It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fringe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.. after this week's episode of Fringe "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep?", the show will be going into reruns due to baseball playoffs. The next new episode will be November 4th unless the World Series goes to 7 games, in that case the new episode will be November 11th.

FOX is also starting to show reruns on Saturday nights. Hopefully that will help the show gain more fans!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
This was such an amazing episode with some really powerful performances. Does anybody else kind of think that perhaps Peter has already figured out that the wrong Olivia came back?

Some of the things he said in the episode were really interesting:

"We all draw our moral lines in the sand. And unless you can put yourself in another man's shoes, I don't think you can really judge the situation."

"...she must have noticed something different." (regarding the Senator's wife)

"Maybe she did notice, but she just made excuses for herself not to have to deal with it, or, she came up with ways to explain it to herself. Kind of like I've been doing with you. With all the little differences since you've come back from the 'Other Side.' Well you did tell me that all your experiences on the 'Other Side' changed you, but since you got back, it's like, you're a completely different person. You seem less burdened, you're more patient with Walter. Don't get me wrong, I like it. The change is good, it's just... different."

I think it would do a lot for Peter's character to show that he has figured her out and has his own plan to thwart her own.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

I definitely think Peter has figured it out....the next episode looks epic in this regard, from the previews. Generally, I try not to watch them as I'd rather be surprised, but accidentally did this week.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

This is the preview for the next episode. It will air November 4th if there is no game 7 of the World Series, otherwise it will air the following week.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I just wanted to bring it to everyone's attention: There is an ALL-NEW Fringe this Thursday, November 4th. It would have been postponed to next week if the World Series went to a game 7, but it ended in 5 games so we get a brand new Fringe this Thursday!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thank goodness, was hoping we'd have an episode on Thur.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I cannot wait for tonight!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Another episode of the Other Side, the concept still intrigues me but I feel that Fringe needs to move a little faster now. Peter and Walter are too important to the show to be left out every other week. I hope that we find out what the deal is with other Astrid, though. She is really strange.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

I agree with you,I am interested by the Other side but it seems to have turned into the Other side Fringe show,(does that make sense ? I know what I mean!)I miss the original show and must admit I am getting tired of Olivia pulling strange faces for the whole episode.
I miss Walter and Peter and normal Astrid!!
I guess that's all we are going to get now they have introduced the Alternate Universe ,the struggle between the two worlds.

Shame.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by saratoga123

Looks like it will get back to it though, as Olivia is now aware she's from the other side. I think Walternate will catch on quick that she's lying though (as he'll go back to see about this "blackness" she claimed to see).

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Looks like the head Massive Dynamics gal is on to there being something not right with Olivia....

I found it funny they kept using the "Walternate" name, as I'm pretty sure fans coined it before the show was using it....

EDIT: Oddly enough, the "Numbers Stations" (mentioned in the last episode) is an actual conspiracy theory. I just did some preliminary looks at it, and it's something I wasn't aware of...which is surprising, due to a former career interest of mine. Will have to look into it more.

The current thinking (and seems to be supported) is that they are spy broadcasts, using one-pad encryption (unbreakable due to the one-shot random characters, and can be manually decoded, if you have the cypher pad). The amount and grouping of the numbers is the same, and there have been such pads discovered when spies were found, and such broadcasts were used as evidence in a few spy cases.

As for Marconi hearing them when he started, no mention of that. However, a Russian scientist did slightly send similar code to a Russian battleship, prior to Marconi stealing the radio from Tesla...of course. (and yes, it's a fact...the Supreme Court even ruled so, of course, no help to Tesla, as I believe it was after his death)...
edit on 15-11-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I don't know if "Walternate" was made up by fans or the writers. I know it was said by William Bell last season and possibly Walter was saying it back then too. I like Alter-Walter

I had read about number stations in the past, The Conet Project has recorded some very weird stuff.

So they said in the episode that the book "The First People" was written by Seamus Wiles. That's an anagram for Sam(uel) Weiss, the wise bowling alley manager that helped Olivia out last season. On last season's season finale "A demons twist rusts" was written on Walternate's chalkboard, which is an anagram for "Don't trust Sam Weiss". Maybe he is one of the "first people", or a shapeshifter that's defected?

The writing on the device that they picked up in the last episode might be the same that we see the Observer writing in when we first are introduced to him in Season 1. Maybe they are "The First People".

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Excellent conclusions...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Starting on the 28th of January, Fringe will move to Friday nights. FOX had the following to say in a press release:

"As for the decision to bump Fringe to Fridays, “Fringe has a very particular, loyal audience,” Reilly said. With the show picking up almost half of its viewrship via DVR, he doesn’t expect the sci-fi series to take a big ratings hit in moving to Fridays where it will be paired with solid reality performer Kitchen Nightmares. “If (Fringe) could stay near the current levels, we’ll get a big trade-up on Friday and will solve our problem there.” - Kevin Reilly (FOX Network President)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Networks seem to always try and use this explanation for moving good, solid-performing sci-fi shows, to the doldrums of Friday nights, and then are surprised, when the viewership takes a big hit. DVR or not... Personally, I kind of like it, as I don't think I've got anything DVR'ing that night....but I hope it doesn't drive the show off the air, as it has with other good shows....

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Wow, no comments since the last episode? Oldlivia is outed to Broyles, tries to return, but is thwarted....Peter just found out....a lot going on!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Sorry Gaz, too stuck on Walking Dead to comment on anything else

I think Olivia's got a new ally in Alter-Broyles. Save my kid/wife I'll help you do whatever you want. My question is how is Peter going to handle falling for Newlivia now that he knows?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tonedef

I'm thinking he already suspected for a while, but was just rolling with a good thing...

Alter-Broyles may end up being an ally, but it will be interesting to see how much he's willing to risk to help her... My guess though, is that he does, as right now, he'll be about the only one that can...as Walternate pretty much has decided to kill her.

At least she stayed longer during the last "jump"...so maybe she's getting better at it. We sure learned a lot about the mythos lately...the First Ones...the other side using these ancients' technology (perhaps).... You'd think the two Walters would put their heads together and find a better solution for the problem though.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Glad you mentioned the First Ones, I had almost forgotten about that new twist. I was thinking about them and started wondering. Did they exist in both dimensions or did they cause the split of reality into two separate universes?

I ask because in the Fringe mythos it seems that we are to assume only 2 parallel universes. It is not like the Sliders infinite parallel universes. Maybe I'm looking too much at that, or maybe its just these 2 universes are the closest and an introduction of more would be silly and too much for the story.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tonedef

I think they mentioned it once, that this is a Universe that "overlaps" us, but that there are more parallel ones. It's because of the overlap, it would seem, and the event of traversing, that destabilized the alternate universe.

It's interesting that the intense passion that drove Walter to kidnap and save his son, is the same passion that fueled his alter self to make kidnapping a Fringe crime and spurred him into pursuing power to get his son back.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join