.....

I also saw that Season 3 is now on DVD/Blu Ray....yay!

One of these days, I'm going to sit down and watch them all, looking for the Observers....

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
All-new Fringe tonight! Here's a preview:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I haven't been able to watch the new one yet (DVR'd though). My wife didn't see the final two episodes, so have to get her to watch, so we can move on....arrgghh!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Pretty interesting episode, its interesting to see everything that hadn't occurred since Peter doesn't exist like Alt-Broyles still being alive. I wonder if it means William Bell is still alive too?

I'm not sure that Walter freaking out over seeing visions of Peter everywhere makes sense. He sees weird things all the time, so I would think he would be more interested in studying it than being scared.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

That's all some interesting points... It seems like Walter still did go to the other side, but in this altered timeline, Peter died still. So, would Bell have even gone over there? It seems like it, as we haven't seen any Massive Dynamics interplay.

Did they ever really answer if Peter's actions kept the two Universes from destroying each other? Looks like the next one has the Peter manifestations growing. The really need to bring him back.

The whole show is that core group of three (Walter, Olivia, and Peter).
To be honest, the whole "other universe" storyline has run its course in my opinion, and they need to introduce a new central mystery (and villain) for this season.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree, I don't believe we have even seen Walternate this season.

I assume the two universes are safe. Peter and the machine created the bridge and everything which saved the universes, but I don't know what their explanation of what happened would be...

I think Belly would have still gone over there, since Walter said that he still crossed over to get Peter and that is what caused the universes to have some problems. Except in this version, the observer did not show up to rescue Peter from the frozen lake and only Walter survived. Which confused me because I thought in the season finale the observer said that Peter never existed and I figured that meant he was never born in both realities.

I bet that Peter will be back before Fringe goes on winter hiatus. The last episode did have a promising increase in the ratings. Where did all of the other Fringephiles here go?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

They may be like me, and want to see the wrap-up of last season's storyline, and for the show to get back to the basics (i.e. the central 3 characters investigating weird stuff)...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
There are so many paradoxes that could come from the whole "alternate world" theory (puns intended....) that play around Peter's existence or lack of. Honestly, I bet the writers will avoid most of them for simplicity and to keep the viewers interest as I would hazard a guess the dizzying possibilities would give most people a headache.

I imagine this season will play out with a Walter-vs-Walternate and Olivia-vs-Fauxlivia for Peter's affection....just as everyone would expect it to. I'm still on the fence on whether it will turn out to be a great season or a disappointment, but I hope that the writers stay true to the type of episodes that gained the fanbase to begin with and don't go too "out there." I'm also concerned about the show turning into a soap opera. While I like some storyline and character chemistry to make episodes cohesive, I don't want to see the show turn into trashy, cheesy (not to mention predictable) romance.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
You're back!

I never liked the idea of the Peter-Olivia pairing either. I bet it was only done in an attempt to draw more of a female audience. I have been satisfied with the episodes this season, but I still wish it was less freak-of-the-week and a bigger focus on the overall plot. Last year it seemed they did every other week as the mostly stand-alone episode and the others had to do with the overarching storyline. I want to know more about this Peter-less world. I want to know what Nina Sharp and Massive Dynamic are up to. Does Walter still own the company?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

I guess that would depend on the fate of Bell. If he's dead, then yes, I'd wager Walter still owns the company. But, in that case, it seems the company would be VERY interested in whether or not Walter is still sane...

I'm thinking that Peter's disappearance gives the writers a chance to "reboot" and start over without the Olivia - Peter love thing...and go back to the tension. (and I think that would be best). A way to get them together (as they already did), without getting them together (now they'd start over)...having their cake and eating it too. Kind of like we did with the Fauxlivia arc.

I really think the "First People" is a more interesting storyline idea than the other universe bit. I think there's a lot that could be explored with it. (and it's NEW)... The other universe is simply getting a bit stale for me. I also want to see a return to fun Walter vs. brooding Walter.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The last few episodes have had a hint of Olivia-and-Lincoln chemistry to them. Of course, this also plays into the Fauxlivia-OtherLincoln chemistry too. Makes you wonder if Peter will have to fight for Olivia's affection over Lincoln.

As I mentioned, I hope NOT...because that would be just too cheesy and turn me off from the show.

I would like to see more of where the Observers are going to take the "future" now that their expectation with Peter didn't play out.

And of course, I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Sam Weiss.... That has to come back into play somehow.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Yay Peter! I sure was rooting for him to come back during the episode, just for the ratings sake. I thought it was a really good episode. We learned about a new cortexiphan patient, and that Olivia and Walter have made no connection with any of the others (unless she was just lying). I don't really understand how those fringe cases with them wouldn't have happened in the adjusted timeline. Also remember that in the Season 1 finale, Alt. Lincoln recognized Nick Lane (the cortexiphan empath), so it would be interesting to see if there is a connection between him and regularverse Lincoln. We also learned that Nina is some kind of mother figure for Olivia? What??

I believe there was a bit of a goof in this episode. Cameron James was subject 9 of the cortexiphan trials, but the list of cortexiphan kids in the episode "Jacksonville" says Cameron A. oh well!

Also I think the official alt-nickname for alternate Olivia is Bolivia Dunham for some reason, I read that more often and the closed caption on my TV uses it too.

Next week is a rerun because (I assume) of baseball world series.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I just wanted to give a heads up that due to the MLB World Series going to a game 7 tonight, there will be no Fringe. We will have to wait another week to see a new episode.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
So we got Peter back and we got lots of answers too, hurray!

1 - Our Fringe team have no idea who the observers are.

WALTER: That lake where we crossed over was frozen. The ice broke. We fell through. I tried to hold on to him... but he drowned.
PETER: The Observer didn't pull us out of the lake that night? Well, that must be it, Walter.
ASTRID: What's an Observer?

2 - Olivia and Rachel lived with Nina Sharp after their mother died.

AGENT LEE: Okay. You -- you're gonna have to do better than that. Why does Nina Sharp have your photo in her office?
OLIVIA: After our mother died, my sister and I were due to go into the foster system. Instead, Nina pulled some strings, and... we went to live with her.
AGENT LEE: So the Acting C.E.O. of one of the richest companies in... the world - was your Nanny?
OLIVIA: Something like that.

3 - William Bell is in fact dead in this timeline as well, or at least that is what Malcolm Truss believes.

4 - I am a little suspicious that Truss's work was shut down. Is regrowing skin tissue really that much more controversial than everything else Massive Dynamic is doing?

MALCOLM TRUSS: I never thought I'd say this, but... I wish William Bell were alive... just so he could see you. I truly believed that the work that we were doing was going to change the world. And just like that... Bell shut down the project. And all he could say was, "Some things are not ours to tamper with. Some things... are God's."

5 - The new shapeshifters are upgraded and much more difficult to identify. I'm going to take a guess and say that one of them will infiltrate the Fringe team.

PETER: They're the perfect infiltrators. By transforming their DNA, they can become anyone. They perfect this technology, and they can get close to us. They could replace any one of us. And short of performing surgery to find those memory disks, you would have absolutely no way of knowing.

6 - Once more, I don't understand the idea that cellular replication is such a terrible thing, aside from what we see it has been used for. It can do great things. Although, I am brought back to our first introduction of Agent Lee from the other side. Olivia and the other cortexiphan kids crossed over, and one of them combusted, causing severe burns over Lincoln's body. It was probably alternate Truss's research into cellular replication that saved his life.

MALCOLM TRUSS: It's my fault. "Some things are not ours to tamper with."
OLIVIA: Excuse me?
MALCOLM TRUSS: It's something someone said to me once. I didn't understand it at the time. But I do now.

7 - Olivia appears to have a bout of deja-vu at the end. Olivia was having deja-vu in season 1 as well, but she was apparently slipping in and out of the alternate universe somehow.

8 - More shapeshifters are coming.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Fringe is back tonight!

Here is a season 4 recap:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I want to know what Nina Sharp and Massive Dynamic are up to. Does Walter still own the company?

Seems like he doesn't in this timeline. In this one, he seems to barely have been let out of the asylum, and then only because Olivia needed him, since Peter wasn't there to get him out.

So, Walter is under a lot more lock and key in this timeline. Given his mental status, I'm sure Nina completely runs Massive Dynamic.

My guess is also that Nina knows a LOT more about what is going on than she lets on. She's obviously dosing up Olivia to prep her for something to come. I'm guessing she's on to the bad guy and has an idea of his plans....now that he's revealed to be the source of the new shapeshifters.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Alright this has been bothering me.

Multiuniverses (in the context that it's been explained on Fringe) are the result of different choices and action/reactions. People keep referring to this as the new time line but I actually consider it a third (and fourth) universe. So whats the difference between a different time line and universe?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

I think the difference in the context of the show, is that the other Universe is a physical place, whereas the different timeline represents a temporal change to our actual Universe (and the alternate one) due to Peter not being rescued etc.

Presumably though, you're right, because in order for Peter to get to "his" Universe, it would need to be a separate entity/place to travel to.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The ratings for Fringe went up for the last episode. Could be due to Supernatural still being in reruns and Grimm being absent, but it matched the rating of the two-hour series finale of Chuck. Still too early to make any predictions about its future, but I am wondering if the possibility of it being moved to another network is on the table?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I doubt it. It is a staunch survivor in what is usually the ratings graveyard (Friday nights), so I suspect it will still be a go for a bit longer.

I really hope they go more into the whole Observer thing, and I'd still like to see them revisit the First People concept. (and Sam Weiss)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join